Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2022, 11:17 PM   #201
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneuf_Phan View Post
Who cares? He owns it after every game. Hasn't helped his performance and this is a results based business.
You do you
I have all the time in the world for people who take accountability
Mike Smith on the other hand never owned a poor performance like Markstrom
I’m rooting for him to rebound
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2022, 11:19 PM   #202
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pleeeeeaaaaaase play Vladar more.

Please.
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:24 PM   #203
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlund22 View Post
Would you rather have fans quiet all night putting the pressure on you to win because they expect it or roaring loud pushing you from behind regardless. Regardless yes what gets you a win is outplaying the other team, but which scenario do you think the team would have a better shot to win? If you think the fans dont make a difference in a game then you clearly dont understand sports. Just like a powerplay can build or destroy momentum, so does an engaged crowd.

This is silly. Good teams win road games. Road games generally have insufficient fans to motivate them

Fans are nice. And energizing

But if a team actually needs fans to put them over the top, they aren’t good enough

(I can’t believe the number of posts on this, and am done with the topic, btw. It’s just silly.)
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:32 PM   #204
Backlund22
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
This is silly. Good teams win road games. Road games generally have insufficient fans to motivate them

Fans are nice. And energizing

But if a team actually needs fans to put them over the top, they aren’t good enough

(I can’t believe the number of posts on this, and am done with the topic, btw. It’s just silly.)
Didn't say they need it or are dependent on it. I'm just saying its a lot harder to win as a road team when the home teams fans are super loud and engaged. All I'm saying that as fans if we want a better chance to see a win we gotta do our part as well. If you take the same game and have non energized fans vs energized fans I would say that teams with energized fans with all else equal will win more games. We cant control what goes on the ice, but we can control how loud and engaged we are. If you think you're "owed" a win because you paid money for a seat, then i'd recommend sitting in the nosebleeds.
Backlund22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:33 PM   #205
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

After watching Markstrom’s interview I think he needs to sit for a while. He’s mentally wrecked and Vladar is on a heater.
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goriders For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2022, 11:38 PM   #206
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Didn't say they need it or are dependent on it. I'm just saying it’s a lot harder to win as a road team when the home teams fans are super loud and engaged. All I'm saying that as fans if we want a better chance to see a win we gotta do our part as well. If you take the same game and have non energized fans vs energized fans I would say that teams with energized fans with all else equal will win more games. We cant control what goes on the ice, but we can control how loud and engaged we are. If you think you're "owed" a win because you paid money for a seat, then i'd recommend sitting in the nosebleeds.

Who on earth is saying this?

The fans had literally zero to do with the outcome tonight

The Flames dominated in fan silence, the goalie made two mental errors that cost them, Allen made a good save on Backlund, and they didn’t generate a lot more

I don’t get the fan slant, apparently was wrong about being done with it, and made this last post

That’s all on that from me
Old 12-01-2022, 11:39 PM   #207
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny'sDaMan View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1598545261747666945

He knows he's been poop, but man it looks like he's really taking it hard too. I kinda feel bad for him.
I make $5.85M less a year and im just as hard on myself, albeit needs to be less ofren.

You dont have to feel bad for him. And its ok to say that.
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:41 PM   #208
CGY12
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Forward group lacks pure raw speed. Not to say we don't have good skaters but the speed continues to be an issue with this team for years.
CGY12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:43 PM   #209
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny'sDaMan View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1598545261747666945

He knows he's been poop, but man it looks like he's really taking it hard too. I kinda feel bad for him.

I think there was a bit more of ‘f you’ in the ‘I suck at hockey right now’ than an actual belief

He said it the second time - just didn’t want to talk more about things people saw as plain as the nose in their faces. We saw it, no need to belabour it

Slashing Anderson is not sucking at hockey, and everyone knows that

He actually stopped everything he should have tonight. Just didn’t feel like the interview IMO

Full benefit of hindsight, he should have pretended not to speak English fluently, like Kipper
Old 12-01-2022, 11:47 PM   #210
Backlund22
Draft Pick

Quote:
Who on earth is saying this?

The fans had literally zero to do with the outcome tonight

The Flames dominated in fan silence, the goalie made two mental errors that cost them, Allen made a good save on Backlund, and they didn’t generate a lot more

I don’t get the fan slant, apparently was wrong about being done with it, and made this last post

That’s all on that from me
"Fans are paying good money. They are the consumer. This is entertainment

The team needs to do their ####ing job"

This is that entitlement perspective alluding to me saying sit in the nosebleeds so it doesnt hurt as much if we lose. The Habs fans were all over us tonight, getting in our faces when we got scored on, chirps flying left and right. Managed to throw it right back at them, but it gets tough when other fans around ya arent chiming in. Heard some go habs go chants and I just think as a fan base that just cant be allowed to happen in our own building. I had to holler at the dude with some playful chirps, but I just notice our fans are timid and when they are timid, the away fans can run the rink like its their own and thats just embarrassing.

Sure there were mental errors and goals go in. Once bounce here, one bounce there, maybe a different game and you'd be singing a different tune. Energy from the fans, maybe an extra little pep in some players steps, maybe a bounce goes our way.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:51 PM   #211
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Expecting people to do their job isn’t entitlement

People who have the money to sit in good seats do. People who don’t don’t. Some wonderful fans can’t even afford to go

Who cares?

Players need to do their ####ing job better than the other team, no matter their feeling about who sits where and how loud they are

Last edited by DeluxeMoustache; 12-01-2022 at 11:58 PM.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:55 PM   #212
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Balme Markstrom for two goals but the Flames should have had 6
Old 12-01-2022, 11:57 PM   #213
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Guns View Post
We don’t screen the goalie. As soon as someone shoots the puck everyone gets out of the way. Jake Allen could see every shot he faced tonight. Get Hanifin off the power play. Throw Zadorov out there instead and tell him to stand in front of the net. Dustin Byfuglien style

I was at the game, and he completely controlled rebounds...none came out.
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2022, 11:57 PM   #214
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

we pretty well have to win games 2-1 right now and have less than zero room for error .. gotta roll with vladar
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:59 PM   #215
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45 View Post
No one thought Ruzicka would be a difference maker until the team was pretty much forced to give him an extended audition

Now he’s a difference maker
Ruzicka was about the best player out there. He has great hockey sense, knows where to be, and gets off some pretty good shots. He should be on the first or second line at this point of the season, especially the way the others are playing.
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:59 PM   #216
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Balme Markstrom for two goals but the Flames should have had 6
Yeah, if they didn’t keep hitting that pesky Allen guy

Other than the stop on Backlund, Allen didn’t make any 10 bellers

Shots into the logo and pads are inches away from being dangerous
Old 12-02-2022, 12:00 AM   #217
Backlund22
Draft Pick

Quote:
Expecting people to do their job isn’t entitlement

People who have the money to sit in good seats do. People who don’t don’t. Sound wonderful can’t even afford to go

Who cares?

Players need to do their ####ing job better than the other team, no matter their feeling about who sits where and how loud they are
That's fair I agree with that. Thats on the players though. Like from a player mentality that's exactly how they should be thinking. But I mean come on, fan engagement makes a difference and provides energy to players. We are not players, we are fans. All we can do is cheer and provide support, the rest is up to them, but if we don't do that and give them what we got, then I just say we are pretty crappy fans.

It's like going to an AC/DC concert and staying quiet and saying you need to perform your songs for me cause that's your job. You're gonna get one hell of a better performance if you've got 20,000 screaming.

"Our fans are just as important as the players" - Darryl Sutter

Last edited by Backlund22; 12-02-2022 at 12:05 AM.
Old 12-02-2022, 12:04 AM   #218
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

can they practice their shooting or something .. intensely?

puck to the logo or missing the net equals a shock sensation

beat vladar clean and you get to see your family/ wife again
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 12:05 AM   #219
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
That's fair I agree with that. Thats on the players though. Like from a player mentality that's exactly how they should be thinking. But I mean come on, fan engagement makes a difference and provides energy to players. We are not players, we are fans. All we can do is cheer and provide support, the rest is up to them, but if we don't do that and give them what we got, then I just say we are pretty crappy fans.

It's like going to an AC/DC concert and staying quiet and saying you need to perform your songs for me cause that's your job. You're gonna get one hell of a better performance if you've got 20,000 screaming.

Fair

But AC DC doesn’t have another band trying to stop them from doing their job. They are the only band on stage

In sports, you are walking in to adversity every time you start the game

I’m sure that if the Stones hopped on stage, AC DC would not be turning to the fans for help
The Following User Says Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2022, 12:06 AM   #220
Backlund22
Draft Pick

Quote:
Fair

But AC DC doesn’t have another band trying to stop them from doing their job. They are the only band on stage

In sports, you are walking in to adversity every time you start the game

I’m sure that if the Stones hopped on stage, AC DC would not be turning to the fans for help
Yup but if there were fans of the Stones and fans of AC DC in the crowd, do you not think the louder fans would give the edge to that band?