PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Bertuzzied
09-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Ok that's right, I forgot Todd's uncle was behind the prison hits.

Heisenberg is going to off you! It wasn't Todd's uncle....

ranchlandsselling
09-02-2013, 02:00 PM
That epsoide was stressful. I don't think I even enjoyed it, which would be a first. I felt compelled to fast forward.

To Be Quite Honest
09-02-2013, 04:55 PM
So sad when this ends...

Radio
09-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Yeah, I'm not ready to completely dismiss the theory either. If you look at everything that's happened, there are a lot of subtle hints that maybe Walt is still behind all of that. We don't really know that it was just a hostile takeover by Todd and his uncle's group. I can't really remember all of the cold opening a few episodes ago where it was Todd and his uncle at the diner...but it just seems to me there is someone holding the strings there, and it hasn't been revealed yet. I think Walt's phone call to Todd saying "I need your uncle to do one more thing" was a bigger reveal than people are catching onto.

Edit: I actually just re-watched the opening from last episode and it seems like Walt doesn't know about the hit on the meth lab, but Todd leaves him a message about the change in management. Then it ends with them driving the gear into new mexico.

I dunno. This show is messing with my head.

The hit on the lab was because the Arizona gang was cooking for Lydia and she was sending it to the Czechs. But it was only 68% pure, and Todd's last batch was 75%. Their 68% is not what they are paying for. She went there to "check" on their operation and explain that the Czechs weren't happy with the quality.

So it wasn't really a hostile take over...more of a change in management. I don't think Walt is running things but still wants/needs to know what's going on.

jammies
09-02-2013, 10:23 PM
So... those of you who felt that Hank isn't supposed to be a bad guy, how'd you feel about him being all right with setting Jessie up to die? Yet another example of how he believes the ends justify the means, and this time he explicitly says as much to Gomey.

And now Walt has completely corrupted Skylar, who doesn't care what happens to anyone as long as she and the family are "safe". And Saul isn't so funny anymore when he wants to "Old Yeller" Jessie. Who is left to cheer for - Marie?

I'm also unsure of the moral lesson that can be drawn from Walt sparing Jessie looking to be his eventual undoing. It's more like an amoral lesson, really.

VANFLAMESFAN
09-02-2013, 10:50 PM
So sad when this ends...

Not me. I'm happy the show is going out while on top. The show still could be great for a couple more seasons, but you then start questioning integrity and poking holes at everything as it seems its just dragging along just for ratings and money. There's not a lot of artistic integrity in movies/TV these days.

As much as I love the show, im okay with it ending in a couple weeks and will be happy I saw a beginning, middle and an end to this great character transformation, which is really unprecedented on TV to my knowledge. I can't think of a character that has done a 180 the way Walter White has and it's been fascinating to watch.

sun
09-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Finale prediction: Walt's going to poison Hank with the ricin and Marie will get arrested for it after her shrink tells the police how she spoke at length about using an untraceable poison.
I don't think so, but it was a pretty pointless scene, so who knows.

Definitely pretty curious about Jesse's plan. I assume he told Hank that he killed Gale. Not sure what kind of "deal" the DEA can give you when you admit to murder. Hank is using Jesse (or trying to) as a tool, same way Walt did.

Shin Pad
09-03-2013, 12:45 AM
I don't think so, but it was a pretty pointless scene, so who knows.

Definitely pretty curious about Jesse's plan. I assume he told Hank that he killed Gale. Not sure what kind of "deal" the DEA can give you when you admit to murder. Hank is using Jesse (or trying to) as a tool, same way Walt did.

This may have been discussed somewhere in this thread, but without having to read through 70 pages, I think Walt goes into Saul's "changing identity" program. In the first episode of Season 5, Walt is sitting in a restaurant having breakfast, and tells the waitress that he's 52 years old. Anyway, he has New Hampshire identification. I think he escapes using the same process that was offered to Jesse. Something must have happened back in NM which compelled him to come back and buy an assault rifle. Who is he after?

Wormius
09-03-2013, 01:19 AM
Yeah but how would he find out about her wanting to poison someone? What did he bug the doctors office?

I don't think the doctor - patient confidentiality comes into play here. I think he could come forward after, couldn't he?

Edit: Marie said something to the effect about this person causing trouble for her and Hank. Doesn't make it sound like she wants to hurt Hank.

Wormius
09-03-2013, 01:29 AM
So, I know people were going on about how Walt assimilates certain behaviors from people he has killed, and that he was wearing Jesse's green army jacket... But isn't Todd the one wearing that coat in "Confessions"?

Wormius
09-03-2013, 01:39 AM
I dunno, I could see this fitting together.

Why would Todd call Walter about the change in management if Walt is completely out?

You could have a point. If this is all a ruse for the benefit of Skyler and others it could play out well.

I am not sure why all of these characters still have access to Walt - Lydia and Todd, I mean.

But, I am curious about what is going on with Todd's group and Lydia's interests. I think whatever arrangement they have will end badly for both sides.

TurnedTheCorner
09-03-2013, 01:43 AM
I agree about Todd/Lydia. Walt nearly lost everything in his dealings with Gus - and then he goes out and gets into business with people he can't control or predict. Again. At least that's how I see it.

How will Jesse make out in the end? A clue, perhaps (hidden for size)

http://abload.de/img/10vuel.jpg

DEA and then a mug handle. Hmmm...

getbak
09-03-2013, 02:35 AM
Who knew that Hank and/or Marie were that into horses?

DownhillGoat
09-03-2013, 06:11 AM
I got a chuckle out of the Deadwood series DVD on the shelf.

Radio
09-03-2013, 09:46 AM
There is a yellow book there called 'Big Secrets'...dun dun duh!

fredr123
09-03-2013, 10:06 AM
There is a yellow book there called 'Big Secrets'...dun dun duh!

http://i.imgur.com/vrbCeVc.jpg

There are a bunch of books that are obviously a little self conscious:

The Rat
The Stand
The Final Days
Mad Money
The Money Harvest
Destiny
Big Secrets
The Blue Nowhere
Crazy Rhythm (among other things, a book about Nixon, Watergate, and secret recordings)

... and probably way more if you can get a better screenshot.

aaronck
09-03-2013, 11:39 AM
I noticed the book titles when watching the episode, pretty cool. Also, why is Marie no longer wearing purple lately, is it just since she found out about Walt?

Erick Estrada
09-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Not me. I'm happy the show is going out while on top. The show still could be great for a couple more seasons, but you then start questioning integrity and poking holes at everything as it seems its just dragging along just for ratings and money. There's not a lot of artistic integrity in movies/TV these days.

As much as I love the show, im okay with it ending in a couple weeks and will be happy I saw a beginning, middle and an end to this great character transformation, which is really unprecedented on TV to my knowledge. I can't think of a character that has done a 180 the way Walter White has and it's been fascinating to watch.

Yeah I think the show is going at the right time as it has peaked and while the quality is still good there's nowhere to go but down by dragging out the story and characters.

Radio
09-03-2013, 05:14 PM
I noticed the book titles when watching the episode, pretty cool. Also, why is Marie no longer wearing purple lately, is it just since she found out about Walt?

She's wearing purple in the picture and drinking from a purple cup.

Mike F
09-03-2013, 06:36 PM
... and probably way more if you can get a better screenshot.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5524/9666126251_e11d9e74ee_o.jpg

Wormius
09-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Ha. I have "Citizen Laszlo" .

Surprisingly, no Walt Whitman...

Bertuzzied
09-03-2013, 08:49 PM

I'll even pay real money when they make it into a movie a few years later.

speede5
09-04-2013, 08:18 AM
This gave me a good chuckle this morning.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/mr-white-is-santa.jpg

darklord700
09-04-2013, 08:24 AM
I'm only at the end of season 2 when Walter suddenly becomes territorial by telling two meth cooking punks to get out of his territory. I wonder why such a character change. Would it be because Walter has nothing to show for for his life contrasted by Elliot's success at Gray Matter. And cooking good meth is one thing he excels in so he wants to preserve or prolong this feeling.

nfotiu
09-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Can someone recap the whole ricin stuff for me. It has been a while and I don't remember it all that well.

Here's what I remember:

Brock got sick. Jesse had the ricin cigarette with his cigarette's because Walt wanted him to kill someone with it, but it never worked out? And then Jesse realized it was gone and became sure it was Walt? Then Walt planted it in the Roomba and Jesse found it. But then the doctor's determined it was the berry plant, and they finished the season showing Walt had the berry plant by his pool.

So, why did Walt take the ricin cigarette from Jesse in the first place since he didn't use it to poison Brock? And didn't Jesse believe the doctor's that it wasn't ricin? Or am I mis-remembering stuff? And if the ricin cigarette was in the roomba, was it another one he hid in the outlet? I can't remember the point of hiding it in the outlet.

fredr123
09-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Ha. I have "Citizen Laszlo" .

Surprisingly, no Walt Whitman...

I caught that the other day too. Trying to figure out the connection between the cast and crew of Breaking Bad and Father Guido Sarducci.

There are also a few Native American history books, stuff about the American southwest, Stephen King books (King is a big Breaking Bad fan), and some Lewis Grizzard works.

You can also see The Complete Guide to Financial Privacy (a book about hiding assets from legal process and relatives), The Night the Bear Ate Goombaw (another anthology of humor), and Miserable Paradise on the bottom shelf.

TurnedTheCorner
09-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Can someone recap the whole ricin stuff for me. It has been a while and I don't remember it all that well.

Here's what I remember:

Brock got sick. Jesse had the ricin cigarette with his cigarette's because Walt wanted him to kill someone with it, but it never worked out? And then Jesse realized it was gone and became sure it was Walt? Then Walt planted it in the Roomba and Jesse found it. But then the doctor's determined it was the berry plant, and they finished the season showing Walt had the berry plant by his pool.

So, why did Walt take the ricin cigarette from Jesse in the first place since he didn't use it to poison Brock? And didn't Jesse believe the doctor's that it wasn't ricin? Or am I mis-remembering stuff? And if the ricin cigarette was in the roomba, was it another one he hid in the outlet? I can't remember the point of hiding it in the outlet.

The ricin in the cigarette was for Jesse to use on Gus. When Jesse "lost" the Ricin cigarette, he thought Brock had found it and initially blamed Walt. Walt convinced him that Gus used it on Brock, since Gus has shown no qualms about using/killing children in his business dealings.

Walt poisoned Brock with the Lilly of the Valley to manipulate Jesse into going along with the idea that it was Gus or them. And then planted the ricin cigarette in the Roomba to get Jesse thinking he had simply lost the cigarette after all, now that he knew Brock didn't in fact ingest it.

It's the same ricin cigarette that Walt has in the wall outlet.
Hope that helps. Think I got it all right and addressed your questions.

Ark2
09-04-2013, 09:25 AM
The ricin in the cigarette was for Jesse to use on Gus. When Jesse "lost" the Ricin cigarette, he thought Brock had found it and initially blamed Walt. Walt convinced him that Gus used it on Brock, since Gus has shown no qualms about using/killing children in his business dealings.

Walt poisoned Brock with the Lilly of the Valley to manipulate Jesse into going along with the idea that it was Gus or them. And then planted the ricin cigarette in the Roomba to get Jesse thinking he had simply lost the cigarette after all, now that he knew Brock didn't in fact ingest it.

It's the same ricin cigarette that Walt has in the wall outlet.
Hope that helps. Think I got it all right and addressed your questions.

Not going to use a spoiler tag as we are talking about something that happened in 2011. Jesse blamed Walt initially because he believed that Walt stole the ricin from his cigarette pack and poisoned Brock with it. He went so far as to suggest that Walt had Saul steal the cigarette, but Walt convinced him that it was actually Gus that stole it and poisoned Brock in an attempt to frame Walt.

WilderPegasus
09-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Not going to use a spoiler tag as we are talking about something that happened in 2011. Jesse blamed Walt initially because he believed that Walt stole the ricin from his cigarette pack and poisoned Brock with it. He went so far as to suggest that Walt had Saul steal the cigarette, but Walt convinced him that it was actually Gus that stole it and poisoned Brock in an attempt to frame Walt.

Although Walt didn't actually plant the ricin cigarette in the Roomba. He instead replaced the vial of ricin with a vial of salt. Then he hid the vial of ricin in the electrical outlet at his house. In the fast forward scene where his house has been seized by the authorities and abandoned, that's what he went back for.

nfotiu
09-04-2013, 09:33 AM

I figured there are enough people catching up that are in this thread.

Your's and TTC's posts brought everything back for me. Still kind of bugs me a little though trying to figure out what is going through Jesse's mind right now.

Figuring out that Walt stole the ricin cigarette was one thing, and maybe that shows that he figured out that Walt was probably manipulating him against Gus as normal. But how does it leave Jesse to believe that Walt actually poisoned Brock, when it was established that it wasn't Ricin?

WilderPegasus
09-04-2013, 09:40 AM
I figured there are enough people catching up that are in this thread.

Your's and TTC's posts brought everything back for me. Still kind of bugs me a little though trying to figure out what is going through Jesse's mind right now.

Figuring out that Walt stole the ricin cigarette was one thing, and maybe that shows that he figured out that Walt was probably manipulating him against Gus as normal. But how does it leave Jesse to believe that Walt actually poisoned Brock, when it was established that it wasn't Ricin?

When he couldn't find his weed he knew the only possible explanation was that Huel pickpocketed it. Jesse previously suspected that Walt had gotten Saul to lift the ricin off him but he didn't know that Huel was a pickpocket. It made him realize that his suspicions were correct since it made more sense than him losing the ricin and it ending up in the Roomba where Walt discovered it. If Walt planted the ricin the only reason he had for doing it was if he had poisoned Brock.

fredr123
09-04-2013, 09:49 AM

Here's what I remember:

Alan Sepinwall included a timeline of events in his recap of the episode "Confessions": http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-breaking-bad-confessions-master-thespian/2

Huntingwhale
09-04-2013, 09:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Wuiffup.jpg

nfotiu
09-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Alan Sepinwall included a timeline of events in his recap of the episode "Confessions": http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-breaking-bad-confessions-master-thespian/2

Thanks, that covered everything exactly. I still have a little trouble with the part about Ricin not being used being besides the point though, as Jesse has know for a while Walt was manipulating him through everything. At least I am not feeling like I am missing anything from my memory. This show really asks a lot in remembering details from a few years ago!

corporatejay
09-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Posted this in the funny/cool thread but thought it was a cool breaking bad inside joke.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1907/nqu0.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/nqu0.png/)

Tinordi
09-04-2013, 01:34 PM
What was the deal with the memory card issue in the camera?

polak
09-04-2013, 01:52 PM
What was the deal with the memory card issue in the camera?

Probably just full

Tinordi
09-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Probably just full
So why write it into the script then?

Wormius
09-04-2013, 02:24 PM
So why write it into the script then?

To probably indicate to the audience that Jesse's confession was lengthy.

GP_Matt
09-04-2013, 05:44 PM
There is no way that Walt is still involved in a meth lab that is shipping such an inferior product. He wouldn't order the guys making 68% meth to be killed to make room for 75% pure. It still isn't good enough for someone who demands perfection.

Wormius
09-05-2013, 07:45 PM
I can't believe I watched that episode and this whole week I was thinking Jesse tried to burn down Walt's house twice. It totally didn't occur to me that they were just flashing back to why Jesse didn't burn it down originally.

VANFLAMESFAN
09-05-2013, 08:40 PM
I can't believe I watched that episode and this whole week I was thinking Jesse tried to burn down Walt's house twice. It totally didn't occur to me that they were just flashing back to why Jesse didn't burn it down originally.

I didn't know that was possible.

Wormius
09-05-2013, 09:06 PM
I didn't know that was possible.

Blonde moment, I guess.

Daradon
09-06-2013, 08:19 AM
I posted late last time and I still say...

Whaaaa!!!

Good thing you got us.

You're not even a sexy blonde are you...

Wormius
09-06-2013, 09:53 AM
I posted late last time and I still say...

Whaaaa!!!

Good thing you got us.

You're not even a sexy blonde are you...

I know. I just thought Jesse got really pissed off again, and wanted to burn the house down for real, but this time got stopped by Hank.

It seemed kind of funny at the time watching it, especially since Walt just finished cleaning it all up, and was ensuring Skyler it wouldn't happen again.

Huntingwhale
09-06-2013, 10:24 AM
Some behind the scenes shots...

http://imgur.com/a/LZHG3

Flash Walken
09-08-2013, 01:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/CUbvq9N.jpg

Acey
09-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Yeah that's how Sundays have been going for me. Dexter and Ray Donovan provide a good distraction, but it's still 95% Breaking Bad anticipation.

VANFLAMESFAN
09-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Not very intense.....

calumniate
09-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Lacked intensity :(

next time you take down a drug lord, forget about calling your wife and get some friggin backup!

VANFLAMESFAN
09-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Why were they shooting on the truck though. If Walt catches a bullet, no more blue meth for them.

bluck
09-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Man what a boring episode... so slow...

No way Hank survives this.

nfotiu
09-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Man what a boring episode... so slow...

No way Hank survives this.

I have to stop watching this at 10pm. I'm not going to be able to sleep for a few hours.

rohara66
09-08-2013, 09:08 PM
How many more episodes left? Agreed, kinda slow this week.

getbak
09-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Why were they shooting on the truck though. If Walt catches a bullet, no more blue meth for them.
They're on tv, everyone knows cars are bulletproof on tv.

InSutterWeTrust
09-08-2013, 09:12 PM
3 more episodes left.

stang
09-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Oh my effing god! I almost crapped my pants

VANFLAMESFAN
09-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Do some of the above people think that was a boring episode? Can't read sarcasm very well. You can't be serious folks.

Fusebox
09-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Do some of the above people think that was a boring episode? Can't read sarcasm very well. You can't be serious folks.

I don't know how to put spoiler tags in so I've put the following in white:

The first half of the episode was slow, but the last ten minutes made up for it. I was just waiting for the uncle and his crew to show up. I knew when Hank was on the phone with Marie that it was the last time she'd hear his voice.

VANFLAMESFAN
09-08-2013, 10:25 PM
I don't know how to put spoiler tags in so I've put the following in white:

The first half of the episode was slow, but the last ten minutes made up for it. I was just waiting for the uncle and his crew to show up. I knew when Hank was on the phone with Marie that it was the last time she'd hear his voice.

Nothing wrong with a solid build up. That was far from a boring episode in my opinion.

djsFlames
09-08-2013, 10:44 PM
That was the worst, most horribly acted and executed, predictable, amateur, entirely void of suspense episode of television I've ever seen..

Psyche. :cool:

Erick Estrada
09-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Great ending although when they opened up the automatic fire there's no way Hank and Gomez survive standing in the open there. Not a lot of realism in that gunfight.

Wormius
09-08-2013, 10:58 PM
I kind of expected that ending, but I thought Walt was going to call Todd's uncle back before surrendering himself to save his butt.

I am now starting to think that the ending will involve Jesse getting kidnapped to cook for Lydia, Walt going to rescue him and taking the ricin himself, before trading himself for Jesse. Or he might be planning to really confess, so he just takes it and he can die before going to prison.

Flames0910
09-08-2013, 11:42 PM
So great.

Agreed on the lack of realism. Shoulda cut it just as the guys arrived, or when Hank hung up.

Flames0910
09-08-2013, 11:51 PM
edit: duplicate post...

flamesfan6
09-08-2013, 11:54 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120428090841/deadliestfiction/images/7/71/StormtrooperCorps_anh1080p.jpg

saw the idea on reddit, can't take credit but thought it was fitting

rubecube
09-08-2013, 11:56 PM
I didn't think it was boring, but it was pretty much exactly what I thought was going to happen since last week. So, most predictable episode maybe?

TurnedTheCorner
09-08-2013, 11:57 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120428090841/deadliestfiction/images/7/71/StormtrooperCorps_anh1080p.jpg

I have no idea what this is supposed to be in relation to Breaking Bad.

rubecube
09-08-2013, 11:58 PM

Stormtroopers all wearing white = white power like Todd's uncle.

trackercowe
09-09-2013, 12:01 AM
I dunno, who knows how much actual shooting experience those guys have. Unrealistic? Sure. Impossible? Not entirely.

I also don't think Walt leading them to the money was predictable at all. Maybe parts of the episode was, but I thought that was a great idea on behalf of Hank and Jesse; although they are making Walt look like a complete amateur for the last couple episodes I must say. You would think someone like Walt would ensure there was no GPS tracking in the vehicle.

getbak
09-09-2013, 12:07 AM
https://twitter.com/aaronpaul_8/status/376939009286496256

Aaron Paul ‏@aaronpaul_8
Heart will speed up. Breathing will slow down. You will want to look away but won't be strong enough. The worst is yet to come. #BreakingBad

Wormius
09-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Well, wonder if the pic of "pretend-dead" Jesse on Hank's phone will come into play again. After both Jesse and Hank die, it might be easy to blame Heisenberg on Hank.

TurnedTheCorner
09-09-2013, 12:16 AM
I dunno, who knows how much actual shooting experience those guys have. Unrealistic? Sure. Impossible? Not entirely.

I also don't think Walt leading them to the money was predictable at all. Maybe parts of the episode was, but I thought that was a great idea on behalf of Hank and Jesse; although they are making Walt look like a complete amateur for the last couple episodes I must say. You would think someone like Walt would ensure there was no GPS tracking in the vehicle.

Walt's always been a complete amateur, he's just gotten away with it and been very lucky.

TurnedTheCorner
09-09-2013, 12:17 AM

Stormtroopers all wearing white = white power like Todd's uncle.

I wouldn't want to take credit for that one, best left with reddit.

bluck
09-09-2013, 12:18 AM

Sarcasm on my part! Sorry Sheldon.

Flabbibulin
09-09-2013, 12:19 AM
My prediction on how the next episode goes-

There is a way for Hank to get out of this alive- After a stalemate, he exchanges Walt, and Jesse as well possibly, for his safety. Once Walt is in the hands of Todd's uncle, he refuses to go with them and cook unless they let Hank leave alive.

Plus, there is no way this series ends without Jesse and Walt cooking together again- or at least being in the same scene alone to sort their stuff out.

I don't see Hank exiting 3 episodes early. Not sure there is enough there to switch the focus over to Lydia and the Nazi gang.

Jacks
09-09-2013, 12:21 AM
You would think someone like Walt would ensure there was no GPS tracking in the vehicle.
If they were tracking him by GPS it would have been with the cell signal. That is probably why Jesse insisted that he stay on the phone the whole time.

trackercowe
09-09-2013, 12:25 AM
If they were tracking him by GPS it would have been with the cell signal. That is probably why Jesse insisted that he stay on the phone the whole time.
Oh no I meant when Walt originally went out there to bury the money in the first place.

flamesfan6
09-09-2013, 12:30 AM

seriously? you go this: Stormtroopers all wearing white = white power like Todd's uncle.

storm troopers have no aim

Wormius
09-09-2013, 12:31 AM

I don't think they had the necessary tools to do the triangulation with cell signals out there. It's not a case of just being on the phone with him and being able to track him down on the fly. I imagine they'd have strapped a gps tracker to Walt's car again, or followed him from a distance.

TurnedTheCorner
09-09-2013, 12:33 AM
That's slightly better than rube's explanation.

http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/goldeneye-klobb-its-klobberin-time-1313402092K.png

rubecube
09-09-2013, 12:33 AM
Rube's explanation might have been a tad facetious.

TurnedTheCorner
09-09-2013, 12:36 AM
I'm broken and don't understand a lot these days, it's all good.

getbak
09-09-2013, 12:41 AM
White guys who fire lots of shots that don't hit Han & Chewie = Stormtroopers

White guys who fire lots of shots that don't hit Hank & Gomie = Todd & the neo-Nazis

Jacks
09-09-2013, 12:44 AM
Oh no I meant when Walt originally went out there to bury the money in the first place.
My bad, makes sense. Actually, you would think that Walt would know that the van didn't have GPS. Even if he didn't check it Saul's guys should have.

I don't think they had the necessary tools to do the triangulation with cell signals out there. It's not a case of just being on the phone with him and being able to track him down on the fly. I imagine they'd have strapped a gps tracker to Walt's car again, or followed him from a distance.
Now that I think about it, it seems obvious that they were keeping him on the phone so he couldn't call anyone else.

Daradon
09-09-2013, 01:15 AM
I think Hank goes down in this shoot-out. In fact, I think that's why they cut it the way they did, so there's still the suspense of his situation for one more week. There's still lots to do with Hank gone. As a few have mentioned and I think I mentioned a season or two ago, Jesse and Walt is most likely the final confrontation. Which way it goes, and who's wants to do what to who is still open. But the the relationship of the dynamic duo is obviously the heart of the series.

The big reason I think this is because that call to Marie was a very 'last phone call' kinda moment. 'Good bye, I love you.'

Will also ever increase the myth of Heisenburg. Caught and cuffed and then gone again. Marie obviously would relay the information she heard when she finds out Hank is dead or missing. Now there's this guy out there that even the cops can't catch.

Having trouble cheering for Hank. He's going pretty far down the bad cop route. Course, Walt is pretty much threatening him, so I understand it. But yeah, he doesn't care for anyone or anything at this point other than tying up the case.

He's was pretty clever in this episode though.

Will be interesting to find out if Jesse or Hank recorded Walt's admission. I gotta imagine there's something to that.

djsFlames
09-09-2013, 01:39 AM
Hank will die, and it won't kill the remaining story at all. Pretty obvious with the call to Marie. It would kill the insane build up entirely if some stalemate and subsequently a deal was made. No way at this point.

My prediction:

After the gunfight Walt will be pissed as hell at the outcome, and I think Jesse will get away in the car as well (not sure if he has the keys, did walt leave them in the car?). As we know, family is a no zone for Walt, also they went against his orders. Jesse will try to flee (for good) as he knows he's a dead man. Walt will refuse to cook for them because of the events, but they'll insist. They've been good to Walt before now, but they're too money hungry at this point to put up with his refusal, so they'll in turn force him to cooperate in ways that will really hurt him. There was a mention of a "bad" moment involving a child upcoming (Holly) so this coercion by the meth group I think will involve Walt's family. He'll get away, though, obviously (fate of the family unknown at this point), but with Marie finding out about Hank she'll spill everything and tell the police about Walt being with him, which will implicate him. Walt knows this so he knows he has to get out. He'll call up Saul's guy and bolt. After, I think the group will hunt down and find Jesse after Todd suggests that he cooked with Walt long before and he can help them. They'll then keep him as their lab slave. Walt, with all the casualties he'll likely have faced by then, will plot his revenge in his time under his new identity and make his return. Takes ricin knowing he can't get out of this mess even if he survives. Ties up the gap just about perfectly. But who knows, I'm just trying to connect the dots here.

WilderPegasus
09-09-2013, 07:22 AM
Walt's always been a complete amateur, he's just gotten away with it and been very lucky.

"Mr. White – he's the devil. He is smarter than you, he is luckier than you. Whatever you think is supposed to happen, I'm telling you, the exact, reverse opposite of that is going to happen."

Erick Estrada
09-09-2013, 07:34 AM

Those same guys just walked in gunned down a complete armed drug operation the week before without even a casualty and they can't hit two guys standing in the open with automatic weapons when they already had a minute to put them in their crosshairs during the standoff? Not only that but they shot first without warning. Come on man. That was 80's Rambo stuff there.

Bertuzzied
09-09-2013, 08:06 AM
Hank died as soon as he phoned Marie.

Tinordi
09-09-2013, 08:12 AM
Yeah the gun fight scene ruined the suspense after it turned into a John Woo movie.

rayne008
09-09-2013, 08:41 AM
If Call of Duty taught me anything is that the AA-12 automatic shotgun would have been out of ammo in 4 seconds, so it annoyed me they showed it firing for a very long time. At least they got the accuracy right!

InSutterWeTrust
09-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Great ending although when they opened up the automatic fire there's no way Hank and Gomez survive standing in the open there. Not a lot of realism in that gunfight.

This angle does not make it seem as open as I thought. http://i.imgur.com/isL9d2o.jpg

MrMastodonFarm
09-09-2013, 09:51 AM
First time Jesse called Walter White, Walt, instead of Mr. White.

Wormius
09-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Hank's phone call to Marie was eerily similar to Walt's call to Skyler after he blew up Gus and Hector in the nursing home. Just the tone of his voice and sense of relief.

I wonder now if Marie is responsible for the vandalism to the White house after learning of Hank's (possible) demise.

Coys1882
09-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Pretty sure Gomie puts the keys to Walt's car into his own pocket so I don't think Jesse is escaping in that.

malcolmk14
09-09-2013, 12:37 PM
First time Jesse called Walter White, Walt, instead of Mr. White.

Not the first time, but there hasn't been very many. And it is significant when he does call him Walt or Walter.

King Hippo
09-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Probably not the most popular opinion here but I hope that ingrate Jesse gets what's coming to him. Walt had a point that if it wasn't for him, Jesse would've been dead by now.

Hank should get his too. He can't let things go and he should go down with his obsession over Eisenberg.

Gomi, well, sucks to be him. Maybe in his next life, he'll pick better friends.

I hope they all die, right after Todd bones Lydia

Ark2
09-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Probably not the most popular opinion here but I hope that ingrate Jesse gets what's coming to him. Walt had a point that if it wasn't for him, Jesse would've been dead by now.

Hank should get his too. He can't let things go and he should go down with his obsession over Eisenberg.

I'm hoping Jesse gets it too. Same with Hank. Loved both characters, but as soon as they squared off against Walt, I wanted them to get killed off. Had Jesse never known Walt, he would have been murdered by Crazy 8 in the pilot.

fredr123
09-09-2013, 01:06 PM
Hitting human targets hiding behind big metal things down range is probably really difficult in real life. Add to that all the movement and adrenaline and it's probably even worse.

I shot handguns at rotten fruit one time in a gravel pit and I was shocked to learn I couldn't run laterally and empty the entire clip into a watermelon.

nik-
09-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Hitting human targets hiding behind big metal things down range is probably really difficult in real life. Add to that all the movement and adrenaline and it's probably even worse.

I shot handguns at rotten fruit one time in a gravel pit and I was shocked to learn I couldn't run laterally and empty the entire clip into a watermelon.

I dunno, I appreciate that hitting a target isn't as easy as people think. However, completely missing from 20 yards with an assault rifle at a target in the open with time to aim seems really cartoony.

Inglewood Jack
09-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Probably not the most popular opinion here

stop posting unpopular opinions using my likeness, imposter. regurgitating popular opinions is the only way I can achieve self-validation here.

Mike F
09-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Have to admit that if the final episodes come down to Walt vs Todd's uncle I'll be disappointed.

I think the finale should be the resolution of the two main storylines that (IMO) have flowed throughout the whole series: Heisenberg vs Hank, and Walt's moral fall vs. Jessie's moral rise.

Throwing in a new big bad for Walt to fight at the end smacks of Lost's decision to make its finale revolve around Jacob vs the Man in Black, a storyline introduced fairly late, rather than the mythology that was the focus of the show from the beginning.

kipperfan
09-09-2013, 01:44 PM

That all makes sense, but for the fact (as someone mentioned above) these same guys (likely using the exact same guns) just gunned down what had to be at least 7 or 8 guys in a similar situation a couple of days before. Not only that, they were able to kill off the entire drug crew in about 10 seconds and didn't sustain a single injury or fatality to their group while doing so. And if I remember correctly, when Lydia was lead past the dead bodies most of them appeared to have sustained multiple gunshot wounds.

To think that a group of guys (who are obviously very experienced with firearms to begin with) could be almost perfect in one situation, probably hitting with 20-30 bullets total and then a few days later, in a similar situation, against two guys who weren't even behind cover for the first couple of seconds of the altercation, not even hit a single shot..? I don't know, that doesn't add up to me.

Shootout aside though, I thought it was a pretty decent episode, hopefully Hank dies early next episode as I really can't see any other good way to move the show onwards from that scene.

kipperfan
09-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Also, I'm not in law enforcement, but to me it seemed very odd that neither Hank nor Gomez showed their badges when asked..? Isn't that something you kind of have to do as a cop in that type of situation? It's not like they had uniforms on, or were driving a marked car; if I were Todd's uncle I wouldn't have had any reason to think they were police. Did Hank and Gomie just expect a group of armed thugs to take their word that they were indeed cops?

Ark2
09-09-2013, 01:51 PM
What bothered me most about the final scene is that Walt should have been riddled with bullets. Todd's gang is pumping round after round into Hank's SUV and Walt will walk away unscathed simply by ducking.

corporatejay
09-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Also, I'm not in law enforcement, but to me it seemed very odd that neither Hank nor Gomez showed their badges when asked..? Isn't that something you kind of have to do as a cop in that type of situation? It's not like they had uniforms on, or were driving a marked car; if I were Todd's uncle I wouldn't have had any reason to think they were police. Did Hank and Gomie just expect a group of armed thugs to take their word that they were indeed cops?

I took that as a ploy to get them to drop their guns momentarily.

kipperfan
09-09-2013, 02:02 PM

Well didn't one of the two (Hank or Gomie) have a handgun? I can't recall right now but I thought one had a handgun and the other a shotgun and if so, the guy with the handgun simply had to put his free hand in his pocket and flash his badge all while keeping his gun pointed with his other hand.

Jacks
09-09-2013, 02:28 PM

You're not the only one, I'm hoping Jesse bites it here. I don't mind Hank so much but can't see how is can possibly survive this.

getbak
09-09-2013, 02:43 PM
LsfmgZ2eG4E

TurnedTheCorner
09-09-2013, 02:48 PM
The @breakingbadofficial complete series Blu-ray is a thing of beauty. Out 11/26, just in time for the holidays. #ahem #breakingbad

http://distilleryimage10.ak.instagram.com/71de0dd0197911e39d8d22000a9f1921_7.jpg

http://31.media.tumblr.com/55c0eb2822b2ede2f20b2a127af27f60/tumblr_mn02d2vD9l1ryu3g1o1_500.gif

polak
09-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Jessie is going to somehow stop the shootout. I guarantee it. He was getting out of the car.

I also agree it would be really lame if this is how the Walt v. Hank build up ends. It would be a huge disappointment to have the Todd's guys who were just introduced this season be the main "villains" which the finale revolves around.

Radio
09-09-2013, 03:20 PM
If anything, to make it more believable the bad guy that started shooting should've killed Gomie and then Hank leaps out of the way behind the SUV. That would've been believable, Gomie should've been cannon fodder in that scene. Then Hank should've killed at least one red shirted bad guy.

djsFlames
09-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Let's stop making up disappointing end fantasies and just reflect. Has Breaking Bad ever NOT delivered?

Show some respect for Vince and just sit back, b####.

Wormius
09-09-2013, 03:45 PM
I dunno. I don't think the shootout is that implausible. Hank and Gomez are highly trained, Todd's uncles' crew is, possibly less well trained and at quite a distance away. I am not sure how far the bullets would penetrate through a vehicle at the distance they're at. Through the windows, sure, but the doors? It is Hank's vehicle, not sure if that is stock or has any fancy DEA upgrades. He was probably pretty paranoid after experiencing a bombing down in El Paso, and then getting shot by the brothers. Of course that's just conjecture.

Also, Todd's uncles crew wiping out Declan's crew, who weren't prepared for that at all, wouldn't be much than shooting fish in a barrel..

King Hippo
09-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Let's stop making up disappointing end fantasies and just reflect. Has Breaking Bad ever NOT delivered?

Show some respect for Vince and just sit back, b####.

...right...
like this?

Hank will die, and it won't kill the remaining story at all. Pretty obvious with the call to Marie. It would kill the insane build up entirely if some stalemate and subsequently a deal was made. No way at this point.

My prediction:

After the gunfight Walt will be pissed as hell at the outcome, and I think Jesse will get away in the car as well (not sure if he has the keys, did walt leave them in the car?). As we know, family is a no zone for Walt, also they went against his orders. Jesse will try to flee (for good) as he knows he's a dead man. Walt will refuse to cook for them because of the events, but they'll insist. They've been good to Walt before now, but they're too money hungry at this point to put up with his refusal, so they'll in turn force him to cooperate in ways that will really hurt him. There was a mention of a "bad" moment involving a child upcoming (Holly) so this coercion by the meth group I think will involve Walt's family. He'll get away, though, obviously (fate of the family unknown at this point), but with Marie finding out about Hank she'll spill everything and tell the police about Walt being with him, which will implicate him. Walt knows this so he knows he has to get out. He'll call up Saul's guy and bolt. After, I think the group will hunt down and find Jesse after Todd suggests that he cooked with Walt long before and he can help them. They'll then keep him as their lab slave. Walt, with all the casualties he'll likely have faced by then, will plot his revenge in his time under his new identity and make his return. Takes ricin knowing he can't get out of this mess even if he survives. Ties up the gap just about perfectly. But who knows, I'm just trying to connect the dots here.

jroc
09-09-2013, 04:45 PM
I wasn't too bothered by the shootout like others... but did anybody else think that Huel (sp?) would at least be smart enough to listen to Hank's "recorded phone message" when he offered?

MrMastodonFarm
09-09-2013, 05:02 PM
I wasn't too bothered by the shootout like others... but did anybody else think that Huel (sp?) would at least be smart enough to listen to Hank's "recorded phone message" when he offered?

I had just assumed the Biker gang was an off-shoot of a Woodbury Georgia biker gang.

djsFlames
09-09-2013, 05:15 PM
...right...
like this?

Uhh.. except I wasn't trying to come up with a sour ending, if that's remotely close to what happens, I think it'll be solid.

I distinctly said that if Hanks dies, I think it "won't" kill the remaining story. And then went on to make an objective guess at what will happen between now and the flash forward time frame. Now that I've done that, I'm content to sit back and let Vince blindside us and put my prediction to shame. Because looking at past episodes, I've rarely come close.

VANFLAMESFAN
09-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Lost in the awesomeness of the final ten minutes was Walter Jr being star struck by Saul.

That was awesome!

Eastern Girl
09-09-2013, 05:45 PM
I thought I was firmly in Jesse' camp, but I really didn't like them getting one over on Walt. To my surprise, I found myself still rooting for him.

As for the ending, it was expected. All signs pointed in that direction, with the phone call and the lack of back up. I can't believe Hank was going to leave Jesse and Gomie there by themselves. I can't believe they followed up getting one over on Walt, by completely disregarding who he is, what he's done and what he is capable of doing.

nik-
09-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Lost in the awesomeness of the final ten minutes was Walter Jr being star struck by Saul.

That was awesome!

I really hope there are no more Walt Jr scenes, although I know there has to be at least one more when he finds out his dad is a drug kingpin.

That whole character just doesn't work for me.

Wormius
09-09-2013, 09:07 PM
I really hope there are no more Walt Jr scenes, although I know there has to be at least one more when he finds out his dad is a drug kingpin.

Part of me was expecting him to be collateral damage to Walt's work.. like getting killed in a car accident by some guy high on Walt's product, or turning into a meth head himself.

He hasn't had a very pivotal role, short of keeping the White family somewhat grounded in the reality of everyday normal non-criminal life.

PIMking
09-09-2013, 09:47 PM

what pistol did you use that had a clip?

but I remember hearing people talk about shooting someone that was breaking into their house in the leg, that is until they had to shoot the weapon and couldn't hit center mass 5 yards away.

PIMking
09-09-2013, 09:49 PM

well show the badges when they were doing something that wasn't really "legal" I wondered if they weren't going to "depose" of Walt before the wehrmacht decided to show up

TurnedTheCorner
09-10-2013, 01:06 AM

That was awesome!

http://i.imgur.com/JIo3WwK.gif

Daradon
09-10-2013, 03:54 AM
Heheh, I know he plays a goody two shoes, insulated type character, but I totally didn't buy a 16 year old freaking out over a bus bench lawyer.

Course some people do get kinda weird on local celebrities.

TurnedTheCorner
09-10-2013, 04:00 AM
I chalk that up to the charm of being in Albuquerque. Not really a celebrity hotbed. ;)

Daradon
09-10-2013, 04:01 AM

Also, Hank has pretty much been going on his own, and breaking a lot of rules doing so. It's very possible he might not have even had his badge on him as he wasn't on 'official' police business.

But yeah, it could be any number of a few things, including the ploy idea. Did think about that too.

The one thing that DID bug me was how Hank got there so quick after Walt did. They obviously weren't tailing him. They didn't have a trace on him (though they lied about it). They had to be waiting for him somewhere. The only thing that MIGHT make sense is that Jesse knew the general area he might be headed (as it was their first cook point) and the saw him pass on route out of the city.

In the same vein, not sure how the skinheads got there so quick too, even with the co-ordinates they woulda had to come from the city.

I mean Albuquerque isn't big, but it's around half a mill. And I'm sure, spread out pretty well considering the area around it.

Still, only a minor complaint. Kick ass episode.

Daradon
09-10-2013, 04:20 AM
^^^ On second thought, it's possible Hank could have used his resources to put a trace on Walt's phone. But they didn't talk about him doing it (only when leaning on Huell, and they were lying to him about everything anyway, so I didn't believe that either), and we know Hank has been going at it alone, so even if he could, he probably wouldn't risk it cause he'd be afraid of getting found out.

VANFLAMESFAN
09-10-2013, 05:41 AM
I assumed they got there that fast because they did have a trace on Walt's cell. I also assume they were recording the phone call so when Walt was talking about killing guys to Jesse, I was thinking, "alright, there's the admission Hank needs."

HalifaxDrunk
09-10-2013, 06:51 AM
what pistol did you use that had a clip?

Not sure if serious or are you thinking about a revolver? There are many pistols that use clips.

The word "pistol" is often synonymous with the word "handgun". Sometimes in American usage, the term "pistol" refers to a handgun having one chamber integral with the barrel, making pistols distinct from the other main type of handgun, the revolver, which has a revolving cylinder containing multiple chambers.

TurnedTheCorner
09-10-2013, 07:20 AM

I hope, somehow, the show will end with Junior having no idea what Walt and Skyler were. He'll be some bratty trust fund kid lamenting how empty he is even with his car wash millions.

Max Cow Disease
09-10-2013, 07:30 AM
It seemed obvious to me that Hank must have been tracing Walt's phone in some way or another, given Walt's instinctual "holy hell, rip out the battery" shtick when he gets out of his car (not to mention the whole "stay on the phone, otherwise I'll burn your money" spiel).

red sky
09-10-2013, 07:31 AM
It seemed obvious to me that Hank must have been tracing Walt's phone in some way or another, given Walt's instinctual "holy hell, rip out the battery" shtick when he gets out of his car (not to mention the whole "stay on the phone, otherwise I'll burn your money" spiel).

Yeah, seemed pretty straight forward IMO.

jroc
09-10-2013, 08:34 AM

That was awesome!

Another lost gem in the last 10 minutes: When Walt got out of the car, realizing he'd been duped, he let's out a classic "Bitch!"

Bertuzzied
09-10-2013, 08:47 AM
I finally figured out the ending!

Walt loses all his money to the DEA but wins the lottery with that ticket with the co-ordinates on it.

getbak
09-10-2013, 08:51 AM
I finally figured out the ending!

Walt loses all his money to the DEA but wins the lottery with that ticket with the co-ordinates on it.
Woo hoo, $500!

The ticket was for a Pick-3 lottery. There's a 1 in a 1000 chance of winning, and in New Mexico, the top prize is $500.

Bertuzzied
09-10-2013, 09:35 AM
Woo hoo, $500!

The ticket was for a Pick-3 lottery. There's a 1 in a 1000 chance of winning, and in New Mexico, the top prize is $500.
Everyone goes home happy!

CrunchBite
09-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Not sure if serious or are you thinking about a revolver? There are many pistols that use clips.

The word "pistol" is often synonymous with the word "handgun". Sometimes in American usage, the term "pistol" refers to a handgun having one chamber integral with the barrel, making pistols distinct from the other main type of handgun, the revolver, which has a revolving cylinder containing multiple chambers.

He's being a gun nerd and making fun of the fact it's called a magazine. Not a clip, and no they aren't the same thing.

Daradon
09-10-2013, 07:46 PM

Well I know that's what they're trying to make him believe, but Hank's been lying to everyone about what he knows and what he's done so far in this investigation, as he's not supposed to be on it, and no one in the DEA knows he's on it. It's basically an illegal investigation. I just woulda thought they woulda told the audience about it somehow if they were really doing it.

Gomez: We can't put a trace on Walt's phone Hank, that requires a warrant. And that'll tip you off to the DEA:

Hank: Relax Gomey, we won't file the warrant. I can still get my buddy in surveillance to set it up for two six packs of Shratterbrau

Huntingwhale
09-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Yes, the episode was kind of predictable. But I can't believe some people are actually thinking they are going to be let down by the finale. I've never trusted a show as much as Br Ba to entertain me, humor me, and stress me out as much as this show does. My only regret is that I'm leaving for vacation on friday and am going to miss out on the remainder of the show. Thankfully I booked an extra day off work so when I get back I can watch the last 3 episodes all in a row.

I totally also hope Todd bangs Lydia. He's earned it. Thought for sure he was gonna make a move...

http://i.imgur.com/6eQv2Yf.gif

http://i.imgur.com/XlJzzLx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/L8S7IVv.jpg

Also, I just pre-ordered this!! I predict this will be the hottest gift this holiday season!

http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/7664-BREAKING-BAD-THE-COMPLETE-SERIES-COMES-TO-BLU-RAY-NOVEMBER-26.html

http://www.amazon.ca/Breaking-Bad-Complete-Bryan-Cranston/dp/B00EEDNA4M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378865421&sr=8-1&keywords=breaking+bad+complete

Red Slinger
09-10-2013, 09:15 PM
I don't understand why Hank proclaimed that "he got him" after cuffing Walt. He didn't have a warrant for anything he had done. Even if they recorded the phone call, recovered the money, etc. it would have all been thrown out in court. So was Hank actually going to arrest Walt? I can't imagine he'd kill him, especially with Gomi involved. Hank is smarter than that.

trackercowe
09-10-2013, 09:24 PM
^ Hank killing Walt? The hell you say; dunno why you'd even think of that.

polak
09-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Maybe it's assumed Hank let everyone know the deal when he got Gomi involved and has since been following up with warrants and such...?

DownInFlames
09-10-2013, 09:43 PM
I don't understand why Hank proclaimed that "he got him" after cuffing Walt. He didn't have a warrant for anything he had done. Even if they recorded the phone call, recovered the money, etc. it would have all been thrown out in court. So was Hank actually going to arrest Walt? I can't imagine he'd kill him, especially with Gomi involved. Hank is smarter than that.

New Mexico is a one party consent state, so they only need permission of one person in a phone call to record it, and since Jesse consented they don't need a warrant.

Edit: And federally you only need one party consent if the conversation is for criminal purposes.

Red Slinger
09-10-2013, 09:44 PM
I'm just saying that Hank knew that he couldn't arrest Walt since he had no legally gathered evidence. Walt would have walked out jail as soon as Saul showed up. Hank must have been well aware of this so what was his plan, what exactly was he planning to do with Walt? I can't imagine he'd be okay with Walt just walking away at this stage. I'm not suggesting he was going to kill him, I just have no idea what his plan was.

edit- DownInFlames clarified. Out of thanks so thanks.

Oling_Roachinen
09-10-2013, 09:54 PM

I think Hank's obsession with Heinsenberg and the realization that it was Walt has affected his thinking but I don't know if all evidence is inadmissible. New Mexico is a one party consent state and since Jesse knew the phone call was being recorded is that enough? And if it is and the phone call is admissible, Walt confessed to murders so there's that. Sure it's not a black and white case, far from it, and could even cost Hank his job for going off the book but I think it was a moral victory. Even if nothing stuck, Heisenberg was unmasked. Might not spend a day in prison but he has to answer to Walter Jr.

The couple dozen million dollars worth of barrels they would have recovered would have been icing on the cake as there's no way Walt would have seen that money again.

Radio
09-11-2013, 11:34 AM
I am sure Hank knows the law. He had Jesse where a wire to the plaza but Jesse got spooked and came up with a better plan to get Walt to confess, come alone, and get his money.

Seemed to work like a charm as far as I could tell...until the neo-Nazis couldn't follow instructions.

Wormius
09-11-2013, 01:44 PM
I am sure Hank knows the law. He had Jesse where a wire to the plaza but Jesse got spooked and came up with a better plan to get Walt to confess, come alone, and get his money.

Seemed to work like a charm as far as I could tell...until the neo-Nazis couldn't follow instructions.

That's the thing, I am not so sure that Walt didn't call them back, at least to maybe get him out of there, not start a gunfight.

Why else would they come out after Walt told them not to bother? It's not like they couldn't grab Walt whenever they wanted and assassinate Jesse another time.

Ark2
09-11-2013, 01:53 PM
That's the thing, I am not so sure that Walt didn't call them back, at least to maybe get him out of there, not start a gunfight.

Why else would they come out after Walt told them not to bother? It's not like they couldn't grab Walt whenever they wanted and assassinate Jesse another time.

Because Walt is their meal ticket and they figured he was in trouble. I would have been surprised if they didn't come given Walt's phone call. For all they knew, Jesse was pointing a gun at Walt and telling him to call it off.

I thought it would have been cooler though if Walt never called it off and instead, stalled Hank and Gomez long enough for Todd's gang to get there. Would have been much more fitting of Heisenberg to do something like that. Would have loved to see Hank, thinking that he outsmarted Walt, only to realize that Walt trapped him in the end. Oh well. I think the writers have been attempting to recapture Walt's humanity this season, which kind of goes against this whole evolution into Scareface. Interesting non-the-less.

VANFLAMESFAN
09-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Just got a press release that Sony and AMC reached a licensing agreement for the Saul Goodman prequel spin off series.

sun
09-11-2013, 02:56 PM
Ugh. Why can't They leave well enough alone? Do we really need sequels, prequels, spinoffs of everything?

normtwofinger
09-11-2013, 03:07 PM

Walt seemed pretty shocked when the neo nazis showed up. So I doubt he called them back. They probably came anyways to protect him so he can cook for them.

Wormius
09-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Walt seemed pretty shocked when the neo nazis showed up. So I doubt he called them back. They probably came anyways to protect him so he can cook for them.

Yeah, but he didn't say that on the phone.. Kind of came across as "ah, nevermind..."

I just thought it was a ploy to help him escape that escalated out of Walt's control. I couldn't see Walt just surrendering like that once he realized he was cornered.

nik-
09-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Ugh. Why can't They leave well enough alone? Do we really need sequels, prequels, spinoffs of everything?

I'd rather they do this than what most shows do and go on perpetually until the main show is a disaster.

MrMastodonFarm
09-11-2013, 07:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/B8d7dX3.jpg

Acey
09-11-2013, 07:30 PM
It's frighteningly effective if you read it in Michael C. Hall's voice.

Daradon
09-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Yeah, the Nazi's definitely came back to protect their 'investment' and get Walt to teach Todd. They made the decision to do it after Walt told them not to.

They will probably use the play to force Walt to do more than he wants to.

'We saved you white bro!'
'But I didn't want that! I didn't want you to kill Hank!'
'Well, that's were we are, start cooking biatch!'

It may also be possible they figured out the money is around there. There are a few hints, don't have to know what Hank or Jesse does to make a good guess. They're jerks, but they're not dumb. Also Jesse is there. Who knows who he'll tell what.

ranchlandsselling
09-11-2013, 11:50 PM
Well... I enjoyed the episode, thought it was great, Walt got his ass handed to him but there were some rolling eyes events regarding the shoot out. One in particular was:

Please raise your hand if you got blown away with one shot by a handgun held by Todd from a distance

http://cinenthusiast.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/breaking-bad-dead-freight-kid-motorbike-shot1.jpg

Methanolic
09-12-2013, 06:41 AM
Just got a press release that Sony and AMC reached a licensing agreement for the Saul Goodman prequel spin off series.

I will certainly give the show a try, "Better Call Saul"

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56167716/?ref_=hm_nw_tp_t1

speede5
09-12-2013, 07:24 AM
The most depressing part of the article,

"The series finale of “Breaking Bad (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903747/)” will air Sept. 29 on AMC. "

Hard to believe it will all be done in 18 days.

nfotiu
09-12-2013, 07:41 AM

Interesting that it is a prequel. Guess Saul may get killed after all.

Yamer
09-12-2013, 08:33 AM
Well... I enjoyed the episode, thought it was great, Walt got his ass handed to him but there were some rolling eyes events regarding the shoot out. One in particular was:

Please raise your hand if you got blown away with one shot by a handgun held by Todd from a distance

http://cinenthusiast.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/breaking-bad-dead-freight-kid-motorbike-shot1.jpg

The unassuming, unaware, unprepared, shocked kid with no cover that wasn't moving and shooting back?

It's strange, during that scene all I could think was how incredibly realistic the firefight was turning out. Bunch of guys with semi/fully automatic weapons firing like madmen at 2 trained cops with nothing more than a handgun and a short range shotgun, all with some form of cover, and nobody gets hit. By all accounts, that's exactly how situations like that play out in the real world (even with highly trained military personnel).

As for the 'white power' group being able to take out the meth folks in the desert, they didn't really show how it all went down. It sounds like they were able to get up close and personal and take them over by surprise (I'm pretty sure that each group knew or was aware of each other as there had been mention of bringing Todd in before the #### hit the fan).

ranchlandsselling
09-12-2013, 08:42 AM
The unassuming, unaware, unprepared, shocked kid with no cover that wasn't moving and shooting back?

Not talking about the kid. That's basically irrelevant. I'm talking about the guy who was able to whip out a handgun before anyone could react and in one quick trigger pull basically "head shot" the kid while wearing gloves.

That said, like I originally clarified. I enjoyed the episode, thought it was great. I don't really care how the gun fight played out. It's TV and it's a gun fight. It's not going to be realistic anyway. Just rolled my eyes a little when I thought back to Todd's prior pistol accuracy when it came to at distance child execution.

QEViTUx0smI

fredr123
09-12-2013, 09:00 AM
I read a theory on the Breaking Bad subreddit that the Nazis might not be trying to kill everyone in the gun battle. Maybe they're just trying to assert some dominance and force Hank and Gomie to surrender. Who knows.

Personally, I think the gun fight seems inept because of editing. This season, the crew has played around a lot with time. We've jumped back in time probably at least once an episode. It wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing seemed really long and drawn out with no fatal shots because we keep seeing scenes that are happening all at the same time. We see Todd and his uncle blasting away. We see Gomie with his bad ass shotgun and Hank ripping off shots with is pistol (or revolver, or hand gun, or tiny big gun, whatever you gun geeks want to call it). We see Walt rolling around in the car seat with glass shattering all around him losing his glasses. We see Jesse struggling to get out of the car and escape to safer spaces. All of this is happening simultaneously but there's no way for the viewer to see it all without editing the scenes together as it is. The whole thing ends up feeling more drawn out than it actually is and we'll see that next week.

Regulator75
09-12-2013, 09:16 AM
This belongs here too.

duKL2dAJN6I

Flash Walken
09-12-2013, 10:06 AM
I read a theory on the Breaking Bad subreddit that the Nazis might not be trying to kill everyone in the gun battle. Maybe they're just trying to assert some dominance and force Hank and Gomie to surrender. Who knows.

Personally, I think the gun fight seems inept because of editing. This season, the crew has played around a lot with time. We've jumped back in time probably at least once an episode. It wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing seemed really long and drawn out with no fatal shots because we keep seeing scenes that are happening all at the same time. We see Todd and his uncle blasting away. We see Gomie with his bad ass shotgun and Hank ripping off shots with is pistol (or revolver, or hand gun, or tiny big gun, whatever you gun geeks want to call it). We see Walt rolling around in the car seat with glass shattering all around him losing his glasses. We see Jesse struggling to get out of the car and escape to safer spaces. All of this is happening simultaneously but there's no way for the viewer to see it all without editing the scenes together as it is. The whole thing ends up feeling more drawn out than it actually is and we'll see that next week.
Right

Instead of leaving you with the visual of seeing Gomie or Hank shot and then end scene cliffhanger for the week, we might see Hank or Gomie go down in the first 5-10 seconds of the next episode, shocking us all into the edge of our seats.

Hessen
09-12-2013, 11:45 AM
Hank and Gomez would run out of ammo very fast. The Neo-Nazis came ready. I see Hank trying to surrender and Todd's uncle executing him in front of Walt as a message. It would also open an avenue for Marie to become very unstable and go on the offence.

DownhillGoat
09-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Interesting that it is a prequel. Guess Saul may get killed after all.
Possibly. I would assume they felt that they'd have much more story to work with in a prequel. Really, where do you take a story of Saul post-Heisenberg?

jroc
09-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Really, where do you take a story of Saul post-Heisenberg?

Belize

polak
09-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Yeah everything seems to be pointing at Walt going to battle with the Nazi's and not Hank.

I find that very disappointing. 5 seasons of build up between Hank and Walt and it's just squashed out by some lame group that showed up for a couple episodes in season 5? Accidentally might I add...

Coys1882
09-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Yeah everything seems to be pointing at Walt going to battle with the Nazi's and not Hank. Walt has no muscle - the guys who want him to cook WERE his muscle - now they'll just threaten him into submission.

polak
09-12-2013, 02:25 PM
Walt has no muscle - the guys who want him to cook WERE his muscle - now they'll just threaten him into submission.

Yeah but we know Walt goes on the run and comes back heavily armed. Everything after the last episode points to that revolving around the nazi's. Which sucks.

VANFLAMESFAN
09-13-2013, 12:09 AM
Yeah but we know Walt goes on the run and comes back heavily armed. Everything after the last episode points to that revolving around the nazi's. Which sucks.

That may not be the case and if it were, why not wait to see how it plays out before judging. Seems like you're already resigned to the fact that if they go that route that its going to suck no matter what. Now, it's not an ideal way for it to end for me either for the same reason you outlined a few posts prior, but I do think going in with an open mind is the only way to go.

I've got faith in Gilligan.

Daradon
09-13-2013, 09:45 AM
Possibly. I would assume they felt that they'd have much more story to work with in a prequel. Really, where do you take a story of Saul post-Heisenberg?

Actually I'm kinda excited about the idea of a prequel vs. a continuation. I think there would be a lot more to explore.

Post-Heisenberg as you said, even if Saul isn't dead, there's a good chance he just goes into hiding, pulls up roots, maybe ends up on a sandy beach somewhere (besides Belise ;) ). I could see him just being 'done' with it all. He's made out like a bandit with Walt and Jesse, he doesn't really need his crappy little practice anymore. Unless he's working with another big outfit, and Gus is dead too remember, what's the point of him hanging around? How's a couple hundred thousand max gonna feel after making a few million a year for the last little while?

As well, we can find out how he met all his contacts. Mike, Huell, Burr's character. We already know Mike is dead, and the other two could be soon as well.

I actually think it's a smart idea to go backwards on this one, and I've been against the proliferation of prequels in recent years.

Daradon
09-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Yeah everything seems to be pointing at Walt going to battle with the Nazi's and not Hank.

I find that very disappointing. 5 seasons of build up between Hank and Walt and it's just squashed out by some lame group that showed up for a couple episodes in season 5? Accidentally might I add...

I dunno about that. Could be the DEA, even without Hank. The local police or jail.

The Neo's will obviously be part of it, but I don't know if they will be the main plot hook.

Don't forget, Jesse has to figure in somehow, and I imagine that will be the biggest hook. Walt and Jesse are the two biggest characters in the show, and the writers know that. That will be the big confrontation. Whether it's the two of them trying to kill each other, or maybe there is a mea culpa somewhere and the two are trying to help each other, who knows. But something big has got to happen there.

darklord700
09-13-2013, 09:52 AM
I'm only at S4E6 and please tell me this show is going to get better. S1 and S2 were flawless in telling a middle age man fish out of water story in the meth underworld. The first 5 episodes of S3 were lakcing a bit but at least the show picked up speed in the 2nd half of S3. Now I am finding it hard to watch S4 up to episode 6.

The show started to feel drawn out and the confrontation between Skyler/Walter and Walter/Jesse were not trite. And how long can we suspend our disbelife that Walter existed under Hank's nose without being spotted?

Daradon
09-13-2013, 10:03 AM
Hmmm, most people enjoyed season four the most. I'm with you, I liked the first two seasons the best. But I ate up all the seasons so, there wasn't any let down for me.

I'm trying to think precisely where you are. The last three episodes of season four are very intense, but if you're looking for that same drama coming from the sickness and the family, obviously you won't get it.

Don't give up though. Even if you don't like the whole feel or direction of season four, there are some emmy caliber scenes coming up, that I'm am positive you will really enjoy. I'm thinking of a particular scene in the second last episode of season four particularly, and that's all I'll say.

darklord700
09-13-2013, 10:10 AM
I'm trying to think precisely where you are. The last three episodes of season four are very intense, but if you're looking for that same drama coming from the sickness and the family, obviously you won't get it.

I'm at where the Whites just bought the car wash, the chicken truck got hit the second time, Mike took Jesse to do money drops, Hank got involved with Gale's murder, Walter tried to kill Gus. That's all the major development I can think of in S4 so far. With very few characters in the show, it will be treading old ground if no new characters are introduced.

For sure I will hang on til the end with only 20 more episodes to go.

Daradon
09-13-2013, 10:27 AM
Yeah, it did get a little slow there thinking about it. It's kinda needed though, or is at least used later.

Nothing in this series ever really goes to waste. Even if the writers did put it in without thinking about where they might go afterwards, (as they have admitted in some cases) the plot twists get used very well later.

normtwofinger
09-13-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm at where the Whites just bought the car wash, the chicken truck got hit the second time, Mike took Jesse to do money drops, Hank got involved with Gale's murder, Walter tried to kill Gus. That's all the major development I can think of in S4 so far. With very few characters in the show, it will be treading old ground if no new characters are introduced.

For sure I will hang on til the end with only 20 more episodes to go.

It gets intense coming up. Don't give up on it.

VANFLAMESFAN
09-13-2013, 01:15 PM
It gets intense coming up. Don't give up on it.

Nm

darklord700
09-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Plenty of intense moments from the first 3 seasons of course. Just saying S4 until E6 there is kind of slow without much character development nor plot advancement.

My favorite intense moment was when Walter and Jesse were locked in the RV with Hank on the outside in the junkyard, and Walter killing Crazy Eight just moments after he was about to let Crazy Eight go free.

darklord700
09-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Deleted.

Daradon
09-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Plenty of intense moments from the first 3 seasons of course. Just saying S4 until E6 there is kind of slow without much character development nor plot advancement.

My favorite intense moment was when Walter and Jesse were locked in the RV with Hank on the outside in the junkyard, and Walter killing Crazy Eight just moments after he was about to let Crazy Eight go free.

Trapped in the RV was probably number one for me too. So intense. had no idea which way it was going. Number two you have yet to see. ;)

Three might actually be Skyler confronting Walt at the end of season two. It was finally good to see someone had caught on. And the way she had checked all the loose ends and gave him no possible way to lie was good TV.

Two of my favorite episodes were the peek-a-boo episode and the five days cooking episode. Some real dramatic scenes in those ones. Any scene alone maybe not as good as the ones mentioned, but together as an episode, very strong.

Igottago
09-13-2013, 03:46 PM

I wouldn't necessarily see that as a disappointment.. Breaking Bad has never been about typical story arcs, I think a Hank vs Walt showdown was something that most would see as a typical plot point -- meaning it's probably unlikely to happen in the usual fashion. If anything the Neo Nazi group is probably more in tune with the nature of the show...an unpredicted element has come into the equation to disrupt the balance of things. Besides, the characters are way too complex for a typical good (hank) vs bad (walt) showdown. This isn't an old western. These guys were family after all, and you could see Walt still had a shred of care for Hank as he tried to stop the nazi's from firing on him.

We'll see how it play out but I am kind of glad its not just a predictable ending that people could see coming from a few seasons ago. All parties are still in play. I don't think anyone has the show figured out yet, and the probably won't until the final credits.

polak
09-13-2013, 04:04 PM
Yeah I'd be fine with it not turning into a generic showdown between Hank and Walt. I just don't like the idea of the whole show coming down to basically random characters who have barely been developed becoming the main focal point...

Of course who knows if that's what will actually happen and I do have faith in the writers of this amazing show to not let me down but if that's the direction they go then I'm just saying I'll be pretty choked.

nfotiu
09-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Is this appropriate for my 7 year old's christmas present
http://shop.citizenbrick.com/Superlab-Playset-CB720570.htm

Bertuzzied
09-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Is this appropriate for my 7 year old's christmas present
http://shop.citizenbrick.com/Superlab-Playset-CB720570.htm

Only if he says "Thanks for Xmas present... bitch!"

sa226
09-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Are these going up on Netflix as soon as they air? I just started watching a couple weeks ago and I'm burning right through the episodes and I noticed some of season 5 is up on Netflix. Or did they split season 5?

Fusebox
09-14-2013, 11:48 AM
Are these going up on Netflix as soon as they air? I just started watching a couple weeks ago and I'm burning right through the episodes and I noticed some of season 5 is up on Netflix. Or did they split season 5?

Yes, they split season five. Two sets of eight episodes each. Season Five Part 1 aired last summer, season five part 2 is on now - five of the eight episodes have aired so far, with the final three episodes airing on Sundays nights on AMC. No idea when or if the second eight episodes of season five will make it onto Netflix.

DownhillGoat
09-14-2013, 12:00 PM
No. Season 5 is split. You can get the season pass on itunes for the second half of Season 5 if you want to watch them (close) to when they air.

If you use HMA or something similar, UK netflix had the first half of season 5 up way before the other versions did. But I would assume it'll still be a number of months after it airs.

surferguy
09-14-2013, 06:12 PM
Like a meth head I watched the beginning of the series last Thursday and since then consumed everything I had access to until nothing was left. I just watched everything to date and read this entire thread.

Like others have stated, great show.

I think the best thing this season so far was the confession tape Walt made, would have never of guessed that direction. Is it possible that is a teaser for the overall outcome?

Just an idea like others have. Maybe the DEA is behind everything???

Who knows, love watching it all unfold.

Still to come will be a head to head conversation with Walt and Jesse that will be very intense.

I think the major gun he picked up in the flash forwards will be used to deal with the new gang, he needs heavy armour.

Saul gets the Ricin in the end, two types of people
- those who get away with it
- those who leave witnesses

Regulator75
09-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Like a meth head I watched the beginning of the series last Thursday and since then consumed everything I had access to until nothing was left.

Welcome to the club.

I watched the previous seasons earlier this year (for the first time) and had avoided all the threads and spoilers too.

jschick88
09-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Best episode ever. Wow!

BlackArcher101
09-15-2013, 08:02 PM
This is what happens when he doesn't get breakfast.

Yamer
09-15-2013, 08:04 PM
I just don't even know what to say at this point. It's looking more and more like Walt will make one final attempt to right the ship and save his family from Jack's crew.

This show is absolutely amazing.

RogerWilco
09-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Well that was rather satisfying, to bad I don't smoke anymore.

Allos
09-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Wow!! Just wow!!!

Yamer
09-15-2013, 08:19 PM
I love how you just can't lose complete sympathy for Walt. Just when you think he has gone full Heisenberg in his conversation with Skylar, you see the tearing of his soul in half as he comes to the realization of the day's events and what he has done or been responsible for.

I know I should hate Walt, but I just can't fully cross that line. I'm not nearly as fond of the character as I once was, and that all started with him letting Jane die. Still, I want Walt to redeem himself on some level and go out in a blaze.

Jedi Ninja
09-15-2013, 08:31 PM
I love how you just can't lose complete sympathy for Walt. Just when you think he has gone full Heisenberg in his conversation with Skylar, you see the tearing of his soul in half as he comes to the realization of the day's events and what he has done or been responsible for.

I know I should hate Walt, but I just can't fully cross that line. I'm not nearly as fond of the character as I once was, and that all started with him letting Jane die. Still, I want Walt to redeem himself on some level and go out in a blaze.

Better rewind that scene, I think you missed something?

BlackArcher101
09-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Better rewind that scene, I think you missed something?

I don't think he missed anything. Walt has always been family first. In that one phone call (and I'm sure he knew cops were listening, he did leave because Junior called 911) he essentially took blame for everything that has happened, including Hank. This is reinforced right away by him returning Holly.

Jedi Ninja
09-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Yah, that's what I was referring to.

nfotiu
09-15-2013, 08:47 PM
This is what happens when he doesn't get breakfast.

What is?

Yamer
09-15-2013, 08:49 PM
That and he was tearing up and became visibly upset at his own notion that "You will never see Hank again". As uncomfortable as it makes him, he still has to exert a sense of power and control as he tries to deal with and escape the situation.

Wormius
09-15-2013, 09:03 PM
I just don't even know what to say at this point. It's looking more and more like Walt will make one final attempt to right the ship and save his family from Jack's crew.

This show is absolutely amazing.

Why is his family in danger from Jack's crew? I thought they were "square"?

getbak
09-15-2013, 09:06 PM
That phone call was Skyler's Get Out of Jail card.

Igottago
09-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Most intense episode of television I've ever watched. Holy crap.

Mike F
09-15-2013, 09:13 PM
That phone call was Skyler's Get Out of Jail card.
Ya. At first blush I took it at face value; that he was genuinely irate that she'd stood in his way. But upon reflection I think you're right, he knows he's dying and wanted to ensure she would be there for his children, even if that meant piling all the blame for everything squarely upon himself

nfotiu
09-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Why is his family in danger from Jack's crew? I thought they were "square"?

Because they may be thinking Skylar will lead the cops to them, or be a witness.

I think that was actually more about what the phone call was about. Trying to keep Skylar from talking to the cops for her own safety. I also don't think that we were supposed to think Walt's actions were all calculated, and that a lot of #######ness was real.

Wormius
09-15-2013, 09:16 PM
Wow. Bill Hader looks like Walt Jr in 20 years.

Regulator75
09-15-2013, 09:31 PM
What an amazing episode. I really don't want it to end...

Yamer
09-15-2013, 09:57 PM
With Walt having fled, and the cops knowing pretty much everything about him through Skylar, I would think that the Aryans aren't going to think twice about eliminating a key witness that could bring the heat down on them.

stang
09-15-2013, 10:12 PM
Wow

Joborule
09-15-2013, 10:30 PM
####ing awesome.

Coys1882
09-15-2013, 10:37 PM
Nah - I think him returning is all about Jesse.

Bertuzzied
09-15-2013, 10:38 PM
Crap man. I truly thought Gilligan would make us jump off the Walt bandwagon once and for all and that he killed Holly.

What an AWESOME episode. Only problem is they don't show who the cleaner in the Toyota Previa is!!!

BlackEleven
09-15-2013, 10:45 PM
What an episode...

I have a feeling Jesse is going to take care of Jack's crew with some "Yeah, science, bitch" trick he learned from Walt. Perhaps that magnesium bomb they once used. Just seems fitting, and it would set up a final showdown between Walt and Jesse. I always thought the Walt would square off against Hank, but Jesse seems just as fitting. It all started with Jesse. It should end that way too

JeanLucPicard
09-15-2013, 10:50 PM
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/sht%20just%20got%20real/grand/oh_gif.gif

That was just too good.

Also can someone please give Anna Gunn an Emmy

GreatWhiteEbola
09-15-2013, 11:00 PM
Crap man. I truly thought Gilligan would make us jump off the Walt bandwagon once and for all and that he killed Holly.

What an AWESOME episode. Only problem is they don't show who the cleaner in the Toyota Previa is!!!

?
http://www.thescrib.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/winston.png

That episode was awesome!!!

Caged Great
09-15-2013, 11:05 PM
Hoooolllllllyyyyy F.............................

That would've been extremely intense if it was a movie, let alone a tv show.

I think that may have been the single most intense tv episode ever

Coys1882
09-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Anyone notice that pair of pants when Walt was rolling his barrel?

kirant
09-15-2013, 11:19 PM
I think that may have been the single most intense tv episode ever
I would have to agree. This is the first episode I ever watched and, knowing virtually nothing, I was drawn in. I can't imagine how intense it have been for people who know the characters well.

Table 5
09-15-2013, 11:21 PM
Man, that episode made last week's seem like a care-free stroll through the park on a lazy summer day.

djsFlames
09-15-2013, 11:21 PM
Intense episode. Very stressed out now.

Gilligan is a god among creators. The cast performances here are untouchable. Everyone raised their game (except Cranston, his was always up there), even RJ Mitte. His best performance so far. What else can I say? It's been a privilege to watch this whole show unfold. This will have to be re-watched at least another couple times, with so much having happened.

Here's my thoughts/ideas on what's to come..

Walt will find out Jesse is still alive by putting 2 and 2 together when he notices the resurfacing of his signature blue on the streets. He knows that they couldn't produce it the way he could - he probably taught them improperly on purpose, as it was "his" recipe.

Also, I'm sure he wants revenge on the nazi crew. But this is about Jesse. He wants him dead. I'm sure Walt's figured he's a threat to Walt's family as long as he's alive with even the remote possibility of escape, since he went all out by admitting his witnessing of Jane's death. Walt's Heisenberg side will also see this as a betrayal on the part of Jack. Certainly enough motive there to come back.

The M60 is for the crew. The ricin (not sure why that method yet, but it's only fitting) is for Jesse.

Lydias days are numbered. Better jump on that horse quick, Todd. ;)

polak
09-15-2013, 11:24 PM
Wow that was insane. Just wow. Wow. Wow.

Wow.

Hank obviously called to get as much heat of Skylar as possible. Only real piece of "strategy" that can be discussed. Rest of the episode was just insanity. Some dick on FB spoiled the episode for kicks luckily I didn't read it but what kind of a-hole does that.

djsFlames
09-15-2013, 11:28 PM
I would have to agree. This is the first episode I ever watched and, knowing virtually nothing, I was drawn in. I can't imagine how intense it have been for people who know the characters well.

Why...

Why would you do that... :bang: I feel very bad for you.

AC
09-15-2013, 11:29 PM
Very clever scene here, and probably no coincidence that it lines up with the credit for the Director of Photography either...

http://i.imgur.com/bCfMpRL.jpg
The reflection with the bullethole in the head appears to be Heisenberg.

Also a beautifully mirrored scene with one from season 4:
http://i.imgur.com/E60ZhXV.gif

surferguy
09-15-2013, 11:35 PM
Cool insight AC! Great catches

polak
09-15-2013, 11:35 PM

Oh man, what have you done.

AC
09-15-2013, 11:59 PM
Cool insight AC! Great catches
Nah, I just saw them on Reddit.

stang
09-16-2013, 12:01 AM
Link to reddit thread?

VANFLAMESFAN
09-16-2013, 12:03 AM
That's a fantastic shot.

TurnedTheCorner
09-16-2013, 12:12 AM
With Walt having fled, and the cops knowing pretty much everything about him through Skylar, I would think that the Aryans aren't going to think twice about eliminating a key witness that could bring the heat down on them.

I'm not sure who you mean here. Walt? Walt's family? Does Skyler even know about Todd, Jack and that group?

AC
09-16-2013, 12:15 AM
Link to reddit thread?
http://www.reddit.com/r/breakingbad

BlackArcher101
09-16-2013, 12:23 AM
So what's going to make Skylar and Junior move out of the house? Sometime between now and Hank showing back up, they desert the house and someone tags the inside. Do they move in with Marie? Witness protection of some kind? Or do they also go on the run?

Wormius
09-16-2013, 12:46 AM
I don't know about the ricin being for Jesse, I still think Walt is going to use it to hasten his own demise. Basically ingest it, go to the police and take the blame for all of murders and illicit activities that happened, and then after he has been booked and in jail, he'll just die. It would make sense for him to do this, especially to take the fall for whatever Jack and company did, so they would have no reason to go after Skyler for knowing anything, since Walt already confessed / falsely confessed to everything.

The hate that Walt has for Jesse is so intense, and ironic, especially considering Walt pretty much caused alot of pain and misery to Jesse, and Jesse only really finally retaliated now. I wonder if Walt, in the last 2 episodes will recognize how he mistreated Jesse.

Wormius
09-16-2013, 12:48 AM
So what's going to make Skylar and Junior move out of the house? Sometime between now and Hank showing back up, they desert the house and someone tags the inside. Do they move in with Marie? Witness protection of some kind? Or do they also go on the run?

I think either Jesse or Marie tag / vandalize the house. Depending on whether Jesse escapes or not. Marie is full of rage, so it could be her way of coping.. and letting everybody know exactly what Hank was trying to prove.

Hemi-Cuda
09-16-2013, 12:56 AM
One of the darkest things I've ever seen on a TV series, it's almost gut wrenching to see all these characters you've watched for so long get completely torn up so fast

Daradon
09-16-2013, 01:15 AM
Holy...

Friggen...

Crap...

That was Red Wedding type drama.

MrMastodonFarm
09-16-2013, 01:20 AM
Good lord, just brilliant writing.

What a roller coaster of emotions, hating Walt, feeling sympathy for him agian, giving up Jesse, telling him about Jane, then giving Skyler her pass with the phone call.. I mean.. holy crap.

Might be the best hour of TV I've ever watched.

Daradon
09-16-2013, 01:21 AM
I think either Jesse or Marie tag / vandalize the house. Depending on whether Jesse escapes or not. Marie is full of rage, so it could be her way of coping.. and letting everybody know exactly what Hank was trying to prove.

I'm not entirely sure it's important who tags the house. I'm still under the assumption it pretty much becomes taken by the government/justice system and becomes condemned. Then, whomever vandalizes it. As I mentioned there are a lot of people, young people mostly, who have a morbid fascination with criminals and anti-heroes.

This makes even more sense now that we know the system may go after Skyler since they don't have Walt.

The US is pretty vengeful with property and such when it comes to drug related crimes.

But you could be right.

MrMastodonFarm
09-16-2013, 01:24 AM

I think you're way over thinking the house. I bet Walter is all over the news now and the house becomes a crime scene and is borded up. I'd imagine it's just kids who break in and "tag" it. Probably see Heisenberg as a bit of a hero in the way teens do.

Daradon
09-16-2013, 01:24 AM
And poor Jesse... :(

MrMastodonFarm
09-16-2013, 01:26 AM
Funny how this show plays out... I thought she was going for the phone, the girlfriend thought she was going for the knife. I didn't even notice the knives at first, she didn't notice the phone.

http://i.imgur.com/6W6Wmur.jpg

Daradon
09-16-2013, 01:30 AM
^^^ Heh, I actually watched that scene and noticed both, thought they purposefully framed the shot that way as her minds dilemna.

Phone or knife? Guessed she might go for the knife though... :) But then I wondered if she was going to use it on herself, maybe outright attack Walt.

What she did made sense.

Oling_Roachinen
09-16-2013, 01:33 AM
Not to take too much away from an amazing episode, but the whole Nazis killing a member of White's family in front of him, stealing $70,000,000.00 from him and then leaving him with a good bye barrel?

These are guys who know how ruthless Heisenberg is, why leave that loose end? Especially when you just shot some DEA officers in front of him and don't really know much about what that was all about. I mean it wouldn't be terrible since they know their his muscle, but leaving him that much money allows him to buy some. Who cares how much Todd respects Mr. White, that seemed like poor thinking.

On the other hand, loved the opening with Walter rehearsing his story before calling Skyler foreshadowing his future scripted phonecall.

Yasa
09-16-2013, 01:37 AM
When Todd goes to get Jesse from his cell thing, Jesse mentions something about the video (his confession video?) being in the house and only "him and his partner" know about it (Hank and Gomie.) So I'm wondering if the Nazis are going to try and get that video from Hank's house, the same time that Skylar and Flynn/Emo-McGee/Jr are there with Marie.

MrMastodonFarm
09-16-2013, 01:37 AM
http://i.minus.com/ibOpt9vbQtzZ0.gif