PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RyZ
03-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Anybody else watching and enjoying this show? Bryan Cranston (Hal from Malcolm in the Middle) plays Walter White, a high school chemistry teacher that is dying of lung cancer so he decides to "break bad" and use his chemistry skills to cook up some chemically pure Crystal Meth and sell it to make money for his family and treatments. Of course things don't go as smoothly as that and we have ourselves one of the best shows I've watched on TV in years.

Sunday nights at 8 on AMC.

First season (only 6 episodes) finished off last night and I can't wait for more.

Agamemnon
03-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I've watched the first 5 episodes, the 6th is PVR'd. It's a pretty good show... interesting storyline, but it's tough to tell whether or not it's trying to be a drama with some comedy or a comedy with some drama. I'll definitely be watching the second season when it comes around.

Gozer
03-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Big fan.

corporatejay
03-10-2008, 02:23 PM
I like the show, the first few episodes were really dark.

Also, AMC comes through like GARBAGE on my shaw feed (like crappy TBS quality) so I hope that it either gets upgraded in bandwidth or goes HD, or I'll just have to start Dling it because watching on analogue cable is almost unbearable.

Agamemnon
03-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Is it just me or is it a bit wierd that it's an AMC original... but it's censored on AMC. I mean, I get why HBO has lots of swearing... because they're allowed to play it. I'm not sure why AMC would put swears in their own show and then dub them out on the premiere broadcast on their own network.

Great show... guess you'll have to order the DVD's to get it uncensored.

getbak
03-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Bump to remind everyone that season 2 starts tonight...8pm on AMC.

Machiavelli
03-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Sweet....don't get AMC so I will have to get my hands on the new episodes....some other way.

There are also some minisodes on Breaking Bad's website.

But man, it's been a year since the show last aired! I'll have to watch the most recent episode again to refresh my memory.

Tyler
03-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Season 2 leaked. The first three episodes are some of the best television Ive watched in years. So excited for this season.

Machiavelli
03-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Leaked! Sweet, thanks....off to find them.

Tyler
03-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Sorry - can't talk about piracy on the boards (re: all the PM's I've received)

RyZ
03-15-2009, 01:52 PM
This is a fantastic show. Season 2, episode 2 is on tonight for anyone who still needs to jump in.

fatso
03-15-2009, 05:31 PM
good show. The first season was very entertaining.

I saw the season premiere on Rogers on-demand under 'TV Entertainment'. Picked up just where last season left off... interesting to see what happens. Walter is such an interesting character... I hope it works out for him!

Machiavelli
02-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Heads up....third season starts March 21.

Old Yeller
02-16-2010, 09:17 PM
THANK GOD!!!

This show is more addictive than crystal meth... I've been going through withdrawal for MONTHS.

PyramidsofMars
02-16-2010, 10:43 PM
hands down the best show on TV IMO.

Old Yeller
02-16-2010, 11:49 PM
Both The Pacific and Breading Bad start in March.

Oh it's a good month!

Mike F
03-28-2010, 10:33 PM
So 2 episodes into season 3 and they haven't missed a beat.

I'm no criminal and am very anti-drug when it comes to the likes of meth, but I'm 100% behind Walt in the battle with Skyler.

Loved Jesse sticking it to his parents after they rejected him.

Love Bob Odenkirk as a sleazy lawyer.

Love the cousins as antagonists -- the opening scene from episode 1 was surreally creepy, and having them go through 2 episodes without uttering a word is brilliant in creating tension. They remind me of Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old Men,

nik-
03-28-2010, 10:37 PM
Pollos manager obviously has some major cartel clout.

PyramidsofMars
03-28-2010, 10:58 PM
Pollos manager obviously has some major cartel clout.
dude's a bamf.

Huntingwhale
03-29-2010, 08:18 AM
Best show ever. I've watched all of the first 2 seasons and can't wait for the 3rd. This show has it all, from violence, sex, coarse language, and some pretty hilarious moments.

Methanolic
03-29-2010, 01:43 PM
I stumbled upon this show 1/2 way through Seas. 1, Managed to catch up from the begining and I gotta say this is one of the best shows ever!

Right up there with Dexter IMHO.

Ducay
03-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Best show ever. I've watched all of the first 2 seasons and can't wait for the 3rd. This show has it all, from violence, sex, coarse language, and some pretty hilarious moments.

You know the 3rd season has already started......episode 2 was last night.

Pretty good, although off to a more drama/less action start to seas. 3

Huntingwhale
03-29-2010, 04:41 PM
You know the 3rd season has already started......episode 2 was last night.

Pretty good, although off to a more drama/less action start to seas. 3

Woo hoo! Time to catch some episodes online when l get home!

Machiavelli
04-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Noooooooo Skylar. I want to strangle that cow.

getbak
04-05-2010, 05:05 PM
It really is amazing that on a show full of drug "cookers", and dealers, and killers and all other manner of bad people, the least likable character is Skylar.

octothorp
04-05-2010, 06:49 PM
It really is amazing that on a show full of drug "cookers", and dealers, and killers and all other manner of bad people, the least likable character is Skylar.

Yeah, she's horrible, but at the same time I think she's one of the most interesting characters in the show. Her actions in this last episode were a perfect way to call Walt's bluff. I can sort of guess how they're going to evolve most of the characters and stories over the coming season, but with her, I have no idea.

Huntingwhale
04-06-2010, 09:31 AM
For a drug cooker/dealer/killer, Walt sure is a greatly likeable character. Man l love this show. The pizza on the roof ordeal was friggin' hilarious!! Also, could someone please explain to me the whole "Pollos" ordeal when the cousins were in Walt's bedroom? I'm still trying to wrap that scene around my head. Chicken? WTF?

nik-
04-06-2010, 09:42 AM
For a drug cooker/dealer/killer, Walt sure is a greatly likeable character. Man l love this show. The pizza on the roof ordeal was friggin' hilarious!! Also, could someone please explain to me the whole "Pollos" ordeal when the cousins were in Walt's bedroom? I'm still trying to wrap that scene around my head. Chicken? WTF?

Pollos was referencing the manager of the Pollos chicken who is the cartel's man in Albuquerque/New Mexico. The man in the car called the manager of Pollos, who then called the cartel, who then called off the cousins.

BlackEleven
04-06-2010, 09:44 AM
Also, could someone please explain to me the whole "Pollos" ordeal when the cousins were in Walt's bedroom? I'm still trying to wrap that scene around my head. Chicken? WTF?

Pollos refers to the owner of the fast food chicken restaurants, who seems to be the drug kingpin of the area. They didn't clear the hit with him first so they didn't want to step on his toes and start some sort of war.

Wookie
04-06-2010, 09:48 AM
What's with the Brother in law going crazy? Wondered if I missed something.

nik-
04-06-2010, 09:53 AM
What's with the Brother in law going crazy? Wondered if I missed something.

Seeing as they replayed the Tortuga head on the exploding turtle, I'm assuming it's because that whole event affected him more that he's letting on.

getbak
04-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Tortuga's exploding head happened when he was working with the DEA in El Paso. He went back to Albuquerque after that. Now, the DEA wants him back in El Paso.

nik-
04-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Tortuga's exploding head happened when he was working with the DEA in El Paso. He went back to Albuquerque after that. Now, the DEA wants him back in El Paso.

Yes I know, but they're refreshing it in our minds and then showing the cousin's involvement and the spiral Hank is taking.

WindomURL
04-06-2010, 11:47 AM
I figured BB would be on the Shaw VOD menu somewhere. All I can find is a 6 minute preview clip for S3.

Anyone know if it's hiding in some weird menu like Mad Men was last summer? That was in the Free TV menu, iirc.

BlackEleven
04-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Yes I know, but they're refreshing it in our minds and then showing the cousin's involvement and the spiral Hank is taking.

The tortoise is definitely a big part of it, but I think the overall problem is his feeling of inadequacy. He couldn't deal emotionally with the tortoise incident, but he also didn't fit in with his counterparts in the Albuquerque office. They were professionals -- they spoke Spanish, they were well educated, and they didn't appreciate his brash jokes -- and he was pretty well a cowboy who they looked down upon.

By picking a fight in the Spanish bar, Hank's probably trying to both sabotage his chances of getting transferred and essentially thumbing his nose at his counterparts by showing that he is indeed a cowboy and proud of it.

Ziggy Lidstrom
04-06-2010, 05:22 PM
The show is my favorite and I'm addicted like a meth head in a meth den. I went to an anonymous site where they had all the episodes, so i recently caught up to the latest epi.

This is such a complex and dark show for indeed people do end up despising the most morally reputable while sympathizing with 'cookers, gangsters, feds et. al'. It reminds me of Roshkalnikov from crime and punishment.

Anyway, if you haven't seen the show you must go to any length to catch up as soon as you can!

Black11, I agree with your assesment of Hank to a point. I think the only thing lacking in scope of your post was his need to strengthen his ego once again. This could be the case since he left his gun in the jeep. He seemed like an emotional wreck after the Tortuga incident. Did you see the cartel take his head though??? RaW!!! Poor walt has some real bamf after his pale heisenberg bald head.

On a side note, did anybody notice that one of the bad-asses that Hank beat up was Keith the Dean of Mean Jardine? Pretty funny.

Re: SKyler, does anyone think that she is just moving on and since walt has played his hand this way she is expediting her feelings of divorce? She is entitled to a divorce but Walt is playing greasy hardball on account of Saul goodman. I can appreciate what Skyler did by offering to keep Walt's secret life between them, but I am jaded about the recent affair. I think she should just divorce him but allow joint custody of the children. The ted thing bugs me. I also think skyler may be showing walt what it feels like to 'act normal' for your family while possessing a dark secret. Perhaps she is having this affair to 'even the score' moralistically? I think she is totally moving on.

The plot and the characters' arcs are profoundly complex that I feel it gives you what shows like weeds and sons of anarchy give you. This one is a special story of a highly relatable individual who broaches very human issues ie: cancer, financial difficulties, health-care criticisms, disabled children et al.

nik-
04-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Awesome episode tonight.

DrJ
04-25-2010, 09:20 PM
I am recommending this show to all my friends. Thanks CP for enlightening me; this show is amazing!

iggypop
04-26-2010, 12:03 AM
Great episode. Someone clear something up for me in white though:

Where did his Aztec go? Why did he need a cab?
This made sense so that Hank wouldn't see it, but he drove into the lot with it. Where did it go? What did I miss?

corporatejay
04-26-2010, 10:19 AM

This made sense so that Hank wouldn't see it, but he drove into the lot with it. Where did it go? What did I miss?

He left it at the mechanic's, he drove the RV over.

Answer above this line in white.

jydk
04-26-2010, 10:24 AM

I was just about to ask the same question. I think I missed something too cause IIRC Walt does drive his Aztec to the lot.

But what a great episode. This series keeps getting better and better.

To anyone reading this thread who hasn't seen the show, I definitely recommend it as the best show currently on tv.

jydk
04-26-2010, 10:27 AM
He left it at the mechanic's, he drove the RV over.

Answer above this line in white.

Ok, that makes sense. Yet I don't recall any scene that clearly showed that. I could have just missed it though.

octothorp
04-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Because he drove the motorhome to the demolition yard. His Aztec was still at the yard where the motorhome was getting fixed up, which was a different yard from where he took it to get demolished.

Methanolic
04-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Probably one of the best episodes ever!! Very tense with Hank trying to get into the RV and the twist with the heat off Heisenberg and now on Schrader will prove to be very intense.

Also, I'm guessing Walt will have to re-enlist Pinkman into the fold because of how (through Walts coaching) Jesse was able to difuse the situation long enough for Walt to come up with a solution for getting Hank away from the RV.

BTW: Skylar needs to do a "Rita" from Dexter and just go the hell away!!

iggypop
04-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Probably one of the best episodes ever!! Very tense with Hank trying to get into the RV and the twist with the heat off Heisenberg and now on Schrader will prove to be very intense.

Also, I'm guessing Walt will have to re-enlist Pinkman into the fold because of how (through Walts coaching) Jesse was able to difuse the situation long enough for Walt to come up with a solution for getting Hank away from the RV.

BTW: Skylar needs to do a "Rita" from Dexter and just go the hell away!!

I predict the bald brother won't get a chance to get to Hank. I think his stress issues and poor eating is foreshadowing to him having a heart attack.
At the same time, he's a pretty major character, not sure they will 'off' him just like that though.

Methanolic
04-26-2010, 08:05 PM
I predict the bald brother won't get a chance to get to Hank. I think his stress issues and poor eating is foreshadowing to him having a heart attack.
At the same time, he's a pretty major character, not sure they will 'off' him just like that though.

If that's the case, (heart attack) then I foresee a very tense scene with the brothers in Hanks hospital room and possibly pumping a few rounds into some carefuly arranged pillows under the sheets.

nik-
04-26-2010, 08:09 PM

It's only planned to be a 4 year show. At this point of it's arc, pretty much anyone is in play.

Methanolic
04-26-2010, 08:17 PM
It's only planned to be a 4 year show. At this point of it's arc, pretty much anyone is in play.

I vote for Skylar to be next!

Machiavelli
04-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Skylar is the worst.

trackercowe
05-03-2010, 12:15 AM
What an epic episode tonight, just so well done. Might be a bit of a spoiler, but only one scene with Skylar really helped out.

Spoilers: Finally we are going to get the dosage we have been waiting for with Walt, and Jesse teaming up again. I felt bad for Walt's former assistant, but screw him.

Onto one of the most well done final scenes with Hank, and the two brothers. Once Hank gave his gun in I thought he was doomed. Even with the phone call warning him, Hank had no conceivable way to defend himself from both of them. I wondered why he didn't just drive away, but I doubt that would of worked either.

After he took out the first brother I was on the edge of my seat. I thought Hank had the upper hand when he was able to get away with the gun, and had the other brother coming after him. I cheered when Hank shot down the second brother, completely forgetting the bullet-proof-vest. Of course I thought he was done for once the brother shot him down. Then the deus ex machina happened when the bullet fell out of his vest. I still believed they wouldn't give him enough time to load the gun before the last brother came back. But, boy was I wrong! He blew out the back of his head with that hollow point. The whole scene played out perfectly, and reminded me how well this team did on The X-Files.

I can't wait to see how the rest of the season plays out. Who called Hank letting him know the brothers would be there within the minute? He had to of been following the brothers, and knew they were coming after him. So I think it had to of been someone working for Gus (the chicken guy). It could of been the drug dealer from Mexico, but either way this could make for an all out cartel war, with Walt in between.

Can't wait for it all to play out.

(http://www.deus.com.au/)

boogerz
05-03-2010, 12:24 AM
Tonight was just ridiculous.

SPOILER HERE, DON'T HIGHLIGHT IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN EPI 7 I suspected Gus was setting the brothers/twins up, but Hank blowing the brains out of one of them with the others gun was the icing on the cake.

I can't wait until next Sunday

WindomURL
05-03-2010, 12:35 AM
Tonight was just ridiculous. DELETED

I can't wait until next Sunday

You really should put that in white text or just not post that kind of spoiler.

But all in all, agreed. This show just keeps getting better and better.

Machiavelli
05-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Oh my god, Jesse owned the beginning of that episode.

What a frightening 45 minutes. My heart is still pounding.

Russic
05-03-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm a spoiler whore, so I haven't looked at this thread. I'm interested in getting into this show, but I do my primary tv watching on the train to and from work each day. Is this show something you could watch in public or is it graphic? If somebody would be so kind to PM me the answer I would be forever in their debt.

iggypop
05-04-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm a spoiler whore, so I haven't looked at this thread. I'm interested in getting into this show, but I do my primary tv watching on the train to and from work each day. Is this show something you could watch in public or is it graphic? If somebody would be so kind to PM me the answer I would be forever in their debt.

PM'd.

jydk
05-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Has anyone else noticed that after each show, AMC tells you to stick around to see scenes for the next Breaking Bad, and then they cut to adverts, return, and never make good on thier promise.

wpgflamesfan
05-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Another phenomenal episode last night. The last three episode have been some of the best tv i've seen in a long time.

Huntingwhale
05-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Awesome episode. Hard to believe this show in only in season 3. Imagine just how much crazy turmoil is going to occur a couple seasons down the road! And Gus...oh Gus...you are one devilishly clever Mofo.

PS. The scene where one of the brothers notices "Heizenburg" and starts crawling towards the door...EPIC!!!

Machiavelli
05-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Gus is one of the best characters on TV right now.

Ducay
05-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Gus starting to show his true colors, but its still nice to have a criminal with dignity.

Love that Jesse is back to his role as goofy sidekick. The blow-up suit part was gold!

nik-
05-16-2010, 10:47 PM
ok, I can't be the only one who was disproportionately amused by that Los Pollos Hermanos commercial?

Huntingwhale
05-30-2010, 09:01 PM
What a great episode tonight. Skylar is all of a sudden becoming 'cool' and with the introduction of little Tomasz...man l can't wait to see where this heads.

Wookie
05-31-2010, 12:09 AM
What a great episode tonight. Skylar is all of a sudden becoming 'cool' and with the introduction of little Tomasz...man l can't wait to see where this heads.

Yeah - that was an interesting direction. The Tomasz part. Not the Skylar part. I still hate and don't trust her. Wench!

Machiavelli
06-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Can someone quickly explain something? I think I wasn't paying close enough attention.

So as far as I understand it, the new chick's little brother was the one who shot Combo. Did she explain why?

wpgflamesfan
06-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Can someone quickly explain something? I think I wasn't paying close enough attention.

So as far as I understand it, the new chick's little brother was the one who shot Combo. Did she explain why?

Selling on the wrong corner.

BlackEleven
06-03-2010, 06:45 PM
^ It was also part of his initiation into the gang.

trackercowe
06-04-2010, 12:17 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CtZpo89mmJo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CtZpo89mmJo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

nik-
06-06-2010, 09:01 PM
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

VANFLAMESFAN
06-06-2010, 09:47 PM
So I never got around to watching this show until recently. I ignored a bunch of people and critics but I finally was lent Season 1. I fell in love with the show in the first 10 minutes. I knew it was something different. It was not what I expected whatsoever.

So after watching an unhealthy amount of television in a 14 day span, I am caught up and just watched tonight's episode. Loved the way it ended. Did not see that coming whatsoever, but this show does that. It makes you think one way and throws a huge curveball when you think you got it figured out,(Season 2 is the perfect example.)

Can't wait for next week's 90 minute finale. This show is bloody amazing. Can't believe I waited this long to get hooked.

Oh and that ABC mock vid is probably the funniest youtube vid I have seen in a long time.

Huntingwhale
06-06-2010, 10:28 PM
What an ending!!!

Wookie
06-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Wow,

LIP MAN
06-07-2010, 01:21 AM
Holy $&$*, best show on TV. I will smack someone the next time one of my friends is watching CSI or Criminal Minds. Just unreal buildup and pacing!

WindomURL
06-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Aztek!

Methanolic
06-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Crazy! Never expected that from him!!

Methanolic
06-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Good article Here (http://www.calgarysun.com/entertainment/tv/2010/06/10/14334516.html) RE: The last episode and what might be in the finale.

