Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2024, 05:06 PM   #1621
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CgyFlamesftw View Post
No comments yet on zadorov making fun of Edmonton as a city? Hahaha zadorov = good.
ENG thread
Old 05-11-2024, 05:18 PM   #1622
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I think it's reasonable to think that the Canucks would be playing differently if they had a healthy Demko in net. When you have a safety net like that, it opens up different possibilities.
Yep, when you’re up 3-0 and Demko is in net you can put your skate on their throat instead of playing cautious.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 05:37 PM   #1623
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Its especially hard when you decide to pinch...Its fine, I will be proven right next round no matter who advances.

Defending one line won't be hard for Colorado or Dallas
Who cares about being proven right, this isn't a competition. You always seem fixated on being right.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zary's-Mustache For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2024, 07:20 PM   #1624
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
Who cares about being proven right, this isn't a competition. You always seem fixated on being right.
when we are debating who the better team is it's kinda important lol...the NHL is a competition last I checked.

I think you could make a poll and 90% of CP would agree that there it is VERY unlikely that Vancouver could beat anyone other than Edmonton and maybe Boston of the remaining teams...its not like it was an outlandish comment.
Old 05-12-2024, 02:13 AM   #1625
butterfly
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
All I can find:

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/edmont...offey-incident

Did you see it anywhere else?
Looks like The Hockey News pulled the article. Odd that they went with it in the first place since the source appeared to be an unrelated party on Twitter.
butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 06:13 AM   #1626
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

nm

Last edited by TrentCrimmIndependent; 05-12-2024 at 11:21 AM.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 06:51 AM   #1627
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does anyone find an amazing sportsnet is running articles on all their social media platforms defending the bias reffing? What exactly is there stake with the Oilers besides McDavid?

Scumbags
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2024, 07:17 AM   #1628
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

We need to build a statue of Zadorov after trashing Edmonton!

Come back Big Z!!
Old 05-12-2024, 07:58 AM   #1629
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Dont want Z back!!+ he's a James Neal in the making. Without me this whole team blah blah blah. Yeah....we need allot less of that jackassery
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 08:19 AM   #1630
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:

Z was never a problem here until the team was beyond saving. He got out... Don't blame him. James Neal he is not.
Major Major is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Major Major For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2024, 09:34 AM   #1631
Rejean31
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spector trashing the Vancouver media for whining about officiating. Uh, pot meet kettle. Spector cannot really be this stupid, can he?
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...-over-canucks/
Old 05-12-2024, 10:06 AM   #1632
Groot
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejean31 View Post
Spector trashing the Vancouver media for whining about officiating. Uh, pot meet kettle. Spector cannot really be this stupid, can he?
Thanks for sharing but did you read the article? He didn't trash the media, he literally took blatant shots against the franchise itself. The media just follows the narrative because the entire organization is about "institutionalized surrender" and the reason they haven't won a Cup in 50 years. What a terrible article and incredibly ironic since the Oilers fans always think the league has it out for them.

Quote:
...before we get going, let’s meet the Towel Kid, who waves a white towel before puck drop.

Institutionalized surrender.

People know what waving a white towel stands for, don’t they?

This is the culture that the Canucks players must overcome.

It’s the culture, and dare we say, a culture that has produced a 50-year team without a Stanley Cup banner in its rafters.
Quote:
But the Oilers do have an edge in this series, as does every team who ever played Vancouver.

They are not surrounded by the Great Conspiracy, the way Canucks teams have been for so many years.

They are not burdened by institutionalized surrender, the haunting knowledge that the deck is stacked against them. That if they are able to beat that night’s opponent, the referees will still have to be conquered. And after that, perhaps the league office.

They’re not waving a white towel even before the game begins, because nobody in pro sports celebrates surrender — except for one franchise.

Here, they quit before they play. Because who has a chance with these refs, anyhow?
Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 10:36 AM   #1633
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spec is on a roll. First the "Two-headed monster" article about McDrai, and now this. Dude is such pathetic hack.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 10:44 AM   #1634
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejean31 View Post
Quote:
So, here’s the deal: As an Edmonton-based writer, you can write me off as a homer. Go ahead.
Oh, that ship's long sailed, Spector...
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 10:58 AM   #1635
Rejean31
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Oh, that ship's long sailed, Spector...
The entire media in Edmonton, whether print media or TV media, are all fanboy and fangirl homers. Constantly pumping the tires of that pathetic franchise.
Old 05-12-2024, 11:07 AM   #1636
GUnit
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Lol oh man that article is pure professional journalism, who green lights this WordPress blog level of writing
GUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 11:20 AM   #1637
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

His articles were already bad, but yeesh... those excerpts make him sound like he's gone off the deep end.

Someone needs to pull the plug on him before the oilers win another game and he tosses whatever marbles remain to the wind.
Old 05-12-2024, 01:01 PM   #1638
Rhett44
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I don't know if there is a conspiracy, but I'm sure the NHL would love to have the face of the league go deep into the playoffs.
Rhett44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 01:04 PM   #1639
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett44 View Post
I don't know if there is a conspiracy, but I'm sure the NHL would love to have the face of the league go deep into the playoffs.
I'd go the opposite Route personally if I were the Commissioner.

"Game 3 Refs? Dont even bother to bring your whistles to the Rink. Let slip the Dogs of War."

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 02:29 PM   #1640
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett44 View Post
It's funny how they believe there are conspiracies against them, while most fans outside of Edmonton would believe that there is work being done behind the scenes in their favour (to get McDavid deep).

I feel like the team is flawed as is and without the auto-PPs that come from players touching/grazing the golden boys they would struggle to even have anywhere as much success as they have had, which is limited.

The officiating is a lot less generous towards most other teams. They get the kids gloves treatment and still complain it isn't fair.

Without it, they probably lose the penalty tally most games because their team is (newsflash!) full of dirty and low IQ players who lack discipline.

Last game alone, Ryan spears a guys crotch, Kane slewfoots in the corner, and McDavid slices Hughes face open without penalty.

If they were actually called on their ####, which they aren't, there'd be a whole lot more to cry about up there.

Last edited by TrentCrimmIndependent; 05-12-2024 at 02:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TrentCrimmIndependent For This Useful Post: