Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2022, 01:24 AM   #361
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Former RCMP Commissioner came out and defended RCMP Officer Darren Campbell.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1539779363696254977

https://twitter.com/user/status/1539779365092851715

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2022, 04:09 AM   #362
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1539712555169583105
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 07:06 AM   #363
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

I hope this guy doesn't pay the price for doing the right thing.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2022, 07:13 AM   #364
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Why are their questions about him making it up? Has this cop had a history or something?
Krovikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 07:22 AM   #365
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu29 View Post
Paul Palango hates the Mounties and has numerous publications which always view them in a negative light. Yes, no doubt in my mind he’s dreaming up scenarios. I’m here to tell you that is complete and utter bs and if you think for a second that the police just pay people brinks loads of cash in one withdrawal you’re out of your mind.
Paul Palango is a regular guest on The Nighttime Podcast for episodes on Portapique. It's a great listen, but you can tell when he veers off facts and puts on his conspiracy theory hat.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 07:23 AM   #366
TKB
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krovikan View Post
Why are their questions about him making it up? Has this cop had a history or something?
Have you not been around for the last number of years? This government will do anything in its power to save their own skin. Unbelievable how corrupt and disgusting this government is, but hey let’s just keep letting them off the hook!
TKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 07:32 AM   #367
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/blai...ting-1.5958187

Quote:
Blair said that the tragedy was "unprecedented, and incredibly difficult, and traumatic," for the whole national police force, and that the differing account coming from Lucki's colleagues is something that is "entirely between the Commissioner and her subordinates."
Asked how Canadians should reconcile the government and Lucki saying there was no interference with what superintendent Campbell wrote based on the meeting he had, Blair said the superintendent "obviously came to his own conclusions."
"I'm telling you, and I would tell the superintendent if I spoke to him that I made no effort to pressure the RCMP to interfere in any way with their investigation. I gave no direction as to what information they should communicate. Those are operational decisions of the RCMP. And I respect that," Blair said.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2022, 07:35 AM   #368
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Cops gonna do what cops do. Protect their own.

But how about our government manipulating the event to slam through a gun control bill that does zero to fix the actual gun problem we have? Nobody cares about that I suppose.

Again, I ask, who voted in these fools?
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2022, 07:43 AM   #369
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So there are clearly conflicting stories coming from the cops, and it is only one cop who states this. But f-JT, we believe anything anyone says bad about him?

Maybe this cop is telling the truth, maybe the cop is lying?
Old 06-23-2022, 07:49 AM   #370
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edslunch View Post
Trudeau leaving would instantly deprive the right of their main shouting points - tyrant, trudope, f@@@ Trudeau, most divisive PM, etc. While there are plenty of Liberal policies, actions, and MPs to attack there is so much vitriol and hatred towards him that dissipates when he goes. It might be challenging to generate the same amount of passion against his successor, especially if they throw a few bones upon election like removing all remaining travel restrictions.
This is true.

The flip side, why do people continue to support him? When he first ran for PM he promised to help the middle class. Does anyone in the middle class have a better quality of life? Higher expenses, higher housing costs, more taxes.

He legalized weed. I do agree with that.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:50 AM   #371
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

There 100% should be an inquiry in the interference, but it's a little early to jump to conclusions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Krovikan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2022, 07:58 AM   #372
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorfever View Post
This is true.

The flip side, why do people continue to support him? When he first ran for PM he promised to help the middle class. Does anyone in the middle class have a better quality of life? Higher expenses, higher housing costs, more taxes.

He legalized weed. I do agree with that.
The CPC has turned into a ring-wing extremist party, the NDP is a joke, the Green Party are nuts and racist.

When you look at his record when I did the last election and posted here, JT and the Liberals have actually been doing a lot of good things that don't get much attention.

Plus the right will believe anyone and anything about JT, so listening to their drone on about JT falls on deaf ears.

