Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2021, 11:19 AM   #261
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Every year thete are teams that enter the season and have fans baffled by their collection of unproven, replacement-level defensemen. And every year a few of these teams surprise with impressive defense-by-committee performances. With Sutter behind the bench it seems like a good bet that this bluline group will outperform expectations.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2021, 12:45 PM   #262
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Giordano had a whopping 5 more points than Andersson last year (they had almost identical TOI, both even strength and PP)
Exactly and last years team was abysmal. They missed having a defenseman provide some offensive spark.

The issue isn’t that Gio is gone as that ship has sailed.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 06:26 PM   #263
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Over the past two covid seasons Giordano was 0.89 Pts/60, Hanifin is 0.73, Andersson is 0.69.
So we need Hanifin to step up to 0.89 and Andersson to 0.73... potentially plausible... but, (and maybe this is the real problem) we don't have anyone, outside of maybe Kylington, capable of then replacing Andersson's 0.69.

And those are just using last year's numbers, which weren't even good enough to begin with.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 07:02 PM   #264
TheoFleury
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
So we need Hanifin to step up to 0.89 and Andersson to 0.73... potentially plausible... but, (and maybe this is the real problem) we don't have anyone, outside of maybe Kylington, capable of then replacing Andersson's 0.69.

And those are just using last year's numbers, which weren't even good enough to begin with.
Points don't matter as much as just being able to make smart, efficient decisions with the puck. We are basically talking about 2nd assists here as none of these guys are goal scoring threats. Just need to play solid defense, minimize mistakes and transition the puck. Easier said than done but I look at the 2006 hurricanes. It can be done. Just need solid guys back there who can think under pressure. We are lucky, these guys are young and may still improve. If they don't, it might be a long season but generally dmen hit their stride in their mid 20s. There are some decent guys there I think but I really don't like stone, zadorov or gudbranson. It's what Sutter wanted so I guess I'll defer to him but in reality our hopes hinge on hanifin and andersson and Kylington taking strides

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk
TheoFleury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 07:08 PM   #265
Mindtravellee
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post

Bit of a Moneyball answer if we can get that 0.89/60 increase spread between all our D we'll be better off.

Probably should be split into 5x5 and PP though
Mindtravellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 07:23 PM   #266
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Decent long discussion with Treliving on yesterday’s Bob McCown podcast for anyone that cares.

LOL at McCown asking why a goaltender doesn't play all 82 games.
Rest of the interview felt like mostly just a re-hash of everything that's been talked about from the start of training camp on.

Sounded like Tre's phone notifications went off several times.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 07:25 PM   #267
TheoFleury
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
LOL at McCown asking why a goaltender doesn't play all 82 games.
Rest of the interview felt like mostly just a re-hash of everything that's been talked about from the start of training camp on.

Sounded like Tre's phone notifications went off several times.
Hopefully it's Adams negotiating against himself lol

I don't want to do this bit I feel reeeeealllly good about eichel. I think it's better than 50/50

Come on Brad. I promise I'll stop ragging on you if you just do this one little thing lol

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk
TheoFleury is offline   Reply With Quote