Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2021, 09:57 AM   #1801
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
What could their reasons be for a 'no' vote?
The Fonz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:57 AM   #1802
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lizard person Pelosi supported it
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 10:12 AM   #1803
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
To get people talking about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2021, 10:15 AM   #1804
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
To get people talking about them.
We have a winner. MTG raised over $3 million in Q1 this year, despite there not being even a primary for 16 more months. The biggest part of the grift is to stay in the news so you can cry for donations.
Old 04-16-2021, 12:06 PM   #1805
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1383097700946694147

That’s cool. I do like “walking back an earlier pledge”as it’s such a nice way of saying broken promise. “Tell my wife I’m terribly sorry but I’m walking back an earlier pledge to be faithful”
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2021, 12:49 PM   #1806
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

nm
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 12:52 PM   #1807
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
We have a winner. MTG raised over $3 million in Q1 this year, despite there not being even a primary for 16 more months. The biggest part of the grift is to stay in the news so you can cry for donations.
What a disaster of a system.

To me it all stems from tribal politics, and I don't know how, but we need to do everything we can to fight it.

I used to be a card carrying member of the Federal Conservatives, I got rid of that as I felt the card was determining who I vote for prior to the actual platforms being released. Unless you an actively working for the party, I don't think anyone should be pre-determine their vote based on the party label.

This tribalism just scares me, I think the foundation of our society is at risk.
Anyway, that's my obvious know-it all ted talk for today.

Last edited by Mull; 04-16-2021 at 12:57 PM.
Mull is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mull For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2021, 12:54 PM   #1808
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

nm -wrong thread
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 02:56 PM   #1809
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Speaking of a certain twat, introducing the White Power Caucus...

https://twitter.com/user/status/1383106255930155008
https://twitter.com/user/status/1383106403800334348
https://twitter.com/user/status/1383106495907250179

The full document, if you dare...

https://punchbowl.news/wp-content/up...rm-FINAL-2.pdf
Old 04-16-2021, 03:11 PM   #1810
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

ah, so conservatives are returning to their roots and seeking to restablish the monarchy? That is the form of political tradition followed by the Anglo Saxons, historically speaking.

What a bunch of morons. They can't even do racism right. They do understand that most of them aren't anglo saxon either right? The vast majority are just regular old german stock down there in the USA.

Actually now that I think about it more, no doubt they ascribe exactly to the Anglo-Saxon political model: Strong leadership King with ultimate authority (Trump) and council of "wise men" councillors from noble class who get to suggest things to him, the Witenagemot.

Last edited by Monahammer; 04-16-2021 at 03:17 PM.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 03:15 PM   #1811
mrdonkey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
ah, so conservatives are returning to their roots and seeking to restablish the monarchy? That is the form of political tradition followed by the Anglo Saxons, historically speaking.

What a bunch of morons. They can't even do racism right. They do understand that most of them aren't anglo saxon either right? The vast majority are just regular old german stock down there in the USA.
"Returning to" or "making known"?
mrdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 03:16 PM   #1812
Swift
Not Taylor

Exp:

Looked up Gosar on Wikipedia. Ethnically, he's Slovenian and Basque.
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Swift For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2021, 03:27 PM   #1813
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
I'm guessing to do with stem cells, and wanting to say they're on the side of unborn children or some such crap.

but also as others are said, to remain in the news. keep their names out there.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 04:46 PM   #1814
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is so Florida. Hard to believe that we're still seeing s*** like this in 2021, but here we are. It's pure evil any way you slice it.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...l-inspections/

Quote:
The GOP-led Florida House of Representatives on Wednesday voted 70-44 along party lines to pass HB 1475, which would ban transgender female athletes from competing on women’s athletic teams in both high school and college while subjecting some students-athletes to “genital inspections” before they can play.

Also called the “Fairness in Women’s Sports Act,” the measure effectively states that student-athletes who were biological males at the time of their birth cannot compete on women’s athletic teams. Student-athletes born biological females may still compete on male or female teams.
Quote:
According to the legislation, disputes regarding a student’s sex under the law would be resolved with a “health examination and consent form” verifying the student’s biological sex.

“The health care provider may verify the student’s biological sex as part of a routine sports physical examination by relying only on one or more of the following: 1. The student’s reproductive anatomy; 2. The student’s genetic makeup; or 3. The student’s normal endogenously produced testosterone levels,” the text of the five-page bill reads.
Quote:
The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Board of Governors on Monday denounced the measure, saying it was already considering pulling championship competitions from states that continue to pass anti-transgender legislation.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 05:03 PM   #1815
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/16/polit...fer/index.html

A heavy metal guitarist with ties to the Oath Keepers pleaded guilty Friday to two crimes related to the US Capitol insurrection, making him the first rioter to do so.

One hundred days after the January 6 attack, Schaffer is now the first pro-Trump rioter to plead guilty and admit his crimes.

In his plea deal, Schaffer is described as a "founding lifetime member" of the Oath Keepers, though his lawyers previously claimed in court that he didn't know much about the paramilitary group.

As part of the deal, Schaffer also "admits his belief that the Electoral College results were fraudulent is not a legal justification" for storming the Capitol complex.

Prosecutors and Schaffer's attorneys agreed to recommend that he get between 3.5 and 4.5 years in prison, based on how fruitful his cooperation is with the government. The sentencing decision will ultimately be made by federal Judge Amit Mehta, who is overseeing the case.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2021, 10:53 PM   #1816
wittynickname
wittyusertitle

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
This is so Florida. Hard to believe that we're still seeing s*** like this in 2021, but here we are. It's pure evil any way you slice it.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...l-inspections/
I do find it interesting that the same people horrified by a "passport" to show one's vaccination record, and who panic at the idea of a trans person in the same restroom as their child, would be totally fine with their children being subjected to arbitrary genital checks.

Like who is performing said screenings?
How do they determine a child requires one?
What the hell adult signs up to do genital screenings on children anyway?
wittynickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:51 PM   #1817
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

So here's some news. Remember that Afghan bounty story that the the MSNBC crowd went bat#### about last year? Yeah, apparently it's likely bull####.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/20...ps-afghanistan
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 12:39 AM   #1818
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post

Actually now that I think about it more, no doubt they ascribe exactly to the Anglo-Saxon political model: Strong leadership King with ultimate authority (Trump) and council of "wise men" councillors from noble class who get to suggest things to him, the Witenagemot.
I mean, technically.... anglo-saxons originated in the northern German regions and are germanic
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 10:51 AM   #1819
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just when you think Texas couldn't possibly get any crazier.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-g...ermit-handgun/

Quote:
The Texas House passed a bill Thursday that would allow people to open carry handguns without a permit. If approved, it would make Texas the largest state in the nation to allow no-permit handgun carry.

The bill is advancing through the Texas legislature despite opposition from local police chiefs, who said it puts officers at risks and lets citizens carry guns without proper training and vetting.

The GOP-led state House passed the bill in 84-56 vote, mostly along party lines. More than 20 proposed amendments, mostly from House Democrats, failed to make it into the final legislation.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 12:27 PM   #1820
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jesus...when you can't get the cops on the side of a Republican bill, you know it's bat#### crazy.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote