Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2021, 12:56 PM   #1921
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
I've seen this posted/retweeted and there is nothing to corroborate this, and the poster in question has posted a lot of questionable content beforehand.

P sure this qualifies as fakenews, as it's been up for almost a full day without any corroborating evidence.
https://www.businessinsider.com/parl...suspect-2021-1

Quote:
Parler is sharing information with the FBI for the Department of Justice's investigations into the riot at the US Capitol.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 12:59 PM   #1922
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
I know it's not everyone's cup of tea to see what the crazy is all about, but this just got uh, "published". This is the kind of stuff (some) people in the US actually believe:

https://beforeitsnews.com/politics/2...s-3223234.html
Interesting theory, cause an insurrection, then invoke the Insurrection Act.

Seriously though, I'm not clicking on that link. Is Before Its News like the right-wing Breitbart?

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:17 PM   #1923
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
So i heard this morning from one of the taking heads on tv that shaman horn guy believes he is an alien sent to "watch people" or something or other.

The prosecutors have asked for a mental health evaluation before proceeding with the charges laid.

No kidding.
I would kind of expect that quite a number of people that have fallen deeply in QAnon have some legitimate mental issues.

From a legal point of view, where/how does the line get drawn with people who have delusional world views? If someone sincerely believes that lizard people are controlling world governments and world leaders are all part of child sex trafficking rings that feed on baby flesh to sustain immortality while Democrats are agents of Satan and communist China supporting the establishment of global mind control through chemtrails and chips implanted via vaccines, what distinguishes between valid and invalid claims to severe mental health issues?

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:20 PM   #1924
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
I would kind of expect that quite a number of people that have fallen deeply in QAnon have some legitimate mental issues.

From a legal point of view, where/how does the line get drawn with people who have delusional world views? If someone sincerely believes that lizard people are controlling world governments and world leaders are all part of child sex trafficking rings that feed on baby flesh to sustain immortality while Democrats are agents of Satan and communist China supporting the establishment of global mind control through chemtrails and chips implanted via vaccines, what distinguishes between valid and invalid claims to severe mental health issues?

I would bet that only a few have serious mental issues, but most will be faking those same issues now that they're getting busted.
you don't have to be mentally ill to fall into the conspiracy theory Q-anon crap.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 01:37 PM   #1925
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post

Seriously though, I'm not clicking on that link. Is Before Its News like the right-wing Breitbart?
I clicked on it, way way beyond breitbart....drunk chick at the club at the end of the night level crazy
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:39 PM   #1926
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post

Probably committing what is legally defined as a crime.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:56 PM   #1927
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post

Worse. That article is written in past tense....the inauguration has been cancelled and Trump invoked the insurrection act....yesterday.
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:00 PM   #1928
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has anyone read any credible theories about why Trump and Giuliani were pressuring Tuberville to delay the confirmation by a day? According to Giuliani’s voice mail it was to buy time for new info from the states but there hasn’t been any hint of that. One theory was to keep the senate together so they could be rounded up more easily but the invasion was over before the call I think. Curious what they were thinking...
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:01 PM   #1929
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know I have said this before, but what if this thing had gone on another hour?

Would they really have killed Pence or Pelosi? And if so what would the world look like today?

I believe they might have taken hostages.
Manhattanboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:03 PM   #1930
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1349901630469246977
Old 01-15-2021, 02:24 PM   #1931
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
I know I have said this before, but what if this thing had gone on another hour?

Would they really have killed Pence or Pelosi? And if so what would the world look like today?

I believe they might have taken hostages.
Without question...thats, literally, why some of them were there. It was their "mission". Its why they had the materials to build a gallow.

If they had been successful? Full blown civil war with Trump still as Commander in Chief...really impossible to know how screwed up it would get after that.
Old 01-15-2021, 02:28 PM   #1932
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edslunch View Post
Has anyone read any credible theories about why Trump and Giuliani were pressuring Tuberville to delay the confirmation by a day? According to Giuliani’s voice mail it was to buy time for new info from the states but there hasn’t been any hint of that. One theory was to keep the senate together so they could be rounded up more easily but the invasion was over before the call I think. Curious what they were thinking...
Yup.

He made that call after 7 PM...things had been quelled for a while at that point.

As for why the call was made? They are delusional about what happened and have bought into their own BS (spear-headed by Flynn and Sloan) so RG honestly believed there was fraud and he was going to be one of the guys to prove it.....somehow.

Its all so absurd.
Old 01-15-2021, 02:29 PM   #1933
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edslunch View Post
From what I've read, the invasion was not over before the call, but senators had been evacuated by that point, and there'd be no opportunity to proceed with objections to other states until they met again with the house, which wouldn't happen until the situation in the Capitol was stable. So I don't think it was about keeping the senators there and making them vulnerable.

I think it could be as simple as Trump, worked up by seeing his supporters fighting for him, decided that he wanted to double-down on challenging election results, making the assumption that the insurrection was sign of wide-spread support for him. Upping the rhetoric has always been a big part of his brand.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:47 PM   #1934
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
I would bet that only a few have serious mental issues, but most will be faking those same issues now that they're getting busted.
you don't have to be mentally ill to fall into the conspiracy theory Q-anon crap.
"Corporal Klinger reporting for his scheduled Section 8 discharge!"

Spoiler!
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 03:16 PM   #1935
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
I would be kind of surprised if the percentage of QAnon true believers with mental health issues such as schizophrenia is not significantly higher than the percentage of people with schizophrenia in the general population. It's not my area of expertise, but I recall reading that people with schitzotype traits and psychopathy are more likely to believe in conspiracy theories. With QAnon being so wide spread in the US, I imagine many people whose mental conditions make them more vulnerable to conspiracy theories have been exposed.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyB For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 03:51 PM   #1936
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I know it's sexist, but young women scampering around in their little cop outfits look so cute.
Going forward when you know something is sexist then don't post it.
It isn't funny.
It isn't clever.
It isn't part of your shtick of being that lovable strange guy on this site.
It's sexist.
So don't do it.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 04:08 PM   #1937
pylon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I know it's not everyone's cup of tea to see what the crazy is all about, but this just got uh, "published". This is the kind of stuff (some) people in the US actually believe:

Of course the usual selection of natural cures, remedies, and quack products being offered on that site.

I've been looking for a nice little side hustle to pad the investment portfolio, and I think I've found it. I'm going to open one of these right wing propaganda sites, and start pedaling homeopathic cures. The people that believe this stuff are so utterly gullible and moronic, they would buy anything you told them, and anything you offered them.

And I wouldn't feel bad for a second. The less money they have, the better off we all are.

If I may put on my tin foil hat for a minute. I actually believe some of these crazytown sites, are actually run by the left to truly show how idiotic some of these people are, and to cash in on their gullibility. It has crossed my mind numerous times, Alex Jones, is truly a performance artist working for the left, to show how absolutely NUTS some of these people are, and to make them look even worse with his frothing rants.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 04:20 PM   #1938
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Holy crap, that's a rabbit hole!

And double holy crap...the 'author' claims to have worked for AHS at one point.
https://beforeitsnews.com/v3/contrib...io/?uid=243590

Last edited by Julio; 01-15-2021 at 04:25 PM.
Julio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 04:46 PM   #1939
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder how the terrorists thought they could assassinate Pence and Pelosi and get away with it, or if they’d even thought that far ahead.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 05:02 PM   #1940
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I wonder how the terrorists thought they could assassinate Pence and Pelosi and get away with it, or if they’d even thought that far ahead.
Of course now they will all deny that was their actual intent. We will never know.

EDIT: Other than the hang Pence chant, but that was just a bunch of good ole white boys joking around...

Last edited by Manhattanboy; 01-15-2021 at 05:12 PM.
Manhattanboy is online now   Reply With Quote