Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2022, 12:49 PM   #781
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think it was Charlie Trafford that was yelling WTF at Musse for playing a cross to nowhere late in the game. This is totally confirmation bias on my part but Musse seems to do better in low pressure situations ie first half of games or when Cavalry are already leading, but in higher leverage situations the pressure seems to get to him and he starts sending balls to nowhere, shooting over the bar etc. He was the only one to miss his pk in the shootout vs Vancouver as another example. I like the player but maybe he's not the one to have out in the final 15 minutes when you need a goal.

We really missed a finisher of Pepple's calibre last night. When is Bevan expected to be back?
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 03:16 PM   #782
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Charlie was completely irrelevant out there.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 07:18 PM   #783
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

The sending off of the York player after Escalante faked being elbowed meant I wasn't even mad Cavalry lost. Hate that kind of garbage gamesmanship.

I hate the time-wasting too, no matter who does it, and they all do it. One day, and this day may be after I'm long dead, there'll be a proper clock that stops when the play stops, and starts when the ball is in play again.
Old 07-20-2022, 10:48 PM   #784
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
The sending off of the York player after Escalante faked being elbowed meant I wasn't even mad Cavalry lost. Hate that kind of garbage gamesmanship.

I hate the time-wasting too, no matter who does it, and they all do it. One day, and this day may be after I'm long dead, there'll be a proper clock that stops when the play stops, and starts when the ball is in play again.
Damn fair comment.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 10:42 AM   #785
cheevers
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I really enjoy that the top point getter gets the Champions League spot now. Really adds more importance to the season.

On that note, it makes the loss Tuesday that much more frustrating. Camargo really blew it not scoring on at least one of his chances. And Assi trying to run the ball into the net instead of hitting it was mind bottling. I would really love to see what Mason could do if we had a midfielder capable of making something other than a sideways pass. I can only imagine how good he would have been if Julian Buescher was still here. We really need a playmaking centre mid.
cheevers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 10:46 AM   #786
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah Camargo shooting it directly at Giantsopolous, several times, was the most frustrating part. He had time too to position on all his shots. When the goalie closes the angle, get cheeky and try and put it around him somehow, go for the corners - don't just take the safe shot right down the middle and cross your fingers.

And, agreed with cheevers - we need a real playmaking mid. I'd like to see Di Chiara sit, and Simmons back on full time. He's actually good at moving the ball, and every game he's played, we've won.
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 10:56 AM   #787
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

We could see where Cantave lines up and his chemistry with Mason. I suspect he'll be playing mid/winger (some have him pegged as a general 'forward' but some have him at mid) but trying him at CF/CAM/CM might not be the worst option, at least to test the waters.

But I agree, we haven't had that solid center mid since Buscher, and we miss him dearly.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 03:40 PM   #788
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Yeah Camargo shooting it directly at Giantsopolous, several times, was the most frustrating part. He had time too to position on all his shots. When the goalie closes the angle, get cheeky and try and put it around him somehow, go for the corners - don't just take the safe shot right down the middle and cross your fingers.

And, agreed with cheevers - we need a real playmaking mid. I'd like to see Di Chiara sit, and Simmons back on full time. He's actually good at moving the ball, and every game he's played, we've won.
Guaranteed he wasn’t purposely shooting down the middle and hoping for the best. He likely miss-hit them, had his head down, or the ball bounced awkwardly before his shots. You’d be surprised how often it’s the third thing…the pitch can look amazing, and it is, but the smallest bounce before you hit it can make all the difference.

Not saying he shouldn’t have buried a couple of them, but just saying he wasn’t purposely shooting down the middle.
MillerTime GFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 03:51 PM   #789
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime GFG View Post
Guaranteed he wasn’t purposely shooting down the middle and hoping for the best. He likely miss-hit them, had his head down, or the ball bounced awkwardly before his shots. You’d be surprised how often it’s the third thing…the pitch can look amazing, and it is, but the smallest bounce before you hit it can make all the difference.

Not saying he shouldn’t have buried a couple of them, but just saying he wasn’t purposely shooting down the middle.
Only somewhat agree. I've been in that situation a zillion times when I was playing, and sometimes you think you just got to get the shot off as soon as you can, sometimes you think you can finesse your way in. Depends on where you head is at in that situation, and all players are different, of course. Camargo looked like he had time, but only he would know.
Old 07-22-2022, 03:54 PM   #790
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

You’ve purposely tried shooting it down the middle? There are times where you’re just trying to get it on net for sure, but I can’t really say I’ve ever purposely shot it down the pipe…except maybe on a PK.
MillerTime GFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 04:00 PM   #791
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Mo Farsi signed an MLS deal with Columbus today..
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny199r For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2022, 04:01 PM   #792
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime GFG View Post
You’ve purposely tried shooting it down the middle? There are times where you’re just trying to get it on net for sure, but I can’t really say I’ve ever purposely shot it down the pipe…except maybe on a PK.
Don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. There's times when players (including me) shoot it just because they think they're out of time, so it's better to get A shot off, even if it's down the middle, than no shot at all. Hindsight is always 20/20 though.
Old 07-22-2022, 04:11 PM   #793
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post
They note him as a defender. What position has he been playing for them?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 09:52 PM   #794
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Give credit to Pacific for making the most of it, but Cavalry have beat themselves tonight.

-First goal is a goalie gaff
-Second an own goal
-Third a dumb penalty. Alarcon really needed to let his man go, Kloomp was in position to take him so no need to grab the shoulder like that.

Between the Blue Jays and Flames news tonight I'm not surprised no one is posting in this thread though
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 10:57 PM   #795
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was at the game tonight as I scheduled my trip to Victoria to coincide with this game. Thoughts on my first Pacific experience.

The half of the stadium that is built is amazing. Happy hour is great. Friendly banter from home supporters and met the President of Lake Side Buoys who i had a quick chat with.

Supporters are fairly quiet and the drums drowned out the chants and songs. Need more engaged. At the start of the game they were silent and I couldn't hear them at all from 105.

Would recommend as its a far different experience than Spruce Meadows and Clarke...

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2022, 07:30 AM   #796
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nice to hear the stadium is a good experience and you enjoyed your time out there Sherm. Shame the team couldn’t pull it together for you and give you something to cheer about.

I didn’t watch this one and might just pretend it didn’t happen.. Forge on Wednesday. That’s what counts
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 09:20 AM   #797
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post
Can Columbus just #### off already?
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2022, 04:04 PM   #798
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bought this while watching Cavalry get their asses kicked on Friday. It's a real nice jersey...

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 04:44 PM   #799
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh man, I've just realized that I've got three tickets to tomorrow and am double booked. They're part of the expanded supporters section (201) in the second row. If someone wants them and can use them, let me know! I just don't want them to go to waste!

And also, FTF.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 04:50 PM   #800
Phaneufenstein
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Buddy and I are going to our first Cavalry game on Aug 12 vs Forge.
Which section should we get tickets in?
Can anyone provide a quick breakdown?
Thanks in advance!
Phaneufenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Phaneufenstein For This Useful Post:

Tags
cavalry , cpl , eff the forge , fc edmonton is no good