Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2022, 10:37 PM   #161
BruceCody
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewFan View Post
Toffoli is not 1st line winger, and our 1st PP takes to time to do something.
Can we play Huber-Kadri-Lindholm, Mangi-Backlund-Coleman as top 6?
Kadri not even top 6 forward right now. 1+2 in last 11 games. Only Ritchie and Lucic score lesser same period.
BruceCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:37 PM   #162
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
#### that.

Team is boring, can’t score

Goalie with an easy night makes 2 mental mistakes that hurt the team and lose the game

The millionaires should do their job and give the fans something to cheer for, and certainly to spend their hard earned money on
There’s been lots of good games to cheer for over the last few years, lots of exciting plays, lots of good moments. Give me a break. How about Flames fans cheer for a change, who knows, it could just be a boost the team needs. What’s the worst that could happen?
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:38 PM   #163
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

Woof - what was Markstrom thinking on that first goal (and Hrudey for that matter)? Hrudey said he "had to come out". No, he didn't. Could have stood his ground and MADE the shooter make the play. He scores, good on him, but give up a freebie 13 seconds in? Ugly. Bad decision making.

Speaking of bad decisions: starting Marky in the first place when you have a hot goalie going for you.

More bad decisions: the Power Play is atrocious. Slow. Predictable. Try the bump to the centre/half-boards, back to Andy, back over to the half boards, maybe try a shot from the left winger (oddly WAY more from the left than right); oops lost the puck...again, chase 200 feet, rinse and repeat.

Zero creativity and did I mention waiting. Still waiting. And more waiting. All the while the D and G get set up and have no problem playing the puck. Brutally bad.

This team needs...youth?
Old 12-01-2022, 10:38 PM   #164
Backlund22
Draft Pick

I was at the game tonight and something I've noticed against many of the Canadian teams is that we don't out energy the away teams fans. It's quite embarrassing and we as a fan base need to step up for our team. We can't except to sit back and just watch goals happen and cheer when we are on. Fans underestimate the impact we can have on the game and we need to be better as well. Don't get me wrong the team has a lot to improve on, but we need to do our part as well. If we were doing the same in the opposing teams barn I wouldn't have much to say, but I think we know that isn't the case. They gotta be better, we gotta be better.
Backlund22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Backlund22 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2022, 10:38 PM   #165
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
There’s been lots of good games to cheer for over the last few years, lots of exciting plays, lots of good moments. Give me a break. How about Flames fans cheer for a change, who knows, it could just be a boost the team needs. What’s the worst that could happen?
Seen them this year?
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:38 PM   #166
NewFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

And looks like these players too comfortable in the line up. It's too early but we could call up a couple younger guys to add some energy and some competition in the line up. Wave Rooney.
And may be trade for Tarasenko?
NewFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:40 PM   #167
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Markstrom certainly owned it after the game
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:40 PM   #168
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45 View Post
Flames fans are great, they aren’t as loud as other Canadian fan bases because they aren’t as dumb

They know this team isn’t worth blowing your budget for. The games are boring and the results are middling and they have seen this movie play out too many times
You should go look at attendance trends for the Flames. This isn’t a new revelation I’m bringing up here. The fans (outside of the playoffs) have been brutal for awhile.

Boring games are not lost on me here, cold nights happen in winter, that’s true. But I believe the building is heated, they have some of the cheapest beer in the NHL, and it’s been years of fans being too quiet. It’s total garbage. Team spends to the cap every year and generally Sutter teams work hard. The fans don’t. It matters, so it should be called out.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:41 PM   #169
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tre needs to make some trades.

Quester season is enough.

The lack of team chemistry is glaring.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:41 PM   #170
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Habs fans usually travel quite well. I'd blame the weather.
Toonage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:41 PM   #171
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Seen them this year?
Again, it’s not just this year. Go look at declining attendance trends. This is in an UP oil market this year.

Flames fans have been really bad for a Canadian market. Like, really bad actually.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:43 PM   #172
genetic_phreek
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
While I agree to some degree, it’s hard to play with the lead when your goaltender hands the opponent a lead 15 seconds into the game.
I get it, but then again, it's 13 seconds in. You still have basically the whole game to score more than 1 goal. Looking back on Markstrom's last 4 losses, we have scored a a total of 4 goals for run support. I'm not saying he shouldn't be making more saves but to me the biggest issue for us is scoring. We can disagree on this, I respect it, but I imagine Markstrom feels more pressure because once he lets in a goal it's pretty much over.
genetic_phreek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to genetic_phreek For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2022, 10:44 PM   #173
Phaneuf_Phan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Markstrom certainly owned it after the game
Who cares? He owns it after every game. Hasn't helped his performance and this is a results based business.
Phaneuf_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:44 PM   #174
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Again, it’s not just this year. Go look at declining attendance trends. This is in an UP oil market this year.

Flames fans have been really bad for a Canadian market. Like, really bad actually.

Oh my. High oil prices haven’t translated to increased capex and an employment boom

Not an economics thread

The Flames have sucked this year. They should be grateful for the 18000 that did show up
Old 12-01-2022, 10:47 PM   #175
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Oh my. High oil prices haven’t translated to increased capex and an employment boom

Not an economics thread

The Flames have sucked this year. They should be grateful for the 18000 that did show up
This is the precise entitled attitude I’m talking about. Fans should mix it up and try something different. Players feed off the energy. The Dome / home ice only matters if there is support. Not sitting on hands massive judgement super silent BS and then booing the ####ing goalie for a mistake.

Brutal fans. Go buy a few beers. It’ll help.

How about this attitude instead? Calgarians are super lucky to have the Flames to cheer for through the winter, lucky to have NHL hockey to go support, lucky to have some of the cheapest beer in the league and pretty competitive costs for NHL hockey, etc. it’s cold in the winter. Yeah but you’re also in a car or train and then building for about 95% of the time for the entire experience. If I was an NHL player I’d definitely be a bit turned off / disappointed by the crowd. For sure.

Last edited by Mr.Coffee; 12-01-2022 at 10:50 PM.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:48 PM   #176
All In Good Time
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yeah that first goal was a head scratcher, but, Markstrom played well after that.
Yeah we only got 1 goal, but, Allen made some really nice stops.
And
I gotta say, to me the team looked better than they were against Florida
All In Good Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:49 PM   #177
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I feel sad for Jacob and happy for Sean.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:49 PM   #178
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
This is the precise entitled attitude I’m talking about. Fans should mix it up and try something different. Players feed off the energy. The Dome / home ice only matters if there is support. Not sitting on hands massive judgement super silent BS and then booing the ####ing goalie for a mistake.

Brutal fans. Go buy a few beers. It’ll help.

#### that

Fans are paying good money. They are the consumer. This is entertainment

The team needs to do their ####ing job

Have you thought about recommending Coffee to the team, not beer to the fans?

Because you are, you know, Mr Coffee?
Old 12-01-2022, 10:50 PM   #179
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by genetic_phreek View Post
We scored 1 goal!!! So Markstrom is expected to get a shutout so we could win?
this game was absolutely a shutout waiting to happen

Montreal generated nothing, and Markstrom caused the penalty that brought the PP goal
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2022, 10:52 PM   #180
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Seen them this year?
Yeah, last game comes to mind.
blender is offline   Reply With Quote