Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2022, 11:22 PM   #1941
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

This could either be a random thought or gear grinder. But Minnesota's motto of "The State of hockey" is awful. It should be the hockey state
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 11:54 PM   #1942
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

People spilling coffee. I don’t drink coffee and always get stuck behind people who order it which takes a while or stuck waiting for someone to finish sipping their coffee. It seems like the most spilled drink, making absolute messes all the time. I wish it didn’t exist.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 04:54 AM   #1943
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2 View Post
I read this as grand canyon and thought that would be really cool. And then it wasn't as cool.

Good luck in Montreal! I’ve always appreciated how much you put your body on the line for our team.

Forever a Flame!
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnet Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2022, 08:02 AM   #1944
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
@81MC: Everything about Alberta’s vehicle registration system is archaic and nonsensical. Coming from another province this all seemed redundant and awkward to manage.
It can’t be stupider than Ontario’s. At least they got rid of the scam emissions test required to plate from out of province. “Oh it’s a pickup truck? Oh well we have special plates for those. And the stickers go on the front instead of the back if you have a truck because every truck has a trailer at all times”. And the last two iterations of license plates started to peel within a year or two, because they can’t even make plates here properly.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 08:29 AM   #1945
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
####ing Gov of Alberta and their archaic god damned registry business practises.

My names on pink card policy. Wife’s name on bill of sale. Can I register vehicle? No. Can I register on her behalf? Not without PRINTING a document for her to sign then SCANNING that document and EMAILING said document to specific registry that has the bill of sale EMAILED to them DIRECTLY from the DEALERSHIP.

What kind of cumsock mother####er has a working printer in 2022 and why the hell do I need to print a document to sign it just to scan the god damned thing and email it back to you? My name is on. The. Pink. Slip. For #### sakes.

So I gotta go to staples to print a form to have someone sign to call and ask to have someone email some documents to someone else so I can scan the printed and signed document and email to the same party so I can pay my money to get a license plate.

Get. Bent you mororns
The thing I don't understand about that arrangement (and honestly, with registries there are a lot of things), is what problem they're solving by not letting a husband register a vehicle for their wife. Who cares? Is there a rash of people buying cars and needing them registered and then being upset that their spouse has registered the vehicle? It's just so pointless.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 08:56 AM   #1946
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
The thing I don't understand about that arrangement (and honestly, with registries there are a lot of things), is what problem they're solving by not letting a husband register a vehicle for their wife. Who cares? Is there a rash of people buying cars and needing them registered and then being upset that their spouse has registered the vehicle? It's just so pointless.
Wouldn't it be a legal and a fraud prevention thing? That way people don't end up with vehicles they don't know about registered to themselves (via spouse or someone else) and responsible for what that vehicle does as a result? In a split up, I can tell you very much that it matters who the vehicle is actually registered to (if it's not both spouses) and that comes up...quite a lot.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2022, 09:23 AM   #1947
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Wouldn't it be a legal and a fraud prevention thing? That way people don't end up with vehicles they don't know about registered to themselves (via spouse or someone else) and responsible for what that vehicle does as a result? In a split up, I can tell you very much that it matters who the vehicle is actually registered to (if it's not both spouses) and that comes up...quite a lot.
Also so someone else can’t fraudulently register your vehicle under their name as easily.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 09:28 AM   #1948
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Lol!

I had a new client this year who immigrated from Germany and he was complaining about the same thing.

"Your Government services are inexplicably inefficient and confusing..."

Preach brother
And he probably replied: I am not your brother with a confused look.

The non-sarcasm of Germans is almost as comical as actual sarcasm.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 09:32 AM   #1949
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Yeah and the fraud angle does make some sense. But we have a vehicle that is co-owned and both names are on the bill of sale, so we both had to give consent to register the vehicle...which is just weird. Then, if I want to make a change or get a vanity plate or something like that, I have to have her sign a document. I guess I'm just too trusting, but I can't see the fraud angle for things like that.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 09:35 AM   #1950
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Yeah and the fraud angle does make some sense. But we have a vehicle that is co-owned and both names are on the bill of sale, so we both had to give consent to register the vehicle...which is just weird. Then, if I want to make a change or get a vanity plate or something like that, I have to have her sign a document. I guess I'm just too trusting, but I can't see the fraud angle for things like that.
You only really do it once though. This has a bit to do with legal ownership. This isn't contact information for a subscription service.
DoubleF is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2022, 10:27 AM   #1951
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post

I'm working for a German company right now and the entertainment value is high. I have one colleague who is very much the stereotype, but I also have the Austrian who hacks on the uptight Germans, the Bavarians who hack on the other Germans, etc. It is pretty great to get them all going.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InglewoodFan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2022, 11:06 AM   #1952
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
I'm working for a German company right now and the entertainment value is high. I have one colleague who is very much the stereotype, but I also have the Austrian who hacks on the uptight Germans, the Bavarians who hack on the other Germans, etc. It is pretty great to get them all going.
Careful though...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2022, 11:24 AM   #1953
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
A good part of being old, with few friends, and no contact with extended family.

Haven't been to a wedding in probably 10 years.
Ha! That's what you think! I've gone through the 'going to the first marriages of my friends' phase and have now started recently started the 'going to the second marriages of my friends' phase.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2022, 11:25 AM   #1954
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Ha! That's what you think! I've gone through the 'going to the first marriages of my friends' phase and have now started recently started the 'going to the second marriages of my friends' phase.
Ah...so they're 'digging up' are they?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 11:29 AM   #1955
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Love is love, my man - can't fight it!
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 11:32 AM   #1956
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Extravagant second marriage weddings are the worst. Nobody cares that you dumped your first spouse for your co-worker who is now your 'soulmate'.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chedder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2022, 11:37 AM   #1957
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
Extravagant second marriage weddings are the worst. Nobody cares that you dumped your first spouse for your co-worker who is now your 'soulmate'.
The ones I’ve been to were the second marriage for one partner and the first for the other. Which meant they had a weird vibe where half the wedding party, family, and guests were super amped and anxious up about the big day, and the other half treated it like a random party with an open bar.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2022, 04:53 PM   #1958
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Grown ass adults who get "confused" by #### that a high school student could understand. Screams and yells at people because of their own mistake because they're a dysfunctional social #### and still have the gall to be manipulative/a liar to ask for a discount because they got upset at something that wasn't the other party's fault?

I understand honest mistakes, but this person went full bore jackass on a hairpin trigger when they got impatient. Started screaming at a colleague, then when I took over, pretended to be nice, but called in over my head to the owner and accused me specifically of doing fraud and a poor job on the stuff we did for them? (Owner was on the other side of the wall and knew exactly what happened, the work was never requested nor anything done so that was a blatant lie)

Are you serious? #### you, man. You're super wealthy. If life is hard, go buy soft serve ice cream to match your soft as baby #### ego instead of asking for a discount on a service/free service that isn't much and you absolutely do not deserve after screaming at people because you didn't have a puppy to kick.

Threats to go with another company don't do what you think it makes you do. It only make me feel warm and fuzzy to never have to deal with you again! And honestly, I've already chatted with the owner and we aren't going forward with any further working relationship with you.

UGH. I'm having a couple of fist fulls of drinks this weekend.
DoubleF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 05:55 PM   #1959
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been on vacation since 4:30. Trailer still needs to be packed and prepped for an early morning departure. I've also been working since 7am and still have another 2-3 hours at least of work to get done before I can focus on that.

Vacation is off to a relaxing start.... and it's this way every time I take time off.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2022, 05:57 PM   #1960
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
I've been on vacation since 4:30. Trailer still needs to be packed and prepped for an early morning departure. I've also been working since 7am and still have another 2-3 hours at least of work to get done before I can focus on that.

Vacation is off to a relaxing start.... and it's this way every time I take time off.
You know there are better firms out there you can work for. You sure seem to hate your job.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote