Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2020, 06:28 PM   #2181
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcboicgy View Post
maya's gonna eat
https://twitter.com/user/status/1293311681649614849
Old 08-11-2020, 06:37 PM   #2182
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
"What a nasty nasty woman!" -Trump, in 30 minutes
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
#BREAKING: President Trump responds to Joe Biden choosing Sen. Kamala Harris as his running mate: "She was extraordinarily nasty to Kavanaugh... She was nasty to a level that was just a horrible thing." @thehill

Close enough?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2020, 06:37 PM   #2183
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
#BREAKING: President Trump responds to Joe Biden choosing Sen. Kamala Harris as his running mate: "She was extraordinarily nasty to Kavanaugh... She was nasty to a level that was just a horrible thing." @thehill
He's going to have filthy things to say about her, as always. We'll see what he comes up with.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:21 PM   #2184
HockeyIlliterate
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
lol, just a second here. You're slut shaming her? I'm sure you could find some reasonable things for which you could criticize her, but your first criticism was a judgement - based entirely on rumour - about who she has had sex with? What a beyond-pathetic take. You should be so embarrassed to have said that.
Lol yourself.

Harris being involved in an affair and, by all appearances, benefiting from it is no rumor. The person with whom she was having the affair has admitted that such an affair took place. And the effects of the relationship are pretty well established. You could google it if you desired, but here is a start: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...st%3f_amp=true

I’m not embarrassed for what I wrote. Nor do I have any reason to be.

But I admit that it is rather pathetic for you to take a fact and try to spin it as a rumor.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:36 PM   #2185
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Can’t find anyone other than Fox News and the Washington examiner reporting this as some salacious event. Tabloid level stuff, embarrassing.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2020, 07:38 PM   #2186
FunkMasterFlame
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Stormy Daniels says hello.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:39 PM   #2187
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Can’t find anyone other than Fox News and the Washington examiner reporting this as some salacious event. Tabloid level stuff, embarrassing.
Further, the "around" part of the "sleeping to the top" claim would require a track record of multiple instances of that occurring, and subsequent tangible evidence of advancement.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:42 PM   #2188
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyIlliterate View Post
Lol yourself.

Harris being involved in an affair and, by all appearances, benefiting from it is no rumor. The person with whom she was having the affair has admitted that such an affair took place. And the effects of the relationship are pretty well established. You could google it if you desired, but here is a start: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...st%3f_amp=true

But I admit that it is rather pathetic for you to take a fact and try to spin it as a rumor.
So, it's not a rumor, but you needed to say she may have "slept around" to get certain positions?

Quote:
May have “slept around” to get to certain positions
That's pretty weird. Did she or didn't she?

I mean according to Willie Brown it's a fact they dated, it's also a fact that he appointed her to two different state commissions.

But the notion that she slept around, or that she dated Brown for the purpose of political gain, is at best a rumour, and a worst a flat out lie meant to discredit her.

Whether you're embarrassed or not, it doesn't really change the fact that it's a stupid thing to say and not supported by what actually happened. Want to say she financially benefitted from dating Brown? Sure, you could say that. But Brown himself also said he helped plenty of his friends (he was nowhere near above corruption) and said Harris was the only one to make it explicitly clear when she eventually became DA that she'd prosecute Brown if he so much as jaywalked.

If Harris benefitted from being Brown's girlfriend 25 years ago, it is what it is. But the fact that you think it discounts her today and need to paint the situation as worse is telling. She's done the work and earned what she has today, whether you agree with her politics or not.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2020, 07:44 PM   #2189
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Donald and Ivanka Trump both agree, you should vote for Kamala Harris.

Old 08-11-2020, 07:51 PM   #2190
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Lol yourself.

The Washington Examiner. Almost as credible as this stalwart of journalism.

Almost....
Old 08-11-2020, 07:55 PM   #2191
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Lol yourself.

So you double down on your sexist garbage by posting a link to a tabloid source? How pathetic
Old 08-11-2020, 08:15 PM   #2192
HockeyIlliterate
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Try Politico. Or Harper’s Bazaar. The stories are out there.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:19 PM   #2193
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope she doesn't become too important to do a second interview with Hasan Minhaj!
Old 08-11-2020, 08:22 PM   #2194
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has Trump given Harris a disgusting nickname yet?
Old 08-11-2020, 08:23 PM   #2195
HockeyIlliterate
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
So, it's not a rumor, but you needed to say she may have "slept around" to get certain positions?

That's pretty weird. Did she or didn't she?

I mean according to Willie Brown it's a fact they dated, it's also a fact that he appointed her to two different state commissions.

But the notion that she slept around, or that she dated Brown for the purpose of political gain, is at best a rumour, and a worst a flat out lie meant to discredit her.

Whether you're embarrassed or not, it doesn't really change the fact that it's a stupid thing to say and not supported by what actually happened. Want to say she financially benefitted from dating Brown? Sure, you could say that. But Brown himself also said he helped plenty of his friends (he was nowhere near above corruption) and said Harris was the only one to make it explicitly clear when she eventually became DA that she'd prosecute Brown if he so much as jaywalked.

If Harris benefitted from being Brown's girlfriend 25 years ago, it is what it is. But the fact that you think it discounts her today and need to paint the situation as worse is telling. She's done the work and earned what she has today, whether you agree with her politics or not.
I was being polite.

Mentioning her past is not cause for embarrassment.

And, as an aside, I disagree that she has “earned what she has today.” Let’s be honest here. She got the vp pick because she is a woman and is “of color.” Neither of which she had any personal role in doing.

Last edited by HockeyIlliterate; 08-11-2020 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Typo.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:25 PM   #2196
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Harris is also Asian-American (mother is Indian), but no one ever seems to mention this.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-53745141
Old 08-11-2020, 08:27 PM   #2197
HockeyIlliterate
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
So you double down on your sexist garbage by posting a link to a tabloid source? How pathetic
How about the SF Weekly? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfw...alifornia/amp/

Or, you know, you could do your own research before resorting to “pathetic” responses.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:29 PM   #2198
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Harris is also Asian-American (mother is Indian), but no one ever seems to mention this.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-53745141

Nobody mentions that Tiger Woods is Thai either.

The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2020, 08:32 PM   #2199
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

A lot of people are discounting or flat out ignoring how progressive Harris has been in the senate. She votes with Sanders something like 95% of the time, and her voting record has one of the highest progressive ratings

https://progressivepunch.org/scores.htm?house=senate
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2020, 08:33 PM   #2200
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdpuck View Post
Hmm.

A slut is a woman who has many casual sexual partners.

I don’t know Ms Harris’ sexual past. I just know she’s not my pick.

A woman who uses sex to get things is a manipulative be-atch or perhaps a good businesswoman lol.

Sluts are fine. Sexual manipulators of either sex aren’t. I think that was the point the poster was trying to make.

Not saying Ms Harris did that. Just straightening out a pet peeve of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the fact Kamala's husband's ex-wife is a huge supporter of her speaks volumes for her character. Not too many ex's get along that well with their former's current partner.