PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

Yamer
09-30-2013, 03:50 PM
Here's one of those "what's wrong with humanity" stats... Big Bang Theory from 6:30-7 on Thursday averaged over 20 million viewers.

Broader appeal and access. I would also wager a guess that a good 1/4 - 1/3 of those viewers weren't nearly as engaged in the program as the audience watching Breaking Bad were.

VANFLAMESFAN
09-30-2013, 04:10 PM
Slept on it and thought about the ending some more and I guess I found the relatively predictable ending completely unpredictable given Gilligan's ways of shocking us in the past.

So I guess im coming away kinda surprised which is a good thing. My initial reaction was good, not great. I'm thinking that I'm starting to come around to the masses here a little bit more.

Wormius
09-30-2013, 04:19 PM
I wished they cut to lydia one more time after he mentioned the ricin. I'll buy the bluray if it's in the deleted scenes!

Didn't they? Or you mean after he hung up the phone and the news sunk in more?

jschick88
09-30-2013, 04:58 PM
‘Breaking Bad’ may be over, but fans can still get a lifetime fix of Walt and Jesse through reruns – and by bidding on iconic props, costumes and other gear from the hit AMC series in an online auction through ScreenBid. Bids opened Sunday morning and will be accepted until Oct. 7.

http://nypost.com/2013/09/30/buy-a-piece-of-breaking-bad/?utm_source=SFnewyorkpost&utm_medium=SFnewyorkpost

MrMastodonFarm
09-30-2013, 05:12 PM
At this point I can't add what hasn't already been said but of all the things I'll miss from this show it might be the beautiful cinematography and the creative choices that were used. It was a beautiful show at times.

http://i.minus.com/iHX7K4aVMR0EN.gif

Regulator75
09-30-2013, 05:21 PM
Brent Rambo also approves.
http://i.imgur.com/LF4vujr.gif

TurnedTheCorner
09-30-2013, 05:57 PM
Here's one of those "what's wrong with humanity" stats... Big Bang Theory from 6:30-7 on Thursday averaged over 20 million viewers.
AMC isn't as widely available as CBS. That should be fairly obvious.

Acey
09-30-2013, 06:04 PM
AMC isn't as widely available as CBS. That should be fairly obvious.

Yeah, it's obvious; I wrote a paper on TV ratings so I have an idea of how they were. Simply making a quantity =/= quality remark.

Eastern Girl
09-30-2013, 06:10 PM
I liked the ending.

They never answered the question of why Skylar smoked while she was pregnant? And Marie's shoplifting? Why was that stuff in the show? Why dammit?

I thought it was clear from the beginning of the episode that Walt was going to die. The show seemed to just have that feel to it, that he was saying goodbyes, not because he was going to kill everyone and then go back on the run, or get arrested and go to prison. He was preparing for his death. It made everything seem that much more poignant and heart wrenching.

I thought at the end he was going to blow up the lab, which would have been a fitting death for him, killed by the science he loved so dearly. I was happy with the way it happened though, him surrounded by the science he loved. The song played was perfect, 'got what I deserved.' Perfect fit.

I liked how for the whole series, Jesse seemed to look at Walt as a father figure and this was the first episode where Walt really lived up to that, by jumping on Jesse.

I liked that Jesse finally freed himself from Walt's manipulation, by not shooting him, which seemed to be what Walt wanted.

I think the scene that broke my heart the most was Walt watching Walt Jr through the windows. I think he really did value his relationship with him and it was heartbreaking that he died knowing his son hated him and he never got to say his goodbyes.

I liked the ending, one of my favourite shows, very satisfying.

"I did it for me. I was good at it. And I was really... I was really alive."

Regulator75
09-30-2013, 06:15 PM
They never answered the question of why Skylar smoked while she was pregnant? And Marie's shoplifting? Why was that stuff in the show? Why dammit?

Bitches be crazy? Or just random filler.

GreatWhiteEbola
09-30-2013, 06:16 PM
Yeah, it's obvious; I wrote a paper on TV ratings so I have an idea of how they were. Simply making a quantity =/= quality remark.

Ohhhhh, that's something I would like to read.....

Great show, I will be re-watching it shortly as the GF has never watched an episode.

Jacks
09-30-2013, 06:16 PM
Skylar smoked to deal with stress and Marie is a basketcase.

WilderPegasus
09-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Skylar smoked to deal with stress and Marie is a basketcase.

I thought Skyler's shoplifting led to Hank getting the file on Gale's murder. Without that file he never would have figured out Walt. Maybe they just wanted to show how Hank deals with his wife doing illegal things. Although they might have had some other storyline planned out for Marie's kleptomania but decided to drop it.

Regulator75
09-30-2013, 06:47 PM
http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/BB_400-1.gif

edn88
09-30-2013, 07:04 PM
I started watching the show just as Season 5A was winding down, so binge watched all of the episodes on Netflix, watched season 5A on Itunes, then watched 5B realtime.

Sadly, a lot of the symbolism and color themes were lost on me and for me is was real compelling television - much of the detail that was included seemed to make it more real - to me it felt like real people acting how they really would had they been put in some of those situations, and that made it more fascinating for me.

As for the finale, other than wanting to know what would happen to Jesse and who would be the ricin recipient, I was just along for the ride, curious to see where the journey would go. Like all fiction, a suspension of disbelief was required to enjoy the finale but for me it was about the truth of the actions of the characters, rather than about whether an automated remote control machine gun would work like that. From the Breaking Bad reality, it did work, and there was as much closure as you could expect.

I like that there were lots of little bits left unresolved - kind of like life...

Breaking Bad was the best show on AMC and I miss it already.

jroc
09-30-2013, 07:23 PM

Screw those questions... Did Todd bang Lydia or not?!?!?!

trackercowe
09-30-2013, 07:28 PM
I liked how they were calling Walt Jr. Flynn now, because he no longer wants to be named after his dad (or at least I assume). BB had very solid attention to details throughout the series, and this is just another sign of that.

InSutterWeTrust
09-30-2013, 07:37 PM
Having issues posting.

InSutterWeTrust
09-30-2013, 07:39 PM
Double Post

InSutterWeTrust
09-30-2013, 07:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4ymZvcN.png

1stLand
09-30-2013, 08:03 PM
The best show ever made.

I hope this inspires wannabe gangsters and thugs to get an education and read more.

Walter White was a badass gangster not because he did B&E's and acted gangster. He was a badass gangster because he was intelligent.

The Finale was the best episode of the series

d_phaneuf
09-30-2013, 08:23 PM
I liked it, the complaint about it being too 'clean' is surprising, it's always been the way the show goes

Walt's plans at the end of seasons have always really worked, the show builds to a crescendo and then just executes it flawlessly

icecube
09-30-2013, 08:53 PM
The only show I've loved as much as Seinfeld.

All due respect to The Wire, The Sopranos etc., but for me Breaking Bad is greatest of all time.

CalgaryFan1988
09-30-2013, 09:45 PM
One thing I was thinking of today.....

He died in the lab, along with the production of the blue meth. Now nobody would ever think it was someone other than him producing it.

In a way, dying the way he did, it fulfilled his ego one last time.

MikaelBacklund
09-30-2013, 10:32 PM
Iunno why but when he was in the lab on the last scene, I was really hoping he would just get suuuuper high off his own supply and understand what the hype was for.

Loved this entire season and it'll go down as one my top 3 shows of all time. Now only 179 days till Game of Thrones is back:D

Daradon
09-30-2013, 10:52 PM
One thing I was thinking of today.....

He died in the lab, along with the production of the blue meth. Now nobody would ever think it was someone other than him producing it.

In a way, dying the way he did, it fulfilled his ego one last time.

That's a cool thought, and for a second I was nodding along with you, but there are a bunch of dead nazi's in the compound too, probably just across the lane. The cops are going to know they were involved somehow.

But yeah, he can still look like the mastermind.

Iunno why but when he was in the lab on the last scene, I was really hoping he would just get suuuuper high off his own supply and understand what the hype was for.

Part of me was thinking that too, but it just wouldn't have been Walt. It did pop into my heads though.

Wormius
10-01-2013, 01:50 AM
Streaming of Bad Finger's "Baby Blue" up 9000% according to NME.

djsFlames
10-01-2013, 02:41 AM
Walt getting high off his own supply as he died would have been an awesome "no way!" moment to finish it all off. After taking care of everything, he does one more thing that is by far the most out of character for him. Would be almost funny, yet very somber and fitting in a weird way. Would show just how far he's gone off the 'bad' end. Could have been a little twist that wouldn't have altered how cleanly everything wrapped up.

I hope that this idea at least crossed Vince's mind once sitting in the writers room. I'm sure it did.

KTrain
10-01-2013, 05:49 AM
It would have been too uncharacteristic of Walt to start smoking meth. Especially in the lab. It was always a sterile environment for Walt. He wouldn't let Jesse smoke a cigarette in there.

Brannigans Law
10-01-2013, 06:22 AM
Bryan Cranston did a masterful job in this series. His portrail of Walter White was amazing, in particular in Ozymandias. His anguish and pain when he pleaded for Skylers understanding that he tried to save Hank will, as weird as this sounds because it's just a TV show, always kind of haunt me. In that show Walt truly lost everything. I felt terrible for him.

That's truly great acting and writing when you feel sympathy for a made up character.

HalifaxDrunk
10-01-2013, 06:54 AM
7E-s8srPxW4

Dynamic
10-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Even though Walt got Jesse into everything, the only reason Jesse was alive at the end because he cooking Walts way. I remember at the start when he was teaching a bunch of disinterested high school kids. Jesse, the bad student, actually listened and became a talented cook.

FlamesAddiction
10-01-2013, 08:13 AM
Even though Walt got Jesse into everything, the only reason Jesse was alive at the end because he cooking Walts way. I remember at the start when he was teaching a bunch of disinterested high school kids. Jesse, the bad student, actually listened and became a talented cook.

He actually got Jesse to apply himself in life and to get satisfaction from achieving things instead of just from getting high. When Walt met Jesse, Jesse was already on a slow path to self-destruction. There are definitely 2 ways to look at how Walt influenced Jesse's life. If Walt hadn't become involved with Jesse, there is a good chance that Jesse would already be dead or in jail.

WilderPegasus
10-01-2013, 08:18 AM

While most focus on Walt's transformation over the series Jesse had just as big of a transformation. Does anyone ever remember Captain Cook complete with vanity plates and his trademark chile added to his meth? The guy who when Walt gave him some money to get a vehicle to cook in he went and spent it on showing off with wild partying?

By the end of the series Jesse didn't want anything to do with being The Man. He didn't want the money. He didn't want the wild partying. He continued to drive around the beat up Corolla even when Walt bought a flashy new car.

Yamer
10-01-2013, 08:37 AM
Just saw this comment on the Breaking Bad Facebook page:

"Breaking Bad was 62 episodes. The 62nd element on the periodic table is samarium. Samarium is used 2 treat lung cancer. Every little detail."

Flame On
10-01-2013, 10:33 AM
People talk about how Walt had nothing in the end to redeem him and he was all monster and I don't buy that at all. I mean I think ultimately he did think he was doing it all for the family (and for the recognition of course and ego) but at the end he knew that Skylar needed to hear him admit it was all for him. And he gave her that. (and we're left to interpret whether i actually felt that)
Not to mention the get out of jail card of the coordinates.

I like how in the end, every character; a bit like Game of Thrones, is a shade of grey rather than a non realistic black or white. ALL the characters had their issues and some you hated you ended up liking and some you liked you hated a bit more.
I mean in the end bumbling Saul was even the most smart of them all really and knew when to get out and move on.
Agreed the details are unbelievable.

Maritime Q-Scout
10-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Quick question. Skylar's smoking. I'm trying to remember if the mentioned how it used to be. I vaguely recall saying she quit and started up again just after she became pregnant with Holly.

I always assumed that her smoking was the cause of Walt Jr's illness (I honestly have no idea if that's even possible) but could her smoking have been the root cause of Walt's lung cancer? I'd have to rewatch to come up with a theory to agree or disagree but it's a theory I heard today and assume that someone/people here could comment off the top of their heads.

Bertuzzied
10-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Quick question. Skylar's smoking. I'm trying to remember if the mentioned how it used to be. I vaguely recall saying she quit and started up again just after she became pregnant with Holly.

I always assumed that her smoking was the cause of Walt Jr's illness (I honestly have no idea if that's even possible) but could her smoking have been the root cause of Walt's lung cancer? I'd have to rewatch to come up with a theory to agree or disagree but it's a theory I heard today and assume that someone/people here could comment off the top of their heads.

hahaha. what a wacked up show. I can forgive walt for destroying his family, getting Hank killed, wanting Jesse dead, plotting hits against multiple people, and ruining thousands of people's lives with blue meth, but i will never forgive Skylar for smoking in a car with a baby inside!!!

Wormius
10-01-2013, 12:58 PM
A good post-mortem on the finale on EW.

You’ve now had a few minutes to gather your breath, wipe away the tears and start to process that brutal and poignant series finale of Breaking Bad. Whether your predictions were on the money barrel or off-base, you will most certainly want to read what series creator Vince Gilligan had to say about this satiating last-ever episode, which saw the fall of meth kingpin Walter White (Bryan Cranston).

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/30/breaking-bad-finale-vince-gilligan/?cnn=yes

corporatejay
10-01-2013, 01:33 PM
A good post-mortem on the finale on EW.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/30/breaking-bad-finale-vince-gilligan/?cnn=yes

I refuse to read EW since on their main feed they live tweeted the finale like it was a reality TV show. F*** them.

Daradon
10-01-2013, 03:41 PM

Pretty sure smoking while pregnant doesn't cause CP (Cerebral Palsy or CalgaryPuck)

I think I remember Marie, when she found out about Skyler's smoking, saying she hadn't done it since she was young. So she might have quit even before she met Walt or got pregnant. Either way, it wouldn't cause CP. I guess it could contribute to lung cancer, but we have no proof she ever smoked in the early or latter years of the family (except when she started back up of course). So Walt probably got it elsewhere. You do hear of non-smokers picking it up every once in a while. Cancer is just as much a genetic risk as it is a lifestyle risk.

If smoking really was part of it, it actually would make more sense Walt's parents smoked around him when he was young. Both for the fact that historically that makes more sense, and medically it would probably do more damage to a child than an adult. We also know Walt's dad died from an illness, though I can't remember what it was, or if they ever mentioned it. As far as the story goes though, we obviously don't know if his parents were smokers.

FlamesAddiction
10-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Pretty sure smoking while pregnant doesn't cause CP (Cerebral Palsy or CalgaryPuck)

It is not proven to directly cause CP, but it is proven to cause low birth weights and increase the chance of premature labor which is often a contributing factor to complications that cause CP.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20110712/Maternal-smoking-during-pregnancy-causes-serious-birth-defects.aspx

http://www.cerebralpalsysource.com/About_CP/prevent_cp/index.html

Daradon
10-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Just for argument/clarification I looked up causes for cerebral palsy. This is from the Mayo Clinic's website...

Cerebral palsy is caused by an abnormality or disruption in brain development, usually before a child is born. In many cases, the exact trigger of this abnormality isn't known. Factors that may lead to problems with brain development include:

Random mutations in genes that control brain development.
Maternal infections that affect the developing fetus.
Fetal stroke, a disruption of blood supply to the developing brain.
Lack of oxygen to the brain (asphyxia) related to difficult labor or delivery. This is rarely a cause.
Infant infections that cause inflammation in or around the brain.
Traumatic head injury to an infant from a motor vehicle accident or fall.

So none of those really fall in line with smoking. Maybe the lack of oxygen thing, but it says that's rare, and I would think you'd have to be smoking an insane amount to even get to that point.

Smoking while preggers usually causes low birth weight (which can cause many other problems), premature births, which kinda goes hand in hand with that first symptom, heart problems, lung problems, greater susceptibility to cancer, and yes even low IQ and behavioral and learning problems.

As CP is technically not a disease or genetic condition, and rather a sort of injury brought on, usually congenital, I guess it's technically possible smoking could be the trigger. But I haven't seen any links to that yet in the few pages I have looked up.

MrMastodonFarm
10-01-2013, 08:33 PM
It would have been too uncharacteristic of Walt to start smoking meth. Especially in the lab. It was always a sterile environment for Walt. He wouldn't let Jesse smoke a cigarette in there.

Yeah, it was all about the chemistry for Walter White not about what the end product did.

MikePatton
10-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Skimmed the last few pages and didn't see this mentioned. But I heard a suggestion that everything was going SO RIGHT for Walt in the finale - so UNBELIEVABLY right that wouldn't it have been interesting if the last shot of the episode had been Walt back in the car from the beginning of the episode? The entire episode just a daydream?

I like the way it ended but I think alternate endings are always worth discussing and this would have been a good one too. Pretty much the opposite of what we got, but just as good.

corporatejay
10-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Skimmed the last few pages and didn't see this mentioned. But I heard a suggestion that everything was going SO RIGHT for Walt in the finale - so UNBELIEVABLY right that wouldn't it have been interesting if the last shot of the episode had been Walt back in the car from the beginning of the episode? The entire episode just a daydream?

I like the way it ended but I think alternate endings are always worth discussing and this would have been a good one too. Pretty much the opposite of what we got, but just as good.

or the laziest piece of ####e plot device in the history of television.. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MikePatton
10-01-2013, 08:58 PM
It would have fit thematically. Walt reaps what he sows. The suggestion comes from a very critical article written by Emily Nussbaum of The New Yorker. In her version of the finale, the final shot is Walt frozen to death in the car. The "The Shining" ending.

V
10-01-2013, 09:42 PM
I totally wanted the show to end with Walt on top in his Heisenberg hat, but I was really happy with the way it ended. It probably couldn't have worked the way I wanted it. Alas, I am not a writer.

MikePatton
10-01-2013, 10:15 PM
I totally wanted the show to end with Walt on top in his Heisenberg hat, but I was really happy with the way it ended. It probably couldn't have worked the way I wanted it. Alas, I am not a writer.
Walt gets revenge and instead of coming to terms with his fate he keeps trucking along and living the delusion? That would have been alright, I think. The only thing I would say is that I think the show was so plot driven that it almost required a finite ending and that is a little too open-ended.

Or maybe not. I don't know.

corporatejay
10-01-2013, 11:00 PM
It would have fit thematically. Walt reaps what he sows. The suggestion comes from a very critical article written by Emily Nussbaum of The New Yorker. In her version of the finale, the final shot is Walt frozen to death in the car. The "The Shining" ending.

Thanks, I'll have a read but I typically don't read Nussbaum. I feel like she has her status elevated because she's in the Times (which is probably fair) but there are guys like Sepinwall, Greenwald, Poniwozik (thank god I just use google) and even Tim Goodman and Mo Ryan I think produce better work.

Without having read the article and relying on your "reaps what he sows" comment. While I could definitely be onside with the premise, theme and result, that type of execution is pure and utter hackery.

DownhillGoat
10-01-2013, 11:42 PM
I'd say the finale was pretty much a perfect way to wrap up the series. A freezing in the car/The Shining/Newheart ending would have been a kick in the teeth to fans of the show, IMO. As corporatejay said, it's pure and utter hackery, and not at all what I would expect given the writing standards of the rest of the series.

About the only other way to end it that I would have found satisfying (and mentioned by Gilligan when discussing alternate drafts) would have been for everyone but Walt to die. Holly, Marie, Walt Jr, Skylar, Jesse, Saul, the guy that played cards with him, you name it. Anyone that Walt ever cared about dead and the final scene is him living alone with the destruction that he's caused.

Going into the last few episodes I was kind of hoping that was the way it was going to turn, but on further reflection that's horrendously dark (albeit still a fitting fate for Walt), and I'm probably happier with it ending the way it did.

jammies
10-02-2013, 12:47 AM
I wasn't happy that Walt died happy. And the Grey Matter thing was extremely contrived, but he couldn't die happy without providing for his family, so they had to do something if that's the ending they envisioned.

I'm on board with whoever suggested a car bomb. You have a much better chance of getting everyone with that as opposed to a jerry-rigged machine gun oscillating back and forth. Plus it involves chemistry. Whatever, the climax was Hank dying and the rest was just a coda, although a coda that reinforces Walt destroying everything via his hubris would have been better than a coda softening that message.

Wormius
10-02-2013, 01:04 AM
I wasn't happy that Walt died happy. And the Grey Matter thing was extremely contrived, but he couldn't die happy without providing for his family, so they had to do something if that's the ending they envisioned.

I'm on board with whoever suggested a car bomb. You have a much better chance of getting everyone with that as opposed to a jerry-rigged machine gun oscillating back and forth. Plus it involves chemistry. Whatever, the climax was Hank dying and the rest was just a coda, although a coda that reinforces Walt destroying everything via his hubris would have been better than a coda softening that message.

I was hoping they (the nazis) did actually take him up on his offer to show them a new way to cook meth without methylamine. They had already made a point of showing Jack displaying a total lack of disregard for his own safety by not donning a mask during Todd's meth cook.

Any way that it went down would have been contrived - to take out all of the nazis was quite fortunate, not knowing how close he could actually park to the club house or whether it was built from brick. It's all luck really.

Maybe a smarter option would have been to make a secondary weapon, like the car bomb idea that he could have activated had the gun not done the trick. It wouldn't have been a stretch for him to have gotten the appropriate chemicals or pre-made explosives for that.

trackercowe
10-02-2013, 01:15 AM
Walt doesn't seem like someone willing to commit suicide though, so maybe that's why the car bomb idea wouldn't work for him. That and it's just as inefficient as the gun would have been, who knows if detonating the bomb outside the house would have killed all the occupants inside. He needed a 100% success rate as if anyone had survived they likely would have gone after Skyler and his family as retribution. In that way I honestly think the rail gun works a heck of lot better than a bomb.

Then of course you need to consider resource management and that maybe it was easier for him to just buy the gun and create his spring contraption, rather than finding all the materials (and taking the time) needed to build a bomb capable of taking out the entire gang of Nazi's. He was under extreme time limitations as the cops were on his trail after he left NH. Really he was put into a now or never situation, and using the gun was his last (and easiest) resort.

That and an explosion killing off the main characters would have been a real letdown ending for the series.

Daradon
10-02-2013, 05:15 AM
I wish Andrea would have lived. It woulda made Jesse's escape feel better. As it is now, I really don't know what's next for him. Sure he gets away, but he might have been better off dead.

It's kinda like he lost more than Walt. Walt's family lived, and it appears his kids will get the money. Jesse lost pretty much everything.

Russic
10-02-2013, 09:01 AM
I wish Andrea would have lived. It woulda made Jesse's escape feel better. As it is now, I really don't know what's next for him. Sure he gets away, but he might have been better off dead.

It's kinda like he lost more than Walt. Walt's family lived, and it appears his kids will get the money. Jesse lost pretty much everything.

This saddened me too. It made the Todd death that much more satisfying, so I see why it had to happen, but it's still a big downer.

I prefer to think Jesse goes to take care of Brock.

SoulOfTheFlame
10-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Anyone else think Taylor Hall and Todd look alike?

Bertuzzied
10-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Anyone else think Taylor Hall and Todd look alike?
ummm Todd looks exactly like a slow Matt Damon, or a beatened up Matt Damon.

DownhillGoat
10-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Or a marionette version of Matt Damon.

Matata
10-02-2013, 12:28 PM
I can't realistically imagine Jesse having a fate other than spending the rest of his life in an insane asylum.

Sliver
10-02-2013, 01:03 PM

Jesse was cooking meth before Walt. In the very first episode, Jesse is partnered with a Mexican cook in a house that was raided by Hank while Walt is on a ride-a-long. Jesse wasn't caught because he was banging some chick across the street. Walt saw Jesse run, tracked his address down from old high school records, and proposed a partnership (and manipulated Jesse by saying he'd turn him in to the DEA for cooking/dealing if he didn't help).

Regulator75
10-02-2013, 01:07 PM

Meth Damon.

Ark2
10-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Jesse would have been executed in the first episode had he not met up with Walt. Crazy 8 informed on Jesse and Emilio's operation, but when Emilio posted bail, he believed that it was Jesse who informed on him. To cover himself, Crazy 8 went along with this and captured Jesse. Walt has saved Jesse at least 3 other times in this series. Guy should show Walt some respect.

Regulator75
10-02-2013, 01:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jSe2zcK.gif

Daradon
10-02-2013, 04:02 PM
This saddened me too. It made the Todd death that much more satisfying, so I see why it had to happen, but it's still a big downer.

I prefer to think Jesse goes to take care of Brock.

Yeah that's what I want to think too, but even that's a bit messed up. First of all, no mommy, but more than that... anytime the question comes up, or Jesse even looks at Brock he's probably going to go through a bunch of guilt. It's not like she was hit by a car, his actions got her in trouble. Even though you can't outright blame him, that's where his thoughts would go.

FlamesAddiction
10-02-2013, 04:07 PM
Jesse would have been executed in the first episode had he not met up with Walt. Crazy 8 informed on Jesse and Emilio's operation, but when Emilio posted bail, he believed that it was Jesse who informed on him. To cover himself, Crazy 8 went along with this and captured Jesse. Walt has saved Jesse at least 3 other times in this series. Guy should show Walt some respect.

I count letting Jane die as saving him as well.

kirant
10-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Or a marionette version of Matt Damon.
Matt Stajan?

Brannigans Law
10-02-2013, 04:59 PM
I wonder of there was any serious thought with the writers to have this thing end with Walter surviving and coming out of it with his empire and family in tact. Obviously by the time the last few episodes popped up that ship had sailed.

West Karma
10-02-2013, 05:28 PM

I thought Todd was Paul Kruse!!

Bertuzzied
10-02-2013, 05:52 PM
I thought Todd was Paul Kruse!!

No. Paul Kruse was the albino in the Davinci Code.

Bertuzzied
10-02-2013, 06:09 PM
From a podcast. Gilligan gives some insight into the finale. WOW. That would have been crazy if Skyler killed herself.

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/2013/10/02/vince_gilligan_explains_the_breaking_bad_finale.ht ml

Gilligan was originally going to have Skyler kill herself. She was going to slit her wrists in a bathtub. The other writers tried to talk him out of it, arguing that it was too dark, and Gilligan finally decided it was “a bridge too far.”

When the last season premiered, they still didn’t know what Walt was going to do with the M-60. They didn’t even have Jack and his neo-Nazis yet.

They didn’t know yet what the ricin was for, either.

They talked about having Walt get away, get a new job and even get a new wife. In writers’ earlier brainstorming sessions, there was even going to be a scene of Walt cooking peanut brittle.

The last episode is titled “Felina” because it’s an anagram for finale and because of the character of that name in Marty Robbins’ El Paso. Gilligan mentions nothing about the popular theory that it corresponds to Fe (iron, for blood), Li (lithium, for meth) and Na (for sodium, or tears), so that may have just been a coincidence.

A dying boy’s wish may have prompted Gilligan to change the ending. When Gilligan visited 16-year-old cancer patient Kevin Cordasco, Cordasco said he wanted to know more about Gretchen and Elliot. This in turn helped Gilligan think of bringing back the Grey Matter couple for the finale, though Cordasco never saw the episode. (He died in March.)

That gun turret really worked. In the script, Walt built the sentry gun’s base with a windshield-wiper motor, but the on-set special effects crew pointed out that the motor was likely to be too weak. Instead, they suggested a garage-door motor. “That thing is really as it appears to be,” Gilligan says, pointing out that it runs on just a 12-volt battery.

When Walt says “I did it for me,” Gilligan says he means it. Gilligan says he always knew that Walt was doing everything for himself, but as a viewer, he says he needed to hear him say it.

Bertuzzied
10-02-2013, 06:15 PM
Some more alternate endings Gilligan had in mind. I think they chose the right one.

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2013/10/01/the-breaking-bad-endings-you-could-have-seen/

Early on, Gilligan favoured an ending that would have seen Skyler turning suicidal, unable to cope with the man Walt had become. The writers talked through an ending that would have the Whites hiding out at a Motel 6 and Walt trying to soothe his wife through the closed door, prying it open to find her bloody body in the tub. Gilligan says he let it go when a writer said the suicide was “a bridge too far.” One ending floating around since before the finale season even began filming had drug-dealers killing Jesse Pinkman. A revenge-seeking Walter would then shackle the killer in the basement with a shotgun trip wire. Calling back to season one’s Krazy 8 capture, it was going to end with Walt Jr. offering the dealer water, at which point the drug-dealer would trip the wire killing both himself and Walt’s son.
Another early plan had Walter White going wild on the bad guys with his machine gun. But, said Gilligan, it “felt wrong for Walt to go out brawn over brain, go out like Rambo. Walt on his best day was never Rambo.” In a revision to that plan, Walt would gun down the good-guy police officers that had come for him.
Gilligan said they also debated having Walt use the M60 on the Nazis, albeit in a different way than Sunday’s finale. In the other version, Jesse would be jailed, with the Nazis closing in for the kill. Walt would have arrived with the M60 to break him out.

Acey
10-03-2013, 07:35 AM
The writers talked through an ending that would have the Whites hiding out at a Motel 6 and Walt trying to soothe his wife through the closed door, prying it open to find her bloody body in the tub. Gilligan says he let it go when a writer said the suicide was “a bridge too far.

All the ruthlessness throughout the series and this would have been the thing to take it too far?

KTrain
10-03-2013, 07:36 AM
Breaking Bad is getting a remake already...in Spanish.

Meet Walter Bianco.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2383490/CPPictures/metastasis.jpg

Meet Walter Blanco, star of Colombia's 'Breaking Bad' remake
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/02/breaking-bad-spanish-walter-blanco/

Bertuzzied
10-03-2013, 02:24 PM
hahaha Bryan Cranston is hilarious. From an interview with "Lydia".

Were you there for the final day of shooting?
I wasn’t. I think I was there three days before the end. I missed the wrap party. My last day was my last scene. I was all decrepit and hideous for my dying scene. Bryan Cranston was right there behind the bed, whispering his lines. He really relished [saying] “good-bye, Lydia, you effer!” you know? When I finished the scene, they gave me this massive board with all these messages from everyone. It was so sweet! I wasn’t expecting anything like that. Everyone gave me a hug. It was weird to die and then walk off set. Somebody shouted, “Call 911!”

jeep991
10-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Norm Macdonald's Breaking Bad theory:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/was-the-breaking-bad-finale-all-just-a-fantasy-in-walter-whi?bfgp

Huntingwhale
10-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Just saw this comment on the Breaking Bad Facebook page:

Mind=blown. Even with this show over, I think over time we are going to see more and more little stats like this pop up. Hats off to the greatest show of all time.

That last episode wrapped things up so perfectly. And Walt lying in the position he did was exactly how I wanted it to end. As someone said, it the last episode wasn't meant to be a thrilling, suspenseful romp. It was the final piece of the puzzle that clicked perfectly into place. Absolute perfection.

The BrBa blueray set that I ordered arrives next month. 52 hours of bonus footage...and it includes an alternate ending. Awesome. Can't wait to sit down and watch the entire thing from start to finish without having to wait weeks/years in between episodes.

Bertuzzied
10-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Mind=blown. Even with this show over, I think over time we are going to see more and more little stats like this pop up. Hats off to the greatest show of all time.

That last episode wrapped things up so perfectly. And Walt lying in the position he did was exactly how I wanted it to end. As someone said, it the last episode wasn't meant to be a thrilling, suspenseful romp. It was the final piece of the puzzle that clicked perfectly into place. Absolute perfection.

The BrBa blueray set that I ordered arrives next month. 52 hours of bonus footage...and it includes an alternate ending. Awesome. Can't wait to sit down and watch the entire thing from start to finish without having to wait weeks/years in between episodes.

52 hours of bonus footage and an alternate ending. I'm going to be buying my first bluray/dvd in 5 years!

uMmm holy crap it's $200!?

I wonder if Costco will get this in?

Huntingwhale
10-07-2013, 11:52 AM
52 hours of bonus footage and an alternate ending. I'm going to be buying my first bluray/dvd in 5 years!

uMmm holy crap it's $200!?

I wonder if Costco will get this in?

Not sure if Cosco has it, but I got it off amazon. It's on sale right now to.

http://www.amazon.ca/Breaking-Bad-Complete-Bryan-Cranston/dp/B00EEDNA4M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378865421&sr=8-1&keywords=breaking+bad+complete

Description of contents...

http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/7664-BREAKING-BAD-THE-COMPLETE-SERIES-COMES-TO-BLU-RAY-NOVEMBER-26.html

To put it in comparison, the Dexter full version set is $300. And Dexter sucks.

darklord700
10-08-2013, 10:25 PM
Just finished watching all 5 seasons of BB. The one thing I have to vent is I really don't like how Jesse has developed a conscience in S5. He cooked meth before Walt and he asked Walt to take care, meaning kill Crazy 8. He killed the entire Mexican cartel of many people. I don't agree he has the moral high ground to judge Walt.

DOOM
10-08-2013, 10:48 PM
Just finished watching all 5 seasons of BB. The one thing I have to vent is I really don't like how Jesse has developed a conscience in S5. He cooked meth before Walt and he asked Walt to take care, meaning kill Crazy 8. He killed the entire Mexican cartel of many people. I don't agree he has the moral high ground to judge Walt.

Jessie hated when kids got involved.

Tomas Cantillo and Drew Sharp were killed

Brock Cantillo was poisoned.

Also, Gus was the one who pretty much murdered the Mexican cartel, if I remember correctly they brought Jessie along to cook a batch for them so that they could get on their good side. I don't believe Jessie knew what was really going on.

darklord700
10-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Tomas Cantillo and Drew Sharp were killed

Brock Cantillo was poisoned.

I think Tomas is killed by the two Mexican gangsters who are then killed by Walt to save Jesse.

Drew Sharp isn't killed by Walt but by Todd.

Poisoning Brock is bad but he lives and the poison Walt uses isn't lethal.

I think Jesse blames Walt for all these because he can't take it anymore even if Walt isn't the one to shoulder all the blame. Nevertheless, I still don't like Jesse's character development in S5.

djsFlames
10-09-2013, 12:11 AM
**Dexter seasons 6-8 suck, let's get that much straight.

Let's not be so quick to forget the brilliance of its early days. (sorry, off subject)

Maritime Q-Scout
10-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Jesse's morality paralleled Gale's. We all make our own choices and are responsible for them. If you want to smoke meth, or deal drugs, it's a free country to ahead. But by making those choices you are responsible for the ramifications there of.

That means you could end up living in a motel with no family, or murdered to protect and expand territory.

The thing is, kids don't have that choice. Kids should be given the opportunity to make their own choices, by involving them you are removing their ability to make a good choice. That's simply isn't fair according to Jesse, and why you draw the line at kids. Jesse doesn't seem to have a problem cooking meth, or working with drug dealers, because all the adults there made the choices to enter into the drug trade and do the things that they are doing.

Jessie's morality, for me anyway, has remained the same throughout. We make our own choices, we live by the consequences of those choices, but we have to be given the opportunity to be able to actually make a choice. By involving Brock, or the family of methheads with the young boy, the kids don't have the opportunity to be able to live a good and normal life, and that is where Jesse's conscience lies.

darklord700
10-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Jessie's morality, for me anyway, has remained the same throughout. By involving Brock, or the family of methheads with the young boy, the kids don't have the opportunity to be able to live a good and normal life, and that is where Jesse's conscience lies.

Jesse literally forces Walter to kill Crazy 8 in S1 and maybe Walter pushes Jesse to kill Gale but he does it to save themselves from Gus at that time. So Jesse has no problem killing people to save his own skin.

And Jesse already knows that Broc isn't poisoned by risin but by the flower extract. Jesse may have reasons to be angry at Walter but I don't thinkt he writers build a strong enough case to make character change of Jesse resonate with me.

Emotionally, I wanted Jesse and Walter to remain friends throught the final development. And then Walter dies and Jesse walks away without the money and not direction in life, just like when the show started.

Meth cooking gives Walter something to live for for the remain of his cancer dying days and gives Jesse an experience but nothing more. That's the poetry of the show I would like to see.

The best thing of the finale is Walter finally admitting he did it for himself. I'm sure audience sense it all alone but coming out of Walter's month is the closure for me.

missdpuck
10-09-2013, 09:29 AM
I jst started watching amd am up to Season 2 ep 2 I think.

Thanks for this thread because I really don't want to spend so much time on a tv show.

I've already been sucked into the "girlier, less substantial" morality play called "Revenge"

I love the pacing, the cinematography- definitely understand all the hoopla.

I just wish meth and all this crap didn't exist. But stuff like this always has I guess.

darklord700
10-09-2013, 09:33 AM
I've already been sucked into the "girlier, less substantial" morality play called "Revenge"

I love the pacing, the cinematography- definitely understand all the hoopla.

I just wish meth and all this crap didn't exist. But stuff like this always has I guess.

To me the show is more about character transformation instead of morality. And the meth and underworld are needed to facilitate the transformation.

One could also argue that the show is about acting out your inner demon in the face of death (Walter's cancer).

Maritime Q-Scout
10-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Jesse literally forces Walter to kill Crazy 8 in S1 and maybe Walter pushes Jesse to kill Gale but he does it to save themselves from Gus at that time. So Jesse has no problem killing people to save his own skin.

And Jesse already knows that Broc isn't poisoned by risin but by the flower extract. Jesse may have reasons to be angry at Walter but I don't thinkt he writers build a strong enough case to make character change of Jesse resonate with me.

Emotionally, I wanted Jesse and Walter to remain friends throught the final development. And then Walter dies and Jesse walks away without the money and not direction in life, just like when the show started.

Meth cooking gives Walter something to live for for the remain of his cancer dying days and gives Jesse an experience but nothing more. That's the poetry of the show I would like to see.

The best thing of the finale is Walter finally admitting he did it for himself. I'm sure audience sense it all alone but coming out of Walter's month is the closure for me.

Given the situations presented above Jesse's morality remains constant. Yes he will kill to save his own hide, but he killed people who made the choice to be involved.

It appears you think that Jesse thinks murder is wrong and unacceptable. While I believe he does believe that murder is wrong, I think that Jesse believes it's acceptable if you sign the social contract of drug dealing.

I guess that's the big thing. The social contract of meth. If you're involved you consent to the possibility of killing or being killed. However, children can't consent to this social contract, hence the difference.

As for the poetry, Jesse has come around to wanting to live a normal life (woodworking) and free himself of meth. I don't think he was all about the money, why he was always hap-hazard with it.

After a year in slave labour. He's want to be free, not go back looking for past salary owed.

missdpuck
10-09-2013, 03:33 PM
To me the show is more about character transformation instead of morality. And the meth and underworld are needed to facilitate the transformation.

One could also argue that the show is about acting out your inner demon in the face of death (Walter's cancer).

Good points.

I guess I'm obsessed with the meth angle because the presence of meth labs in Central Florida is spoiling my ideal of an idyllic life in the country ')

Wormius
10-10-2013, 12:28 AM
Good points.

I guess I'm obsessed with the meth angle because the presence of meth labs in Central Florida is spoiling my ideal of an idyllic life in the country ')

You didn't tell us your psychopath neighbor was a meth head.

Hemi-Cuda
10-10-2013, 02:46 AM
Absolutely brilliant fan made video, wow

King Hippo
10-10-2013, 03:16 PM
Something that i just realized when watching over the last few episodes was with Saul going through the identity reset.

Why does Saul have to start his life over under a new identity?
As a lawyer, you'd think he'd be protected some how...

nik-
10-10-2013, 03:30 PM
Something that i just realized when watching over the last few episodes was with Saul going through the identity reset.

Why does Saul have to start his life over under a new identity?
As a lawyer, you'd think he'd be protected some how...

He'd be legally protected if he had behaved as a lawyer and not someone assisting in money laundering, murder for hire and meth distribution.

Then there's the whole "possibly being murdered to keep him quiet" thing.

King Hippo
10-10-2013, 03:55 PM
He'd be legally protected if he had behaved as a lawyer and not someone assisting in money laundering, murder for hire and meth distribution.

Then there's the whole "possibly being murdered to keep him quiet" thing.

Saul had nothing to do with murder for hire and meth distribution. Those were "I know a guy who knows a guy" kinda deal. Saul has no direct ties to the Skin heads and Gus/Lydia.

and that "Sending Hank a one way trip to Belize" was just talk, confidentially with Walter. Saul had nothing to worry about that.

I can see money laundering, but its hard to tie people to that when transactions are under the table.

darklord700
10-10-2013, 04:08 PM
I think Saul had to disappear when Huell was gone. Huell witnessed pretty much everything Saul had done with Walt and Jesse. And in Saul's mind, if Huell talked, attorney client confidentiality is only going to protect him so much.

Maritime Q-Scout
10-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Couldn't Saul be charged under the RICO act? I'm not that familiar with it, but if The Dark Knight was accurate in its legal training, if you can charge one member of the conspiracy with a crime, you can charge them all?

Again, I don't know, but if that's true Saul is up a creek without a paddle.

Either way he's going to lose his ability to practice (you think the bar association would let him slide?), this way he's gone and doesn't have the worry of jail.

nik-
10-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Saul had nothing to do with murder for hire and meth distribution. Those were "I know a guy who knows a guy" kinda deal. Saul has no direct ties to the Skin heads and Gus/Lydia.

and that "Sending Hank a one way trip to Belize" was just talk, confidentially with Walter. Saul had nothing to worry about that.

I can see money laundering, but its hard to tie people to that when transactions are under the table.

Hooking Walt up with Gus is most definitely not legal. He suggested that they send Jesse to Belize too.

missdpuck
10-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Okay, I watched a few more episodes and read the wiki. Now I see how it's like a Western and meth is Walt's way of expressing his badass.

I'm going to be bad and skip to Season 5 and probably then go back through it.

Thanks for all your helpful info!

Da_Chief
10-10-2013, 06:55 PM
^ Don't do it. You'll regret it.

Ark2
10-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Okay, I watched a few more episodes and read the wiki. Now I see how it's like a Western and meth is Walt's way of expressing his badass.

This may be the worst post in this entire thread.

darklord700
10-10-2013, 11:04 PM

It's the journey, not the arrival at the destination that makes the trip worthwhile.

nik-
10-10-2013, 11:07 PM
It's the journey, not the arrival at the destination that makes the trip worthwhile.

Not if you're traveling to a strip club.

Cole436
10-11-2013, 12:45 AM
Not sure if a fata

DtD3Qw6Stvk

MrMastodonFarm
10-11-2013, 12:52 AM

That's a really stupid idea.

kootenayguy9
10-11-2013, 06:23 AM

Thats why we have Netflix and binge viewing............no excuse to skip to the end. That's just wrong on so many levels.

Flames89
10-11-2013, 07:37 AM

The fact you are even reading this thread before watching through to the end makes me angry.
Just trust the reviews. Sit down and enjoy the entertainment.

Maritime Q-Scout
10-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Not if you're traveling to a strip club.

I need to go to the strip clubs you go to. The anticipation of seeing über hot chicks naked is awesome. Then you get there and you see pimpled butt A-cups.

Or maybe I'm just thinking of Ralph's in Halifax (well Dartmouth)

darklord700
10-11-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm ruminating a question to Walter, was it worth it?

On one hand, you have a man in midlife crisis dying of cancer, teaching chemistry to a bunch of brats for the nth time while being looked down by a thick eye brow man in a car wash.

If none of these had happened, Walter will likely die of cancer anyway leaving heavy debt burden to his family.

Even with what did transpire, Walter died leaving his family in probably, at least financially, a not too worse off situation comparing to the earlier scenario.

In between, Walter got to self actualise his potential in a criminal way albeit. I guess because we like the show, it is satisfying to witness this process instead of shunning it as all moral men should.

Would Walter do it again or would you do it if you were in Walter's shoes?

speede5
10-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Walter could have let His old freinds pay his bills and lived comfortably off his teachers salary/pension and not devastated his whole family, so I think the answer is no.

FlamesAddiction
10-11-2013, 02:17 PM
I'm ruminating a question to Walter, was it worth it?

On one hand, you have a man in midlife crisis dying of cancer, teaching chemistry to a bunch of brats for the nth time while being looked down by a thick eye brow man in a car wash.

If none of these had happened, Walter will likely die of cancer anyway leaving heavy debt burden to his family.

Even with what did transpire, Walter died leaving his family in probably, at least financially, a not too worse off situation comparing to the earlier scenario.

In between, Walter got to self actualise his potential in a criminal way albeit. I guess because we like the show, it is satisfying to witness this process instead of shunning it as all moral men should.

Would Walter do it again or would you do it if you were in Walter's shoes?

The frustrating thing is that he was so close to getting away with it if not for leaving murder investigation evidence in his bathroom for his DEA brother-in-law to find. (I still hate that plot element, but I digress...).

I think he would say it was worth it. He was already dead inside to the point that when he was told he had inoperable lung cancer, he didn't care that much. Like he said; being Heisenberg made him alive. What good is existing a little longer with cancer if you do feel alive?

Also, it wasn't just his professional life that sucked, but even within his own family, he was a beta male to Hank (even if Hank did mean well). On Walt's birthday, they all watched Hank act like a big hero on TV. His own son idloized his brother-in-law more than him.

darklord700
10-11-2013, 02:37 PM
The frustrating thing is that he was so close to getting away with it if not for leaving murder investigation evidence in his bathroom for his DEA brother-in-law to find. (I still hate that plot element, but I digress...).

I think he would say it was worth it.

The book was a lame and lazy plot line. That episode up to the point where Hank took a dump in their bathroom was the realization of Walter's dream; the fantasy fulfilled. Perhaps if Walter had made the chicken less spicy, he could've stay hidden forever. But Walter's downfall had to happen one way or the other.

If I put on my writer's hat, I would let Walter's family have some of the money. But Walter will have to leave the family because of threats from the cartel or nazi gang. And Walter will live out the remain of his days cooking for the bad guys away from his family.

icecube
10-11-2013, 03:05 PM
I didn't think the book was a lazy plot point. I bought it hook line and sinker. Why? Because I'm the kinda idiot who would forget something like that.

Despite being caught with porn in the search history a dozen or more times over the years ( between my parents and then eventually my wife), I still haven't learned my lesson. This is but one example.

I-Hate-Hulse
10-12-2013, 12:25 PM
30 things you didn't know about Breaking Bad:

Bryan Cranston was a Power Ranger?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/10338805/Breaking-Bad-facts-30-things-you-didnt-know.html

pylon
10-12-2013, 07:30 PM

NOOOOO!

I didn't watch the show until 3 weeks before the finale. I binge watched it for 2 weeks to get caught up, to the envy of all the people I know who had to drag it out over 5 years. I was getting to experience all these amazing twists every night, and it was fresh and new to me. If you haven't seen season 3 and 4 yet, you are making a huge mistake. IMO they were the best seasons.

darklord700
10-12-2013, 08:24 PM
I binge watched it for 2 weeks to get caught up, to the envy of all the people I know who had to drag it out over 5 years. I was getting to experience all these amazing twists every night, and it was fresh and new to me.

I binge watched it over the last two months including watching it on netflix while I was vacationing. But I think people who started in 2008 will appreciate it more as they grew together with the characters throughout the 5 year period.

jschick88
10-14-2013, 08:41 PM
uWcd41TKp-M

Brannigans Law
10-14-2013, 08:50 PM
I binge watched it over the last two months including watching it on netflix while I was vacationing. But I think people who started in 2008 will appreciate it more as they grew together with the characters throughout the 5 year period.

Pretty much. I have a very silly sense of pride and attachment to the show cuz I watched it from episode 1 on tv. Like knowing about a great pub before it becomes trendy and hipsters fill it up.

automaton 3
10-14-2013, 09:02 PM

This series is some of the best TV ever, in my opinion. Once you get rolling you'll probably find yourself binge watching. Watching them in order will be much more satisfying, trust me .

darklord700
10-15-2013, 09:06 AM
I binge watched it in less than 2 months but if I were to do it again, I wished I could've started in 2008. I found I wanted to find out what happened next that I failed to take in the subtlties of the shows watching it this way.

To Be Quite Honest
10-15-2013, 10:38 AM
Breaking Bad: Academy Award-Winner Anthony Hopkins' Fan Letter To Bryan Cranston

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/10/14/breaking-bad-academy-award-winner-anthony-hopkins-fan-letter-to-bryan-cranston

Flash Walken
10-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Damon Lindelof writes one of the most arrogant, self aggrandizing things I've ever read...about Breaking Bad?

No, that's just cover to talk about himself some more.

What a hack.

A couple of weeks ago, I was asked if I was interested in writing a morning-after response to the Breaking Bad finale. I immediately said yes.
I agreed to write this piece because I am deeply and unhealthily obsessed with finding ways to revisit the Lost finale and the maddening hurricane of #### that has followed it.

And this morning? I am Walter White. Arrogant. Conceited. Selfish. Entitled. Looking for ways to blame everything and everyone but myself, even though it is perfectly clear the situation I find myself in is of my own making. And here's the worst part: I'm still naive enough to believe I can attain some level of redemption.
But I'm going to keep my part. I'm done. I'm out. Just one last thing before I go …

I stand by the Lost finale. It's the story that we wanted to tell, and we told it. No excuses. No apologies. I look back on it as fondly as I look back on the process of writing the whole show. And while I'll always care what you think, I can't be a slave to it anymore. Here's why:

I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it. And I was really … I was alive.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/damon-lindelof-breaking-bad-finale-639484

darklord700
10-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Damon Lindelof writes one of the most arrogant, self aggrandizing things I've ever read...about Breaking Bad?

I watched every episode of Lost through all those years and I can say without reservation the ending is crap.

BB's finale isn't without it's problem like I don't care if the nazi guys live or die at the end. But weeks after watching it I still can't get rid of the image of Walter leaving his prints in blood on the stainless still cooking apparatus, signifying a man once lived inside them. Cooking defines him, in doing so he found his meaning to life which very few of us will ever do. And then he rolls over and die which is just perfect.

I watched the Lost finale once and soon just turned off the TV. The meaning of it never crossed my mind because the writers treated the whole final season as a joke. That's how crap it is comparing to the BB finale.

FlamesAddiction
10-17-2013, 12:42 PM
Breaking Bad: Academy Award-Winner Anthony Hopkins' Fan Letter To Bryan Cranston

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/10/14/breaking-bad-academy-award-winner-anthony-hopkins-fan-letter-to-bryan-cranston

That's pretty cool. It makes me wonder how many other great actors are stuck doing bit rolls or shows like "Malcom in the Middle" that are actually great actors. Don't get me wrong, Malcom in the Middle was a good gig, but it it certainly wasn't going to win him any awards (although he was the funniest one in the whole show).

Flash Walken
10-17-2013, 12:50 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/video/vince-gilligan-tackles-four-breaking-648851

The show's creator is on the hot seat as THR's Aaron Couch drills him on four myths about the hit AMC series. With the finale behind him, Vince finally busts or confirms Breaking Bad fans' favorite theories, plus reveals a X-Files shoutout that was incorporated into the show.

Short little vid.

Flacker
10-17-2013, 03:47 PM
I binge watched it in less than 2 months but if I were to do it again, I wished I could've started in 2008. I found I wanted to find out what happened next that I failed to take in the subtlties of the shows watching it this way.

LOL:w00t:

Is that some new form of motorboating?

Hemi-Cuda
10-18-2013, 01:29 PM
It's like Breaking Bad meets a Spanish soap opera

K5_-IJaWpJo

Cole436
10-19-2013, 11:20 AM
It's like Breaking Bad meets a Spanish soap opera

K5_-IJaWpJo

That looks awful.
It looks like it was shot by film students.

Fusebox
10-19-2013, 11:24 AM
That looks awful.
It looks like it was shot by film students.

I thought it was a spoof at first, until I began to notice just how expensive it must have been.

To Be Quite Honest
10-30-2013, 06:24 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16242493/Bryan%20and%20Aaron.jpg

Eastern Girl
10-30-2013, 07:07 PM
I still preferred when Bryan dressed as Jessie and Aaron as Walter. Their parties must have been awesome.

GreatWhiteEbola
10-30-2013, 07:15 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16242493/Bryan%20and%20Aaron.jpg

I just found my costume for Saturday!

MrMastodonFarm
11-17-2013, 01:26 AM
9kZivVxB3vU
"I'm the one who's knocking."

DownhillGoat
11-17-2013, 02:12 AM
"I'm the one who's knocking."
Hahaha that was awesome.

missdpuck
11-17-2013, 08:35 AM
Well, thanks for the binge-watching advice. It really is the best way to go for so many of these shows that I missed.

The character development is more than incredible to watch.

So last weekend I was up near the Ocala National Forest looking at some land. There have been a bunch of meth lab busts up there so I expressed my concern.

The basic response was "Our little meth labs aren't going to bother you!"
(And these were far from being pro- meth lab folks,lol)

Someone showed me the site of one, and he said well, they were just making money for rent and cigarettes.

In any case, my friends got a kick out of the email I got from a friend up there. The last line was "I'm glad your meth lab concerns are behind you".

Regulator75
11-17-2013, 01:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TC365NI.png

http://i.imgur.com/aEbwhyd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uouS7KC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/b7ioxJv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ERcpSGM.png

http://i.imgur.com/B9STRj1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XQHK36T.png

http://i.imgur.com/Su6Woyw.png

http://i.imgur.com/UKxyVFL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1ZNpddO.jpg

Baaarrden
11-17-2013, 09:06 PM
Just posted this in the Funny and Cool Picture thread, but figured it may be more appreciated here. Here's a DVD extra showing an alternate ending to Breaking Bad (Malcolm in the Middle):

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jacelacob/this-breaking-bad-alternate-ending-must-be-seen-to-be-believ

Regulator75
11-25-2013, 06:45 PM
EXfUv2svQVU

Huntingwhale
12-04-2013, 01:31 PM
So I just got my Breaking Bad complete Bluray box set.

http://dorkshelf.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads//2013/12/Breaking-Bad-Box-Set.jpg

I'm so excited to sit down and watch the entire series again, without having to wait for months in between each season! Contents included are...

-Collectible replica money barrel
-Over 55 hours of special features from all seasons
-All new two-hour documentary
-16 page booklet with letter from Vince Gilligan
-Commemorative challenge coin designed by Vince Gilligan
-Los Pollos Hermanos apron

I'm most looking forward to watching all the extra content and special features. 55 hours worth, almost as much as the show itself. It even includes an alternate ending! I wonder how that will fare against the one that got released...

Can't wait to shove this baby into the Blueray player!

Methanolic
12-04-2013, 06:48 PM
So I just got my Breaking Bad complete Bluray box set.

Just curious who you got it through. I'm thinking I must have this! :)

J Diddy
12-04-2013, 07:06 PM
No dime bag of blue rock candy in that set? Rip off! ;)

Daradon
12-04-2013, 08:44 PM
What's a commemorative challenge coin?

Huntingwhale
12-05-2013, 10:04 AM
Just curious who you got it through. I'm thinking I must have this! :)

I got it from amazon.

http://www.amazon.ca/Breaking-Bad-Complete-Blu-ray-Bilingual/dp/B00FCYS290/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1386262901&sr=8-4&keywords=breaking+bad

Wow, unfortunately it appears the price has gone up. I got mine for $179. Now its more then double that. Hopefully the price will go down after Christmas.

The coin is just some pog-like coin that Vince Gilligan designed. No blue meth was included sadly.

DownhillGoat
12-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Nice collection. I really want to get the full series on bluray but my god do I hate those 'special packaging' gimmicks.

TurnedTheCorner
12-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Wow, unfortunately it appears the price has gone up. I got mine for $179. Now its more then double that. Hopefully the price will go down after Christmas.
Looks like this collector's edition is sold out on Amazon, all of the copies there are from other sellers through Amazon.

Yamer
12-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Nice collection. I really want to get the full series on bluray but my god do I hate those 'special packaging' gimmicks.

Agreed. I have the Deadwood full series collection on Blu-Ray, and while it's a gorgeous and elegant package I have to be extra careful with the cardboard sleeves so that I don't scratch the discs.

TurnedTheCorner
12-06-2013, 09:34 AM

http://www.amazon.ca/Breaking-Bad-Complete-Aaron-Paul/dp/B00GW8E6DG/ref=sr_1_8?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1386347667&sr=1-8&keywords=breaking+bad

Flames89
12-09-2013, 08:41 AM
Challenge coin:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenge_coin

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Watch-Vince-Gilligan-Show-Off-Breaking-Bad-Box-Set-60653.html

Wormius
12-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Costco in the NW had about 5 of the Breaking Bad "oil drum" sets left. Nice selection of full series there.

Acey
12-16-2013, 03:08 PM
Check out who is number one on Time's list (http://poy.time.com/2013/12/09/the-11-most-influential-fictional-characters-of-2013/slide/all/) of the 11 most influential fictional characters of 2013:

1. Walter White (Breaking Bad)
2. Olivia Pope (Scandal)
3. Katniss Everdeen (Catching Fire)
4. Sophia Burset (Orange is the New Black)
5. Carlos Danger (Anthony Weiner alias)
6. Frank Underwood (House of Cards)
7. Michael De Santa, Franklin Clinton and Trevor Philips (GTA V)
8. Ron Burgundy (Anchorman 2)
9. Burka Avenger
10. Tony Stark (Iron Man 3)
11. Brian Griffin (Family Guy)

Regulator75
12-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Check out who is number one on Time's list (http://poy.time.com/2013/12/09/the-11-most-influential-fictional-characters-of-2013/slide/all/) of the 11 most influential fictional characters of 2013:

1. Walter White (Breaking Bad)
2. Olivia Pope (Scandal)
3. Katniss Everdeen (Catching Fire)
4. Sophia Burset (Orange is the New Black)
5. Carlos Danger (Anthony Weiner alias)
6. Frank Underwood (House of Cards)
7. Michael De Santa, Franklin Clinton and Trevor Philips (GTA V)
8. Ron Burgundy (Anchorman 2)
9. Burka Avenger
10. Tony Stark (Iron Man 3)
11. Brian Griffin (Family Guy)

Scandal? Catching Fire? Burka Avenger?

Never heard of these before.

trackercowe
12-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Never heard of Hunger Games (Catching Fire)? Although I've never heard of some of those either.

Regulator75
12-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Never heard of Hunger Games (Catching Fire)? Although I've never heard of some of those either.

Oh, Catching fire is the HG sequel? I didn't know. :bag:

Acey
12-16-2013, 06:06 PM
Scandal is a political drama on ABC from the creator of Grey's Anatomy. Kerry Washington plays Olivia Pope, the lead character... and anything she wears in the show goes flying off the shelves. High end stuff. That explains her being so high up on the list. Still surprised she's ahead of Oscar winning Jennifer Lawrence, the darling of Hollywood.

nfotiu
12-18-2013, 06:13 AM
There's a real Walter White???

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2013/12/real-walter-white-not-breaking-bad-deals-meth-sentenced-to-12-years/

GreenLantern
01-27-2014, 10:06 AM
Just finished Breaking Bad last night. Great series.. I have to say though after hearing from people to "expect an incredible ending" I was a little let down. I guess I just expected more to happen. You get really good closure, but I would have liked to see Jesse take a little more from the gang that tortured him for the past however many months. A little fear in that freak Todd's eyes before he died at the very least.

That whole slavery part disturbed me a bit for sure, lol. I thought it kind of sucked how Jesse was essentially removed from the show as a factor for that whole time period as well, just slaving away making meth.

But overall I think they ended it good, I could have done without the whole leaving and coming back for Walt, but as far as series finales go I left satisfied.

Huntingwhale
01-28-2014, 02:49 PM
I've been watching the special edition season series for a couple months now. Wow is it incredible. Not only is it amazing watching all the episodes again and catching all the small details they put in, but the director commentary is so informative.

For example, when Walter poisons Brock, how the hell did he pull it off? The show never shows it happen, and the only interaction with Brock is when he goes to Jesse's house and him and Andrea are there. But we know Walt did it since at the end of season 4, the camera zooms in on the Lily of the Valley pot. Well, remember the episode before when Saul is packing up his things and Walt breaks into his office and the fat chick is shredding paper? Look closely at what she is shredding...it's an elementary school schedule. Brock's perhaps? Vince notes that him and the writers debated for a long time on what the explanation should be and mentions the school schedule being shredded as a massive hint...Vince says that someone might have showed up at Brock's school and perhaps poisoned his juice box. Someone like Walt, who as an ex-teacher might know his way around a school...

I also had NO idea that Bob Odenkirk (Saul Goodman) was the writer of Chris Farley's infamous "Van Down by the River" SNL sketch. So many cool details in the commentary that fans of the show will love.

Daradon
01-28-2014, 02:53 PM
^^^ Love the 'van down by the river' trivia bit, but don't know if I buy the other one. I mean why would Brock's schedule be there? Andrea doesn't use him as a lawyer. It was one thing I always felt was copped out a little by the writing staff. Not sure this makes me feel any better about it. I mean, there were clues that Walt was going to do that, but I still don't feel they explained HOW he did it very well. Still, not a big thing for me, I gave em that one.

Huntingwhale
01-28-2014, 03:02 PM
^^^ Love the 'van down by the river' trivia bit, but don't know if I buy the other one. I mean why would Brock's schedule be there? Andrea doesn't use him as a lawyer. It was one thing I always felt was copped out a little by the writing staff. Not sure this makes me feel any better about it. I mean, there were clues that Walt was going to do that, but I still don't feel they explained HOW he did it very well. Still, not a big thing for me, I gave em that one.

I'll be honest, I thought it was kind of a cheap cop out too. Especially when Vince said Walt was an ex-teacher who knew his way around a school, and could have easily used a syringe to poison his juice box. All I could think was, really? :rolleyes:.

But regardless of how cheesy it was, I just thought that little attention to detail was pretty darn cool. The show is full of them.

Daradon
01-29-2014, 10:39 AM
Yeah, if that's how they wanted to explain it there's a few simple short scenes they could have added. But I agree, a ton of detail in that show, and as I mentioned, even though I thought the explanation on the specific scenario was weak, I was willing to overlook it as that show was so strong in plot the whole time it ran. Maybe a little unbelievable and over the top in some scenes, but I guess what I'm trying to say is you didn't have a lot or even any of these plot errors or holes most other shows have.

rayne008
01-29-2014, 11:21 AM
One of my favorite parts was the shoot-out in the dessert where Hank and Gomie bite it.
The end of the episode everyone was loosing their sh*t on how unrealistic the shootout was and how it carried on for so long.

The start of the next episode, all you hear is the echos of the gun battle that last 10 seconds at most and it over. Thought it was a very clever way to depict a very intense scene.

MrMastodonFarm
02-28-2014, 01:19 AM
The final episodes have been added, the entire series is now available on Netflix.

worth
02-28-2014, 07:06 AM
I just finished watching the final episodes. Walt is a true antihero. Pretty cool to see the transformation he takes over the series. You root for him in the beginning and despise him at the end. I really wanted to see him and his stupid wife end up humiliated and arrested or killed when Hank was onto Walt.

RW99
02-28-2014, 08:37 AM
Funny this got bumped. I just heard Donald Faison (chocolate bear) talk about the show on the Nerdist podcast. The only episode he has seen is the series finale. Just thinking about doing that makes my head hurt.

East Coast Flame
02-28-2014, 09:54 AM
Speaking of which, a couple friends and I went to The Oak Tree Tavern last week for their amateur comedy night and they had a special guest show up to tell some jokes:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1509643_853042939674_1611848799_n.jpg

Daradon
02-28-2014, 03:10 PM
He do a good job?

AcGold
02-28-2014, 03:12 PM
This show will probably go down as the second best of all time behind the obvious one, which doesn't need mentioning. I didn't watch every episode, skipped through some parts with Skyler but the story was so well thought out and produced with such passion that it stands out. You can really tell that everyone who was part of it really gave everything they had.

RW99
02-28-2014, 03:20 PM
This show will probably go down as the second best of all time behind the obvious one, which doesn't need mentioning.

Full House? Or is it Knight Rider? But seriously, I can think of 4 good answers to who would be #1.

AcGold
02-28-2014, 03:46 PM
the best written one that will be in syndication longer than any other show, don't even need to guess man. It's not a maybe, it's earned Billions since ending. I don't even like it that much. (It's not the Simpsons, not as well written and not as many colloquialisms produced that still permeate society)

Joborule
02-28-2014, 05:30 PM
I don't understand why you just don't say Seinfeld.

trackercowe
02-28-2014, 05:34 PM
The Simpsons (prime) is better than Seinfeld. While I love both, the former is more rewatchable than Seinfeld in my view. Now that's only the first nine seasons of course, but that's still more great years then Seinfeld had.

Breaking Bad would contend for the best drama ever, but I'd consider The Wire to be better as a whole. Breaking Bad could be a very solid #2 (with The Sopranos, X-Files, probably Game of Thrones, and hopefully some day True Detective right there with it). All just my opinion of course, as I know some will say Mad Men, Deadwood, The West Wing and the like.

strombad
02-28-2014, 06:07 PM
There has never been a better show than the Wire.

Sitcom, Seinfeld is tops.
But television show? The Wire, all day. Breaking Bad is easily top 5 of all time though.

Hanna Sniper
02-28-2014, 08:49 PM
Sitcom, Seinfeld is tops.

I'm with you with Seinfeld but a huge nod has to go to M*A*S*H

trackercowe
02-28-2014, 09:01 PM
Here was Vulture.com's brackets of the best sitcom and drama of the past few decades: The winners being The Wire and The Simpsons. I can't say I really disagree with any of their selections. Although I always thought Frasier was better than Cheers.

Best sitcom
http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vulture/2013/02/26/26-sitcom-smackdown-landing-page.o.jpg/a_560x375.jpg

Best drama
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/423/88891a78bff9408192b351e.png

Yamer
03-01-2014, 01:12 AM
My first watch-through of The Wire bored me to tears and made me quit at about episode 7 or 8 of the first season, but I'm giving it another shot from the beginning just because it can't go without mention by people in best ever lists. I simply can't understand why.

Breaking Bad is #2 on my list, with Deadwood never surrendering the #1 spot. Seinfeld will always hold the #1 spot in terms of sitcoms, and there really is no challenge.

EDIT: The fact that Buffy the Vampire Slayer beat Deadwood in the above mentioned brackets makes me want to choke an infant. This is why democracy is such a fundamentally flawed system.

RW99
03-01-2014, 11:38 AM
EDIT: The fact that Buffy the Vampire Slayer beat Deadwood in the above mentioned brackets makes me want to choke an infant. This is why democracy is such a fundamentally flawed system.

Yeah, that was my WTF moment looking at that bracket. But I'm only 1/2 way into season 1 of Buffy, so I'll wait and see. I'm guessing Buffy at least got a good ending to their series...

AcGold
03-01-2014, 01:37 PM
I don't understand why you just don't say Seinfeld.

I'm weird ok

Yamer
03-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Yeah, that was my WTF moment looking at that bracket. But I'm only 1/2 way into season 1 of Buffy, so I'll wait and see. I'm guessing Buffy at least got a good ending to their series...

There's that, and I think Deadwood was and remains tragically underrated. Every single person I have recommended it to has either liked or loved it, and all of them had never even heard of it. I can't even say the same about Breaking Bad.

trackercowe
03-01-2014, 05:07 PM
Well it's not a popularity contest at all, it's just a bunch of critics and writers making a case for which show is better in their opinions. I read a few of their articles, and they are actually very well written. They make compelling cases for why they chose one show over the other. The one on Deadwood vs. Buffy was written by Paul Scheer from The League and How Did This Get Made fame. Here's an exert on why he chose Buffy over Deadwood.

Spike’s evolution on the show was astonishing: He started as a supporting character, but thanks to his sly charm, he grew to be the most fully developed character in the Buffy universe. He rose from the dead to co-star on the Buffy spinoff Angel, and has since spawned his own comic book series, which continues his adventures. Hands down, he’s the show’s M.V.P.

But Spike also demonstrates why, in my mind, Buffy ultimately trumps Deadwood. If Deadwood could be opaque at times, Buffy actively invited the viewer in; it was as though Whedon and Co. wanted you to be a member of the Scooby gang from your living room. Buffy yielded a fully living, breathing world where the continuing adventures of characters like Spike never truly die. Whedon knew that the best ending was no ending at all, and in the end, left us wanting what every fan wants: More.

I would agree that Buffy is the better show. Joss Whedon is an amazing writer, and created a unique universe with countless interesting characters and stories. Buffy really established the whole CW/Teenage Drama genre, and while 99% of those shows are terrible, Buffy deserves to be called one of the best shows ever. I never bothered to watch the third season of Deadwood. Some of the performances were just not what I was expecting, and the only character I really loved was Swearengen. I know it wanted to be realistic, but some of the characters just really turned me off. I can see why people love the show mind you, but much like Six Feet Under I found it to be a disappointing experience.

Now if you're looking for an actual popularity contest here is Seinfeld vs. The Simpsons in a complete one-sided massacre. http://yourather.com/207/seinfeld-or-simpsons

I am sort of surprised it's that one-sided, but I guess The Simpsons is more of a broad comedy and appeals to pretty much every viewer, while with Seinfeld it only appeals to a certain subsection of viewership (which is why it rarely beat Friends in the ratings).

JonDuke
03-02-2014, 08:33 AM
WzhW20hLp6M

AcGold
03-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Simpsons beating Seinfeld in popularity isn't surprising at all. It appealed to a small range of people during it's run while Simpsons has had kids and adults watching it for 25 years.

Regulator75
03-25-2014, 08:14 PM
Bryan Cranston in Teen Talk.

https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1970598_10152086777731219_1520808653_n.jpg

Daradon
03-26-2014, 06:57 PM
Simpsons beating Seinfeld in popularity isn't surprising at all. It appealed to a small range of people during it's run while Simpsons has had kids and adults watching it for 25 years.

While I agree that Simpsons winning isn't surprising, you're severely underestimating Seinfelds appeal.

AcGold
03-27-2014, 09:50 AM
While I agree that Simpsons winning isn't surprising, you're severely underestimating Seinfelds appeal.

no I'm not, I'm a huge fan. I'd watch it still if I hadn't seen every episode more than once.

Barbecue
05-30-2014, 01:57 PM
Bryan Cranston hints that Walter White might not be dead...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/30/walter-white-not-dead_n_5415300.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000024

“I’m going to ask you, really, seriously, I wasn’t so sure that you died, I really wasn’t," CNN's Ashleigh Banfield said on Thursday night. "Your eyes were open and I thought, ‘what if the police just take him into custody, he gets better, breaks out and just goes nuts?'"

Cranston: “Hey, you never saw bags zip up or anything."

Banfield: “Is he dead?”

Cranston: “I don’t know."

Banfield: “No movie? No nothing? No Walter White ever again?”

Cranston: “Never say never."

Looch City
05-30-2014, 02:40 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/276/747/bf9.gif

Wormius
05-30-2014, 02:50 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/30/walter-white-not-dead_n_5415300.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000024

I can only guess that is Cranston just being tongue-in-cheek playful.

Dead or in prison. Gilligan's word is canon anyway.

sa226
05-30-2014, 03:56 PM
Isn't "Better call Saul" prequel ish? Maybe there is a cameo in the works or something.

Mike F
05-30-2014, 04:11 PM

“I’m going to ask you, really, seriously, I wasn’t so sure that you died, I really wasn’t," CNN's Ashleigh Banfield said on Thursday night. "Your eyes were open and I thought, ‘what if the police just take him into custody, he gets better, breaks out and just goes nuts?'"

Cranston: “Hey, you never saw bags zip up or anything."

Banfield: “Is he dead?”

Cranston: “I don’t know."

Banfield: “No movie? No nothing? No Walter White ever again?”

Cranston: “Never say never."
Troll Level: Warlock

getbak
05-30-2014, 04:31 PM
Isn't "Better call Saul" prequel ish? Maybe there is a cameo in the works or something.
Yes, Mike is one of the main characters, so it has to be a prequel.

From what I've heard, Jesse will be appearing in at least one episode, and a Walt cameo wouldn't be surprising.

djsFlames
05-30-2014, 11:39 PM
But Walt had no idea who Saul was until the second season of BB.

If it's prequelish to BB, then Walt can't really be in the show. Perhaps later in the show it overlaps with BB's timeline and we see glimpses of him? Who knows.

Flash Walken
05-31-2014, 03:14 AM
But Walt had no idea who Saul was until the second season of BB.

If it's prequelish to BB, then Walt can't really be in the show. Perhaps later in the show it overlaps with BB's timeline and we see glimpses of him? Who knows.

Maybe Walt put one of those airfreshners that make saul's car smell like an 'alpine whorehouse' at the car wash?

Alberta_Beef
05-31-2014, 03:36 AM
I just finally finished the series and my friends who had seen the finale loved it and said it was great. Personally I thought the final couple of seasons sucked. I hated the white supremacist faction, just annoyed me to know end, including Todd who IMO was a pretty weak character overall. As soon as Todd, his uncle and his uncle's crew became factor it went to ####.

I also very much hated the ending (and the lead up), especially Jesse just ramming through the gates with no follow-up. The stuff around Walter's family was kinda lame. Why wouldn't they be with Marie? She needs someone as much as they do at this point in time and she wouldn't want them living in a dump. The Walter dying part was fine, it is what I expected and IMO should have happened, the only change IMO is Hank should have shot him.

Methanolic
05-31-2014, 10:25 AM
^

tsk, tsk, tsk.

Wash your mouth out with soap....No......You should be forced to brush your teeth with peppermint crest and eat a red delicious apple right after!

;)

trackercowe
05-31-2014, 12:37 PM
I am sure Skylar and Marie's relationship was destroyed. Marie probably in part blames Skylar for Hank's death (and deservedly so). It wouldn't be all that surprising if they no longer talk to each other, let alone live together.

Daradon
05-31-2014, 02:21 PM
I just finally finished the series and my friends who had seen the finale loved it and said it was great. Personally I thought the final couple of seasons sucked. I hated the white supremacist faction, just annoyed me to know end, including Todd who IMO was a pretty weak character overall. As soon as Todd, his uncle and his uncle's crew became factor it went to ####.

I also very much hated the ending (and the lead up), especially Jesse just ramming through the gates with no follow-up. The stuff around Walter's family was kinda lame. Why wouldn't they be with Marie? She needs someone as much as they do at this point in time and she wouldn't want them living in a dump. The Walter dying part was fine, it is what I expected and IMO should have happened, the only change IMO is Hank should have shot him.

I do think the episodes after Ozymandis (sp) were a bit of a let down. However with the build up they had, it was impossible and no matter what you did someone would be upset.

But that didn't bug me so much because it was such a ride getting there. That epusode was like my finale. Watching Walt see Hank die, and finally lose it with his family was pure drama and one of the best things I've seen on any screen.

Alberta_Beef
06-01-2014, 01:50 AM
I do think the episodes after Ozymandis (sp) were a bit of a let down. However with the build up they had, it was impossible and no matter what you did someone would be upset.

But that didn't bug me so much because it was such a ride getting there. That epusode was like my finale. Watching Walt see Hank die, and finally lose it with his family was pure drama and one of the best things I've seen on any screen.I agree that was a good episode. And I am not terribly upset, just don't feel like it lived up to the hype I guess. The only finale that ever got me upset/mad was the ending for The Sopranos

Yamer
06-01-2014, 10:55 AM
I agree that was a good episode. And I am not terribly upset, just don't feel like it lived up to the hype I guess. The only finale that ever got me upset/mad was the ending for The Sopranos

I loved The Sopranos ending. Lost's finale was entirely rage inducing.

Hockey_Ninja
06-13-2014, 09:25 AM
After finally watching this, where do you guys think it ranks all-time? I think calling it the best show ever might be a bit of a stretch but it has to be near the top of the list. How many shows can say they got better each year?

DownhillGoat
06-13-2014, 09:30 AM
Easily #1 for me. Knocked Firefly off the top of my list.

bubbsy
06-13-2014, 09:30 AM
i suppose i got in on breaking bad after the hype train, so was just expecting more. Like most shows the first few seasons were great, but the latter ones got a bit redundant in theme and the story more and more of a stretch. Still fun show to watch.

the show's feel itself seemed to evolve over its span , which seems a bit rare. it started almost as a comedic drama but transitioned to something much colder.

Flabbibulin
06-13-2014, 09:32 AM
After finally watching this, where do you guys think it ranks all-time? I think calling it the best show ever might be a bit of a stretch but it has to be near the top of the list. How many shows can say they got better each year?

I can only say it is one of the only serial television shows that I have been able to watch more than once from the beginning. Plenty of other serial shows that I loved, but was never able to watch for a second time without losing interest.

Usually people want some time to pass before they anoint a tv show as one of the best, but I can see this being regarded as one of the best several years from now. One of the rare shows that did not go downhill in the latter seasons- arguably improved.

Winsor_Pilates
06-13-2014, 11:58 AM

How fast did you watch through the series?

I felt the same way, but I think it's largely in part that I watched through everything in a couple of weeks.
I had seen various episodes before, and knew about Fring, Saul, Michael and most of the main characters, but not Todd and his crew.

After connecting with all of the other characters, those guys really just felt like filler to come up with a story line for the last season.

But I think had I watched it 1 episode a week like the live viewers, that might have been different. Those guys would have been around longer in my real world mind, and they wouldn't have felt like such throwaways as they did to me.
One of the things about watching shows in the DVD/PVR/Download age is that you don't give yourself the real world time to mentally digest new characters.

Maritime Q-Scout
06-13-2014, 01:27 PM
I think a good drama has it all. Comedic timing, smart writing and characters that bring you in and you identify with. Therefore I'd put drama above sitcom, or any other type of show.

Best shows I've watched (nt to be confused with favourite)

Game of Thrones
Breaking Bad
Lost
Battlestar Galactica

Shows I've watched but haven't figured out their place yet

The West Wing
House of Cards
Orange is the New Black
The Walking Dead
True Detective
The Sopranos

Shows that I've never watched but I believe wild warrant discussion:

M*A*S*H
Dallas
Mad Men
Dexter

Yamer
06-13-2014, 01:35 PM
Probably top 3 for me, although I'm not sure in what order.

Deadwood
Breaking Bad
True Detective
Sopranos
The Shield
Game of Thrones

All in the mix. Justified tries to nudge its way in (extremely underrated show), Boardwalk Empire, probably some others I can't think of off the top of my head.

trackercowe
06-13-2014, 01:38 PM
Don't forget The X-Files, and of course The Wire (which is probably the best of them). There there is Lost, Oz, Buffy, 24, and a few others that would be in contention for my top ten.

Yamer
06-13-2014, 01:42 PM
I really have to make a concerted effort to give The Wire another shot.

trackercowe
06-13-2014, 01:51 PM
I won't hedge and say The Wire is my favorite show, but it is without a doubt the best show that's ever been on television (or perhaps any visual medium). I know that's saying a lot, but it's so far above its contemporaries, that it almost transcends the format. Although it could very well be my favorite as well, but for some reason a show that good is kinda difficult to judge in a moment.

Rottentomatoes actually had a good article for it this week. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/1930685/weekly_binge_the_wire/

I liked this comment in particular:

Absolutely brilliant show. It is rare that a bit of fiction changes the way you view the world. The Wire uses characters and dialogue to engross you into the workings of the city (both legal and illegal) that are uncomfortably real. There are times you wonder "are these actors? Do they have a make up crew?" The court room is not comfortable or staged. Everything is authentic; you can almost smell the scenes. There are so many lessons to be learned from this great series.

Hemi-Cuda
06-13-2014, 09:53 PM
Shows that I've never watched but I believe wild warrant discussion:

M*A*S*H
Dallas
Mad Men
Dexter

Not even close with Dexter. Season 4 was the only one that really had the show on par with the other great shows in your list, and that was mostly due to John Lithgow. It went so far downhill from there that it was a joke at the end

Maritime Q-Scout
06-14-2014, 06:51 AM
Not even close with Dexter. Season 4 was the only one that really had the show on par with the other great shows in your list, and that was mostly due to John Lithgow. It went so far downhill from there that it was a joke at the end

Dexter I just couldn't get into. But it seemed like everyone watched it and during it's run it was beloved.

I wouldn't hold me not getting into a show as a knock against it as I couldn't get into Mad Men either.

Although the longer things go the less saying power Dexter seems to have.

Displaced Flames fan
06-14-2014, 10:32 AM
I believe Dexter's (the show, not the character) biggest mistake was the elimination of Sgt Doakes. The chemistry between those two actors was fantastic and after Doakes was killed off the only think in the show that came close (and to be fair it exceeded) that chemistry was between Dexter and Trinity in Season 4.

Good, not great, series.

Yamer
06-14-2014, 10:35 AM
^^^You may want to spoiler that, just in case.

Flash Walken
06-15-2014, 11:38 AM
Dexter? Blech.

Schlocky camp.

Breaking Bad is probably a top 15 - top 10 show for me. Can name many better shows without giving the list much thought.

The natural conclusion of the show was After he killed Fring. Then the next natural conclusion was when he had Hank killed. The final season left a lot to be desired.

Daradon
06-21-2014, 02:17 AM
Dexter? Blech.

Schlocky camp.

Breaking Bad is probably a top 15 - top 10 show for me. Can name many better shows without giving the list much thought.

The natural conclusion of the show was After he killed Fring. Then the next natural conclusion was when he had Hank killed. The final season left a lot to be desired.

I really liked Walt becoming the big boss. That was right up his character arc. His whole problem was being too ego driven to begin with. The natural progression was to be the guy at the top.

I just wonder if they rushed the story too much after that. While it was a real good thing that they stopped the show at the heights of it's popularity, and something more shows should do, instead of trying to squeeze out every last dime and ruining the story in the process, I think there wasn't enough of Walt BEING the boss to have it make as much sense as it should have. Plus you coulda had some real fun episodes with it.

As well, the biker gang just coming in and taking over seemed a little off. I don't wanna say lazy, cause it wasn't horrible, but maybe if they had spent a little more time developing the story of Walt as the boss, they coulda found a better reason for his downfall.

Well I guess Hank was the big reason for his downfall, but you know what I mean.

Instead of a longer split season, maybe two full seasons for Walt as the boss and his downfall woulda been the way to go.

Erick Estrada
06-21-2014, 06:10 PM
I'm still in the overrated camp for Breaking Bad because the last season actually wasn't that great but seasons 2 through 4 were very good. After Gus got killed the show kind of spiralled out of focus.

Regulator75
12-05-2014, 06:15 AM
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00N0XY5ZU/

Great deal! Breaking Bad: The Complete Series Limited Edition 2014 Barrel (Bilingual) [Blu-ray] Only $119.99

chemgear
12-05-2014, 06:26 AM
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00N0XY5ZU/

Great deal! Breaking Bad: The Complete Series Limited Edition 2014 Barrel (Bilingual) [Blu-ray] Only $119.99

Non barrel set is also cheap at $87. I think it has everything except the physical goodies.

Acey
07-10-2015, 09:00 PM
VLEfrulUEcs

Schraderbrau
10-27-2015, 09:19 PM
Story showing that a new season of breaking bad is set to start filming in December. If this is for real I'm very interested in seeing what takes place:

http://nbc.com.co/vince-gilligan-announces-breaking-bad-season-6-begins-shooting-december-2015-walt-did-not-die/

Hockey Fan #751
10-27-2015, 09:22 PM
Ah yes that well-known website nbc.com.co :)

Schraderbrau
10-27-2015, 09:42 PM
Ah yes that well-known website nbc.com.co :)

Not real?

Finger Cookin
10-27-2015, 09:47 PM
Well, that site is also running stories about The Big Lebowski 2 which will begin shooting next year. And that Obama is running for President for a third term.

Schraderbrau
10-27-2015, 09:48 PM
We'll never mind then.

blankall
10-27-2015, 09:57 PM
Story showing that a new season of breaking bad is set to start filming in December. If this is for real I'm very interested in seeing what takes place:

http://nbc.com.co/vince-gilligan-announces-breaking-bad-season-6-begins-shooting-december-2015-walt-did-not-die/

A prequel?

It actually just features a mild mannered school teacher trying to do his best to help his students with the simple troubles of being a teen.

Flabbibulin
10-27-2015, 10:25 PM
We need a Gus Fring prequel/spin-off.

troutman
10-28-2015, 11:08 AM
Not sure they could do a sequel/prequel. They are all working on Saul?

Here you can listen to a detailed podcast about every episode:

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/breaking-bad-insider-podcast

Breaking Bad Insider Podcast

Vince Gilligan (Breaking Bad's creator) and Kelley Dixon (Breaking Bad editor) host a weekly conversation with the cast and crew of AMC's original series Breaking Bad.

Finger Cookin
10-28-2015, 11:09 AM
We need a Gus Fring prequel/spin-off.

But it has nothing to do with any of his criminal activities. Its all about the trials and tribulations of being a regional manager of a fast food chain.

Hockey Fan #751
10-28-2015, 11:32 AM
But it has nothing to do with any of his criminal activities. Its all about the trials and tribulations of being a regional manager of a fast food chain.

Person #1: Why me, Gus? Why do I have to work the deep fryer today?

Gus: I like to think I see things in people.

devo22
10-28-2015, 11:42 AM
They are all working on Saul?
They are, and thank god for that. Usually I'm not a fan of spin-offs, but BCS is just awesome. I'd rather see them all concentrate on Saul than attempt a BB prequel.

Regulator75
03-21-2016, 09:29 AM
Started re-watching last week and am already on season two.

There is so much I've forgotten about, plus I'm watching it with someone who hasn't seen it before.

Damn I love this show.

Weitz
03-21-2016, 09:58 AM
Started re-watching last week and am already on season two.

There is so much I've forgotten about, plus I'm watching it with someone who hasn't seen it before.

Damn I love this show.

Haha I actually did too. On Season 2 Episode 4 right now.

So much you don't remember plus if you have seen Better Call Saul it makes it more interesting.

Regulator75
03-21-2016, 10:02 AM
Haha I actually did too. On Season 2 Episode 4 right now.

So much you don't remember plus if you have seen Better Call Saul it makes it more interesting.

Yup, watching Saul as well.

Cool to see Domingo and Tuco again in Saul.

I laughed so hard at Tuco, " tight, tight, tight."

sPfxMIhEUrQ

Hockey Fan #751
03-13-2017, 10:24 AM
This is pretty cool. Has anyone watched it?

http://www.maxim.com/entertainment/filmmakers-2-hour-movie-breaking-bad-2017-3

Fuzz
03-13-2017, 10:28 AM
Thanks, downloading for later, as this will get removed, I'm sure.

Fuzz
11-07-2018, 08:23 AM
More Breaking Bad coming!
Five years after the conclusion of the original series, a Breaking Bad movie is in the works from the series’ original creator Vince Gilligan, according to the Albuquerque Journal (https://www.abqjournal.com/1242610/breaking-bad-coming-to-the-big-screen.html) and Variety (https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/breaking-bad-movie-in-the-works-1203021681/).
While it isn’t clear if this new project will be a theatrical release or a TV movie in the same vein as those recently announced for The Walking Dead (https://www.polygon.com/tv/2018/11/5/18063456/walking-dead-andrew-lincoln-rick-grimes-3-tv-movies), another AMC show, the Albuquerque Journal reports that the film is using the production title Greenbrier and will follow “the escape of a kidnapped man and his quest for freedom.”

https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/7/18071756/breaking-bad-movie-vince-gilligan

Yamer
11-07-2018, 09:50 AM
More Breaking Bad coming!

https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/7/18071756/breaking-bad-movie-vince-gilligan

That sounds like a Jesse movie.

Johnny Makarov
11-07-2018, 10:15 AM
That sounds like a Jesse movie.

He needs the money BITCH!! Aaron Paul: One hit wonder!

blankall
11-07-2018, 10:32 AM
He needs the money BITCH!! Aaron Paul: One hit wonder!

He's actually had a lot of work since BB. Bojack Horseman, the Path, and now Westworld.

DownhillGoat
11-07-2018, 01:42 PM
Not to mention he had a lot of work before BB. Strange statement.

lazypucker
11-07-2018, 04:33 PM
Does this mean we get to see more Badger and Skinny Pete? That will be awesome!

Cecil Terwilliger
11-07-2018, 07:25 PM
Exclusive: The ‘Breaking Bad’ Movie Will Be a Sequel Following Jesse After the Series Finale, Aaron Paul to Return

https://www.slashfilm.com/breaking-bad-movie-jesse-pinkman/

Shazam
11-07-2018, 07:30 PM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/415/220/1d7.gif

Wormius
11-07-2018, 09:10 PM
Runs into Gene at the Cinnabon and wants his money.

monkeyman
11-07-2018, 10:14 PM
Runs into Gene at the Cinnabon and wants his money.

Where's my money bitch!

troutman
06-26-2019, 10:09 AM
'Breaking Bad' Reunion Rumours Sparked by Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul
The show's stars both are telling us "soon"
https://exclaim.ca/film/article/breaking_bad_reunion_rumours_sparked_by_bryan_cran ston_and_aaron_paul?utm_source=facebookpage&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=fbpwall&fbclid=IwAR2bOwT-f8UyAvkFZZuVtnUDeBb2wlatvuLhq0HV81PT_I5djyhHdbVdTG o

various reports emerged that Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul boss man Vince Gilligan (http://exclaim.ca/artists/vince_gilligan) was secretly making a Breaking Bad film (http://exclaim.ca/film/article/breaking_bad_is_reportedly_getting_its_very_own_mo vie). At this point, though, Cranston, Paul and Gilligan have all remained painfully silent about the rumoured film, though reports in February said the movie could debut first on Netflix (https://exclaim.ca/film/article/the_breaking_bad_movie_will_be_a_direct_sequel_and _its_coming_out_on_netflix) before airing on AMC.

Jacks
08-28-2019, 03:52 PM
Coming soon to a Netflix near you
lZKqMVPlDg8

Ashasx
09-23-2019, 03:57 PM
Xw7Aii1Fyq4

djsFlames
09-24-2019, 01:20 AM
beyond excited for El Camino.

Hearing Aaron's reaction to the script in an interview makes me think this movie will be at BB's level of genius writing. Unlike many other post-series movie attempts which usually don't do well to justify their existence.

blankall
09-24-2019, 04:06 AM
beyond excited for El Camino.

Hearing Aaron's reaction to the script in an interview makes me think this movie will be at BB's level of genius writing. Unlike many other post-series movie attempts which usually don't do well to justify their existence.

They've already put together amazing work on Better Call Saul. I'm hoping we're getting a slightly more action orientated version of that.

Ashasx
09-24-2019, 09:40 AM
1JLUn2DFW4w

Sounds like Willem Dafoe to me.