View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 11:30 AM   #203
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment and tone but I also think you may be reading too much into what people are saying. People can have an opinion and write it and still not be “all fired up” or “full of hate”.

I don’t hate these people. In fact I doubt anyone who posts on this message board does. We are expressing our observations and opinions and it doesn’t have to be all roses and sunshine. In fact, if these radio hosts read this site and I suspect they do, they could take feedback like mine as a positive or as constructive and maybe think about how they could be even better.

Not talking about anything but nachos and fantasy picks for an hour every morning is not “screwing up” but is “screwing around”. I try not to do that at work too and I’m definitely not perfect and welcome criticism at my work. That’s how I get better, by listening to that advice, introspection and then trying to change what I’m doing. It doesn’t mean my audience hates me if they’re telling me what they think I should be doing differently.

In fact- quite the opposite... if I didn’t care at all I wouldn’t even bother posting about it. So maybe they should take that as some positivity. I know that when these dudes actually do their jobs they’re pretty good at it and I like their insight. They should try harder.
I don’t really agree with your post here. For one, I think people should say what they mean. If you use derogatory language or seek to insult people with it, others are going to assume there’s a little bit of “hate” behind it.

I also don’t think saying things like “they should try harder” or that what they’re talking about is “screwing around” and not what you’d do at your own job really matters. This is a morning drive-time show, one of the most popular shows on the station. What you see as “screwing around” is part of the gimmick, it’s part of what makes the show. You might think it’s too big of a part, and that’s ok, but it’s certainly not them failing to do their job. You’re judging a square peg on a round hole, like judging an improve show on the standards of a theatre production. As you said, you can’t please everyone. But people would do well do realise when something that doesn’t work for them is a result of the show not really being geared towards them.

As far as taking criticism as positive and constructive, I’ll call a little dog shirt on that. Lots of posts like this, which really accomplish neither:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobles_point View Post
He’s still a 1000% better than marble mouth Will Neault’s fan960 shop talk & fantasy football takes.

At least Peter’s takes aren’t the equivalent of something stolen from the town drunk like Will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeecho View Post
He sounds like Kermit the Frog to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
This is not very accurate because the morning show is predominantly about food and useless idiotic things from what I can tell?
It’s funny. For all the people who hate Rome, there are plenty of posters who embody the clone mentality: “have a take, don’t suck.” But maybe when it’s talking about people who read CP, and you’re talking about their job or their voice or whatever, you could try harder.

Or not, I’m sure all the guys can take it, they’re adults. But then let’s not pretend this is all positive, constructive criticism.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post: