Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2024, 01:23 AM   #201
butterfly
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It's great that the Flames won, but Ron MacLean knows the difference between murder and attempted murder.
butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to butterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 01:26 AM   #202
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Reading the ATL, and it looks like some Coiler fans are finally cluing in to McAvi and Raisaitl

Wonderful tears in there, though
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 01:27 AM   #203
butterfly
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Reading the ATL, and it looks like some Coiler fans are finally cluing in to McAvi and Raisaitl

Wonderful tears in there, though
Hopefully not soon enough that they don't sign both of them to max term, max money extensions.
butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to butterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 01:36 AM   #204
3rd liner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Dumbnell looks confused on every play. Low IQ? No hockey sense? Grade 3 education? All of the above?
3rd liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 01:44 AM   #205
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have no problem pitching in money if Gaskal starts doing an ATL after every Oilers loss!
Old 02-25-2024, 01:46 AM   #206
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd liner View Post
Dumbnell looks confused on every play. Low IQ? No hockey sense? Grade 3 education? All of the above?
LOL. it took me a few mins to figure out who Dumbnell was since most of them are dumb.

Edmonton is No Good and Dumb.
Old 02-25-2024, 01:50 AM   #207
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
Hopefully not soon enough that they don't sign both of them to max term, max money extensions.
If there is one thing I am positively certain of it is that McDavid is going to free agency because there is only one team his heart has always been with and it isn't Edmonton. He will 100% be a Maple Leaf. His fanatism of the Leafs would make most of us look like casual fans. His room growing up was all Leafs stuff and I know from having connections that are pretty in tune with McDavid that he still follows the team religiously. Nobody in the world wants to bring the Cup back to Toronto more than Connor McDavid, maybe Tavares does just as much, maybe. You watch, the Leafs will absolutely make sure they have the cap to add him in 2026. The funny thing is the Oilers are going to try and sign him right to the end, they can't trade him even if he would waive his NMC, and he will say he is considering re-signing right up until free agency, I have no doubt. He is totally going to John Tavares the Oilers. I would bet substantial money on this. Like this is not just from one person I have heard this from, I will be the most shocked person on planet Earth is McDavid isn't a Leaf come his next contract.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 02:24 AM   #208
Jarome
Draft Pick

A beautiful birthday gift to me from the Flames! 6-3 victory as I’m turning 36 today. Hanifin and Coleman had especially great games. Won’t forget that hit by Coleman. Thanks for posting all the great gifs of it from multiple angles, folks!
Jarome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Jarome For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 02:38 AM   #209
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

No dance video for this win I’m afraid. Only the most accurate equation discovered by man: E=NG
Old 02-25-2024, 05:58 AM   #210
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Blake Coleman...what a game.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 06:18 AM   #211
Sofa GM
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
If there is one thing I am positively certain of it is that McDavid is going to free agency because there is only one team his heart has always been with and it isn't Edmonton. He will 100% be a Maple Leaf. His fanatism of the Leafs would make most of us look like casual fans. His room growing up was all Leafs stuff and I know from having connections that are pretty in tune with McDavid that he still follows the team religiously. Nobody in the world wants to bring the Cup back to Toronto more than Connor McDavid, maybe Tavares does just as much, maybe. You watch, the Leafs will absolutely make sure they have the cap to add him in 2026. The funny thing is the Oilers are going to try and sign him right to the end, they can't trade him even if he would waive his NMC, and he will say he is considering re-signing right up until free agency, I have no doubt. He is totally going to John Tavares the Oilers. I would bet substantial money on this. Like this is not just from one person I have heard this from, I will be the most shocked person on planet Earth is McDavid isn't a Leaf come his next contract.
That’s awesome, and I see Raisaitl as an LA King after next season as well. And as with McDavid, they won’t consider trading him and will work signing him to the last minute because why wouldn’t he want to spend his entire career with the mighty Oilers.

The darkest of darkest days are about to set in up north, it is going to be amazing to watch.
Sofa GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 06:32 AM   #212
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

ATL

Tanev to his agent.....NOT Edmonton, tell them I'm not Jesus
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EVERLAST For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 06:43 AM   #213
All In Good Time
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

From the ATL report

“Bold prediction: the Oil won’t make the playoffs. Given their schedule and lack of consistent play, and awful defence, they will end up on the outside looking in.”

Psst that’s not really that bold!
All In Good Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 06:43 AM   #214
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gboom View Post
Can we go back to Hanifin and ask if he’d reconsider? I know it’s only this season but dude can play and with this attitude/culture changing in a positive direction I think he can be a cornerstone on defence. The whole team was pulling in one direction tonight and it was inspiring to say the least! And Coleman, my goodness, there can’t be a guy in that room that wouldn’t go to war with him any day all day, and if they don’t want to then trade them. Kadri looks like he’s invested as well which is something I wasn’t sure about either. Whatever direction this franchise takes I hope we see the type of effort we saw tonight, it was fantastic. Grit and determination I haven’t witnessed here in a long while, they gave that fans something to cheer about, a highlight game of the year so far! GFG!!
I would trade Anderson all day long before Hanifin. However, if he is insistent on moving and a deal can't be made with the Flames, not much the Flames can do except get the best value back.
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 06:47 AM   #215
Sofa GM
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Went back and looked at all Oiler games to date…….. in 54 games played the opponents have started their backup goalie 27 times…… yeah that’s normal.
Sofa GM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sofa GM For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 06:56 AM   #216
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post

I like Zary.
'you see him every night, smooth skating, hair flowing in the wind' (about Hannifin).

Go Flames
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 06:58 AM   #217
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

How much did Bieksa win from the idiots who told him Edmonton could come back in the 3rd.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 07:28 AM   #218
Vedder
First Line Centre

Exp:

Oilers giving up over 4 per game since all star break. Skinner turned back into a pumpkin? Paul “just make plays” Coffey out of ideas?
Vedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 07:45 AM   #219
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga12 View Post
"They call me Mr. Coleman. Take a seat son."

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 07:46 AM   #220
kipperiggy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Everyone that wants to trade Andersson and keep Hanifin.

There's a reason Andersson got the A and not Hanifin.

Plus, he wants to be here, unlike another American dude who can’t wait to get out of Canada.

Short of trading Huby and paying through the nose for Hanifin, he’s gone.

Thanks AC!

Last edited by kipperiggy; 02-25-2024 at 09:37 AM.
kipperiggy is offline   Reply With Quote