Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-08-2012, 06:17 AM   #101
magicpixels
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

He was never a hard defensive dman in florida and everybody knew that when they flames went out and signed him. He's played the same style since his junior days in medicine hat.

I'm going to say this just one more time so people with thick heads can get this.

Feaster is doing anything within his power to get Ramo here this year. He will trade Kipper if he can. They are not going to go out and get Bernier or Halak. They want to move forward with Ramo and Iriving. Any old blind person can see that.

They aren't going to make the playoffs next year. Virtually zero probability of it. Unless they magically get both Parise and Suter and even then I would have my doubts.

The flames are by far the worst managed hockey teams in the history of the NHL to believe they have a hope in hell at making the playoffs.
magicpixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:20 AM   #102
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicpixels View Post
He was never a hard defensive dman in florida and everybody knew that when they flames went out and signed him. He's played the same style since his junior days in medicine hat.

I'm going to say this just one more time so people with thick heads can get this.

Feaster is doing anything within his power to get Ramo here this year. He will trade Kipper if he can. They are not going to go out and get Bernier or Halak. They want to move forward with Ramo and Iriving. Any old blind person can see that.

They aren't going to make the playoffs next year. Virtually zero probability of it. Unless they magically get both Parise and Suter and even then I would have my doubts.

The flames are by far the worst managed hockey teams in the history of the NHL to believe they have a hope in hell at making the playoffs.
While we have been poorly managed at times, I have to point out that no team is managed worse than the Islanders...they're the worst by a very large margin.

Last edited by Mass_nerder; 05-08-2012 at 06:24 AM.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #103
Resolute 14
One of many who is too boring; thinks that there should be rules regarding grammar in custom user titles, and also makes moderators wonder if there is a charachter limit here. I mean come on- you would think that would be a limitation in the software

Exp:

Quote:
I think many of you have a hard time believing such a trade is possible simply because you are all stuck on the fact that Feaster IS AND WILL SHOP Kipper.
No, I think we're stuck on the fact that your proposals are unrealistic and poorly thought out. You also lack perspective and have this silly notion that hyperbole makes your arguments better.

Quote:
Kipper has the highest trade value of the goalies out there. To not leverage that asset while we still have it would be foolish. So what if we finish 30th or 19th next year. If you are going to miss the playoffs I'd rather be 30th than 19th.
Only losers desire to be worse than they are.

Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #104
Resolute 14
One of many who is too boring; thinks that there should be rules regarding grammar in custom user titles, and also makes moderators wonder if there is a charachter limit here. I mean come on- you would think that would be a limitation in the software

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
According to HF Sven + Gio + 14th pick is not worth Yakupov
Edmonton would take that trade 10 times out of 10. As good as Yakupov could be, I would take that trade 0 times out of 10.

Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 07:46 AM   #105
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Edmonton would take that trade 10 times out of 10. As good as Yakupov could be, I would take that trade 0 times out of 10.

I couldn't agree more. I read about half that thread before wishing i didn't waste my time
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #106
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know how I heard this but it was on the Radio.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #107
trublmaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

this thread gets more ridiculous the more magicpixel posts
trublmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trublmaker For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #108
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Judging frm your last couple of posts, i have a hard time believing that you heard it on the radio. This thread was made by you thinking of a way to get the 1st pick. It's not realistic and now you are mad that know one agree's with you.

Feaster has already said the only way for Ramo to come over this year is if he gets cut or let go from his KHL contract. The odds are slim to none. There is nothing else Feaster can do about that. He can not offer the KHL team money because of the CBA.

You are correct that it looks like Feaster wants to go with Irving and Ramo, but it will not be until 2013-2014 season.

As for calling some of us "thick heads", You might want to look in the mirror.
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #109
North East Goon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Dont expect a trade involving Kipper, he will ride out one more season before becoming a full-time fisherman. Ramo will be his replacement following next year. It may be possible to move Kipper at the deadline, if he wants one more crack at the cup elsewhere.
North East Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #110
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunie75 View Post
Your just being stupid now. Sure the thread is a sad excuse for a read, but "kicking some one in the face" over it is going over board. No one held a gun to your head and made you read it.

Who cares if the title didnt say "Rumor" etc. Chances are something that big you would hear else where first.

If you really sat there and had a "Heart Jolt" over the title of this thread, then maybe you should go on Zoloft.
It was a figure of speech and meant to be a joke over the OP... relax.

ps. writing "your just being stupid now" is never a good idea.

Last edited by Flabbibulin; 05-08-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #111
The Coppernian One
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
As an Oiler fan I would have to agree. We have 3 young guys who are going to be awesome. Giordano is not the answer for Edmonton's defense, but he will be an upgrade for sure. The 14th is just gravy and I think Edmonton could package it to move up and still get a solid player (7-10 range).

In my earlier post I said for Edmonton to give the first overall to Calgary it would have to be a rediculous return. This is Feaster loses his job bad.
The Coppernian One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #112
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

what is going on with this OP its a complete laugh.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #113
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Old 05-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #114
flamesNdaveins
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Golden View Post
what is going on with this OP its a complete laugh.

Yea can't see this deal ever taking place for soo many reasons.

Who says Edmonton is interested in the burden of J-Bo with his contract, even though it's done in a couple years (when their young guys' contracts are up)

Can't see the Oilers making a deal of this magnitude with the Flames anyways.

Maybe J-Bo isn't even of value to the Oilers.

Would obviously love to get the 1st overall pick and Schenn for Kipper and J-Bo, but don't think it's going to happen.
flamesNdaveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #115
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesNdaveins View Post
Yea can't see this deal ever taking place for soo many reasons.

Who says Edmonton is interested in the burden of J-Bo with his contract, even though it's done in a couple years (when their young guys' contracts are up)

Can't see the Oilers making a deal of this magnitude with the Flames anyways.

Maybe J-Bo isn't even of value to the Oilers.

Would obviously love to get the 1st overall pick and Schenn for Kipper and J-Bo, but don't think it's going to happen.
well swapping Kipper for Schenn and bumping up 6 picks or so is a joke in itself. Schenn JMO is someone that weasel Burke is building up more than he is. Burke wants to unload him to a sucker. Just that portion alone of the suggested trade is angel dust insane.
As for Edmonton to trade for Bouwmeester and swap the Flames acquired draft position is ridiculous.

The Flames with this crazy train thinking would be giving up Kipper and Bouwmeester for this Russian kid. Way, way too much for the Flames to trade away.
I hear somewhere moon rocks are for sale too.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #116
Champion
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I wouldn't take that trade. Gio is ok. Beartchi is just as unproven as Yakupov. Yakupov has a much much higher ceiling and Yakupov could garner a much better return if they were to trade him.
Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #117
Geeoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think adding in Horcoff to the EDM deal would at least give it a shred of plausibility.
Geeoff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #118
Bertuzzied
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
We are talking about the Oilers here right? That would ruin their 10 year plan of finishing last in the league! Of course they would say no.
Bertuzzied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #119
Bertuzzied
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion View Post
I wouldn't take that trade. Gio is ok. Beartchi is just as unproven as Yakupov. Yakupov has a much much higher ceiling and Yakupov could garner a much better return if they were to trade him.
See what I mean Resolute14?
Bertuzzied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #120
Champion
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The Oilers don't need a Giordano. They have a glut of him. I'd rather take the BPA and dangle him to other teams and try to get a higher caliber dman.
Champion is offline   Reply With Quote