Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2022, 08:23 AM   #2621
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post

I can't find this stuff online or any store in Calgary, french's, this brand, whatever, it's driving me nuts. Does anyone have any idea where I can get this stuff
I have bought exactly those at the Co-op on Macleod and Heritage in the past two weeks. You kinda have to look for them on a lower shelf of the "island" produce displays.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to InglewoodFan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2022, 11:35 AM   #2622
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
I have bought exactly those at the Co-op on Macleod and Heritage in the past two weeks. You kinda have to look for them on a lower shelf of the "island" produce displays.
They show up on Co-op’s online shopping app. That should help find a store with them in stock.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 12:20 PM   #2623
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
I'm going to coop tonight
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 06:24 AM   #2624
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I heard that new Nickelback song yesterday and it inexplicably got stuck in my head.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 07:55 AM   #2625
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm going to coop tonight
I'll check in Montana when I go down over Thanksgiving
Old 09-22-2022, 06:17 PM   #2626
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
They show up on Co-op’s online shopping app. That should help find a store with them in stock.
Speaking of Co-op, their rewards program RGMG. What a useless piece of crap, I swear they make it intentionally difficult to use to discourage people from getting their rewards.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 06:31 PM   #2627
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Speaking of Co-op, their rewards program RGMG. What a useless piece of crap, I swear they make it intentionally difficult to use to discourage people from getting their rewards.
The Co-op membership number? Or do you mean their coupons on the website account? Or some other rewards program that I'm not aware of?
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 07:35 PM   #2628
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
The Co-op membership number? Or do you mean their coupons on the website account? Or some other rewards program that I'm not aware of?
The ones they email to you and then you have to grab them from the app. In particular the ones for the gas station as you have to go in to the store to redeem them, cannot even do it at the pump. Why not just automatically apply them to whatever purchase you are making once they scan you membership number.
Old 09-22-2022, 07:38 PM   #2629
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another gear grinder, testing positive for Covid for the second time. First time was over Christmas/New Years so wiped out my remaining vacation time for 2021. This week, my wife is off work (office closed which is about the only time she can take time off) so I booked off work too. So much for that.
Old 09-22-2022, 07:42 PM   #2630
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The ones they email to you and then you have to grab them from the app. In particular the ones for the gas station as you have to go in to the store to redeem them, cannot even do it at the pump. Why not just automatically apply them to whatever purchase you are making once they scan you membership number.
Yeah, the gas station ones are stupid. The grocery ones are easy enough to load and they are used automatically. I don't really understand why the gas station ones can't work the same way.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 08:28 PM   #2631
FLAME ENVY
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Costco hasnt had them for 2 years

Superstore had their own brand, cant find those now

Frenchs also had a version, cant find those

####!
I got the President's Choice ones at the Edgemont Superstore on Country Hills Blvd last week.
FLAME ENVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 08:31 PM   #2632
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Does it require two trips inside like Safeway now to redeem a coupon (if you want a fill-up you have to go back in after to get a credit back)
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 07:55 AM   #2633
sleepingmoose
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
Does it require two trips inside like Safeway now to redeem a coupon (if you want a fill-up you have to go back in after to get a credit back)
Yep. A big pain.
sleepingmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 09:34 AM   #2634
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's part of the Costco trap. The first and obvious one is you go in for item A, and you walk out with item B, C, D & E because its such a good deal.

But the more sinister trap is they get you hooked on a product, then cruelly take it away without warning. Then you keep going in hopes your dear product will be there and it isn't. Then you fall into the first trap and buy item B, C, D & E again.

This happened to me with an amazing bruschetta back in like 2013 or something. Sad times.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2022, 09:34 AM   #2635
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
At Co-op? No, you just need to go in before you fill-up. Pre-pay inside and get them to apply the discount. When you're done, you don't have to go back in. The total payment will be adjusted to match your actual purchase amount and the discount is removed from that.

If you need a final receipt with the total amount paid showing, you'd need to go back in to the store to get a printout, otherwise, you can just drive away.
Old 09-23-2022, 09:47 AM   #2636
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
That's part of the Costco trap. The first and obvious one is you go in for item A, and you walk out with item B, C, D & E because its such a good deal.

But the more sinister trap is they get you hooked on a product, then cruelly take it away without warning. Then you keep going in hopes your dear product will be there and it isn't. Then you fall into the first trap and buy item B, C, D & E again.

This happened to me with an amazing bruschetta back in like 2013 or something. Sad times.
I think that also plays into BCDE...customers wavering on a purchase think "but what if it isn't here next week!?!?!? Better buy now!"
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 10:16 AM   #2637
Canadianman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

*deleted gigantic photo of crispy jalapenos*

I can't find this stuff online or any store in Calgary, french's, this brand, whatever, it's driving me nuts. Does anyone have any idea where I can get this stuff

https://www.realcanadiansuperstore.c.../p/21163010_EA

I see these at Superstore all the time.
Canadianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 11:28 AM   #2638
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

We have two major rail companies and they both use the same colour scheme. Boooring.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 12:30 PM   #2639
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

I caught this absolutely wicked flu last week and while my overall symptoms are gone, I am still left with the worst cough and brain fog. Tough to get back into a busy time at work.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 12:43 PM   #2640
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
I am still left with the worst cough and brain fog. Tough to get back into a busy time at work.
When I get sick I'm sometimes left with the dry cough for weeks to months. At one point my doctor put me on an inhaler to get it under control. I feel your pain.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote