Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2024, 12:21 AM   #181
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Last edited by AC; 02-25-2024 at 12:36 AM.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 12:21 AM   #182
FlameFan21
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Any win against the Oilers
FlameFan21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 12:22 AM   #183
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gboom View Post
Can we go back to Hanifin and ask if he’d reconsider? I know it’s only this season but dude can play and with this attitude/culture changing in a positive direction I think he can be a cornerstone on defence. The whole team was pulling in one direction tonight and it was inspiring to say the least! And Coleman, my goodness, there can’t be a guy in that room that wouldn’t go to war with him any day all day, and if they don’t want to then trade them. Kadri looks like he’s invested as well which is something I wasn’t sure about either. Whatever direction this franchise takes I hope we see the type of effort we saw tonight, it was fantastic. Grit and determination I haven’t witnessed here in a long while, they gave that fans something to cheer about, a highlight game of the year so far! GFG!!
I mean the contract has never been taken off the table, it's there if he wants it. I would say the fact he is going to forego millions of dollars by signing elsewhere to be in the US means it is highly unlikely anything changes.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 12:23 AM   #184
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm on the keep hanifin train. This guy ####s.

I want them to lose every game at this point except any against the oilers. This was a glorious game and day. Excellent game.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 12:25 AM   #185
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I mean the contract has never been taken off the table, it's there if he wants it. I would say the fact he is going to forego millions of dollars by signing elsewhere to be in the US means it is highly unlikely anything changes.

Bummer IMO. He's had moments of looking ineffective or uninterested. That is not true right now though and hasn't been for a bit.

(Even whipping-boys Bread and Hubey are looking better....)
Old 02-25-2024, 12:25 AM   #186
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

At this point I'd happily trade andersson if a 8 year hanifin contract was in the can. Hanifin-weegar-kylington as the core to lead us into the future sounds just dandy.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 12:28 AM   #187
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsAnOutrage View Post
Listening to ched. Seems like the Oilers and their fans actuallu believe that the Oilers are "16 game win streak" good, when the reality is they are about a .500 team, despite having two superstars, that happened to get it together defensively for 16 games against lesser competition.
No one who saw the Oilers play during that 16 game stretch thought they were “16 game win streak good”.

They were really lucky for a bunch of those games, probably should have lost 5-6 of them at least.

If they lost 5 games just in that stretch that they should have lost, they are 3 points behind us in the standings right now.

Smoke and mirrors is all that team has ever been. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if they missed the playoffs.
Old 02-25-2024, 12:30 AM   #188
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well it seems like he's as good as gone. At least he's going out with a great attitude and trying to help the team to the best of his abilities.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1761648340880781616
jg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jg13 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 12:30 AM   #189
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post
Well it seems like he's as good as gone. At least he's going out with a great attitude and trying to help the team to the best of his abilities.

Yeah he gone.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 12:33 AM   #190
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

A 16 game win streak and they still only have 5 more wins than the Flames.
Old 02-25-2024, 12:33 AM   #191
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Valji just being a #### disturber again. Talk about the two goals, the hard fought win, the teams recent roll? Nah. That doesn't get Valji the retweets he desperately wants.

He couldn't get that tweet out fast enough and was probably bugging Markstrom and Tanev too.

Pretty cliched answer from Hanifin, and he knows exactly who is asking the question. Is he gone? Who knows but he's not giving Valji anything.

Last edited by browna; 02-25-2024 at 12:37 AM.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 12:35 AM   #192
Tbull8
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post

Pretty ridiculous question to ask him when it was literally online the other day that he’s going to be on the market
Tbull8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tbull8 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 12:38 AM   #193
soreshins
First Line Centre

Exp:

It’s allright, I think everyone knows it’s 95% certain that Hanifin is gone. As long as we get a good return in a trade then all is well. He’s been a great Flame and I wish him all the very best wherever he ends up (provided it’s not Edmonton)
soreshins is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to soreshins For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 12:39 AM   #194
nieuwy-89
First Line Centre

Exp:

LOVE beating the Oilers! Especially in their barn, on HNIC. Great game by the Flames. Loved the physicality and the consistency.

That might have been Hanafin’s best game as a Flame. Trade him and Tanev to Vegas to help take out Edmonton and Vancouver in the playoffs!
nieuwy-89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 12:42 AM   #195
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

How did that dog-#### sack of overrated losers win 16 straight games?

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 12:43 AM   #196
Tbull8
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
How did that dog-#### sack of overrated losers win 16 straight games?

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
Look who they played over that stretch haha
Tbull8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tbull8 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 12:48 AM   #197
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Valji just being a #### disturber again. Talk about the two goals, the hard fought win, the teams recent roll? Nah. That doesn't get Valji the retweets he desperately wants.

He couldn't get that tweet out fast enough and was probably bugging Markstrom and Tanev too.

Pretty cliched answer from Hanifin, and he knows exactly who is asking the question. Is he gone? Who knows but he's not giving Valji anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbull8 View Post
Pretty ridiculous question to ask him when it was literally online the other day that he’s going to be on the market
Valid question to ask. He had a great game . Can Calgary retain that talent? Or are they hooked. I want to know.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to combustiblefuel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 12:54 AM   #198
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Around the League Report

Spoiler!
---Hatrick---, 1Nite, 3thirty, 420since1974, 442scotty, 81MC, All In Good Time, Allos, archer, atb, automaton 3, Badmotorfinger, bc-chris, bdubbs, BeltlineFan, ben voyonsdonc, Biff, bigrangy, BigT112, Bill Bumface, BlAcKNoVa, BlindMilwaukee, BloodFetish, Bohica, Bonecrushing Hits, BornBredRed, Braden, browna, btimbit, Buff, Burning Beard, burn_this_city, Calgary4LIfe, calgaryboy, Cali Panthers Fan, CF84, Charcot, Chingas, CKPThunder, clancy, ClarkK, CofR, Cole436, CsInMyBlood, csnarpy, D as in David, Dan403, Demaeon, DigitalCarpenter, dissentowner, drewtastic, DropIt, Drumflamesfan, Duffalufagus, Erick Estrada, expatflame, FacePaint, FanIn80, FFR, Fighting Banana Slug, Finger Cookin, Flame On, FlameFan21, FlamesAreOne, flamesgod, FlamesPuck12, FlamingHomer, flizzenflozz, foofighter15, ForeverFlameFan, Fourteen FTW, Francis's Hairpiece, Freddy, Gaudfather, Geeoff, getbak, GioforPM, Glassplat, GoFlamesGo89, Gondi Stylez, GranteedEV, Great Save Tanev, greyshep, Groot, gvitaly, HockeyKhan, Hockey_Ninja, Howie_16, Huntingwhale, I-Hate-Hulse, IamNotKenKing, Infinit47, Insufficient Funds, Jarome, Jbo, JJJ, Johnny Makarov, josef, Julio, kehatch, KevinKlineReadingABook, KipperRules, KPJ, Lanny'sDaMan, Large11, Leondros, Locke, Madrox, Mass_nerder, midniteowl, Mightyfire89, MissTeeks, MolsonInBothHands, Movechkin, MrMike, Mr_Pilot, Mustache, N-E-B, nieuwy-89, nomad, OldSam, OutToLunch, oxygen, PaperBagger'14, Party Elephant, Pellanor, Poison, Press Level, Prufrock, psyang, puffnstuff, Radio, redflamesfan08, Redliner, Redrum, Reggie Dunlop, Rhettzky, Rick M., Robbob, roberts10, robertsfanatic, rogermexico, Saint Troy, Savvy27, schteve_d, Sgrath, SilverKast, Slacker, SmileyBing, Snuffleupagus, ST20, StAlbertFlame, Tabaracci_31, Tacoman, taxbuster, TBone290, terryclancy, Textcritic, the2bears, Tkachukwagon, tknez16, trublmaker, UKflames, Ullr, VilleN, WhiteTiger, wireframe, Wolven, ZedMan, Ziggy Lidstrom, zontar, zukes, zuluking
Old 02-25-2024, 12:54 AM   #199
Southside403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Great game the refs didn't gift the Oilers a loss
Southside403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Southside403 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2024, 01:19 AM   #200
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post

Cliched answer, but I believe he is sincere. Even though he knows that he will probably be on a different team in a couple of weeks, I have no doubt that he is trying to help the team build up some wins before he goes. He seems like a great professional, and honestly, I hope that by some miracle he decides to stay.