Ark2
06-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Wow! Now we have to wait another year to find out what happens?

corporatejay
06-13-2010, 11:58 PM
SPOILERS:

Love me some heizenberg. That guy is badass. I have to say, the show had me believing Walter was a total wiener, and even when he was calling Jesse, I really thought he was going to sell him out, but low and behold, Hank knew the score all along. Absolutely brilliant.

The saddest part is that even though Jesse was a meth dealer/cooker at the start of the show, Mr. White has made him so much more evil and now effectively made him kill Gale. That scene, and the look on Jesse's face was heartbreaking.

Trojan97
06-14-2010, 02:32 AM
Loved the camera work in the final scene. Awesome stuff.

nik-
06-14-2010, 10:29 AM
What a finale. I totally bit on Walt selling out Jesse and was like "Walt you f$@#^#".

This really has been the season of Aaron Paul. He KILLED it this year. Amazing monologues, amazing emotion, that crazy final scene, what a great actor. He was nominated last year for best supporting actor in a drama and lost. I just don't see how they can't give it to him this year for this season's work.

I can't wait for next season.

Huntingwhale
06-14-2010, 11:32 AM
What a finale. I totally bit on Walt selling out Jesse and was like "Walt you f$@#^#".

This really has been the season of Aaron Paul. He KILLED it this year. Amazing monologues, amazing emotion, that crazy final scene, what a great actor. He was nominated last year for best supporting actor in a drama and lost. I just don't see how they can't give it to him this year for this season's work.

I can't wait for next season.

True that! I knew the season finale was going to have some sort of F-ed up twist to end it...and l honestly thought that moment was the 'twist'. Never in my wildest dreams did l see that coming what happened afterwards.

Poor poor Gale. I actually was starting to like him. It should be everyone's civic duty to watch this show. Best show on TV BY FAR!!!

Salt Water Cowboy #10
06-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Because of all the crazy twists in this show, I'm not convinced that Jesse shot Gale. You hear the gun go off, but who know's whats gonna happen? Either way the next season should be awesome too. can't wait.

nik-
06-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Because of all the crazy twists in this show, I'm not convinced that Jesse shot Gale. You hear the gun go off, but who know's whats gonna happen? Either way the next season should be awesome too. can't wait.

Spoiler below in white.

Alan Sepinwall interviewed Vince Gilligan and brought up this possibility because of the perceived movement of the gun in the shot. It's not supposed to be ambiguous. Gale got shot.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/interview-breaking-bad-creator-vince-gilligan-post-mortems-season-three

Captain_Obvious
06-14-2010, 06:54 PM
http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

Machiavelli
06-14-2010, 07:49 PM
I don't understand why they were going to kill Walt; did Gale really have the entire scoop?

Captain_Obvious
06-15-2010, 02:03 AM
I don't understand why they were going to kill Walt; did Gale really have the entire scoop?

The low key Boss man (owner of the Chicken Chain) seemed really upset that Walt "put them all at risk" with his hasty actions...

I got the impression (especially when you take in to consideration his chat with Gale about Walt's "grim" medical condition) that they considered him a loose cannon and wanted him out of the picture asap.

You could tell when he was pushing Gale... insisting he'd be ready after he saw one more cook.

The next season will be interesting, and I loved the interview above where they concede they are making it up as they go along and have no idea where it will go from the final gunshot until they resume writing in a few months.

Fantastic television.

BlackEleven
06-15-2010, 08:55 AM
Man, that was an incredible ending. I'm still a little skeptical that Jesse actually shot Gail, despite what the writers say; they could be deliberately misleading us. I could see Jesse just firing a shot into the air and then telling Gail to get out of town and never come back and he'll kill him if he ever sees him again. Or he could have actually shot him. You never know with this show. I never would have guessed Walt would have fired a round into a gangster point blank before the last show either...

I have to think Gus' comment about the Mexican cartel "probing our weaknesses" is foreshadowing for the next season. Obviously Walt is a big weakness in Gus' operation now. I could see him negotiating himself a job with the Mexicans next season leading to an all out war between the two cartels.

nik-
06-15-2010, 09:07 AM
Man, that was an incredible ending. I'm still a little skeptical that Jesse actually shot Gail, despite what the writers say; they could be deliberately misleading us. I could see Jesse just firing a shot into the air and then telling Gail to get out of town and never come back and he'll kill him if he ever sees him again. Or he could have actually shot him. You never know with this show. I never would have guessed Walt would have fired a round into a gangster point blank before the last show either...

I have to think Gus' comment about the Mexican cartel "probing our weaknesses" is foreshadowing for the next season. Obviously Walt is a big weakness in Gus' operation now. I could see him negotiating himself a job with the Mexicans next season leading to an all out war between the two cartels.

I see it quite differently. Gus needs Walt to keep making quality product and keep the money coming in if he's going to go to war with the cartel. The Cartel won't care about having Walt's product as much as having the territory.

Also, from the start I think Gale was meant to be a replacement for Walt which is really why Walt got Jesse brought in.

BlackEleven
06-15-2010, 09:21 AM
I see it quite differently. Gus needs Walt to keep making quality product and keep the money coming in if he's going to go to war with the cartel. The Cartel won't care about having Walt's product as much as having the territory.

Also, from the start I think Gale was meant to be a replacement for Walt which is really why Walt got Jesse brought in.

I didn't mean that Gus doesn't need Walt, I meant Walt is a threat to Gus because Walt knows that Gus is trying to replace him. So Walt may negotiate a deal with the Mexican cartel where he makes the product that he's so famous for in exchange for protection against Gus. If the Mexican's get their hands on the product that's become so popular in Gus' territory, it will be a lot easier for them to take over.

Walt has bought himself some time if Gail is out of the picture, but Gus will still try and replace him at the first opportunity. I don't think there's any going back to the way things were now, so I would think Walt is going to have to find himself more protection than just some extra time next season.

I'm not convinced Gus intended to have Gail replace Walt from the very beginning. Otherwise, why would he let Walt fire Gail in favour of Jesse? If that was his intention I think he would have killed Jesse long ago by making it look like an overdose or something that would not lead back to him.

Huntingwhale
06-15-2010, 10:19 AM
http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/interview-breaking-bad-creator-vince-gilligan-post-mortems-season-three

Thanks for the link. I love how he says that he doens't see the series going past 5 seasons. Better to end on a 'leave them wanting more' note then overstay their welcome. And l think all of us just know it's going to end badly for some characters. You can't just make meth...lol. I have a feeling we will see Hank's character come into play next season and the pressure will really be on Walt.

Machiavelli
06-15-2010, 01:40 PM
I got the impression (especially when you take in to consideration his chat with Gale about Walt's "grim" medical condition) that they considered him a loose cannon and wanted him out of the picture asap.

Well yes, I know all that. But I got the impression that Gale wasn't quite ready yet.

Oh well.

Captain_Obvious
06-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Well yes, I know all that. But I got the impression that Gale wasn't quite ready yet.

Oh well.

You said you didn't understand why they were going to kill Walt.

It seemed pretty straight forward.

They were more worried about erasing a loose cannon than rushing Gail in to his spot before he was 100% ready.

Gus heard Gail stuttering and essentially saying he wasn't ready before sternly telling him he would be ready after one more cook.

octothorp
06-15-2010, 04:53 PM
I loved the Gus and Gale conversation because even though it was ostensibly about Walt's cancer, it was pretty clear that Gale knew exactly what was going down. So it left just a little bit of moral ambiguity there: even Gale is not a 100% innocent character.

jhunt223
06-13-2011, 03:14 AM
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/breaking-bad-s4-poster.jpg

If that poster is any indication of how season 4 is going to go, which i assume it is, Breaking Bad looks poised to continue its reign as the best show on tv.

Just one more month.

Yasa
06-13-2011, 07:47 AM
It's probably been mentioned before, but I am continually impressed with Brian Cranston. It's really unfortunate he's gone nearly unnoticed by the spotlight until now. Or maybe it's for the best? His range of characters is awesome. From Hal to Walt is a change only a few could pull off. When I look at him as Walt, I don't see Hal at all and vice versa. I hope he gets more roles once BB ends.

Kudos to AMC too, I don't know what they did but they're giving HBO some healthy competition and I think they have a wider audience which really boosts them. Hopefully they don't start thinking they're invincible and start going downhill (although I think some will argue that Walking Dead and The Killing are poor in comparison.)

In any case;

07z4olZvkHkp

To Be Quite Honest
04-21-2012, 07:02 AM
It seems Breaking Bad is going to be split up like the Walking Dead was.

Season 5 News. (http://screenrant.com/breaking-bad-season-5-premiere-2012-2013-scott-163909/)

Season Starts this July!

8xEpny--oys

Brian Cranston Interview.

Here (http://video.answers.com/bryan-cranston-on-breaking-bad-season-5-517248529)

metallicat
04-21-2012, 07:16 AM
That's going to be a loooong four month + break.

Ark2
04-21-2012, 07:29 AM
It seems Breaking Bad is going to be split up like the Walking Dead was.

Season 5 News. (http://screenrant.com/breaking-bad-season-5-premiere-2012-2013-scott-163909/)

Season Starts this July!

8xEpny--oys

Brian Cranston Interview.

Here (http://video.answers.com/bryan-cranston-on-breaking-bad-season-5-517248529)

Fake, crappy fan made trailer. Total mood killer.

To Be Quite Honest
04-21-2012, 07:32 AM
Fake, crappy fan made trailer. Total mood killer.

Here then grump.

UZZLsYDy7_4

To Be Quite Honest
04-21-2012, 07:47 AM
My favorite and most memorable scene.

YHUOjIZHnYY

Daradon
04-21-2012, 01:42 PM
I think this got missed in the Entertainment forum move...

But yeah, waiting for the next season is driving me crazy!

(Spoilers are only spoilers if you are not caught up)

I'm not sure how they will finish everything off in season 5. Seems like they have a lot to start up just to get the plot moving again because of the way season 4 ended, just to end the series at the end of the season. I mean, the Chicken Man is gone, the cartel is gone, where's the next angle for the drugs? I could actually see Walt getting cocky (as he does like to be in charge) and using the car wash much like the laundry was used for a cover for meth production, but that would take a few episodes to set up.

The loose ends seem to be Beneke's death which could cause an investigation into the family, the German super conglomerate that owned a lot of the businesses tied to the lab (are they connnected? I would assume so, at least that would be a way to advance the plot) Mike is still in Mexico as far was we know, whats going to happen when he comes back and finds Gus dead and the business in shambles? Will he be mad at Walt, or will he work for him instead. I actually believe the later as he seems to be a pragmatic man looking for a paycheque, but for tensions sake it could go the other way.

And of course they have to figure out a way to kill Walt. Of course, no one knows if he will die for sure, but the laws of literature pretty much deem that he has to.

But, I could see it being one of those series that because of it's popularity, is extended for one more season past the first projected end date. And that, in my opinion, would make it easier to finish off, cause I don't know how they restart after the big ending last season, only to finish it off 12 episodes later. Would not be surprised to see a season 6.

Ark2
04-21-2012, 01:58 PM
I think this got missed in the Entertainment forum move...

But yeah, waiting for the next season is driving me crazy!

(Spoilers are only spoilers if you are not caught up)

I'm not sure how they will finish everything off in season 5. Seems like they have a lot to start up just to get the plot moving again because of the way season 4 ended, just to end the series at the end of the season. I mean, the Chicken Man is gone, the cartel is gone, where's the next angle for the drugs? I could actually see Walt getting cocky (as he does like to be in charge) and using the car wash much like the laundry was used for a cover for meth production, but that would take a few episodes to set up.

The loose ends seem to be Beneke's death which could cause an investigation into the family, the German super conglomerate that owned a lot of the businesses tied to the lab (are they connnected? I would assume so, at least that would be a way to advance the plot) Mike is still in Mexico as far was we know, whats going to happen when he comes back and finds Gus dead and the business in shambles? Will he be mad at Walt, or will he work for him instead. I actually believe the later as he seems to be a pragmatic man looking for a paycheque, but for tensions sake it could go the other way.

And of course they have to figure out a way to kill Walt. Of course, no one knows if he will die for sure, but the laws of literature pretty much deem that he has to.

But, I could see it being one of those series that because of it's popularity, is extended for one more season past the first projected end date. And that, in my opinion, would make it easier to finish off, cause I don't know how they restart after the big ending last season, only to finish it off 12 episodes later. Would not be surprised to see a season 6.

I believe this season will actually be 16 episodes.

Daradon
04-21-2012, 02:20 PM
I believe this season will actually be 16 episodes.

So, 16 compared to 13, a little bit extra I guess. The break in the middle may time it right.

Wormius
04-21-2012, 02:45 PM
I don't think Mike has any love for Walt. The only thing Walt has going for him is Jesse if Mike found out. As far as it goes now, Gus's death could be considered a revenge killing after what went down with the Mexican syndicate.

Daradon
04-21-2012, 02:48 PM
I don't think Mike has any love for Walt. The only thing Walt has going for him is Jesse if Mike found out. As far as it goes now, Gus's death could be considered a revenge killing after what went down with the Mexican syndicate.

I agree, but Mike doesn't seem like the kinda guy who would take matters into his own hands, nor would he get too caught up in emotion. He's a soldier, not a general. He's very good at it, and a great character, but I could see him worrying about is (daughter/granddaughter?) and his general well being when wondering if he should escalate or not.

FlamesAddiction
04-21-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm just hoping that they keep Jesse and Walt on the same side this time. They are the ultimate odd couple. There should always be some tension between them, but it also provides some comedy.

VANFLAMESFAN
04-22-2012, 11:20 AM

He has to die? I'm not sure I agree with that.

This show has been about what? Walt's transformation. From episode one to where we are now, it's amazing how much his character has changed, and that's been the best part of the show. He's done a complete 180 and what he did to Brock in S4might have been his "low" point. Does he continue to turn and maybe that 180 turns into a 360? I don't know, but I don't think he has to die to make the conclusion of this show any better.

Spoiler of ending of The Shield

not sure if you watched the Shield, but the show's main character, Vic Mackey(a cop) did some awful things. He killed a cop in his group, he covered up numerous crimes, he stole money from an Aremnian money laundering ring, he disposed of bodies, and he betrayed his friends. He was a pretty awful person, but we as the viewer enjoyed watching him do it.

At the end of the show, Vic doesn't die, but he needed to pay for the crimes he committed and the writers made him pay in a beautiful way. He was forced off the streets for his new job and on a desk, wearing a suit and this was his own personal hell. He lost all his friends, lost all the respect he once had from his fellow officers and his family was out of his life as well. It was an awesome ending, one of the better endings I have seen. There are more details that I'm missing as well.

Vic probably deserved to die as much as Walt does, but the writers don't need to kill off a character to make the conclusion better. There are ways to make a perfect ending besides the obvious.

Daradon
04-22-2012, 12:29 PM
He has to die? I'm not sure I agree with that.

This show has been about what? Walt's transformation. From episode one to where we are now, it's amazing how much his character has changed, and that's been the best part of the show. He's done a complete 180 and what he did to Brock in S4might have been his "low" point. Does he continue to turn and maybe that 180 turns into a 360? I don't know, but I don't think he has to die to make the conclusion of this show any better.

Spoiler of ending of The Shield

not sure if you watched the Shield, but the show's main character, Vic Mackey(a cop) did some awful things. He killed a cop in his group, he covered up numerous crimes, he stole money from an Aremnian money laundering ring, he disposed of bodies, and he betrayed his friends. He was a pretty awful person, but we as the viewer enjoyed watching him do it.

At the end of the show, Vic doesn't die, but he needed to pay for the crimes he committed and the writers made him pay in a beautiful way. He was forced off the streets for his new job and on a desk, wearing a suit and this was his own personal hell. He lost all his friends, lost all the respect he once had from his fellow officers and his family was out of his life as well. It was an awesome ending, one of the better endings I have seen. There are more details that I'm missing as well.

Vic probably deserved to die as much as Walt does, but the writers don't need to kill off a character to make the conclusion better. There are ways to make a perfect ending besides the obvious.

There's a literary rule (I forget the name) about characters who get away with too much and use their powers (IE Walt's chemistry genius) for bad/evil. As well, they've set him up to die since day one for the audience (terminal lung cancer). Finally, like you said, we continue seeing a darker and darker side of him. The thing with Brock may have been the worst, but he's been sliding the whole time and I don't see any reason why he'd turn back now. Even in the flashbacks we see how he's always had some of these character flaws that he's running with now.

Walt HAS to be punished somehow, and generally it's with death. Even his character wants it, He just wants to leave the money to his family and be done with it. He's been struggling with his pain and growing guilt for a while now.

They may come up with something very creative, or they may cheat and try to make everything really happy in the end, but Walt has been set up to die from episode one, and most characters in similar situations in book and film bite it.

Displaced Flames fan
04-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Right, as VFF says in the spoiler part of his post, death doesn't always mean death. Sometimes, it can be worse.

Daradon
04-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Right, as VFF says in the spoiler part of his post, death doesn't always mean death. Sometimes, it can be worse.

I don't disagree with that, I get what he's saying. I do think though that because they played the cancer angle so heavy handed in the first season and a half it only makes sense for it to be a literal death.

We will see, I could be wrong, and that's part of the fun.

Displaced Flames fan
04-22-2012, 01:12 PM
I don't disagree with that, I get what he's saying. I do think though that because they played the cancer angle so heavy handed in the first season and a half it only makes sense for it to be a literal death.

We will see, I could be wrong, and that's part of the fun.

For sure.

I think they had to be heavy handed with it to put Walt in dark enough place that his turn doesn't seem completely silly.

Superflyer
05-03-2012, 01:05 PM
I just finished watching all the episodes and am pumped to see where this goes.
If I remember Gus had a kid, I think he mentioned it once when Walt was over for dinner. I don't know the age but maybe if it is older he can take over the family business.

TheSutterDynasty
05-04-2012, 10:57 PM
There are so many subtle things in this show that I can't possibly appreciate without watching it again and/or reading write-ups on them.

ie when Walt was sitting by the pool spinning his gun on the table deciding who to kill and it actually pointed at the flower - which he then poisoned Brock with.

But I do have a problem with the show.. and that's how stupid Walt is. At times it's not very believable that he would do some of the things that he does. Unless the cancer has metastasized to his brain.

VANFLAMESFAN
05-05-2012, 12:31 AM
^^example?

Displaced Flames fan
05-05-2012, 11:07 AM
^^example?

Yeah, I'm curious too.

I think Walt's feeding on the power he has attained and that has caused him to become more brazen, but I'm not sure I'd term his actions stupid.

TheSutterDynasty
05-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Yeah, I'm curious too.

I think Walt's feeding on the power he has attained and that has caused him to become more brazen, but I'm not sure I'd term his actions stupid.

Torching the car, chasing the fly, generally doing things to make Gus want to kill him..

Wormius
05-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Don't forget about his comments to Hank that restarted the investigation into Gail being Heisenberg, and leading Hank to Gus.

P.s. spoilers tags can be done away with, I think. If people don't know what has happened in this show, they shouldn't be reading this thread.

Displaced Flames fan
05-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Agree on the car. The fly speaks to his obsessive pursuit of purity. Taunting Gus and the comments to Hank were all about ego.

Wormius
05-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Agree on the car. The fly speaks to his obsessive pursuit of purity. Taunting Gus and the comments to Hank were all about ego.

They may have been about ego, but they go to show that he is still completely out of his element and that, despite being drunk, he didn't understand the consequences that would result from hus comments to Hank. If he had been smart, he would have let Hank keep believeing that Gail was Heisenberg. He should have realized that he would have had Hank off his arse if he had just let it go.

Displaced Flames fan
05-08-2012, 11:07 AM
They may have been about ego, but they go to show that he is still completely out of his element and that, despite being drunk, he didn't understand the consequences that would result from hus comments to Hank. If he had been smart, he would have let Hank keep believeing that Gail was Heisenberg. He should have realized that he would have had Hank off his arse if he had just let it go.
Completely disagree.

He's not worried about getting caught because he believes he is smarter than they are. He's enjoying the chase as much as the power. He wanted to keep that going.

Not about lack of intelligence at all in my mind.

I think it's one of the great dynamics of the series actually.

FlamesAddiction
05-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Completely disagree.

He's not worried about getting caught because he believes he is smarter than they are. He's enjoying the chase as much as the power. He wanted to keep that going.

I think you're right about him enjoying the chase, and it is also a power thing where he competes with Hank. There were a few episodes where Walt was sort of in Hank's shadow and I think Walt almost wants to compete with Hank on his territory. Walt enjoys having power.

Wormius
05-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Completely disagree.

Regardless of whether he gets a thrill from this, his actions would not be considered intelligent for somebody wanting to hold onto whatever power he has. Playing cat and mouse with Hank isn't smart. I am not sure how you can disagree with that. The smart thing for him to do would be to stop throwing bones to Hank given that there is already enough clues that a reasonable case could be made against Walt.

Kipperriffic
05-08-2012, 12:58 PM
so many people say "well cartel is gone!" - what?!

Don Eladio (spelling?) and his group was small fraction of the cartel. The cartel is huuuge. Someone like Gus cannot even imagine taking on the entire cartel. so, lets refrain from saying "cartel is gone", while we discuss the show. If anything, cartel may play a bigger role in season 5

d_phaneuf
05-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Never thought of Walt as dumb, I think like others said he likes the chase and feeling powerful

He comes up with these great plans that sometimes work brilliantly and other times blow up (or fail to blow up) but most of his mistakes are due to his ego/pride i.e. getting Hank back on the trail

Displaced Flames fan
05-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Regardless of whether he gets a thrill from this, his actions would not be considered intelligent for somebody wanting to hold onto whatever power he has. Playing cat and mouse with Hank isn't smart. I am not sure how you can disagree with that. The smart thing for him to do would be to stop throwing bones to Hank given that there is already enough clues that a reasonable case could be made against Walt.

The issue is that you're slamming the show for Walt's dumb actions. I'm simply providing an alternative motivation.

Tinordi
05-08-2012, 11:30 PM
so many people say "well cartel is gone!" - what?!

Don Eladio (spelling?) and his group was small fraction of the cartel. The cartel is huuuge. Someone like Gus cannot even imagine taking on the entire cartel. so, lets refrain from saying "cartel is gone", while we discuss the show. If anything, cartel may play a bigger role in season 5

Pretty sure the Chilean angle will play out in season 5.

Maritime Q-Scout
05-09-2012, 07:18 AM

I agree, if the Mexican cartel was afraid of Gus and his Chilean connections, I'd assume Walt will soon find out why.

Flash Walken
05-09-2012, 08:08 AM

I hope so, I've been waiting almost a year for them to revisit that angle:

WHO ARE YOU GUSTAVO FRING@

whoAREyou!?

This is a swerve I did not see coming.

d_phaneuf
06-04-2012, 08:48 PM
http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/breaking-bad-season-5-poster-570x839.jpg

MrMastodonFarm
06-04-2012, 09:14 PM
f3F6yhWk2nk

XjqYlvUgJQ8

metallicat
06-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Holy crap July 15th! I had no idea it was so soon!

Ark2
06-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Season 5 teaser:

t0BuC2OrVIU

Displaced Flames fan
06-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Saw the thread was bumped and hoped to come in here and find that I had read July 15th by mistake and that it was actually starting June 15th.

But, alas, it is not so.

VANFLAMESFAN
06-13-2012, 04:16 PM
Aaron Paul‏@aaronpaul_8 (https://webmail.qs.ctv.ca/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://twitter.com/%23!/aaronpaul_8)
The final season of Breaking Bad will in fact be a BLOOD bath.

To Be Quite Honest
06-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Aaron Paul‏@aaronpaul_8 (https://webmail.qs.ctv.ca/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://twitter.com/%23%21/aaronpaul_8)
The final season of Breaking Bad will in fact be a BLOOD bath.

The final season of Breaking Bad will in fact be The WALKING DEAD.

MrMastodonFarm
06-13-2012, 05:36 PM
An amazing random video someone on the youtube made.
NuN-70bICR4

dirk diggler
06-14-2012, 07:49 AM
just finished watching season 4, loved it. would like to pick up a couple breaking bad shirts, other than online, do you know of a place in calgary that sells them? Thanks

Table 5
06-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Excellent timing....I just spent the last month re-watching all 4 seasons. Now I'm perfectly primed for the 5th season....can't wait!

YYC in LAX
06-19-2012, 08:10 AM
http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/breaking-bad-season-5-image-aaron-paul-byran-cranston.jpg

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/breaking-bad-season-5-image-byran-cranston.jpg http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/breaking-bad-season-5-image-aaron-paul.jpg

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/breaking-bad-season-5-image-aaron-paul-byran-cranston-1.jpg

Notorious Honey Badger
06-21-2012, 12:01 AM
If they do this season right breaking bad will go down as the best tv show ever done, imo of course

Eastern Girl
06-22-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm still not thrilled about them splitting up the final season into two shortened seasons.

I'm sure it will be good, but I would have preferred just one regular season, especially if they end up going another year long wait between seasons. It's too cruel.

The Big Chill
06-25-2012, 09:22 AM
What an epic series. I just finished watching season 4, and that finale was one of the best I've ever seen. Ranks right up there with the Sopranos for me.

3 Justin 3
06-27-2012, 02:23 AM
Just watched season 4 over the past three days. Freaking love this show. Walter White is one sick individual and I love him for it.

Flash Walken
06-29-2012, 09:33 AM
http://www.imagecrab.com/up/f71799e337d787c53de6f1356f40d070.gif

Ark2
07-02-2012, 10:51 AM
More of a proper trailer for season five:

cQLzGmpmSj4

Daradon
07-03-2012, 05:01 PM
90 second sneek peek of Season Five's first episode.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/02/breaking-bad-season-5-clip/

So excited. I can't remember being so excited for a show since I was a teenager and waiting for a new episode of X-Files with Smoking Man, heh.

MrMastodonFarm
07-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Walt's transition from out of luck loser to total bad ass is one of the best things on TV or film ever.

"We're done when I saw we're done"
"I'm the one who knocks"

eff ya you are walt.

Ashasx
07-04-2012, 12:43 AM
Just started watching this. On Episode 7. Simply an unreal show. I did not expect to like it at all.

Daradon
07-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Just started watching this. On Episode 7. Simply an unreal show. I did not expect to like it at all.

Hah, you gotta get caught up before the 15th! Believe me it can get a little addicting. I got my mom into the show and she just watched the last season and a half (19 episodes!) in a day! She's a teacher and just got her summer off. Because of her health, she generally takes the first week or two real easy before getting back into a regular groove again. Still though, I thought that was a little excessive, hah!

It's a fantastic show. Probably my favorite on TV right now. Even edging out Game of Thrones.

3 Justin 3
07-05-2012, 11:14 PM
wugY6HNLOCo

ranchlandsselling
07-06-2012, 12:12 AM
wugY6HNLOCo

F-me, I was wondering who that annoying new guy in Suits was....

Displaced Flames fan
07-06-2012, 07:18 AM
F-me, I was wondering who that annoying new guy in Suits was....

What a great addition to the show he's been so far. A hatable character, which that show did not have. How can you hate Louis? He's as close as there was.

MrMastodonFarm
07-08-2012, 11:20 AM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/376942_10151025111662722_34635987_n.jpg

Methanolic
07-08-2012, 12:24 PM
I have been, and will be "re-watching" the whole series in anticipation for next Sunday. I will be right back up to speed. Just finished seas. 2 and I gotta say, even though I already know what's going to happen in each episode, this show is so good that it matters not!

Very, very excited for the season premiere in 7 days.

LGA
07-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Just started watching it. Really good show so far.

Lobotroth
07-08-2012, 12:34 PM
I'm late to the party too, finished watching all episodes about a month ago. Gus is one of my all-time favorite characters, really well executed by Giancarlo Esposito.

I rate Mad Men and The Walking Dead above this show but not by much; just goes to show the quality of programming on AMC.

Mike F
07-08-2012, 04:30 PM
What a great addition to the show he's been so far. A hatable character, which that show did not have. How can you hate Louis? He's as close as there was.
I have to thank you for bringing that show to my attention. Watch season 1 over a couple of days and am starting season 2.

MrMastodonFarm
07-08-2012, 11:24 PM
I haven't been watching the replay of the series that amc has been doing nightly but noticed Half Measure was on, the second last episode of season 3..started recording the remainder of the episodes leading to Sunday.

Half measure is a great episode. The way this show plays off normal tv clichés is amazing. Walt Jr tries to give Hank a prep talk to motivate him to get out of the hospital, instead of the tired old inspiration moment Hank replies "yeah that's exactly it you little prick."

Later on It's a friendly hand job with his wife that gets him home.

Brilliant.

enthused
07-08-2012, 11:32 PM
I don't know what took me so long to start watching this show, but once I did I was hooked. I powered through four seasons in about 2 weeks. Can't wait for season 5, but I'm not looking forward to having to wait a week between each episode, I really liked being able to watch them continuously. But there is no way I can wait until the entire season is over before watching them. I am a sad, pathetically addicted Breaking Bad junkie.

MrMastodonFarm
07-08-2012, 11:34 PM
.... And oh yeah, out of nowhere Walt with a car kill.

MrMastodonFarm
07-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Run...!

Displaced Flames fan
07-09-2012, 01:00 PM
I haven't been watching the replay of the series that amc has been doing nightly but noticed Half Measure was on, the second last episode of season 3..started recording the remainder of the episodes leading to Sunday.

Half measure is a great episode. The way this show plays off normal tv clichés is amazing. Walt Jr tries to give Hank a prep talk to motivate him to get out of the hospital, instead of the tired old inspiration moment Hank replies "yeah that's exactly it you little prick."

Later on It's a friendly hand job with his wife that gets him home.

Brilliant.
I haven't been watching either but flipped over last night, saw that it was Half Measure that was on, and watched the whole episode again. So much brilliance!

I caught my son watching and loved his mouth dropping open at the last scene.

6 days!

MrMastodonFarm
07-10-2012, 05:55 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/339444_10151029584347722_1305981701_o.jpg

Flash Walken
07-10-2012, 06:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GIUSB.gif

Flash Walken
07-11-2012, 09:49 AM
http://i.imgur.com/evrOV.png

Can you tell I'm excited?

BlackEleven
07-11-2012, 07:50 PM
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/205238_10151032301147722_119853554_n.jpg

This one is awesome.

ClubFlames
07-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Just finished watching all the seasons. What an amazing show. Walt is a sick sick man and its fantastic.!

Can't wait till Sunday!

Jacks
07-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Can't believe we're less than a week away. I gotta try and watch the last season again to catch up.

With the way last season ended I have no idea where this will go.

3 Justin 3
07-13-2012, 02:11 AM
http://h11.abload.de/img/breaking20bad20charizmqjf9.gif

Flash Walken
07-13-2012, 12:13 PM
http://static.tvtome.com/images/genie_images/story/2012_usa/b/BreakingBad-Infographic.jpg

Lobotroth
07-13-2012, 01:42 PM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/602544_10151034591602722_1808520705_n.jpg

I F***ed Ted?

ClubFlames
07-13-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm f***ing terrible?

Daradon
07-13-2012, 02:16 PM
The first is correct. That is also the name (I.F.T.) of the episode where that happens.

Coys1882
07-13-2012, 03:14 PM
The first is correct. That is also the name (I.F.T.) of the episode where that happens.

That was such a good scene - she delivered that perfectly.

jhunt223
07-13-2012, 08:11 PM
God.. I hope Skylar dies a horrible death. The sight of her infuriates me.

Daradon
07-14-2012, 08:49 AM
So everyone all caught up? MMF? Ashasx?

Flash Walken
07-14-2012, 09:09 AM
Predictions:

So I've been thinking. Who is Gus Fring? He's the top guy at Chicken Bros, is Chilean, and used to supply a Mexican Drug Cartel. He has his business almost entirely legit on paper, working under the umbrella of several international companies.

He's able to procure expensive pieces of technology almost in secret and generally appeared to have more muscle, expertise and reach than a regional drug lord.

My prediction: There is another level above Gus that Walt and Hank have no clue about. Over the course of the season, Walt will help Hank (indirectly) come in with the biggest collar of his career. International Cartel.

I'm spinning in my chair, waiting patiently for tomorrow.

Daradon
07-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Predictions:

So I've been thinking. Who is Gus Fring? He's the top guy at Chicken Bros, is Chilean, and used to supply a Mexican Drug Cartel. He has his business almost entirely legit on paper, working under the umbrella of several international companies.

He's able to procure expensive pieces of technology almost in secret and generally appeared to have more muscle, expertise and reach than a regional drug lord.

My prediction: There is another level above Gus that Walt and Hank have no clue about. Over the course of the season, Walt will help Hank (indirectly) come in with the biggest collar of his career. International Cartel.

I'm spinning in my chair, waiting patiently for tomorrow.

Well...

We do know that the international conglomerate Madrigal (sp?) was supplying both the legit part of Pollos Hermanos and the illegal part. That came out when Hank was investigating. The air filtration unit that Gale ordered came from them and wasn't charged. There were other connections as well. So I think they'll be a part of it. Apparently their head office is in Germany I think but that doesn't have to be important.

Something could happen with Chilean connections for sure as well.

As far as other things go I think Hank finally finds out about Walt, probably as the half season cliffhanger, then has to decide what how he wants to handle it. Not as sure, but another idea I have is Jesse might find out about some of the things Walt has done to keep him around. Letting Jane die, poisoning Brock, etc. And maybe they end up on opposite sides for good, eventually setting up a showdown (and at least one death, lol)

Huntingwhale
07-14-2012, 06:12 PM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/breakingbad/25-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-breaking-61z6

So excited for tomorrow!!!

Kybosh
07-15-2012, 10:35 AM
I haven't read anything in this thead because I'm only about half way through season 3. FYI however, Netflix literally just put season 4 up.

Cheers.

Flash Walken
07-15-2012, 10:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/LJv5F.jpg

Ark2
07-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Holy #$%@ what a trailer!

VlvsE8fMHP4

Daradon
07-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Was going to settle in for a nice night at home after a long 10 days of Stampede and just watch this. But some poker buddies like it too. Long story short, wings, nachos, a tub of cold beer and it should be fun. Poker night without the poker.

RW99
07-15-2012, 05:11 PM
I haven't read anything in this thead because I'm only about half way through season 3. FYI however, Netflix literally just put season 4 up.

Cheers.

Haha, funny. I've been spending the last couple of weeks watching all the episodes so I could be caught up for the premiere tonight. First three on Netflix and I ummm acquired the fourth season a few days ago.

Can't wait!

GreatWhiteEbola
07-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Online streaming option for tonight's episode.

http://www.amctv.com/breakingbad4dish/

Daradon
07-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Online streaming option for tonight's episode.

http://www.amctv.com/breakingbad4dish/

For DISH. And states...

GreatWhiteEbola
07-15-2012, 05:30 PM
For DISH. And states...

I can't click a box and use 90210?

Daradon
07-15-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm not so smrt... :/ And I don't have a box.

GreatWhiteEbola
07-15-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm not so smrt... :/ And I don't have a box.

The box is to verify that you in fact want to watch the streaming video, saying something about a Dish network subscriber, I didn't really read it...I just confirmed.

It asks for a ZIP code, I don't have one so I used the ZIP code from a district in California and from a popular television program.

This may not be for everyone, I don't have access to AMC at the moment, so I'm joining the DISH Network subscribers in their cause! (or rather AMC in it's cause...)

MrMastodonFarm
07-15-2012, 05:50 PM
For DISH. And states...

Yeah, AMC is doing this to put pressure on the DishNetwork that has dropped AMC. Give the first episode out to Dish network customers online and hope they put more pressure on Dish to get AMC back.

Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Mad Men. AMC is doing great stuff.

Displaced Flames fan
07-15-2012, 06:30 PM
I stopped the trailer. Can't do it!

GreatWhiteEbola
07-15-2012, 07:34 PM
So far so good...
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7209/breakingbadstream.jpg

megatron
07-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Great first episode!

I wonder if the laptop actually got destroyed (looks like it did) and what they'll find out about Gus' Cayman bank accounts.

I love this show! :w00t:

BlackRedGold25
07-15-2012, 09:30 PM
The episode was great but many of the big lines in it were rather predictable and pedestrian.

Instead of "I am the one who knocks" we get "you know when they say it's been a pleasure... well it hasn't" or "we're done when I say we're done".

I'm really curious about the first scene with a very hairy Walt buying the bigass gun.

MrMastodonFarm
07-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Instead of "I am the one who knocks" we get "you know when they say it's been a pleasure... well it hasn't" or "we're done when I say we're done".

"You know I can foresee a lot of possible outcomes for this thing and not a single one of them involves Miller Time. "

BlackRedGold25
07-15-2012, 09:55 PM
"You know I can foresee a lot of possible outcomes for this thing and not a single one of them involves Miller Time. "

Yeah that was a good one and so was Jesse's "Magnets..........!!!" with the hand gestures. Loved seeing Mr Henkels from Friends as the junkyard owner again.

Mike F
07-15-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm really curious about the first scene with a very hairy Walt buying the bigass gun.
I suspect we'll have a series of flash-forwards hinting at the end game much like we did in season 2 which foreshadowed the plane crash that ended the season

Earlier in the thread I was arguing that Walt would redeem himself. Obviously I was way off - he's drinking his own kool-aid and sees himself as an unstoppable kingpin.

Table 5
07-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Walter started coughing in the first scene....which means his cancer is back at some point. We all know that in the movies, any time someone coughs, it means they will be dead soon!

Notorious Honey Badger
07-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Good start to the season.

I think the question I have is... has( edit. argh. walt too far gone?

MrMastodonFarm
07-15-2012, 10:18 PM
Good start to the season.

I think the question I have is... is walt too far gone?

The whole poisoning a child thing might have been the line.

The guys journey in this show is him going from good guy to bad, anyone looking for redemption from Walt is going to be disappointed I think. It's a journey of a sympathetic loser to brutal evil guy.

nik-
07-15-2012, 10:23 PM
Yeah, this show isn't a Darth Vader arc, it's a Tony Montana arc. The opening of the episode is going to hang like a pall over this season though ... no matter what happens, we know that soon enough he's likely really sick again (judging by how thin he was, and coughing) and that he needs to buy a machine gun with several hundred rounds of ammunition.

Coys1882
07-15-2012, 10:39 PM
What did he say in the classroom that day about chemistry? It is growth, then decay, then transformation or something like that - foreshadowing of himself maybe? He's definately decaying right now.

BlackRedGold25
07-15-2012, 10:39 PM
I wonder if Walt using the NH identity, and presumably hiding out there because of the POS Volvo with NH plates, means at the time of the scene Hank and the police are on to him. It would also explain the hair and the beard along with why he is by himself on his birthday.

Or maybe associates of Gus are after him. And that's who is going to use the weaponry on.

Mike F
07-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Someone is certainly after him. You don't buy that gun to hunt pheasants.

MrMastodonFarm
07-15-2012, 11:09 PM
That scene reminded me to get a free Breakfast in a couple weeks.

Wormius
07-15-2012, 11:48 PM
I wonder if Walt using the NH identity, and presumably hiding out there because of the POS Volvo with NH plates, means at the time of the scene Hank and the police are on to him. It would also explain the hair and the beard along with why he is by himself on his birthday.

Or maybe associates of Gus are after him. And that's who is going to use the weaponry on.

Or maybe Jesse. Assuming they are foreshadowing his, and the series end, I think it would be appropriate for it to be Jesse taking over/exacting revenge for Brock, Jane, etc.

d_phaneuf
07-15-2012, 11:50 PM

my 2nd favorite part line of the episode after

yeah bitch, magnets

MrMastodonFarm
07-15-2012, 11:52 PM
my 2nd favorite part line of the episode after

yeah bitch, magnets

When Walt glanced back at Mike when the junk yard guy mentioned possible hip problems was hilarious too.

Wormius
07-15-2012, 11:57 PM
Maybe nit-picking, but what really stood out was Mike with the philips screwdriver bypassing the gate. I know it's down in New Mexico and its not a huge police force or population, but surely if it's necessary to have the screws exposed to anybody that would try to open that, at least use some kind of tamper-proof screws. It really took me out of the moment with that deux ex machina that could have been a hair more realistic at least.

d_phaneuf
07-16-2012, 12:03 AM
Yeah, this show isn't a Darth Vader arc, it's a Tony Montana arc. The opening of the episode is going to hang like a pall over this season though ... no matter what happens, we know that soon enough he's likely really sick again (judging by how thin he was, and coughing) and that he needs to buy a machine gun with several hundred rounds of ammunition.

I wonder how close it's going to be

when they have down flashforward type stuff in the cold open's it paid off that season, but with this 16 episode split being considered 1 season

also he turned 50 in the pilot, and in interviews they have said it's been about a year since then, based on his bacon he turned 52

d_phaneuf
07-16-2012, 12:07 AM
how pissed would Walt Jr be that his dad had breakfast without him

nik-
07-16-2012, 12:15 AM
I wonder how close it's going to be

when they have down flashforward type stuff in the cold open's it paid off that season, but with this 16 episode split being considered 1 season

also he turned 50 in the pilot, and in interviews they have said it's been about a year since then, based on his bacon he turned 52

I hope a year in these 8 episodes and the next 8 of a war ... that would do. I'm really not a fan of this split they're doing.

Daradon
07-16-2012, 04:05 AM
Also, he spells/patterns the symbol 'OMEGA' with his bacon in the opening scene. A hint into his state of mind, 'the end'.

Maybe they tie it in and it has even more importance, perhaps in some chemistry equation or something, but at the least, he pretty much says, 'the end' with his bacon.

Mmmm, bacon...

AC
07-16-2012, 05:23 AM
Also, he spells/patterns the symbol 'OMEGA' with his bacon in the opening scene. A hint into his state of mind, 'the end'.

Maybe they tie it in and it has even more importance, perhaps in some chemistry equation or something, but at the least, he pretty much says, 'the end' with his bacon.

Mmmm, bacon...
Forgiveness if you were joking. But its 52, his age.
A callback to Skyler doing this with the veggie bacon previously:
http://i.imgur.com/qM3yH.jpg

Daradon
07-16-2012, 05:31 AM
Perhaps both? Or yes, maybe an insight into how much time has elapsed.

'It's my birthday'.

Fair enough. I would be an awesome show writer though. EDIT: And nerds would drool.

Notorious Honey Badger
07-16-2012, 08:01 AM
i think daradon is on to something. rarely does the show include things that dont carry meaning, or at least more meaning than meets the eye. why not be both 52 and a foreshadowing of the end?

getbak
07-16-2012, 08:13 AM
The 4th episode of this season is titled "51", so that's likely his 51st birthday. That means that everything we've seen so far has taken place in less than a year, and the opening scene of this season takes place more than a year away.

It's also interesting that when he found out he had cancer, the doctor told him that with treatment, he'd live less than 2 more years.

fredr123
07-16-2012, 08:29 AM
Dammit. I missed the cold opening before the title credits and was hoping (yah right) I could live without seeing those first five minutes or so. Stupid bacon.

YYC in LAX
07-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Interesting that he would use his real birthday on a fake ID, if that's the case.

East Coast Flame
07-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Maybe nit-picking, but what really stood out was Mike with the philips screwdriver bypassing the gate. I know it's down in New Mexico and its not a huge police force or population, but surely if it's necessary to have the screws exposed to anybody that would try to open that, at least use some kind of tamper-proof screws. It really took me out of the moment with that deux ex machina that could have been a hair more realistic at least.

You're complaining the screws not making it realistic, how about the fact that they used A GIANT FREAKING MAGNET TO DESTROY EVIDENCE IN A POLICE LOCKER?

That was ridiculous. I hate how they have these ridiculous plot devices sometimes to get around loose ends. I love the show, but I get really frustrated sometimes.

Flash Walken
07-16-2012, 10:13 AM
You're complaining the screws not making it realistic, how about the fact that they used A GIANT FREAKING MAGNET TO DESTROY EVIDENCE IN A POLICE LOCKER?

That was ridiculous. I hate how they have these ridiculous plot devices sometimes to get around loose ends. I love the show, but I get really frustrated sometimes.

I thought that was a pretty novel plot device, actually.

fredr123
07-16-2012, 10:13 AM

The XKCD guy needs to tackle the GIANT FREAKING MAGNET theory in his next blog post.

Tinordi
07-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Wasn't a big fan of that actually. They just wrote themselves a get out of jail free card with Walt saying "everything's untraceable." Uh huh? Really?

A huge electromagnet clearly used in junk yards and wreckers with 20 car batteries rigged up to it. Hmm, wonder where that could have come from. Police go down to the two, at most three, junkyards in the area and notice if there are any brand new electromagnets in use. I mean maybe you could get around it but the police will be hot on that scent trail.

aaronck
07-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Wasn't a big fan of that actually. They just wrote themselves a get out of jail free card with Walt saying "everything's untraceable." Uh huh? Really?

A huge electromagnet clearly used in junk yards and wreckers with 20 car batteries rigged up to it. Hmm, wonder where that could have come from. Police go down to the two, at most three, junkyards in the area and notice if there are any brand new electromagnets in use. I mean maybe you could get around it but the police will be hot on that scent trail.

I sort of saw it as Walt showing Mike that he was "the man" now. Did Mike ask Gus a lot of questions about plans and orders? Nope, I think he did pretty much what Gus asked, no questions asked.

Wormius
07-16-2012, 12:40 PM
I sort of saw it as Walt showing Mike that he was "the man" now. Did Mike ask Gus a lot of questions about plans and orders? Nope, I think he did pretty much what Gus asked, no questions asked.

That seemed to be a major theme from the episode, between his interaction with Mike and Saul.

To be fair, Saul just realized now that Gus was dead. He will take some time to adjust to the fact that the chain of command has almost reversed itself on him.

YYC in LAX
07-16-2012, 02:42 PM
The XKCD guy needs to tackle the GIANT FREAKING MAGNET theory in his next blog post.

I hope Mythbusters conduct this experiment in the near future.

Igottago
07-16-2012, 03:00 PM

We don't know that the police won't be on that trail. Maybe Walt is getting overconfident. Perhaps the police will have something to go on in the next few episodes.

corporatejay
07-16-2012, 03:34 PM
We don't know that the police won't be on that trail. Maybe Walt is getting overconfident. Perhaps the police will have something to go on in the next few episodes.

That was my thinking as well. Of c ourse its traceable, it could just be showing how over-confident/arrogant walt is. All it will do is lead the police to Heizenberg.

Table 5
07-16-2012, 04:24 PM

They do...remember the note that they found in the broken picture frame.

Daradon
07-16-2012, 04:33 PM

Actually I wonder if that WILL come back to haunt him. They did make a bit of a deal about the truck being left behind. It might be his hubris coming back to get him when he's so confident that it is untraceable.

If they really wanted to give them a clean getaway, the could have written it into the script easy enough. I think they might use it in a plot point actually.

BlackRedGold25
07-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Actually I wonder if that WILL come back to haunt him. They did make a bit of a deal about the truck being left behind. It might be his hubris coming back to get him when he's so confident that it is untraceable.

If they really wanted to give them a clean getaway, the could have written it into the script easy enough. I think they might use it in a plot point actually.

I think it was done more to show the progression of Walt in comparing how he reacted to this successful scheme that didn't go perfectly smoothly with his earlier successful scheme that didn't go smoothly when he and Jesse stole the chemicals. Walt is far more confident and smug.

Daradon
07-16-2012, 04:52 PM
The one thing that did disappoint me a bit was the length. A 42 minute run time and that was WITH 'last season on Breaking Bad' roundup.

The episodes are getting shorter. Filling 16 won't be hard if they're all short. :/

BlackRedGold25
07-16-2012, 05:15 PM
The one thing that did disappoint me a bit was the length. A 42 minute run time and that was WITH 'last season on Breaking Bad' roundup.

The episodes are getting shorter. Filling 16 won't be hard if they're all short. :/

Would you have preferred it if they had added a five minute scene of Walter Junior eating cereal?

Daradon
07-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Would you have preferred it if they had added a five minute scene of Walter Junior eating cereal?

Heh maybe. I just wish it was longer. All of my buddies and I couldn't believe it when it ended, felt it shoulda been longer.

Course that's the sign of a good show. Still felt like it just got rolling and then it ended. Maybe I just built it up a little too much in the recent weeks.

Displaced Flames fan
07-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Ratings were outstanding of course.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/16/breaking-bad-ratings-2/?hpt=hp_t3

Ashasx
07-16-2012, 08:11 PM
So everyone all caught up? MMF? Ashasx?

I just finished the 4th season tonight, and then watched the season premiere that I had recorded.

I just love this show. So much fun. Never have has a television series been able to draw me in with all these choices that Walt has to make. Just fantastic.

Glad I'm caught up, and looking forward to next Sunday.

Huntingwhale
07-16-2012, 09:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/E3zZg.jpg

Epic episode. I can already feel this season is gonna be crazy!!

Mike F
07-17-2012, 09:35 AM
One thing that I've seen pointed out in reviews of the first episode is that one of the most tantalizing thing about the cold open was that it showed a very different Walter - the arrogance and extreme self confidence that he showed in the rest of the episode was nowhere to be seen and he seemed somewhat beaten as he stared at his birthday breakfast.

There's a big fall in store for Walter White, and it's not going to be a Soprano's-esque last scene fall. He's going to experience it fully and have to live with it for at least a while.

FlamesAddiction
07-17-2012, 10:10 AM
One thing that I've seen pointed out in reviews of the first episode is that one of the most tantalizing thing about the cold open was that it showed a very different Walter - the arrogance and extreme self confidence that he showed in the rest of the episode was nowhere to be seen and he seemed somewhat beaten as he stared at his birthday breakfast.

There's a big fall in store for Walter White, and it's not going to be a Soprano's-esque last scene fall. He's going to experience it fully and have to live with it for at least a while.

One thing the writers have hinted at is that if anyone still has sympathy for Walt even after poisoning the child (I do), they won't after some other things happen in this season. I take this to mean that he does something to outright betray someone and cause their demise.

I am guessing it's Hank. In the first episode, you could tell by the way his son was going on about "Hank the hero" and it irritated Walt, that the writers are going to play that angle again.

Mike F
07-17-2012, 11:07 AM
One thing the writers have hinted at is that if anyone still has sympathy for Walt even after poisoning the child (I do), they won't after some other things happen in this season. I take this to mean that he does something to outright betray someone and cause their demise.

I am guessing it's Hank. In the first episode, you could tell by the way his son was going on about "Hank the hero" and it irritated Walt, that the writers are going to play that angle again.
Could be he does something to Hank or it could be his actions finally cause collateral damage to his family, like Walt Jr.

Table 5
07-17-2012, 11:17 AM
I really hope nothing happens to Hank. You gotta love that guy.

MrMastodonFarm
07-17-2012, 11:25 AM
I wonder if we've even passed the one year mark in the shows time line. If they have Walt is only barely 51. At some point I season four Walt was at the hospital for a check up and mentioned how he had been battling Cancer for "the better part of a year". If so his 52nd birthday is far off and plenty to happen before we see Walt with that machine gun.

d_phaneuf
07-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Episode four of this season is entitled 'fifty one'

guessing that may be the 1 year mark

fredr123
07-17-2012, 12:58 PM
I wonder if we've even passed the one year mark in the shows time line. If they have Walt is only barely 51. At some point I season four Walt was at the hospital for a check up and mentioned how he had been battling Cancer for "the better part of a year". If so his 52nd birthday is far off and plenty to happen before we see Walt with that machine gun.

This may have been posted before: http://www.movieweb.com/news/breaking-bad-may-hit-the-big-screen-after-season-5-finale

In the interview, Cranston says:

Vince (Gilligan) feels that now we have too much story. We could actually go beyond those 16 episodes. It's not far-fetched. I wouldn't mind visiting that possibility. And this is coming from a guy who doesn't know anything of how the show's going to end. If it doesn't end up in a total apocalypse, who knows? Maybe we could revisit Walter White a year down the road and see where his life has gone. If he's still alive, that is

It looks like we already have visited Walter White a year down the road and got a small glimpse into where his life has gone.

Flash Walken
07-18-2012, 01:45 PM
I think Walt's final act has to be finally betraying Jesse, and killing Hank.

That will complete the transformation. Those are really the only 2 taboos left.

Tinordi
07-18-2012, 03:02 PM
He has basically already betrayed Jesse.

And I think it's more vague than killing Hank but betraying his family. No matter what decisions Walt makes he justifies them out of some perverse sense of protection for his family. I think he'll end up using them for his own personal gain most likely pitting one of them (his son) against Hank his pursuer.

The interesting thing about Walt is that he's incredibly egotistical and almost all of the important decisions he makes about his own vanity and pride. He could have just accepted his friends' money for the treatment and the show would have been all over. But he didn't because of his own pride. He didn't 'need' to cook meth at all, there were other options, but he got a taste of feeling important and never let it go.

When they start the charity drive to launder the money Walt laments that no one will know that he actually earned that money and then dismisses it as a bad idea.

There's many many other examples.

Displaced Flames fan
07-18-2012, 03:34 PM

And I think it's more vague than killing Hank but betraying his family. No matter what decisions Walt makes he justifies them out of some perverse sense of protection for his family. I think he'll end up using them for his own personal gain most likely pitting one of them (his son) against Hank his pursuer.

The interesting thing about Walt is that he's incredibly egotistical and almost all of the important decisions he makes about his own vanity and pride. He could have just accepted his friends' money for the treatment and the show would have been all over. But he didn't because of his own pride. He didn't 'need' to cook meth at all, there were other options, but he got a taste of feeling important and never let it go.

When they start the charity drive to launder the money Walt laments that no one will know that he actually earned that money and then dismisses it as a bad idea.

Great post.

Obviously I agree. These decisions are made by someone who was very capable of greatness, chose a less challenging and rewarding road in life and now very obviously regrets not having achieved all that he was capable of now that his life has an expiration date.

It's fascinating stuff.

BlackEleven
07-18-2012, 03:36 PM

I agree with your assessment. They've really been driving home the point about Walt Jr. idolizing Hank. I think we'll probably see Walt Jr. become closer with Hank as the season goes on -- maybe just asking a lot of questions about his investigation or perhaps running some errands for him/helping out or maybe even deciding to emulate him and joining some kind of law enforcement himself. Whatever the case I think we'll see more and more fracturing between Walt and his family.

Ark2
07-18-2012, 04:52 PM

I disagree with this to an extent. While he denied his friend's money out of pride, part of the reason that he got into cooking meth was so that he could leave money for his family over and above what he would require for his treatment. Has he taken their money, that still would have left a pretty big void in terms of the kind of money that his family would need after he died (something that Walt pretty much seemed to figure was a foregone conclusion when he first got into cooking meth in the first place).

Daradon
07-18-2012, 05:14 PM

You are bang on. I've already mentioned these sorts of things to other people I discuss the show with and I think you are 100% correct.

And for the ways he's betrayed Jesse there's the time he let Jane die, there was the poisoning of Brock. But there were all these small things too. Like in the very first season when he steals Jesse's gun to protect himself.

He's saved him a few times of course too, but outside of the dealer running over thing, all those times had something to do with him as well. Even when he's refusing to work cause Jesse isn't there, he's not doing it cause he's worried about Jesse, or at least primarily. It almost seems like he's doing it cause he wants to call some of the shots after his confrontation with Gus. They way he brings the laundry ladies in to do his cleaning is proof of that. He had every idea that it would piss Gus off and would probably be bad news for the ladies, but he does it anyway. In fact he rocked the boat way more times than he needs to.

He can't help himself, he has to be in control, and even if his own life is in danger or those around him he'll make dumb decisions to appease his ego and pride.

He is addicted to being in control, being on top, and he's even liking the danger in the lifestyle. They showed that in season one with how it increased his sex drive.

What I think may happen is that Jesse finds out about Jane or Brock or just what Walt has done to try and run his life or keep him close and he himself is the one who decides to turn against him.

In fact, since the whole series is pretty much about the relationship between Walt and Jesse, how fitting and how dark would it be if Jesse is the one who pulls the trigger on Walt.

Regarding Hank, I think he finds out about Walt for the half season cliffhanger. Then has to make some serious decisions.

Methanolic
07-18-2012, 05:42 PM
I've been following this thread closely, Forgive me if the context of the quote below has been mentioned here before as this is news to me!

from: http://betterwithpopcorn.com/blog/george-prax/tv-news/comic-con-2012-breaking-bad-season-5-trailer

The producers and cast have repeatedly promised that the season will be explosive, and from the mouth of Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul themselves, it's going to be a "bloodbath", unlikely to end well for anyone, except for the fans, of course, who will be "####ting uncontrollably." Creator Vince Gilligan himself said that we should "expect more German accents than Spanish" as the season starts, as it was revealed that they will be heading to Germany for the second episode.

Perhaps the flash forward in episode one suggesting a showdown between Walt and "The Germans" ? ?