Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 04:20 PM   #6961
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Flames Fan View Post
I liked the speech Trump did after they pulled the Bill. Democrats are in a Lose Lose right now. For them to play partisan politics particularly on a terrible alternative that is Obamacare is bad politics for them. Trump saying he wants Democratic support for a new Bill is him reaching out. The people need a government that works together. Expecting 100% support or opposition from a party on any Bill is not real politics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
We have control of congress, the senate and presidency. We couldn't get three dozen of our own on board.

Conclusion: it's the democrats fault
Did you miss ernie's post TFF? After bitching about the ACA for 7 years, the party with the 44 seat majority in the House couldn't get their #### together to pass their own Bill! Trumpf and the Republicans have shown they don't have a clue what their doing. What have they been doing since they first 'promised' to repeal the ACA. It would seem that they've being doing not much of anything.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:21 PM   #6962
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

R/T_D is busy celebrating a meaningless legal victory in Virginia on Trump's second travel ban EO.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:22 PM   #6963
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drak View Post
Off topic. Why did my post up above get an Atlanta Flame A above it?
have you been drinking?
Old 03-24-2017, 04:24 PM   #6964
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
They spent so much time obstructing Obama they forgot how to do anything else
They only real things they've been doing the last 8 years is repealing, obstructing and investigating.
Oh yeah, and complaining.
Now it is just part of their nature.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:24 PM   #6965
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
have you been drinking?
I did just have a beer.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:25 PM   #6966
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drak View Post
I did just have a beer.
ah, see, you're clicking on things you don't even realize. slow down
Old 03-24-2017, 04:28 PM   #6967
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Spin away GOP. This bill's failure is on Trump and the Republicans, not on Dems. The Republicans control the White House and Congress. They couldn't get it done. They failed hard. Trump is a loser and a terrible leader. True solid leadership isn't laying the blame game for something you own. Leadership means working hard to get something meaningful done that represents the interests of the American people - not kicking 24 million people off insurance and rewarding the rich - they drafted up an utter piece of garbage. True leadership also means taking responsibility and accountability for this huge failure instead of blaming the other side. But with Trump, being delusional and a coward is what's expected.

It's not a win for Trump. It just gets added to his inventory pile of being a very weak President.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:36 PM   #6968
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a hilarious and epic failure by Trump and the Republicans. Nice to finally see common sense and decency prevail for once (at least for a day or two).
Old 03-24-2017, 04:45 PM   #6969
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

MOD edit: Over the line. And not necessary.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2017, 04:47 PM   #6970
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it's important to note here that the Republican Party is now the owner of the affordable care act. They chose the affordable care act over the best alternative they could come up with. It should never be referred to as Obamacare again.

The ACA now has the backing of the republican party
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2017, 04:47 PM   #6971
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Drak For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2017, 05:05 PM   #6972
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I just found out by accident that reading this thread is very much improved by listening to "Bored in the USA" by Father John Misty at the same time. YMMV?
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2017, 05:20 PM   #6973
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

The sad thing is Texas Flames Fan does not seem to get that most of the republican base agrees with Sanders.. Yet his party just keeps voting against their own interests.

Old 03-24-2017, 05:20 PM   #6974
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Texas Flames Fan, how are you taking this loss?
Its terrible for both Republicans and Democrats for these reasons;

My rates went up 49%. Coverage decreased and deductibles increased. Most people I know make over $15,000 so do not get covered for free healthcare. Some make 30-50k per year and they cannot afford the premium hikes. They will need to pay the $4500 Obamacare tax

As for the day I am happy that the Keystone Pipeline was approved. I am sure all you Calgarians are happy that has finally been passed as it will increase jobs in Alberta. I have really liked the progress of this administration minus this AHCA Bill.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:24 PM   #6975
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol

Old 03-24-2017, 05:25 PM   #6976
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

This administrations has made some progress, late night TV hasnt been this funny in years. And theres so much more material to come! #makeamericalaughagain
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puffnstuff For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2017, 05:26 PM   #6977
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Your rates would have went up and your coverage would have been crappier had the Republicans bill passed. This is what all of you Trump fanboys refuse to accept.
On the side note, the rich won't be getting huger tax breaks out of your pocket, I know that makes you sad.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:32 PM   #6978
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2017, 05:37 PM   #6979
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

My rates went up 49%. Coverage decreased and deductibles increased. Most people I know make over $15,000 so do not get covered for free healthcare. Some make 30-50k per year and they cannot afford the premium hikes. They will need to pay the $4500 Obamacare tax

As for the day I am happy that the Keystone Pipeline was approved. I am sure all you Calgarians are happy that has finally been passed as it will increase jobs in Alberta. I have really liked the progress of this administration minus this AHCA Bill.
Healthcare is expensive, so expensive, complex and essential to life in fact that it is immune to free market mechanisms.

A rich first world country like the US should view healthcare as it does the military, an essential service a country should provide its citizens.

What the hell is the point of being safe from the almost non existent threat of ISIS if it means you are left to die of prostate cancer?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2017, 05:39 PM   #6980
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:

The ACA had some problems, it only slowed the ever rising premiums of private insurance, and it needed to be fixed.

The answer is not abolishing the act, and putting something forward which will cost conservatively millions their health care, increase costs for seniors, and many others..

But do you believe as Paul Ryan does that pre existing conditions should bar you from health care? Do you believe that if you lose your job and become sick, you should become bankrupt?

Are you happy to see cuts to all these health care related programs and more spending on a military budget?

Tags
making snl great again , soviet murica? , trade wars , trumpcare = doa , utterly insane pressers