Also a concern I have with the CPC, they only do opposition, even when it's something good for Canada. This tells me they don't care about Canada and only power.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krovikan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2022, 08:43 AM   #373
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The CPC has turned into a ring-wing extremist party, the NDP is a joke, the Green Party are nuts and racist.

When you look at his record when I did the last election and posted here, JT and the Liberals have actually been doing a lot of good things that don't get much attention.

Plus the right will believe anyone and anything about JT, so listening to their drone on about JT falls on deaf ears.

Also a concern I have with the CPC, they only do opposition, even when it's something good for Canada. This tells me they don't care about Canada and only power.

My own MP seems to be more interested in any kind of power than actually being more useful to her constituents. There is absolutely no reason to vote CPC in Alberta. You have no seat or voice at the table.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2022, 08:47 AM   #374
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
There 100% should be an inquiry in the interference, but it's a little early to jump to conclusions.

I doubt it would do much good, The Liberal's have become very good at pulling out and throwing around Cabinet Confidentiality as a defense. As well they've created a whole department around manufacturing redacting ink. Also the creation of a Inquiry I believe would have to pass a house vote, and the NDP would help block that or water it down.

Old 06-23-2022, 08:54 AM   #375
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So there are clearly conflicting stories coming from the cops, and it is only one cop who states this. But f-JT, we believe anything anyone says bad about him?

Maybe this cop is telling the truth, maybe the cop is lying?
What would he have to gain from fabricating something like this? It's certainly not going to further his career. Believe it or not there are people out there that have ethics and are willing to do the right thing even it comes at a personal cost.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2022, 09:15 AM   #376
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
What would he have to gain from fabricating something like this? It's certainly not going to further his career. Believe it or not there are people out there that have ethics and are willing to do the right thing even it comes at a personal cost.

Actually the term for him is its a career killing move. I doubt that he will expect any promotions, or high profile work. Lucki will wait for this to quiet down and find a way to retire him, or assign him to Tuktoyukchuk to survey trees on the crime rates of squirrels.

Old 06-23-2022, 09:34 AM   #377
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Actually the term for him is its a career killing move. I doubt that he will expect any promotions, or high profile work. Lucki will wait for this to quiet down and find a way to retire him, or assign him to Tuktoyukchuk to survey trees on the crime rates of squirrels.
Unfortunately this is likely the truth as when the dust settles and everyone moves on he's probably going to be blackballed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2022, 10:34 AM   #378
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
A lot of people don't think anymore about gains/losses, maybe he's like one of the many cops that supported the Freedumb convoy and refused to do their job, or even hugged them... Also their is gain in hoping he becomes a right-wing martyr and gets on the gravy train for taking on the left, worked for Rittenhouse. Heck look at the leaders of the convoy still raising hundreds of thousands of dollars, ya nothing to gain...

Frankly opposing this government seems to be a common thing in the police ranks lately, and that is more concerning than some Liberal stunt (if it happened).

Look at the Ottawa police, their jurisdiction is clearly laid out and yet they've lied several times claiming it's the OPP.

Also, everyone else but this one person doesn't agree with what happened from this meeting from that CTV article?

Last edited by Krovikan; 06-23-2022 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-23-2022, 12:08 PM   #379
Zulu29
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Cops gonna do what cops do. Protect their own.

But how about our government manipulating the event to slam through a gun control bill that does zero to fix the actual gun problem we have? Nobody cares about that I suppose.

Again, I ask, who voted in these fools?
Protect their own? A superintendent literally took notes on the commissioner interfering with an investigation and provided it to the mass casualty commissions. How is that protecting their own?
Zulu29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 12:56 PM   #380
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu29 View Post
Protect their own? A superintendent literally took notes on the commissioner interfering with an investigation and provided it to the mass casualty commissions. How is that protecting their own?

If anything its familiar to JWR who recorded her conversations, and Trudeau supporters raged about her betrayal of the government and her boss and how unethical it was that she did it without notifying first.

Campbell protected the investigation over protecting the RCMP and the Commissioner.