PDA

View Full Version : Homeland

Pages : 1 [2] 3

getbak
10-03-2013, 12:24 PM
So I'm screwed? A show is aired then is withdrawn from my cable package so I have to subscribe to a different package if I'm to continue watching. Where is that gear-grinder thread?
It's always been aired by Superchannel, which has always been a separate package.

Bravo has also aired some of the older episodes, but I think they've only aired Season 1 so far.

Iceman57
10-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Well, pretty solid first episode I'd say although i really hope that the writers don't dwell too much on Carrie's illness this season. I mean sure it was a plot point last year but she did successfully hide it from the CIA in much more stressful environments for over ten years.....you see what I'm saying?

Really surprised me what Sal did to Carrie but for the first time Brodie's family wasn't all completely annoying and actually had me caring for them a little. The first season of this show was spectacular while after re-watching the second, it still doesn't totally hold up but maybe its not as bad as i remembered either. I'm looking forward to this Sunday's episode for sure.

Coys1882
10-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Really surprised me what Sal did to Carrie He totally railroaded her but he's probably had enough of her uncontrollable outbursts. Her meltdown earlier in the restaurant was a good one.

Acey
10-07-2013, 07:03 PM
It's almost as if Danes is trying to out-F-bomb Dexter's Jennifer Carpenter. Oh Homeland, what has happened to thee.

ranchlandsselling
10-07-2013, 10:38 PM
I thought that was a pretty weak episode . Not really watching the show for a teen suicide drama.

Machiavelli
10-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Last episode was a steaming pile of poo.

rohara66
10-08-2013, 04:45 PM
I thought that was a pretty weak episode . Not really watching the show for a teen suicide drama.

this x 1000

Acey
10-08-2013, 05:54 PM
The face Claire made at the end when she was saying "F you" to Saul, funniest I've laughed all week.

RogerWilco
10-08-2013, 08:42 PM
I really can't stand the daughter, I hope they drop that part pretty soon.

Iceman57
10-08-2013, 08:48 PM

Yea i found myself really wanting to FF all of those parts in this second episode. When Carrie made the decision not to go with Brodie at the end of last season, i was really looking forward to seeing her kick some a$$ this season. Estes was finally out of her way, she could run the CIA ops her way and really start making a difference but instead we're getting this soap opera.....(sigh)

Brannigans Law
10-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Horrible third season so far. I'm hoping this teeny drama bull crap ends before I give up on this show.

Fusebox
10-09-2013, 12:43 AM
They need to bring Brodie back, watching his daughter trying to carry the show is painful.

zamler
10-09-2013, 01:19 AM
I didn't mind the Dana Brody arc, in fact there were some very powerful scenes. They could have spent less time on it, but then we'd see even more of the re-hashing and beating you over the head with Carrie's mental illness. It has become very annoying and tiring and needs to stop.

MikePatton
10-09-2013, 01:22 AM
I didn't mind the Dana Brody arc, in fact there were some very powerful scenes. They could have spent less time on it, but then we'd see even more of the re-hashing and beating you over the head with Carrie's mental illness. It has become very annoying and tiring and needs to stop.

Yeah. I think right now the best stuff is the non-Carrie stuff. I like seeing the Brody family deal with the aftermath of the bombing.

Brannigans Law
10-09-2013, 03:37 PM
I have no idea where this show wants to go right now, either. The show feels directionless, aimless, and far less interesting than season 1. This really should have been a 1 season show. At least with the way how things went down at the end of season 1.

MoneyGuy
10-09-2013, 07:47 PM
I can't get Homeland this season but I guess I'm not missing much.

nik-
10-09-2013, 07:51 PM
I was one of the people that felt Homeland was going off the rails last season, but I think the Dana storyline has been pretty good so far.

Also ashamed to say that when I first saw the new analyst in the car, I thought "oh, who is this new bad guy" ... mirroring the assumptions of the people in the CIA. I'm liking this season so far.

Coys1882
10-10-2013, 09:11 AM
They don't need Brody to make the show as far as I'm concerned. I'm more than happy watching Saul and Peter Quinn kick ass for the CIA - but I don't watch Homeland for the fallout of Brody's choices. I get it was tough on Dana - her in the treatment center confirmed that. Her and Dexter's protegee falling in love is too much.

Acey
10-11-2013, 06:16 PM
That kid must have a heck of an agent, he's not a good enough actor to score a key role on not one, but TWO of TV's (formerly) best dramas.

Acey
10-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Tagged for size. lmao.

http://i.imgur.com/HmtqzkU.jpg

TurnedTheCorner
10-21-2013, 04:14 AM
Just finished season two. I did not see that twist coming, but felt like something was going to happen to really shake things to their foundation. Season 2 seemed a lot more 24, which is OK -- but it does make Homeland a lot less cerebral and nuanced. Oh well.

Eager to start season three and see where it goes from here.

nik-
10-21-2013, 12:51 PM
Spoilering this for folks like TTC who are obviously crazy coming in to these threads without being caught up!

I was hoping they would have the balls to actually have Carrie turn last night, but nope. Homeland could be a whole lot more amazing if the writers would decide that it's a Counter Terrorism/Terrorism show with less than permanent characters instead of the Carrie and Brody show. That whole "Carrie was in on it" twist was some disappointing stuff.

TurnedTheCorner
10-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Caught up this AM, but thanks for the spoiler consideration. :)

I hear where you're coming from, the first four episodes have been a little odd. Still, I'm in for the ride.

Acey
10-21-2013, 07:04 PM
TTC, I was about to tell you to bail at the end of S2, is how bad the first part of this season has been.

Brannigans Law
10-22-2013, 01:22 AM
Well, they certainly missed the boat didnt they? They had an amazing opportunity to have her go off the deep end and become a traitor and in such a way that would be believable.

instead we got.. that.

jroc
10-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Was there some sort of contract dispute with Damian Lewis? I'm blown away that he has only appeared in 1 of the first 4 episodes!

nik-
10-22-2013, 11:25 AM
Was there some sort of contract dispute with Damian Lewis? I'm blown away that he has only appeared in 1 of the first 4 episodes!

The show is trying to tell something to the writers. He's an irrelevant character at this point and it should move on.

zamler
10-22-2013, 06:20 PM
Irrelevant character? I don't think it's a coincidence that since Brody has not been center stage the show has turned into a watered down mess. There is a whole lot of possibilities surrounding Brody, the Carrie thing personally I find pretty insulting, they are playing up the "well she's crazy but she's the only one that finds ways to infiltrate the terrorists networks" angle way, way too much.

Carrie running back to Saul was pathetic.

nik-
10-22-2013, 06:44 PM
The show was turning into a watered down mess last season.

Mike F
10-23-2013, 02:47 PM
I had the opposite reaction to everyone above. Carrie was as die-hard a patriot as any character on the show. Having her turn and start helping the Iranians/terrorists would have been way too contrived and unbelievable. Characters suddenly going from hero to villain is the sign of lack of imagination.

And lets not start treating things that have happened in aired episodes as spoilers. If people are behind, they should know to read a thread like this at their own risk.

Red Slinger
10-24-2013, 12:02 AM
I find I'm totally into the story when the Brodie story arc in on and not really into it when the Carrie story kicks in. And I'm completley disinterested with all the teen drama crap. Brodie is the show. The rest are supporting characters IMO.

Boblobla
10-24-2013, 12:13 PM
Dana needs to go, maybe she can have a suicide pact with loverboy or something.

Fusebox
10-24-2013, 08:12 PM
The Dana storyline is killing the show. Total filler.

Coys1882
10-25-2013, 01:18 PM
I used to feel the same way after a season of the Wire when what were central characters were slowly transitioned out for new ones. I'm fine with Brody taking a backseat - I much prefer the Saul, Carrie, and Quinn angles. I like the espionage more.

TurnedTheCorner
10-25-2013, 01:32 PM
The Dana storyline is killing the show. Total filler.
Wait until she's getting stalked by a mountain lion!

Iceman57
10-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Alright now that's more like it, I just caught up watching the last two episodes off my PVR and they were by far the best two this season. Of course i still FF through the teen romance parts but i honestly did not see the Carrie/Sal twist coming so it made for some great TV and it totally makes sense after i thought about it.

Carrie wanted nothing more then to try and make amends for the Langley bombing so i could not figure out why she was so out of the loop in this seasons first episode but its clear to me now. I want to see more of Quinn, Carrie and Sal so I believe/hope that this really starts the rest of the season on a nonstop CIA/spy thrill ride.

To Be Quite Honest
10-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Dana in "trouble" is a perfect reason for Brody to re-appear in the USA. How else would you get him to risk everything to go back? His daughter is in trouble! The stories must be told to progress and build the characters positions and reasoning. Man some of you are sounding like a bunch of whining ignorant prima donnas.

Whine whine whine. Go back to the 80's and watch that entertainment. :rolleyes:

Red Slinger
10-30-2013, 05:03 AM
^ Season 1 set the bar very high and drew me in. Season 2 was a little disappointing but okay. So far, season 3 has been mostly disappointing. Maybe it's whining to want the show to return to it's original excellent quality that I initially enjoyed, maybe not. Now if you'll excuse me, Love Boat is on!

nik-
10-30-2013, 01:39 PM
Dana in "trouble" is a perfect reason for Brody to re-appear in the USA. How else would you get him to risk everything to go back? His daughter is in trouble! The stories must be told to progress and build the characters positions and reasoning. Man some of you are sounding like a bunch of whining ignorant prima donnas.

Whine whine whine. Go back to the 80's and watch that entertainment. :rolleyes:

Except Brody wouldn't even know that Dana was in trouble.

To Be Quite Honest
10-30-2013, 08:52 PM
Except Brody wouldn't even know that Dana was in trouble.

Well, until that part of the story gets told. ;)

VANFLAMESFAN
11-04-2013, 12:01 AM
Jessica Brody will not be wining any mother of the year awards, huh. Is it just me or did she put up no fight whatsoever? Does Angela live nearby? How does she contact her daughter? What a weird storyline that has become.

sergei_makarov
11-04-2013, 02:03 AM
Jessica Brody will not be wining any mother of the year awards, huh. Is it just me or did she put up no fight whatsoever? Does Angela live nearby? How does she contact her daughter? What a weird storyline that has become.

She clearly doesn't even know who that girl is, yet she doesn't even ask for the girl's phone number? No questions to when Dana plans to come back?

The show has its holes for sure, but I keep watching...

So, I guess that terrorist guy basically did what he did as a last minute eff you to Saul? His only path forward was to help Saul, so get in what he can before he does?

Boblobla
11-04-2013, 01:17 PM
I hope that was a clumsy way to be rid of Dana. I never want to see that character again.

nik-
11-04-2013, 01:26 PM
It's getting to be time to accept that Homeland will never live up to what it could have been. It's still a decent watch, I won't bail on it like I did with The Killing and Sons of Anarchy.

Fusebox
11-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Brody being written out of the show has been a huge mistake. Deleting your main character for almost an entire season is something only The Wire's writers could pull off successfully.

I hope to Christ that the daughter is really gone. That whole storyline was just filler from beginning to end.

Who knocked up Carrie? The dude she slept with when she needed a place to stay for a night? Why hasn't she had an abortion yet? It isn't like the baby belongs to Brody. What was up with the drawer full of positive pregnancy tests? Ten isn't enough for her?

nik-
11-04-2013, 11:34 PM
Writing Brody out would have been fine if they just moved back into the next CIA/Terrorism bad guy storyline.

They seemed scared to commit and now this is what is left.

Machiavelli
11-05-2013, 10:18 AM
The actress who plays Dana sounds like her nose is permanently congested. Annoying enough for me to hope she's gone for a long time.

VANFLAMESFAN
11-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Brody being written out of the show has been a huge mistake. Deleting your main character for almost an entire season is something only The Wire's writers could pull off successfully.

Mcnulty was far from the main character of the show. When he got a lot of scenes in the early seasons, he was hardly the soul of that show like a normal main character is. Baltimore was the main character of The Wire.

RogerWilco
11-05-2013, 09:11 PM
I hope that was a clumsy way to be rid of Dana. I never want to see that character again.
Agreed, sick of it. She is possibly the dumbest, most selfish, annoying TV character in a long time. It is ruining the show.

Iceman57
11-06-2013, 04:36 PM
*SPOILERS

I am so glad i stuck with this season, last weeks episode was truly amazing and back to form. Saul is a bad ass and did exactly what i wanted him to, did not see that killing spree coming and hopefully Dina moving out means she is no longer on the show.

Very much looking forward to next Sunday's episode to watch the interrogation, hopefully they get some answers to the CIA bombing and maybe even clear Brodie name, that would be cool.

Flames Draft Watcher
11-10-2013, 12:46 AM
It's getting to be time to accept that Homeland will never live up to what it could have been. It's still a decent watch, I won't bail on it like I did with The Killing and Sons of Anarchy.

The Killing was solid, not sure why you gave up on that one.

I binge watched all 3 seasons in about a week. Really enjoyed the whole series and definitely recommend it to people.

VANFLAMESFAN
11-10-2013, 10:29 PM
No Brody family equals great episode.

Wasn't a fan of the very convenient neighbour security cam and the fact that it only caught one of them going in. Lazy writing.

Rest of the episode I thought was pretty solid.

zamler
11-10-2013, 10:44 PM
I thought it was good but kinda slow. The show has lost its edge for me, I'm only watching now because I'm invested.

TurnedTheCorner
11-11-2013, 11:09 PM
Pretty entertaining episode. But it's definitely turning into a different show. It's 24 with less yelling and more swearing.

Acey
11-12-2013, 08:14 PM
The lack of Brody is just so odd to me... win the Emmy for Best Actor then get thrown under the bus by your own show?

JonDuke
11-12-2013, 09:16 PM
I found the last 2 episodes pretty good. I still have faith that this will end a LOT better than it started.

nik-
11-12-2013, 09:17 PM
The lack of Brody is just so odd to me... win the Emmy for Best Actor then get thrown under the bus by your own show?

I'd prefer that a show stick to a vision that was good instead of alter itself to cater to opinion.

TurnedTheCorner
11-12-2013, 09:21 PM
I'd prefer that a show stick to a vision that was good instead of alter itself to cater to opinion.

I get the feeling they're in 'making it up as we go' territory right now. Don't think it has anything to do with a vision. Just my opinion.

JonDuke
11-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Season 1 - Topless Jessica Brody a few times. Great season.
Season 2 - We only see her topless once. Season not as good as first.
Season 3 - Very little Jessica Brody - Rough start to the season. Lots of complainers.

Coincidence?

nik-
11-12-2013, 09:27 PM
I get the feeling they're in 'making it up as we go' territory right now. Don't think it has anything to do with a vision. Just my opinion.

That's exactly what I'm referencing. Brody was supposed to blow himself up in the bunker with the Vice President. They changed their mind on it because of audience reaction to Carrie and Brody. They caved and have never recovered.

Season 3 - Very little Jessica Brody - Rough start to the season. Lots of complainers.

Coincidence?

Not a coincidence.

Coys1882
11-12-2013, 10:00 PM

Coincidence?

She was pregnant - some of you kids would crap your pants if you saw lactating titties.

Flames Draft Watcher
11-15-2013, 03:20 AM
Coincidence?

Yep. Season 1 wasn't great because of her nudity. It was just a great show.

rabenson000
11-17-2013, 09:48 PM
For those of us who have watched Breaking Bad we know that disposing a body with acid in a bathtub does not work.:lol:

Brannigans Law
11-17-2013, 11:57 PM
Very good episode. Season 3 is quickly making up for lost ground.

Table 5
11-18-2013, 10:33 PM
Homeland is back! I feel like the last few episodes have been fantastic... thank god that the stupid Twilight story line is (hopefully) over with. It added nothing to the story, and frankly, just got in the way.

HelloHockeyFans
11-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Good episode! Brodie's scene with Dana sort of justifies the screen time given to Dana this season (still probably too much), but it did allow for Dana's reaction in the scene to be believable.

Brodie's Rocky moment was cool too, watching him train with the team to get in game shape.

Less teenager love story and more covert spy missions is a good thing for next week's episode in Iran.

Table 5
11-25-2013, 09:53 PM
Good episode! Brodie's scene with Dana sort of justifies the screen time given to Dana this season (still probably too much), but it did allow for Dana's reaction in the scene to be believable

I think Dana had gone through enough to justify being scarred, without having to make us suffer through the first half of this season. Brodie was already a huge enough let down in her eyes to want to commit suicide.

But yeah, good episode. His recovery felt a little rushed, but I guess they have to move things along because of all the time they wasted earlier in the season. Note to writers... anytime you want to write in a teen love story and your audience isn't teens, don't do it. You're just wasting time and everyone hates teenagers.

MillerTime GFG
11-26-2013, 07:42 AM
Am I the only who is on the fence as to which side Saul(sp?) is on?

ranchlandsselling
11-26-2013, 08:02 AM
So the senator hired the boyfriend of Saul's wife to bug the house.
Was the fact that he was an agent just a coincidence? Saul's wife has been seeing this guy for a long time, but the senator needing info only popped up recently. Doesn't really make sense to me.

Also, he should be punished. :)

JonDuke
11-26-2013, 08:58 AM
Am I the only who is on the fence as to which side Saul(sp?) is on?

I think we're going to find out that Saul has some ulterior motives for sending Javadi and Brody to Iran.
This season has gone by quickly for me.
I can't believe there's only 3 episodes left.

MillerTime GFG
11-26-2013, 09:31 AM
I was certain Saul was going to say something along the lines of "allah akhbar" to Brody when he confronted him a couple episodes ago.

Brannigans Law
12-01-2013, 11:34 PM
another very strong episode tonight. cant wait to see how this all goes down.

Machiavelli
12-02-2013, 03:15 PM
It was so obvious the poor CIA agent was screwed.

HelloHockeyFans
12-02-2013, 06:37 PM
The episode reminded me of Zero Dark Thirty...

Mike F
12-02-2013, 08:58 PM
This season is taunting the shark, but it hasn't jumped it yet.

Whether they can make Brodie carrying out his mission and possible extraction (or is that next season?) relatively plausible will determine whether the show continues as must watch or not.

Coys1882
12-03-2013, 11:16 AM
This season is taunting the shark, but it hasn't jumped it yet.

Whether they can make Brodie carrying out his mission and possible extraction (or is that next season?) relatively plausible will determine whether the show continues as must watch or not.

You're out of your mind. What are you going to watch instead? Grimm? CSI? Nashville?

The worst episode of Homeland is better than the best of any network produced tripe.

Acey
12-03-2013, 05:30 PM
The worst episode of Homeland is better than the best of any network produced tripe.

True, but at the moment there's enough quality cable/Netflix dramas that Homeland is entirely expendable, if necessary.

And to be honest, I've enjoyed a couple Person of Interest episodes this season more than I liked one of those Dana-centric episodes early this season.

nik-
12-04-2013, 11:22 PM
I thought they had the balls to actually have him abruptly die from an IED. It's obvious they're not going to actually complete this coup, so it will be interesting to see what their road forward for this season is.

I found myself really not caring during the firefight because this whole plan they have is so just over the top that it's borderline comical.

Table 5
12-06-2013, 11:12 PM
I thought it was another great tense episode myself. Can't wait till next week (which is only in 3 days...yay, for delayed viewing).

nik-
12-08-2013, 08:41 PM
so ... that happened.

zamler
12-08-2013, 10:46 PM
Incredible episode.

kipperfan
12-09-2013, 02:33 PM
And…this show is back to being awesome again. Great episode, can't wait for next week to see how this plays out.

Brannigans Law
12-09-2013, 11:52 PM
My heart was pounding out of my chest at the end . What an amazing episode.

dobbles
12-11-2013, 01:25 PM
these last few episodes have been great. its unfortunate that we had to sit through weeks of the dana show to get here.... thankfully, i am slowly forgetting how painful those first few weeks were...

JonDuke
12-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Real life Homeland...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/robert-levinson-missing-american-in-iran-was-on-rogue-cia-mission-1.2462613?cmp=fbtl

Acey
12-14-2013, 04:04 AM
Finale has leaked online, use any number of sites to creatively acquire it.

All I have to say is.... wow. Holy fata.

JonDuke
12-14-2013, 10:30 AM
^ Ugh
I had to watch it. Wish I hadn't
I've found that many recent episodes were very slow for the first half, and then action packed for the last half. This one was the complete opposite. That's all I'll say for now, except echo the holy fata sentiment.

TurnedTheCorner
12-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Finale airs tomorrow, right?

JonDuke
12-14-2013, 10:51 PM
Finale airs tomorrow, right?

It does.
And it also leaked online earlier today.

skudr248
12-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Yeah saw it yesterday... just damn. :whaa:

Brannigans Law
12-15-2013, 03:15 PM
I can't wait to go home and watch. edit: I guess I may as well not repeat what someone else said in case someone didn't read it.

Mike F
12-15-2013, 04:28 PM
I can't wait to go home and watch. I wish I didn't know it ended in tragedy, although, who am I kidding it's homeland. I wont read this anymore until I watch it.
If you wished you didn't know it ended in tragedy, why the h*** would you reveal that it does in this thread, letting the rest of us know???

Brannigans Law
12-15-2013, 05:19 PM
edit: I just commented on the previous post made in last page. I guess I anticipated a certain way for it to end, don't blame me :(

Acey
12-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Did it finish at 8? I've never watched it live, I don't even know what time it airs in Canada.

bluck
12-15-2013, 08:37 PM
What an episode!

Brannigans Law
12-15-2013, 09:20 PM
that was ####ing amazing. i cant believe how this series did a 180 in quality. season 2 was getting a little stupid but had amazing pay offs. season 3 started so bad and then got so god damn good. then this last 3 or 4 episodes? and this ending with brodies arc and story line coming togerher like that? UNREAL. i honestly could have this series ending like this being a victory for ths tv show. what a perfect ending.

the dialogue was perfect too. and carrie adding brody to the wall with a sharpie... perfect. wow. i dont think ive felt this satisfied after a tv show since breaking bad. perfect perfect perfect.

Mike F
12-15-2013, 09:40 PM
Felt like a series finale. Anyone know it's status for next year?

Acey
12-15-2013, 09:48 PM
It is renewed for next year. Morena (Jessica Brody) and Morgan (Dana Brody) are demoted from main cast to occasional guest stars, so we'll see them again. The fact that it is renewed kind of undermines what would have been a solid finale, but at the same time I'm excited for the reboot next year. At least they didn't drag the original premise on too long. Carrie writing on the wall at the end is one of my favourite scenes of the whole series.

TurnedTheCorner
12-15-2013, 09:51 PM
That was pleasantly subdued.

TurnedTheCorner
12-15-2013, 10:01 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, the actual Langley bomber remains unknown and at large. Right?

Brannigans Law
12-15-2013, 10:04 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, the actual Langley bomber remains unknown and at large. Right?

Yes that's a story line that kind of got lost in the shuffle. Perhaps it will be a key plot point in season 4?

still can't believe brody is gone. but really that was the right way for his arc to finish off. who could possibly see him living happily ever after with carrie?

Mike F
12-15-2013, 10:08 PM
It is renewed for next year. Morena (Jessica Brody) and Morgan (Dana Brody) are demoted from main cast to occasional guest stars, so we'll see them again. The fact that it is renewed kind of undermines what would have been a solid finale, but at the same time I'm excited for the reboot next year. At least they didn't drag the original premise on too long. Carrie writing on the wall at the end is one of my favourite scenes of the whole series.
Reboot has the potential to reinvigorate the series. I'd like to see a Body of Lies like season, with Quinn running an Op, and Carrie overseeing things from Istanbul (though, honestly, Saul running Quinn and Carrie going away would be ideal, but not going to happen).

I've had enough of Langley, the Brodys, and Carrie.

Acey
12-15-2013, 10:21 PM
If I didn't know any better, I'd say Quinn appears to be in love with Carrie. I hope that doesn't get in the way.

How good is he at hiding his accent, though?! Didn't even realize he was English all of last season.

I'm on the verge of just assuming everyone on TV is English and is hiding their accent.

Acey
12-16-2013, 01:04 AM
Final scene with Carrie and the nice music.

E69EJjZoG7M

nfotiu
12-16-2013, 09:47 AM
I wasn't a big fan of the finale at all. MAybe it is just because I was never able to buy into the whole Carrie/Brodie love affair. She spent a whole year trying to convince everyone that Brodie was a bad guy, and pretty much ruined her life doing it. Yet, once it is revealed he really was a bad guy, she falls in love with him??? And then having to buy that the CIA lets her be involved in all these missions where her feelings for him clearly affect her judgement seemed overly contrived and corny. I am glad the Carrie/Brodie stuff is done, and hope it goes in a better direction from here.

nik-
12-16-2013, 11:26 AM
I wasn't a big fan of the finale at all. MAybe it is just because I was never able to buy into the whole Carrie/Brodie love affair. She spent a whole year trying to convince everyone that Brodie was a bad guy, and pretty much ruined her life doing it. Yet, once it is revealed he really was a bad guy, she falls in love with him??? And then having to buy that the CIA lets her be involved in all these missions where her feelings for him clearly affect her judgement seemed overly contrived and corny. I am glad the Carrie/Brodie stuff is done, and hope it goes in a better direction from here.

I agree with a lot of that. Also

The Senator making her office chief in Istanbul while she has been a complete train wreck who doesn't listen to orders all season. Oh, and is also pregnant ... it seems incredibly far fetched.

Acey
12-16-2013, 12:33 PM
Huge ratings for the finale, the biggest of the series so far. Up 27% from last year's finale.

Barnes
12-16-2013, 01:14 PM
I thought the finale only emphasized what a cluster#### of a season it was. What was the point of any of the Dana/boyfriend b story? It would take half an episode to have the viewers understand she hates her father and has no chance at a relationship.

The Iranians are just going to give her a pass for climbing the fence and yelling out for him in tears?

I still have to clean up the vomit on the floor that I upchucked during the whole destined paths conversation in the safe house.

When I saw the Four months later come up I thought great, can't wait to be caught up with how Carrie's doing in month 8 of her pregnancy.

Lockheart has no reason to offer her the station chief job. It makes zero sense. Bang the audience over the head that the Senator doesn't agree with the current way the Company is being run and sees Carrie as an uncontrollable analyst who is mentally ill and disobeys orders --> Youngest Station Chief in history in the premiere post in the Middle East.

They should reboot only with Quinn, Dar Adall and Saul and spin of Carrie into her own show so we don't have to suffer the next few season of her struggling to tell the Brody's about their new half sister. Can't wait to learn about what it's like being a career woman raising a child in Istanbul.

kipperfan
12-16-2013, 03:03 PM
I thought the finale only emphasized what a cluster#### of a season it was. What was the point of any of the Dana/boyfriend b story? It would take half an episode to have the viewers understand she hates her father and has no chance at a relationship.

The Iranians are just going to give her a pass for climbing the fence and yelling out for him in tears?

I still have to clean up the vomit on the floor that I upchucked during the whole destined paths conversation in the safe house.

When I saw the Four months later come up I thought great, can't wait to be caught up with how Carrie's doing in month 8 of her pregnancy.

Lockheart has no reason to offer her the station chief job. It makes zero sense. Bang the audience over the head that the Senator doesn't agree with the current way the Company is being run and sees Carrie as an uncontrollable analyst who is mentally ill and disobeys orders --> Youngest Station Chief in history in the premiere post in the Middle East.

They should reboot only with Quinn, Dar Adall and Saul and spin of Carrie into her own show so we don't have to suffer the next few season of her struggling to tell the Brody's about their new half sister. Can't wait to learn about what it's like being a career woman raising a child in Istanbul.

Yep, I have to agree with a lot of that. The only way the 4-5 episodes revolving around Dana make any sense would have been for Brodie to live, stay in the show and the Brodie/Dana dynamic continues to develop in the coming seasons. To have all of the teenage drama garbage only to lead up to a 3 minute scene of Brodie and Dana meeting and then Brodie dying shortly after is just pure trash writing.

I don't have an issue with killed Brodie off, but IMO they clearly missed 3-4 much better opportunities to have done it in the past; this was probably the most anticlimactic way they could have killed off the star of their show. And to do it with 25 minutes left in the episode? And then the last 20 minutes after that, to close out the season, are pure junk that you might find on some B rate network drama? Crap, pure and utter crap.

If their goal was to leave me with zero to interest in watching the show moving forward, they did a pretty good job of that. Otherwise, massive fail.

Brannigans Law
12-16-2013, 03:13 PM
I cant possibly disagree with the sentiment more from the last few posts. Ah well, one mans corn flakes is another mans cheerios. Dont ask me to elaborate on that.

Mike F
12-16-2013, 10:48 PM
Maybe because everything they did, everything he initially opposed, succeeded with flying colors, was a huge coup for the CIA, and, as was stated by Saul or Dar Adal, would make his career, running a highly placed, highly influential Iranian as a CIA asset, the benefits of which were already being realized by the end of the episode.

In the face of all of that, it would have been ridiculous of him to maintain a grudge

nik-
12-16-2013, 10:57 PM
Except it was Saul who did it, often while Carrie was close to burning it all down on multiple occassions. It's not logical at all, but whatever, there's been a lot of logic leaps in this show the last two seasons.

Mike F
12-16-2013, 11:03 PM
Carrie was integral to the plot; what she went through to lure in Javadi, pulling Brody out of the abyss and convincing him to go to Iran, and being right that he hadn't played them and would go through with the mission.

Given that Lockhart was a politician, the most realistic move was for him to do an immediate 180 and pretend like he was in favour of everything all along.

nik-
12-16-2013, 11:07 PM
And the only reason she wasn't dead on one of the occassions that she tried to torpedo everything is that Quinn is a nice guy with a good shot. Her getting promoted would never happen except on TV. Never.

She's an insubordinate recruiter with mental stability issues and she's 8 months pregnant. It would never happen.

corporatejay
12-17-2013, 12:03 AM
I suspect that if she climbed the fence at Brody's hanging in real life, as people cheered for his death, they would have beaten her in the street and lit her on fire.

greyshep
12-17-2013, 01:19 AM
I am curious how they plan on continuing a show that mainly focused on a character and storyline that was killed off at the end of the 3rd year.
The other characters hold a bit of interest, but I dont really see where this is headed. I have zero interest in watching Carrie struggle with the working or absentee mom thing.

I cant see this show making it past the next season. Just as well I suppose, the story has been told, time to find something else to watch I guess.

I certainly loved the second last episode though. I will pretend that was the series finale so it could go out on a high note.

nfotiu
12-17-2013, 08:06 AM
I am curious how they plan on continuing a show that mainly focused on a character and storyline that was killed off at the end of the 3rd year.
The other characters hold a bit of interest, but I dont really see where this is headed. I have zero interest in watching Carrie struggle with the working or absentee mom thing.

I cant see this show making it past the next season. Just as well I suppose, the story has been told, time to find something else to watch I guess.

I certainly loved the second last episode though. I will pretend that was the series finale so it could go out on a high note.

If they are going to keep letting Carrie get away with all her crap, she's got to start being a little more awesome at her job. I could always kind of accept Jack Bauer getting away with stuff because he was always one step ahead of the terrorists and a bad ass. But Carrie's only great talent was being the only one to catch on that Brody was bad, then being the only one to realize he was actually good.

RogerWilco
12-17-2013, 08:18 AM
Really good episode, but I don't see the point in continuing on. It should have been the series finale.

Mike F
12-17-2013, 09:34 AM
And the only reason she wasn't dead on one of the occassions that she tried to torpedo everything is that Quinn is a nice guy with a good shot. Her getting promoted would never happen except on TV. Never.

She's an insubordinate recruiter with mental stability issues and she's 8 months pregnant. It would never happen.
LOL. Looks like you've got all of the facts sewn up.

True story: I work with a guy who's harsh with other workmates and once went MIA for an entire week on a drug addled tour through east Van which threw the office into disarray and included losing a non-password protected phone containing sensitive client info. Not only was he not fired, shortly after he was given a big raise. Why? Because he brings in a lot of money.

In the real world, bottom line success will cover over a lot of warts, and Carrie was integral to a massive bottom line success for the CIA. As much as I can't stand her, she got the job done.

nik-
12-17-2013, 10:20 AM
You're comparing a salesman going on a bender to a borderline treasonous CIA agent being promoted to station chief of a critical Middle Eastern post.

JeanLucPicard
12-17-2013, 08:37 PM
Just watched the finale. I feel like watching 10 episodes of Seinfeld after that to balance out the upsetting feeling.
The hanging scene was more upsetting than it was a shock. Thought about comparing it to another tragic scene like the Red Wedding - watching that did not invoke any feelings of sadness at all - it was more like "oh f### that was awesome"
This scene, however, had a totally different feeling to it - it was really sad and gave me a headache. I guess it kind of hit me how things like that happen all the time in the real world - things like public execution of people just accused of being criminal by the state, and on going bombings everyday, etc etc

Overall I would give this season a 7/10.

fundmark19
12-20-2013, 07:59 AM
Really good episode, but I don't see the point in continuing on. It should have been the series finale.

agreed I can't sit here for 8 months being excited for the next season with the only story line remaining of will Carrie have her baby or give it away. They should have just ended the series since they wrapped it up in such a nice little bow. It is like the writers new they were all going to be fired because their contracts were up and didn't think they would pay for them to come back

CaramonLS
12-28-2013, 02:17 PM
http://www.latintimes.com/homeland-season-4-spoilers-dana-receive-spinoff-series-called-dana-diaries-141035

Lol...

Bad Santa
12-28-2013, 03:34 PM
No idea where they will go from here. They turned Brody too soon, they could easily have drawn that out over a couple of more seasons.

Listened to a Homeland podcast, and they don't believe that Brody is really dead. As crazy as it sounds, they make a good point - where can the show go from here if he really is dead? I just don't understand how you could kill off one half of the best duo on television. Didn't Damian Lewis win an Emmy for best actor just last year?

TurnedTheCorner
12-28-2013, 03:35 PM
No idea where they will go from here. They turned Brody too soon, they could easily have drawn that out over a couple of more seasons.
The season was drawn out anyway, I'm really glad it wasn't stretched out even more.

Bad Santa
12-28-2013, 03:54 PM
Oh, I agree, this season was garbage for the most part. Two, maybe three good episodes while the rest was filler.

I'm talking about how they took Brody into custody at the start of season two. They should have not done that so soon into the show, unless they were just aiming for three quick seasons.

nik-
12-28-2013, 04:34 PM
lol, if Brody wasn't dead, the show's transformation to the dark side would be complete.

Brody was supposed to die at the end of the first season, so whatever plan they had after that they should probably try it out.

JonDuke
12-28-2013, 05:15 PM
I actually was wondering, when he was hanging there, how they could/might possibly say he didn't die/had a body double or secretly escaped.

As much as I was sad to see him go (more because I don't know what the show can be without him), I would hate for them to go that route and say he's still alive.

sergei_makarov
01-16-2014, 12:52 AM
ILdik-ARaAU

Young-Sneezy
01-21-2014, 01:53 AM
ok, good news, and bad news...

The GOOD news is that Dana isn't going to be in the next season

The BAD news, is that Jessica Brody won't be in it either...bummer...

Hemi-Cuda
06-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Just finished season 3, and I think I'm going to pretend that was a series finale. The whole reason I started watching Homeland was because Damien Lewis was the lead, and he was such an underrated actor ever since Band of Brothers. I hated the Carrie character from the start, and with Saul not really in the picture anymore I just can't see a reason to check out season 4

I think this is a case where the writers blew their wad too early, as the first 2 seasons were awesome but then in season 3 they didn't seem to know what to do. So much time centered around such an uninteresting character in Dana that ultimately amounted to nothing, re-using the same plotlines of Carrie being crazy and ignoring orders yet somehow being forgiven, it just felt like a mess until the last couple of episodes

IMO the first season should have left Brodie a mystery and focused soley on the black marine who was turned, maybe with a cliffhanger at the end of season 1 with Brodie meeting one of Nazir's guys. They could have done so much more with that premise but seemed to rush through it way too quickly

Brannigans Law
08-21-2014, 10:10 PM
Season 4 is out october 2nd. I can't flipping wait. Hopefully they don't wait until half the season is done to get good this time.

To Be Quite Honest
09-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Xi_rbbUWYWA

Displaced Flames fan
09-03-2014, 09:34 PM
Best season so far. Can't wait to find out how Bodie survived his hanging.

JonDuke
09-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Best season so far. Can't wait to find out how Bodie survived his hanging.

Love this show. Loved his character and would love for him to return, but it's not happening. Unless the season is as bad as most anticipate, and they somehow work it into the season finale to make you return for season 5.

d_phaneuf
09-07-2014, 10:12 PM
Season 4 is out october 2nd. I can't flipping wait. Hopefully they don't wait until half the season is done to get good this time.

really hoping they take the chance to reboot it now without Brody in to a complete spy type show

they had a lot of nods to Le Carre's stuff last year, if thats what the show became full time I think it can get back to season 1 levels

Acey
09-29-2014, 04:12 PM
Sounds like critics are liking season 4 so far.

...the producers of Homeland looked at each other and said, “Now whatta we do? Carrie’s preggers. Saul’s at the wailing wall he calls his marriage. And according to Twitter, if we bring back Dana for any more sullen temper-tantrum scenes, our offices are going to be degraded and destroyed quicker than an al Qaeda compound.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/homeland-season-4-tv-review-736021

Coys1882
10-01-2014, 01:35 PM
I've enjoyed Homeland all the way through so far - I never felt the series hinged on Brody, I always thought the CIA piece of it was much important and I'm glad they're going that route.

Real shame to hear about the passing of James Rebhorn too - it's secondary actors like him that never get the fanfare but you see him in everything.

Displaced Flames fan
10-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Nice start to the season tonight. Wide open,

nik-
10-05-2014, 11:40 PM
Great great start. Hopefully this is back on the rails towards what this show could have been without the Brody anchor after season 1.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Displaced Flames fan
10-06-2014, 07:59 AM
I loved watching Saul in the meeting in the Pentagon and not being able to separate himself from his responsibility as a fed even though he now works for a security contractor. Thought that was an awesome scene for Mandy.

Mike F
10-06-2014, 09:59 PM
I got zero enjoyment out of the first two episodes.

The main reason is that I've really come to loathe Carrie. Emotionally damaged, face scrunchy Carrie. Now throw in emotionally damaged, face scrunchy Quinn, a comically corrupt CIA chief right out of the worst seasons of 24, and a Pakistani kid who couldn't act surprised if he woke up and found his balls sewn onto his forehead.

Not much hope for this season.

nik-
10-06-2014, 10:14 PM
damn. That's too bad. I find it way better than the Romeo and Juliet they were tossing out for the last two seasons.

Mike F
10-06-2014, 10:42 PM
To be honest, I was no big fan of much of last season either.

But to each their own. If you enjoy it, bully for you.

And I'll keep watching in hope that it picks up.

I loved watching Saul in the meeting in the Pentagon and not being able to separate himself from his responsibility as a fed even though he now works for a security contractor. Thought that was an awesome scene for Mandy.
I'll second that. The more Saul, the better, IMO.

Acey
10-14-2014, 01:09 PM
Not much hope for this season.

Homeland is best when they do Homeland... not when they try to be something else, and an emotionally damaged Carrie is the crux of Homeland.

This is a show that beat Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, and Mad Men to win best drama in 2012 and through only three episodes I see that potential here as well.

nik-
10-14-2014, 03:00 PM
It's definitely at season 1 levels for me right now. Which is great, because it was really off the rails for seasons 2 and 3.

nfotiu
10-14-2014, 03:03 PM
It's definitely at season 1 levels for me right now. Which is great, because it was really off the rails for seasons 2 and 3.

Yeah, I agree. Brodie's character was great in the first season, but I got really sick of how they tried to force him into the second and third seasons. Killing him off has really seemed to let this show go in a better direction.

nik-
10-14-2014, 03:04 PM
Well they diverged from their plan to appease fans who liked Brody and Carrie's chemistry. That's just never a good idea or you turn into LOST ... a rudderless mess.

Mike F
10-14-2014, 10:22 PM
Homeland is best when they do Homeland... not when they try to be something else, and an emotionally damaged Carrie is the crux of Homeland.

This is a show that beat Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, and Mad Men to win best drama in 2012 and through only three episodes I see that potential here as well.
Homeland is at its best when a smart, tense, espionage thriller. Bomb-strapped Brodie orchestrating his entry into a secure room with the vice-president then having to wrestle with his cultivated hatred vs. his love for his daughter and desire to protect her love for him was Homeland at its best. Emotionally damaged Carrie making her scrunchie face into a tight camera shot is a tired cliché to be pitched to Emmy voters.

Homeland won best drama because it added a fresh, gripping plot to some impressive emotional acting by Claire Danes. Unfortunately, IMO, Claire Danes scrunchie face has been trotted out a few dozen times too many, the gripping plot has yet to emerge, and the Brody character, which was complex and fresh (yes, that word again), has been replaced by a Quinn that's been turned into a male Carrie.

corporatejay
10-15-2014, 12:36 AM
Yeah, I continue to watch but this show is garbage now.

Machiavelli
10-15-2014, 10:08 PM
I don't know why they're pushing this whole "Quinn lives Carrie" thing. I never really got that vibe from Quinn, and the whole storyline seems really forced.

Acey
10-19-2014, 10:19 PM
At some point recently, somebody in the Homeland writers' room was like, "let's make Carrie the most despicable female lead on cable television."

nik-
11-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Good episode tonight. This is a much more fun season imo. The intrigue stuff is a lot more entertaining.

Coys1882
11-17-2014, 08:33 AM
This is my favourite show on TV right now - so much better with Brody and his family gone.

nfotiu
11-17-2014, 09:16 AM
This is my favourite show on TV right now - so much better with Brody and his family gone.

This show is so much better when there isn't a Carrie love story subplot.

Displaced Flames fan
11-17-2014, 10:09 AM
I almost got upset last night. Phew.

nik-
11-17-2014, 11:48 AM
That was some pretty tense television.

... and yeah, they better not go down that road with Aasar Khan and Carrie.

JonDuke
11-18-2014, 10:19 AM
Great past 2 episodes. I'm glad to see this series is back on track and captivating again.

Mike F
11-18-2014, 02:46 PM
Just caught up through the most recent 5 episodes this morning.

The parts where it's ISI + Taliban vs. CIA are very entertaining, and the events surrounding Saul were pulled off very well. Getting the med student out of the way did wonders. Because of that, I'm back to looking forward to the end of the season.

But every time it veers into Carrie-centric spans, I just get annoyed. Maybe I'm just too overcome by my dislike for her character, but I don't see what it adds to have Carrie going off on benders. Replace that with more debates between Saul and Haqqani, who both see themselves as justified and righting wrongs, or the CIA, who see terrorism in black and white, and ISI, who have internal pressures that create gray areas, and you'd have a really smart, tense show.

nik-
11-23-2014, 10:02 PM
oooooooh shiiiiiiiiiiiiit

nik-
11-23-2014, 10:45 PM
Crap, and there's no episode next week because of American Thanksgiving. You cruel #######s.

corporatejay
11-24-2014, 01:19 AM
Well, that was good

Hockey
11-24-2014, 02:01 AM
Damn

Mike F
11-24-2014, 10:51 AM
Well, ######.... This season has done a complete 180 for me. So glad I didn't abandon the show. (Though I am having to work hard at ignoring the lame secret unguarded tunnel under the embassy secured only by a pad lock.)

I hope the show has the internal integrity to have Saul completely break down, if he survives, because this is his worst nightmare.

Acey
11-24-2014, 02:58 PM
Another Emmy for Claire Danes is pretty much guaranteed at this point.

Sr. Mints
11-25-2014, 06:54 PM
Even when you factor in the boring as #### third season, this is one of my favourite shows on TV in the last decade.

JonDuke
11-25-2014, 07:27 PM
Even when you factor in the boring as #### third season, this is one of my favourite shows on TV in the last decade.

Ditto! Love this show. Was scared as hell when Brodie died, but am glad it's bounced back into a must watch TV show.

Acey
12-07-2014, 10:36 PM
One of the most intense episodes of television I've seen in my entire life, though that statement has been applicable to several prior episodes of Homeland.

Honestly, no exaggeration... literally sitting in a pile of sweat recovering from that.

Sr. Mints
12-08-2014, 06:36 AM
I bit off all my fingernails watching that episode.

Mike F
12-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Well, they devolved back into the 24 like realm.

Lockheart conveniently breaking down to hand over the list (and no one trying to stop him), everyone being pulled by Presidential order then Lockheart meekly acquiescing to Carrie staying behind. . . . Just do away with reason to serve convenience.

Plus, no believable follow through on Saul's emotional state. By the time they're getting into the SUVs he's fine. They didn't need to follow through on that to serve where they're pushing the story, so why bother.

Edit: Another long standing issue I have is that they've never even attempted to come up with a plausible reason for the Ambassador's husband stealing intel, something this whole season has hinged on.

nik-
12-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Yeah ... I was kind of underwhelmed by that episode last night and I was really looking forward to it.

d_phaneuf
12-09-2014, 10:46 PM
Well, they devolved back into the 24 like realm.

Lockheart conveniently breaking down to hand over the list (and no one trying to stop him), everyone being pulled by Presidential order then Lockheart meekly acquiescing to Carrie staying behind. . . . Just do away with reason to serve convenience.

Plus, no believable follow through on Saul's emotional state. By the time they're getting into the SUVs he's fine. They didn't need to follow through on that to serve where they're pushing the story, so why bother.

Edit: Another long standing issue I have is that they've never even attempted to come up with a plausible reason for the Ambassador's husband stealing intel, something this whole season has hinged on.

for the Lockhart thing it makes sense because he's a career politician who snaked himself in to the role, the ambassador knew not to give the list, and if it was any CIA there (Carrie/Saul etc.) they wouldn't either

I think the Husband tied in to Sandy trading info, they haven't really explained it but it did say they were friends, so he could have sold it to him as the right thing to do

Azure
12-11-2014, 08:21 PM
Great show, but the last episode was really strange. If Quinn knows they have the briefcase of important assets, why doesn't he start shooting a lot faster? Just seems strange that he would wait that long.

Also, the TV in the vault showing the view of the terrorists executing the people out front would be turned off. I know they are trying to add to the suspense, but anyone with half a brain could have seen that.

Acey
12-11-2014, 10:01 PM
The realism in Homeland went away somewhere early in season 1. I no longer care, I just enjoy the performances.

Mike F
12-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Another quibble - when did Max and Fara integrate into the main CIA group? Last time I remember seeing them, they were still in Carrie's secret offices. Did they get parachuted in with no explanation just so Fara could be killed?

nik-
12-14-2014, 10:29 PM
wtf?!

wut you do Dar Adal?

Acey
12-15-2014, 05:29 AM
Homeland gonna Homeland

Mike F
12-15-2014, 09:59 PM
Homeland gonna Homeland
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7480/16032491632_0ecf65bb4f_o.jpg

Coys1882
12-15-2014, 10:35 PM
^^ not even close. I'm having trouble finding a better show on TV right now.

corporatejay
12-16-2014, 12:15 AM
^^ not even close. I'm having trouble finding a better show on TV right now.

That's more of an indictment as to the current state of TV.

activeStick
12-16-2014, 03:27 AM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/12/14/cia-agents-assess-how-real-is-homeland.html

nfotiu
12-16-2014, 11:27 AM
Dragging Brodie along for 2 more seasons than was necessary made the show jump the shark IMO. Killing him off has allowed it to comeback as a very watchable and enjoyable show IMO.

VANFLAMESFAN
12-16-2014, 11:31 AM
That's more of an indictment as to the current state of TV.

TV has never been better than in the last ten years. Not sure how that could even be debated. I will say that the last year hasn't been stellar, but there's still plenty of great shows out there.

1stLand
12-18-2014, 09:57 AM
SPOILER ALERT

Haqqani is actually a CIA operative.

PLOT TWIST!

Haqqani is actually Carrie's Half Brother.

Carries father was stationed in Pakistan in the early 70's and that is where he met Haqqani's mother.

Azure
12-18-2014, 10:52 AM
Oh it is an amazing show. Just think they could advance the plot in a more believable way.

HamptonIce
12-21-2014, 08:44 PM
Imo...a very underwhelming finale to one of the best seasons (later half) of a television series.

Acey
12-21-2014, 08:54 PM
Homeland writers seem to be unaware that they are the missing piece preventing Homeland from being an elite drama like it was in season 1.

nik-
12-21-2014, 09:20 PM
wow ... what a complete dud of a season finale. Like seriously, you pick now to do a throwaway episode on her mother?

Jesus christ.

Acey
12-21-2014, 09:33 PM
It might be the worst episode of a cable drama I've ever seen relative to the episodes that preceded it.

nik-
12-21-2014, 09:36 PM
That episode actually has me debating with myself as to whether I'm out on Homeland. I think I might be out on Homeland. This show is good when it's spooks and targets. It's awful when it's everything else. It needs to stay in its lane.

Acey
12-21-2014, 11:06 PM
Rumours that Rupert Friend (Quinn) will be gone. If he's out, I'm out.

corporatejay
12-21-2014, 11:20 PM
That was probably the biggest piece of #### I've ever seen in my life.

VANFLAMESFAN
12-21-2014, 11:23 PM
Finale just didn't live up to what they gave us in this awesome season. Not sure how anyone could call the finale anything but a massive letdown.

corporatejay
12-21-2014, 11:30 PM
Finale just didn't live up to what they gave us in this awesome season. Not sure how anyone could call the finale anything but a massive letdown.

This the understatement of the century.

1stLand
12-22-2014, 11:48 AM
what are you talking about? I thought it was an awesome episode.

Saul goes against everything he stands for in order to save himself the embarrassment of having his hostage video released.
The guy on the movie Scarface was riveting in every scene he was in.
Quinn going away and not knowing if he will ever come back.

I thought it was a great episode. We see the more human side of all the characters during the reception after the Funeral.
One of the most powerful men in the country does something as simple as bringing a plate of his wife's lasagna. It felt real.

Also, did you notice the letter on the top of the Pile that Quinn gave the guy was addressed to Carrie? I think its an ominous sign that he dies.

nik-
12-22-2014, 03:09 PM
That it no way was an awesome episode. It would have been an "ok" episode if it was one of the first episodes of the year. Not as a season finale following an episode where the director of Black Ops is in a car with the most wanted terrorist.

It was an awful episode considering it's placement. Character development for a newly introduced character in a season finale? Seriously. Awful.

Acey
12-22-2014, 06:02 PM
I thought it was a great episode. We see the more human side of all the characters during the reception after the Funeral.

I don't have a problem with what they were trying to do in this finale, but the execution simply wasn't there. Don't call it "Long Time Coming" and just fata around for 52 minutes.

Carrie's mom drama. Cool. This failed simply because it was introduced way too late in the season and there wasn't time to do it properly, or rather there's things we care way more about after two episodes that had me on the edge of my seat.

Carrie and Quinn. Cool... whole season was building up to this, so execute it properly. Ravage her in the back of your truck or something. Annoying seeing Quinn be a biatch like that after a season of him F'ing up people up and building a bomb to blow a car full of people to smitherines. Poor execution.

Carrie and Saul. Your suspicions about this mess are confirmed and you're just gonna walk away like that and not lay into Saul like we've seen you do so many times? That ain't Carrie. That ain't Homeland. That's a bunch of writers who inexplicably forgot what damn show they were writing for.

d_phaneuf
12-22-2014, 06:25 PM
ya my issue is with it as a finale

as an episode I think it's a B/B+, as a finale it's a D-

if last weeks episode was the end of the season and they saved this for next years premiere I would have liked it a lot

Mike F
12-22-2014, 08:29 PM
What a waste of time.

Started three times to put my criticisms in order, but it's not worth it. Show went from illogically zany last episode to insomnia curingly boring this one. The only consistent thread is its insistence on giving Claire Danes at least one scrunchie face scene per episode to add to her Emmy submission reel.

Machiavelli
12-24-2014, 11:44 PM
I am disappoint.

Machiavelli
12-24-2014, 11:54 PM
Oh, and baby Brody is a better actor than those annoying twins on SOA.

nik-
12-25-2014, 12:17 AM
Oh, and baby Brody is a better actor than those annoying twins on SOA.

Lets not talk about that baby. That baby is ####ing terrifying.

Displaced Flames fan
12-26-2014, 06:45 AM
Not a fan of the episode, but it did set up an interesting dynamic for next season....

Crazy Carrie and her mentor become adversaries after the latter sends the former's true love to his death, again (sort of).

Anything they can do to increase the camera time/plot importance for Saul is a positive in my book.

Da_Chief
12-31-2014, 09:21 AM
So first Brodie and now possibly Quinn? Ya this show is going downhill, not to mention they got rid of the only eye candy...

Acey
01-04-2015, 06:29 PM
not to mention they got rid of the only eye candy...

You mean Dana Brody?

Yamer
01-06-2015, 03:18 AM
Finally caught up on this show over the last few days, and OMG that was possibly the worst season finale in the history of everything. I kept waiting for the ball to drop on something, anything, and the biggest thing to happen was Saul's compliance with the deal.

Overall, the season was pretty damn good...but that finale left a sour taste in the mouth going into #5.

Roof-Daddy
01-08-2015, 06:26 PM
I thought that season was absolutely awesome.

Then the finale came......and there was absolutely no closure whatsoever. They got their a$$es handed to them badly, and then it really went out with a whimper.

Hopefully they make up for it in season 5.

Huntingwhale
01-22-2015, 11:08 AM
Just finished the season and that finale was horrible.

- A new character in the mother that suddenly appears out of no where. Who cares. Just another stupid family issue angle that is certain just make everyone pissed off
-The whole "Saul sold out" to become director angle. What exactly was so embarrassing about that video of him? Did I miss something? He was a prisoner and the terrorists recorded him. So what? Not his fault. The whole room of American and Pakistani operatives saw him on it already. I don't get why that would hold him back from getting the job. And the whole thing with Dar in the car was never fully explained in a satisfactory way. Maybe that's being held over for next season.

I love this show and I'm glad I ran across it. The episodes that are good, are easily some of the best TV I've ever seen. But the bad episodes just suck. Never any middle ground really. But like SoA, I feel like I'm forced to watch season 5 now out of obligation instead of genuine curiosity.

nik-
01-22-2015, 11:12 AM
Just finished the season and that finale was horrible.

- A new character in the mother that suddenly appears out of no where. Who cares. Just another stupid family issue angle that is certain just make everyone pissed off
-The whole "Saul sold out" to become director angle. What exactly was so embarrassing about that video of him? Did I miss something? He was a prisoner and the terrorists recorded him. So what? Not his fault. The whole room of American and Pakistani operatives saw him on it already. I don't get why that would hold him back from getting the job. And the whole thing with Dar in the car was never fully explained in a satisfactory way. Maybe that's being held over for next season.

I love this show and I'm glad I ran across it. The episodes that are good, are easily some of the best TV I've ever seen. But the bad episodes just suck. Never any middle ground really. But like SoA, I feel like I'm forced to watch season 5 now out of obligation instead of genuine curiosity.

He's a former CIA chief who allowed himself to be abducted, and then was bartered by the government for the release of the entire leadership of a terror network. The terror network which then attacked the American embassy killing who knows how many and causing the Americans to leave Pakistan.

That's pretty bad.

Sr. Mints
02-10-2015, 04:11 PM
What a turd of a season finale, especially in contrast to the excitement and momentum the show built this season.

GreenLantern
02-20-2015, 09:17 AM
Just finished season 3, man what a great show. I probably won't watch season 4 just because I feel Brody was the show, but I can't think of another show I enjoyed as much as this one. Judging by the reactions to season 4 finale, probably a safe decision on my part lol.

Roof-Daddy
02-20-2015, 10:36 AM
Just finished season 3, man what a great show. I probably won't watch season 4 just because I feel Brody was the show, but I can't think of another show I enjoyed as much as this one. Judging by the reactions to season 4 finale, probably a safe decision on my part lol.

Season 4 was still awesome IMO. The ending was a little disappointing, but it's not THAT bad because it wasn't really the ending, there is going to be at least another season to wrap things up.

Yamer
02-20-2015, 11:39 AM
Yeah, the season 4 finale wasn't a terrible episode in and of itself, but as a season finale to a show that really seemed to pick it up and gain momentum after losing one of its central characters it was a huge disappointment.

I don't doubt that season 5 will pick up on pace again, and I don't think we'll see a series finale that poor.

Hockey
03-07-2015, 01:26 AM
Some info on season 5

LOS ANGELES, Calif. – Time will fly between the fourth and fifth season of the Showtime spy drama “Homeland,” the series’ executive producer Alex Gansa said.

“We’re going to take about a two-year forward jump,” Gansa said Friday at the opening night of PaleyFest, the annual TV celebration at the Dolby Theatre.

On the purple carpet, Gansa said the next “Homeland” season will be filmed in Europe, most likely in Berlin. He said the setting would be Germany.

The fourth season of “Homeland” was shot in Cape Town, South Africa, which doubled for Islamabad and Kabul.

Gansa later told the PaleyFest audience that CIA officer Carrie Mathison, played by series star Claire Danes, will no longer be an intelligence officer.

Many of the “Homeland” crew members said the fourth season was critical to the series, given the death of the character of Brody, portrayed by Damian Lewis, on the third season. So the show got a “reboot,” said director Lesli Linka Glatter, referring to the fourth season’s new plot direction and darker-than-ever twists.

Showtime renewed the show for a fifth season in November.

PaleyFest organizers said about 20,000 fans were expected over the course of the 10-day festival.

itcrossedtheline
08-28-2015, 07:24 AM
Season 5 trailer out

3yBHxsTnIXg

dobbles
08-28-2015, 10:30 AM
I'm excited. Last season was pretty much a total reboot and I thought it went great. The finale was a stinker, but only in terms of being a finale.

I have confidence that this fresh start will be just as exciting as the last. Though the one thing that makes me sad about the trailer is that Quinn was not a big part of it. I really liked what they were doing with his character last season. Hope he remains a big part of the show.

d_phaneuf
08-28-2015, 10:49 AM
trailer looked really promising

I liked the part they did show with Quinn basically saying put a name in the locker and consider them gone, much better than mopey Quinn

zamler
08-28-2015, 02:46 PM
Well that got me interested.

darklord700
10-13-2015, 10:30 AM
Just finished S2 and while not as good as S1, it's still pretty watchable. But the direction S3 is taking have me wondering if I should spend more time on this show.

The setup of the show is one of limited shelve life like Prison Break. But it seems like the studio is milking this cow a bit long I'm afraid.

d_phaneuf
10-13-2015, 09:22 PM
Just finished S2 and while not as good as S1, it's still pretty watchable. But the direction S3 is taking have me wondering if I should spend more time on this show.

The setup of the show is one of limited shelve life like Prison Break. But it seems like the studio is milking this cow a bit long I'm afraid.

if you have time I would finish it, season 3 isnt the best but the end picks up a bit

season 4 I think is on par if not a bit better than 2

Party Elephant
10-14-2015, 12:18 AM
Yeah season 4 is awesome. They really got back to what made it good (espionage, suspense, action) and trimmed down the boring, directionless family drama.

darklord700
10-15-2015, 09:39 AM
I'm on S3E3 which Brody first appears. How does Brody end up in Caracas? I thought he was going to Canada at the end of S2.

Displaced Flames fan
10-15-2015, 11:42 AM
Well, so far, Season 5 is pretty great. Lots of intrigue and some really up to the minute world situations being examined.

Two words. Peter Quinn.

nik-
10-15-2015, 12:36 PM
Yeah, I've really liked the first two episodes. The Brody analog that Carrie has in her life made me laugh in a sick sort of way.

FlamesAddiction
10-20-2015, 09:02 PM
I thought this was kind of funny:

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-thursday-edition-1.3272672/homeland-is-racist-graffiti-artists-dupe-show-producers-with-arabic-tags-1.3272685

darklord700
11-17-2015, 08:49 AM
Just finished watching S4 and it is a good but not great guilty pleasure season for me. The action and suspense are there but the entire story feels gratuitous at the end. There's no major story arc after the chapter of Brody is concluded in S3. The show goes from hunting one big bad terrorist to another in a very episodic fashion.

Claire Dane, just like the show, is a good but not great actress. She has the same going bonker and semi nutso moment in almost every episode. I know she isn't a sympathetic character but the show hasn't given me any reason to continue caring about her.

S4 is a good cheap thrill that leaves viewers feeling empty after its conclusion. It actually mires in a lot of illogical plot holes. The biggest one is that Haqqani can plan the final move from day 1 and successfully anticipate Matthison and company's every move since then. And if so why is Tanseen trying to take out Matthison?

And then Lockhart will order all Marines to leave the embassy and subsequently open the safe room door just to save Fara are the dumbest of dumb moves in CIA's history.

Perhaps Homeland is at its best when every season is episodic to see Carrie, Saul and now Peter Quinn hunting one bad terrorist after another while sussing out moles. But I don't think it'll ever surpass the high water mark set by S1 again.

spetch
12-17-2015, 10:59 PM
Anybody else been watching S5?? I am really enjoying this season. Lots of "spy games" and such which imo is fun to watch.

nik-
12-17-2015, 11:02 PM
yeah, it's a pretty good season.

I kind of wish they hadn't of dragged out all the loose ends to the last episode though. It makes me worry there's going to be a cliffhanger, which just absolutely has no place in the modern cable TV show world imo.

spetch
12-17-2015, 11:26 PM
yeah, it's a pretty good season.

I kind of wish they hadn't of dragged out all the loose ends to the last episode though. It makes me worry there's going to be a cliffhanger, which just absolutely has no place in the modern cable TV show world imo.

I was thinking there was two left but Google tells me I am wrong. That kinda does suck, I can see them keeping the whole Russian thing going for next season

Joborule
12-18-2015, 10:51 PM
This season has been a fun one to watch. I'm still wondering why they bothered with bringing the mother in for the season finale last year?

JonDuke
12-19-2015, 07:05 PM
That whole mother angle last season was just a time waster/horrible writing.
I agree that this season has been easy to watch.
Sad that there's only one more episode though.

White Out 403
12-19-2015, 08:44 PM
cant wait for the season finale tomorrow. been an incredible season so far. very well written in so many regards.

ranchlandsselling
12-20-2015, 11:09 PM
So?

I thought it was. . . Meh.

Don't know what to think of Q. Assuming he doesn't survive. The boss making the offer at the end was kind of creepy. Enjoyed the barrage of bullets. The plot ended without much (by plot I mean the terrorist plot). Reporter was annoying as could be. I was hoping she'd end up in a cell or deported.

zamler
12-20-2015, 11:14 PM
I didn't think Otto's proposal was creepy it was quite classy actually. Saul can be ruthless when he wants to. So did Carrie mercy Quinn?

White Out 403
12-21-2015, 07:20 PM
I thought it was a great finale, although i dont think the foiling of the train attack was very good. happened too early and seemed anti climactic.

i think quinns letter to carrie was perfect. he died as he should have and his letter was a great little bow on his show life. i just hope they dont soap opera him and bring him back in the future.

kind of felt lke this could be a series finale. i know theres probably already a season 6 being written but, this could have wrapped up the show in my eyes

Machiavelli
12-23-2015, 07:42 PM
Ugh, not a fan of the actor that played Jonas, or whatever his name was; every scene with him dragged. Other than that, it was a pretty good season finale, and I agree it would have been a decent way to wrap up the show. A little ambiguity never hurt anyone.

Da_Chief
01-01-2016, 09:02 AM
OK season. Time to wrap it up next season I think. Carrie was annoying as ever.

Machiavelli
03-13-2017, 11:32 PM
Buuuuump.

Anyone still watch this? Really don't like what they've done with Peter Quinn's character.

I think this show has run its course.

Acey
03-13-2017, 11:54 PM
I bailed after season 4. Having said that... the season 3 finale, "The Star", remains one of my favourite episodes of television ever, and I watch a ton of TV. That's not to say it was objectively a fantastic episode; In the last couple years I've grown and can now do a much better job of critically assessing dramas, so if I were to watch it for the first time now it wouldn't have near the impact. I don't think a single episode of TV has ever hit me as hard as The Star did.

Caged Great
03-13-2017, 11:54 PM
I didn't even know it was back.

zamler
03-13-2017, 11:58 PM
Really don't like what they've done with Peter Quinn's character.
For real? He's by far the best part of this season, actually pretty much everyone/everything else is bog standard Homeland been there done that.

Machiavelli
03-14-2017, 03:52 AM
For real? He's by far the best part of this season, actually pretty much everyone/everything else is bog standard Homeland been there done that.
Yeah I'm not a fan of the crazy vet angle (PTSD? Brain damage? Too many inconsistencies in how they portray his injuries) and the constant pining for Carrie.

Huntingwhale
03-16-2017, 12:33 PM
The season is decent. Started out kind of slow, but you can always count on Homeland to get pretty intense as the season goes along.

nik-
04-04-2017, 09:36 AM
I'm actually liking this season, but I agree that the Peter thing is a pretty meh. At least they've stated now that he had a stroke which makes a lot of the portrayal make a little more sense. I was confused as to why he was so physically debilitated as a result of PTSD.

The spy stuff has always been more interesting in this show anyway. So I'm glad this season isn't so much about Carrie and more about a plot.

Huntingwhale
04-10-2017, 09:23 PM
Strange season finale. Now there is an evil president on board? Ok...

nik-
03-04-2018, 03:33 PM
Carrie still by far the weakest part of Homeland. I wish they had the balls to cut her out and just make a new plot per season.

Season 7 has been good up to this point.

Manhattanboy
03-07-2018, 01:25 PM
Not a fan of the current plot lines.

Agree - the Carrie character is just awful. Extremely tired of the bipolar/drugs/sister thing that's gone on for years. Lather rinse repeat. Time to eliminate her and go in a different direction.

Keep Saul (obviously as he is an exec producer).

Machiavelli
03-16-2018, 06:11 PM
I just found out that the actor who plays Saul was Montoya in The Princess Bride, and my mind is forever blown.

Ashartus
03-18-2018, 05:21 PM
I just found out that the actor who plays Saul was Montoya in The Princess Bride, and my mind is forever blown.

If you look up his music (mostly Broadway musicals) your mind will be further blown. The man is a pretty versatile performer.

csnarpy
03-18-2018, 06:07 PM
If you look up his music (mostly Broadway musicals) your mind will be further blown. The man is a pretty versatile performer.

Yep, he is. He actually quit acting for awhile to concentrate on singing.