Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-05-2022, 08:20 AM   #8061
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

It's heartbreaking to watch what's happening to the LGBTQ2S+ community south of the border. Seems to be a spiraling deterioration of tolerance and acceptance (it was always there to some extent but seems to be getting worse). Misinformation and right-wing populism are creating a real threat scenario for people who identify in that community.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2022, 09:01 AM   #8062
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
One is protesting/intimidating the government. The other is intimidating private citizens. You don't see the difference in that?
If you don't think that some of the characters at Coutts or Ottawa would do the same thing to individuals you're living in an alternate reality. In fact, there was massive intimidation and threats against citizens during the Ottawa occupation.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 09:27 AM   #8063
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Why does everyone think getting children together with drag queens is so important? Drag is sexually aggressive and grotesque to an extreme degree, that's what makes it so much fun. Who even thinks of combining the two? Who was at a drag show and said to themselves "we need more children in here"?
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 09:36 AM   #8064
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
Why does everyone think getting children together with drag queens is so important? Drag is sexually aggressive and grotesque to an extreme degree, that's what makes it so much fun. Who even thinks of combining the two? Who was at a drag show and said to themselves "we need more children in here"?
It's not something important to me, which is why I wouldn't show up at one of these events in my camo and AR-15. That'd be weird.

It does seem to be important to other people, though. If I had a brother or close friend or something and they enjoyed putting on a show for kids and reading them stories, I would support them, though. I think it's reasonable to assume they're not going to spreading their ass cheeks and grinding their butthole on kids' noses. Doubt they're slapping their boners against kids' faces, too. Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying about "sexually aggressive"?

I mean, dudes dressing up as flamboyant chicks goes back to Shakespearean times and earlier, I'm sure. Some people really enjoy it as entertainment. I've never been, but I'm not a live-theater guy, anyway, so not my bag. Which, again, is why I wouldn't grab my gun collection and head over there to stop things.

IDK, just leave people the fata alone and let them do their thing. Literally none of your business.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2022, 09:37 AM   #8065
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Why does everyone think getting children together with clowns is so important? Clowning is sexually aggressive and grotesque to an extreme degree, that's what makes it so much fun. Who even thinks of combining the two? Who was at a clown show and said to themselves "we need more children in here"?

Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2022, 09:38 AM   #8066
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Why does everyone think getting children together with clowns is so important? Clowning is sexually aggressive and grotesque to an extreme degree, that's what makes it so much fun. Who even thinks of combining the two? Who was at a clown show and said to themselves "we need more children in here"?

I mean, I think matata's response to that would be clowns aren't aggressive and there is no sex or gender component, so not super sure what you're saying here.
Old 12-05-2022, 09:57 AM   #8067
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Social conservatives love the idea of freedom for everyone, except when it involves things that make them uncomfortable and they wouldn't personally opt into it themselves. Then it becomes 'do as we say".
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2022, 10:02 AM   #8068
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The British, we have been putting on drag shows for kids for a century, it is a cherished tradition that was born in the musical halls, my question would be why would anyone care that maybe a couple of hundred kids at most in the whole country who's parents are clearly fully LGBQT sypathetic anyway go have a story read to them?

Last edited by afc wimbledon; 12-05-2022 at 10:05 AM.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 10:02 AM   #8069
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I remember how it all started now, this beauty, with her crown of used tampons, was invited to Michelle Obama's library to read to children:

Can someone put me in my place by showing a demonic clown with some form of a used tampon prop reading to children in a politicians library?
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 10:07 AM   #8070
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I remember how it all started now, this beauty, with her crown of used tampons, was invited to Michelle Obama's library to read to children:

Can someone put me in my place by showing a demonic clown with some form of a used tampon prop reading to children in a politicians library?
If that's what your tampons look like you must have a hole wide enough for a semi
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2022, 10:08 AM   #8071
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Probably best to pretend a diverse range of people don't exist, and shield your children form them until they turn 18. Then they'll be fearful of what is different, and go protest with guns any time they see them doing something they aren't comfortable with. Stellar system working well so far.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 10:11 AM   #8072
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:

Nobody needs to be assigned the task of putting you in your place.

Just don't worry about it. Don't even think about it. The world will keep turning and nothing bad happens if you don't even consider what the right-wing media has decided to get you all excited about. Move on as though this isn't even happening because it just. doesn't. matter.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2022, 10:15 AM   #8073
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Tell me you are a bad human..................

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 10:23 AM   #8074
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
The British, we have been putting on drag shows for kids for a century, it is a cherished tradition that was born in the musical halls, my question would be why would anyone care that maybe a couple of hundred kids at most in the whole country who's parents are clearly fully LGBQT sypathetic anyway go have a story read to them?

This is not a new thing here. I live in a politically middle of the road American city, and Drag shows or Drag Queen story hour are pretty common in both LBGTQ+ bars and mainstream venues without much push back at all. This seems like something that has been accepted for decades. I can't imagine these protesters and terrorists represent even a measurable percentage of the general public, but have become very emboldened and nutty all of a sudden.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 10:29 AM   #8075
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I don't know. The wife and myself are vocal/public supporters of the LGBTQ+ community, locally and in general.
We are also huge fans of the art of Drag.
These are entirely different things, imo.
It should be perfectly fine to have drag storytime for children. But I don't really see the value in it, knowing it will incite this sort of response.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 10:38 AM   #8076
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Protestors getting shows/ performances cancelled has become a "thing" in the US. Intimidation and threats towards those you don't agree with happening on all sides. Antifa gets Gavin McInnes run out of Penn State, Man boys in cammo intimidating cross dressing story time in Ohio. Fair is fair I guess?? One could simply choose to ignore whatever it is you don't agree with and let others be, however this is 2022.

Last edited by Derek Sutton; 12-05-2022 at 10:43 AM.
Derek Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 10:44 AM   #8077
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
Protestors getting shows/ performances cancelled has become a "thing" in the US. Intimidation and threats towards those you don't agree with happening on all sides. Antifa gets Gavin McInnes run out of Penn State, Man boys in cammo intimidating cross dressing story time in Ohio. Fair is fair I guess?? One could simply choose to ignore whatever it is you don't agree with and let others be, however this is 2022.
You realize Gavin McInnes is literally the guy who started the Proud Boys movement, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 10:47 AM   #8078
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
Yes, one group rallying to prevent hate is the same thing as another group rallying out of pure hatred. Both sides, equality for all free speech yadda ####ing yadda. So goddamn tiresome.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2022, 10:51 AM   #8079
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

lol, oops. Also, the "fair is fair I guess" is also very telling.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2022, 11:35 AM   #8080
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Pretty incredible how in one breath you are screaming from the roof tops the dangers of governments colluding with private enterprise to stifle free speech then miraculously you can hand wave away a group of psychos with AR-15s ensuring that some people cannot sit in a room and read a book in safety.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote