Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2024, 07:49 AM   #221
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa GM View Post
That’s awesome, and I see Raisaitl as an LA King after next season as well. And as with McDavid, they won’t consider trading him and will work signing him to the last minute because why wouldn’t he want to spend his entire career with the mighty Oilers.

The darkest of darkest days are about to set in up north, it is going to be amazing to watch.
Well at least they'll have 10 million dollar Bouchard.

Diss, why do you think Mavi signed an 8 year deal if he wanted back to Toronto so bad? Could have easily made it 5 years. He'd already be there.
Major Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 08:26 AM   #222
tony-soprano
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Wins just feel so much better vs the Oilers.
tony-soprano is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tony-soprano For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 08:30 AM   #223
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Major View Post
Well at least they'll have 10 million dollar Bouchard.

Diss, why do you think Mavi signed an 8 year deal if he wanted back to Toronto so bad? Could have easily made it 5 years. He'd already be there.
First, they paid him well to do it. Second, he was young and the team was projected to have the trajectory to possibly win multiple Cups. Third, he was a lot less assertive back then and I am sure he had pressure from those former Oiler legends. Fourth, they would give him anything he wanted and cater to his every whim.

I am sure he also felt an obligation to Edmonton as the team that drafted him to try and deliver a SC and with all the hype and pampering I am sure he wanted to. Now he has been through the ringer there and the end goal was always to play for the Leafs eventually. He is going to be able to walk away feeling like he did everything he could to win a Cup for Edmonton but now he has earned as a UFA his right to go play where he wants.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 09:06 AM   #224
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

I am obviously happy to defeat the Grease. But I hope this doesn't confuse Conroy on what still needs to be done at the trade deadline.
cannon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 09:16 AM   #225
zuluking
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon7 View Post
I am obviously happy to defeat the Grease. But I hope this doesn't confuse Conroy on what still needs to be done at the trade deadline.
Do you really believe that a single game, albeit beating the oilers, will throw Conroy and management in disarray and confusion as per the plan for the trade deadline? I just don’t understand these comments.
Old 02-25-2024, 09:25 AM   #226
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
First, they paid him well to do it. Second, he was young and the team was projected to have the trajectory to possibly win multiple Cups. Third, he was a lot less assertive back then and I am sure he had pressure from those former Oiler legends. Fourth, they would give him anything he wanted and cater to his every whim.

I am sure he also felt an obligation to Edmonton as the team that drafted him to try and deliver a SC and with all the hype and pampering I am sure he wanted to. Now he has been through the ringer there and the end goal was always to play for the Leafs eventually. He is going to be able to walk away feeling like he did everything he could to win a Cup for Edmonton but now he has earned as a UFA his right to go play where he wants.
Thanks, makes sense. It is really funny how the Oilers how thirstily they have acted to keep him there. Not obvious at all they are worried he's leaving them.
Major Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 09:28 AM   #227
sharkov
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Oilers wearing the brown pants yesterday. A appropriate choice given the beat down that the flames were going to give them later
Old 02-25-2024, 09:37 AM   #228
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 09:41 AM   #229
kipperiggy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Since there are no tags to remind you.

Edmonton = NO GOOD

Thanks AC!
kipperiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 09:42 AM   #230
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:

I also think that his camp didn't realize that could have signed a shorter deal for a similar AAV. The trend had been 8 year deals after the entry deal. But than the Matthews camp did a 5 year deal for close to max money.

If Drai isn't in L.A. I think Anaheim has been setting themselves up to take a run at him too. He'll be in So Cal for his next contract.
Old 02-25-2024, 09:43 AM   #231
CedarMeter
First Line Centre

Exp:

Does anyone have a clip of Leon’s penalty? I missed it. Heard it was laughable, stupid and selfish.
CedarMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 09:53 AM   #232
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

If I remember correctly, Bobby Orr’s agency used to represent McDavid when he entered the league and when he signed that contract. Pure speculation on my part but if Bobby himself ever did talk to McDavid about signing with the oilers, it would not surprise me if he used is own experience with injuries as a cautionary tale in persuading him to sign a max contract at max dollars. While McDavid is no Bobby Orr (not even close and never will be), both their games were built on being so much better of a skater than anyone else in the league. One or two really bad injuries and that advantage McDavid has could be gone… so for your own financial interests, sign to the max in years and dollars. That doesn’t mean you’re stuck there. If you ever want out, just make it public and Oiler’s management will be forced to trade you. You also have a NMC so you’ll control where you go.
stemit14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stemit14 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 09:56 AM   #233
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

The fact that first oiler goal wasn't whistled dead is so stupid.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 10:00 AM   #234
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarMeter View Post
Does anyone have a clip of Leon’s penalty? I missed it. Heard it was laughable, stupid and selfish.
Yup that was one of the turning points of the game. Dumbest most obvious penalty ever that we then scored on. Shows a real lack of leadership.
Old 02-25-2024, 10:01 AM   #235
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
How did that dog-#### sack of overrated losers win 16 straight games?

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
Maybe they just ran over the other teams goals repeatedly before scoring, then got Ron and friends to spend ten minutes explaining to the refs how it wasn't goaltender interference, because something something McGreasyFace.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 10:06 AM   #236
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
The fact that first oiler goal wasn't whistled dead is so stupid Standard NHL Oiler's Policy.
Fixed that for you.

You see...there is an NHL conspiracy...the problem with Oilers fans is that for some inexplicable reason they think its against them, when its clearly the opposite.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 10:07 AM   #237
icarus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
The fact that first oiler goal wasn't whistled dead is so stupid.
Imagine if the Flames would have started bowling over Skinner in retaliation. The Oilers are much more hooped without Skinner than the Flames without Vladar. Vladar had a great game despite the number of hits he took from the grease.
Old 02-25-2024, 10:17 AM   #238
Badmotorfinger
Draft Pick

Great game, nothing feels better than beating that collection of unlikeable and entitled Bumonton scumbags. So many awesome moments/takeaways:

Coleman a beast, with a sweet hit on McBaby we will be replaying with pleasure for years.

Vladar solid, making big saves when needed.

Hunt with his first as a flame on a great snipe.

Hanifin with a monster game, further upping his trade value.

Hubie with 2 assists, including an incredible pass to Hunt that exposed Nurse and the Oilers D for the tire fire they are. Has 21 pts in his last 22 games.

Kane bitching and chirping the whole game and accomplishing nothing.

Pospisil, Zary and Kadri line continuing to bring it consistently. Pospisil is so hated by other teams and I love it. Kadri enjoying the role of mentor for the rookies. Zary making the scouts look good, just keeps getting better.

Kylington continuing to be a factor in his comeback, chipped in with a helper. Missed that guy and I'm so happy he's back with a smile on his face.

Aside from Pissy running into Vladar and the refs not stopping the play, the striped shirts managed to not ruin the game. Speaking of Pissy, nice effort loser -- takes a selfish penalty helping seal his team's fate. Also, I hope the Flames send the league the video of the attempted spear...what a complete POS.

McDavid 2 pts and a -4, with a couple obvious lack of effort backchecking plays.

At least the Oilers' diarrhea-coloured pants matched their crap-the-bed effort in their own barn.

The Oilers will finally be hitting a tougher part of their schedule and will continue to be exposed as frauds when they take on more playoff-bound teams.

Suck it greasers! GFG!
Badmotorfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 10:17 AM   #239
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

What a great game by the flames. Talk about a pack of hungry hyenas. They absolutely worked over the oilers. Well done from every single flame last night.

It hasn’t been discussed enough how bad that officiating was last night… probably because the flames powered through it and the oilers did not really have too many powerplays so I guess it could have been worse. But the number of times the officials took guys from both sides when it should have just been one were ridiculous. When McDavid went after Andersson… Andersson didn’t do anything! Like he did nothing at all to deserve any kind of penalty. That was all McDavid. Never seen a bigger example of “well, it’s McDavid so…” in my life. Embarrassing for the officials to do that… it was like when Lucic hit McDavid with a completely clean hit in the playoffs in game 1 and they game him a roughing penalty.

And Ron McLean is so brutal to watch or listen to. It has gotten so bad and ridiculous how much he loves the oilers and is out to defend/cheer for them every chance he gets on HNIC. That play with Huberdeau and Ekholm… I can’t believe he tried to completely ignore what Ekholm did to Huberdeau to start the whole thing - good on Bieksa for immediately calling him out on that. As if Ekholm shoving a guy in the numbers into the boards head first is nothing?! Huberdeau got up from there, looked at the ref who was 6 feet away from the play and had not raised his arm to call Ekholm… so Huberdeau took matters into his own hands and started giving him the lumber. Completely reasonable IMO. If the ref is not going to do anything about a guy doing something like that, then I’ll take care of myself I guess.

Way to go flames! Oilers can have their Sportsnet cheerleaders… will make it all the more enjoyable when they fail. Hopefully they miss the playoffs by a single point and flames fans look back as this dominating defeat and can give oilers fans the Wrath of Kahn treatment… “I just wanted you to know it was me who had beaten you.”
stemit14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to stemit14 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 10:22 AM   #240
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was pleased to read so much Oiler hate in the reddit game thread.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post: