PDA

View Full Version : Homeland

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bunk
12-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Anyone else watching Homeland on Showtime?

I was a big fan of Rubicon and was sad when it was cancelled, but this is an even better political/spy thriller.

I expect this show will win a lot of emmys, it's very highly acclaimed

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/homeland/season-1

For those who aren't watching, I fully recommend it. Certainly my current favourite drama.

Here's the trailer for Season 1 to pique your interest.

q4-KYAWPKzY

MoneyGuy
12-06-2011, 12:27 PM
I've heard this show is great. I wonder is season 1 is on video on demand or if there is a way to watch without downloading it? What season is it in?

Bunk
12-06-2011, 12:37 PM
It's nearing the end of season 1.

Table 5
12-06-2011, 12:41 PM
This grew to be be one of my favorite shows to watch before we left the US. Now I don't get whatever channel it's on (which one is it btw?), which is a shame. I hope to catch up on it soon.

Bunk
12-06-2011, 12:44 PM
The internets can solve all problems. Some tv providers have Showtime though if I'm not mistaken.

Table 5
12-06-2011, 01:56 PM
The internets is great, expect when it comes to picture quality. With really well shot shows and movies, it's hard to go from beautiful and big HD to dinky laptop streaming quality. I guess you get what you pay for, so I can't complain.

Winsor_Pilates
12-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Is it anything like Heartland?

3 Justin 3
12-06-2011, 02:41 PM
This show is one of my must see shows that I'll actually watch the day it comes out. Absolutely love the show.

Only 2 episodes left and a order for a 2nd season of 12 ep's has already happened, so that's awesome news as well.

Tinordi
12-06-2011, 02:45 PM
I can't tell if this show is good or trashy.

Bunk
12-06-2011, 02:57 PM
The internets is great, expect when it comes to picture quality. With really well shot shows and movies, it's hard to go from beautiful and big HD to dinky laptop streaming quality. I guess you get what you pay for, so I can't complain.

Most torrent sites like eztv have HD available. You can transfer on to a usb key and play through an xbox or whatever on to the TV.

Tinordi
12-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Says the guy who doesn't know how to use the internet.

Table 5
12-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Most torrent sites like eztv have HD available. You can transfer on to a usb key and play through an xbox or whatever on to the TV.

Yeah, I know you can torrent and transfer, but it takes time and effort to get it to that stage.....I get lazy and usually just end up streaming the low-res version because it's quick and easy to watch on my laptop in bed.

The problem is I want it free and high quality and now, ha.

MrMastodonFarm
12-06-2011, 03:34 PM
The problem is I want it free and high quality and now, ha.

Didn't you sue someone who had the same problem once? ;)

Table 5
12-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Didn't you sue someone who had the same problem once? ;)

I didn't say I was rational!

btw, there was no suing.....

kermitology
12-06-2011, 04:15 PM
It's on Shaw VOD if you have the movie central package, and it's being broadcast on Super Channel.

I'm a huge Damian Lewis fan, so I'm hooked. Really well done characters, and lovely boobies all the time.

oilyfan
12-06-2011, 04:22 PM
This is a great show, complex and intriguing. I am enjoying it, the quality from internets downloading is sometimes better than what you get on TV, just my experience.

Displaced Flames fan
12-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Keeps getting better.

I think Mandy Pintankin has been fantastic in his role.

Flames Draft Watcher
12-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Great show. One of my favourites right now.

rabenson000
12-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Great show I'm excited to see what happens in the last two episodes.
It's funny to think these two guys are the same.
http://www.berkshirefinearts.com/uploadedImages/articles/1108_Mandy-Patinkin760214.jpg
http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/G_L/Hi_Hp/Homeland/season1/homeland-04.jpg

zamler
12-06-2011, 09:21 PM
For those of you who have seen the show up until episode 10.

This has been bugging me. When Sergeant Brodie took the lie detector and passed, was it because he was just good at lying, or was the lie detector rigged? Recall that when Saul first took the test and was asked about the razor blade, the detector appeared to indicate he was not telling the truth. But Saul ripped the equipment off before the test was complete, and came back and took the test the next day, which he passed.

What is going on with this? The detector most certainly did appear to show Saul was lying. Was he? Is he the inside spy? Or am I over thinking what happened?

Near the end of episode 10, Saul did flat out tell Carrie, you were right, there is someone on the inside. That would take a man with ice in his veins if he was indeed the inside man. Seems improbable, right? But the lie detector, can't get that out of my mind.

LGA
12-06-2011, 09:43 PM

This has been bugging me. When Sergeant Brodie took the lie detector and passed, was it because he was just good at lying, or was the lie detector rigged? Recall that when Saul first took the test and was asked about the razor blade, the detector appeared to indicate he was not telling the truth. But Saul ripped the equipment off before the test was complete, and came back and took the test the next day, which he passed.

What is going on with this? The detector most certainly did appear to show Saul was lying. Was he? Is he the inside spy? Or am I over thinking what happened?

Near the end of episode 10, Saul did flat out tell Carrie, you were right, there is someone on the inside. That would take a man with ice in his veins if he was indeed the inside man. Seems improbable, right? But the lie detector, can't get that out of my mind.

Brodie told Carrie that he had just gotten used to lying and had become quite good at it from his torture years.

I suspected Saul, but I think the inside person will be someone we aren't expecting. The show's been pretty good with the "Didn't see that coming!" type moments, so I suspect we'll get fed one or two more in the next two episodes

This is by far one of my favourite shows on TV. The actors are fantastic and they do a good job mixing in good pacing and character building as well as mindblowing moments that keep you hooked. The previews they have for the next episode always tick me off, because I have to wait another bloody week before I can watch the episode.

d_phaneuf
12-06-2011, 09:46 PM

good at lying, which was shown when he said he never cheated on his wife the night after he did so.

They have been setting some stuff up with Saul possibly being a mole, possibly just red herrings, although he did say he always fails tests the first time.

Someone has to be inside though, for the reasons Saul gave, Walker knew and the couple knew to leave their house

Great show though, my favorite drama series going on right now, with a first season that has been as good as anything I can remember since the Wire/Breaking Bad

zamler
12-06-2011, 09:57 PM
None of that explains why Saul flunked the question. If the show does not address that at some point, I'll be pissed, that scene did not happen by mistake.

wait...

although he did say he always fails tests the first time.

I missed that along the way.

Definitely a great show, can't wait until the next episode, every time.

3 Justin 3
12-06-2011, 10:08 PM

I do think Saul is the inside man. Although I don't think the show would be that obvious, so I'm torn. It already sort of hinted that he could be the mole just as he failed the lie detector the first time. If he does indeed turn out to be the mole I would have liked him just pass the test, then the reveal would have been bigger ala first season of 24 when Nina turned out to be the mole, which was by far the best twist in television IMO.

This show has a lot of cool moments too, like when Brody lied about cheating on his wife and looks into the camera at Carrie. Also when the Saudi Diplomat comes home and Brody is sitting in the chair. Two really bad ass moments.

And Morena Baccorin's boobies are awesome.

zamler
12-06-2011, 10:14 PM
And Morena Baccorin's boobies are awesome.
They truly are beautiful.

LGA
12-07-2011, 12:50 AM
I think the led us to believe that Saul failed because of the situation, things were starting to fall in place for finding the terrorists, it was a pretty tense situation and he was also dealing with the scenario with his wife.

I think that Saul being the mole is just too obvious, they clearly set up the failed test, the prayer for the dead guy, and other little things as a distraction.

nik-
12-07-2011, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the recommendation. Have heard about it but never seen it. Watched 3 episodes so far and it seems pretty good. Claire Danes is much better than I would have expected, I guess I didn't know much about what she had done with her career.

Also ... nude Morena Baccarin is nice of course :lol:

zamler
12-11-2011, 11:31 PM
If have not seen episode 11, don't read.

Brilliant and infuriating episode. Carrie's career is obviously done unless she can do what the rest of the agencies cannot, stop the plot. Which I'm sure they are setting up to occur, in some fashion anyway.

One thing that does bother me, yes they eliminated Brody as a suspect, but at the same time I find it hard to believe they would just let him walk without continuing at least some intel on him. But now Brody is free to go about his shady business, with the only person suspecting him being his own daughter. Really?

And how effing stupid can Carrie really be? She can put together something from almost nothing (better when she is off her meds apparently) but she can't for one second see that Brody is a key part of everything? Okay she is in love, but can love make you that blind, and stupid? I guess. Great show, but some of the "convenient stupidity" is creeping in and it's pissing me off.

BTW, Claire Danes was absolutely brilliant in this episode.

LGA
12-12-2011, 12:29 AM
The preview for the season finale has me infuriated that it's not next week already. This show is simply amazing.

3 Justin 3
12-13-2011, 09:25 AM
This show really is one of the best on television now. 90 minute episode next week (which would mean about an hour of actual episode without commercials). Can't wait.

This is quickly becoming my favorite show and I look forward to the finale. I think the only show that is better than this one currently is Game of Thrones.

d_phaneuf
12-13-2011, 02:39 PM
The preview for the season finale has me infuriated that it's not next week already. This show is simply amazing.

this

it is 90 minutes though, which is great

Displaced Flames fan
12-19-2011, 09:32 AM
Fanfriggintastic finale!

This show is so good. I think Daines wins an Emmy, she's been awesome.

The story is fantastic.

Kavvy
12-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Never seen the show, but I clicked the link hoping for a discussion on the first book of a series featuring a bad-ass drow:

http://www.o-love.net/realms/covers_large/pic_dri1.jpg

Bunk
12-19-2011, 07:24 PM
I loved the finale as well, but there were a few awkward little bits that seemed a bit forced. The whole "why kill the man when you can kill the idea" was a bit blunt.

Table 5
12-20-2011, 09:40 AM
I thought the whole idea of using the sniper as a diversion to get everyone past the metal detectors was pretty smart, but yeah, having him not pull the trigger after all that effort to get to that situation was a little disappointing, and predictable. But I kind of figured they would find a way to keep Brody alive.

Can't wait for next season.

MoneyGuy
12-21-2011, 01:19 PM
I haven't watched this yet but hear it's terrific. Do they have any plans to replay the first season over the next few months of which anyone is aware?

d_phaneuf
12-21-2011, 04:31 PM
I thought the whole idea of using the sniper as a diversion to get everyone past the metal detectors was pretty smart, but yeah, having him not pull the trigger after all that effort to get to that situation was a little disappointing, and predictable. But I kind of figured they would find a way to keep Brody alive.

Can't wait for next season.

he did try too though, I like that they showed he was willing to go through with it

very interested to see where it goes next season

MoneyGuy
12-21-2011, 10:41 PM
The first eight episodes of Homeland season 1 air this Monday. Not sure when the rest are on. My PVR is set to record them.

Displaced Flames fan
01-16-2012, 12:07 PM
Homeland won best drama series and Claire Daines won best actress in a drama series at the Golden Globes last night.

The episode when she first comes home from the hospital was jaw dropping in terms of her performance (and frankly Mandy Patinkin's as well) and I think that episode solidified her as the clear winner.

Can't wait for season 2!

VANFLAMESFAN
01-16-2012, 12:24 PM
There is a Homeland marathon on Super Channel this Saturday. I'm getting my PVR ready as I'm interested in seeing what beat out what was an awesome season from Boardwalk Empire.

darklord700
01-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Just watched the first two episodes which are great. But it's a lot like the movie "Brothers".

VANFLAMESFAN
01-30-2012, 12:28 AM
Just watched all 12 episodes in about 4 days. I loved this show. From start to finish, I was fully on board and I see why this won some awards at the Golden Globes.

I was a little pissed off at Super channel though. I PVR'd every episode on the marathon last weekend, and thought I had finished the season with Brody flipping the switch to the vest but nothing happening. It went to credits and that was it. Then my friend told me that there was still another half of the final to go. For some reason Super Channel didn't air it during that marathon. They also only had Part One of the finale on demand, so I wasn't about to wait till this thing came out on DVD, so I downloaded it. Whatever the reason, what Super Channel did was bush. Why wouldn't they make the conclusion part of the marathon? It just doesn't make any sense.

Anyways, back to the show. Awesome ride, can't wait till Season 2.

3 Justin 3
01-30-2012, 02:37 AM
It sucks that everyone I talk to haven't even heard of it. It was the Golden Globe for best Drama (deserved), but no one knows about it. I recommend it to people so I can talk with them about it. Amazing show, hopefully by the time Season 2 comes more people will have watched/heard of it.

vilzeh
01-30-2012, 03:58 AM
Lol, here it is the opposite. Everyone knows the show and everyone talks/talked about it.

getbak
01-30-2012, 10:28 AM
It sucks that everyone I talk to haven't even heard of it. It was the Golden Globe for best Drama (deserved), but no one knows about it. I recommend it to people so I can talk with them about it. Amazing show, hopefully by the time Season 2 comes more people will have watched/heard of it.
It airs on Superchannel in Canada. If it aired on Movie Central/The Movie Network, it would have a lot more buzz in Canada.

MoneyGuy
01-30-2012, 04:11 PM
I thought Superchannel became Movie Central. At least it did for me. Is there also another channel called Superchannel?

I really want to watch Homeland but haven't seen it on stations I get - unfortunately. I'm hoping it shows up on free PPV and have been watching for it.

VANFLAMESFAN
01-30-2012, 04:17 PM
I thought Superchannel became Movie Central. At least it did for me. Is there also another channel called Superchannel?

I really want to watch Homeland but haven't seen it on stations I get - unfortunately. I'm hoping it shows up on free PPV and have been watching for it.

Superchannel is a separate channel in Canada.

I'm not sure which carrier you have, but I'm on Shaw, so this is what I know:

When I ordered Movie Central, that came with 3 SD channels, and HBO Canada in SD, plus Movie Central 1 and HBO Canada in HD. That was for like 17 bucks a month. Movie Central shows include Dexter, Nurse Jackie, Shamless, Californication, Spartacus. HBO shows are just that, the current HBO lineup.

Superchannel is completely different and shows different shows. Sons of Anarchy, Justified and now Homeland are probably their biggest shows. Plus they have some MMA events exclusive to thme. The two Superchannel stations in HD are another 17 bucks per month.

darklord700
01-30-2012, 04:20 PM
When I ordered Movie Central, that came with 3 SD channels, and HBO Canada in SD, plus Movie Central 1 and HBO Canada in HD. That was for like 17 bucks a month. Movie Central shows include Dexter, Nurse Jackie, Shamless, Californication, Spartacus. HBO shows are just that, the current HBO lineup.

Would Movie Central be the better option for movies than SC?

d_phaneuf
01-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Superchannel is a separate channel in Canada.

I'm not sure which carrier you have, but I'm on Shaw, so this is what I know:

Superchannel is completely different and shows different shows. Sons of Anarchy, Justified and now Homeland are probably their biggest shows. Plus they have some MMA events exclusive to thme. The two Superchannel stations in HD are another 17 bucks per month.

Same with Bell so I think it's country wide

RT14
01-30-2012, 06:48 PM

By far. I have Telus Optik TV and chose Superchannel over Movie Central for the first few months, switched to Movie Central/HBO and can't believe SC is still airing and making money. The movies SC plays are mostly "B" movies or movies not many have heard of, and they only have a couple good series. I've been pleasantly surprised at the level of movies and how new a lot of them are on Movie Central. Not to mention all the great series AND HBO...hands down winner and plenty worth the $15/month (or $17 I guess on Shaw and Bell).

Edit: Also, on Telus I get 2 Movie Centrals in HD and 2 HBO Canada's in HD.

getbak
01-30-2012, 06:54 PM

Yes, back in the early 80s, when the CRTC first licenced premium "Pay TV" channels, the Allard family of Edmonton were given a regional licence for Alberta and named their channel Super Channel; eventually, expanding to serve all of Western Canada.

At some point, the Allards sold their stations to WIC, which the Griffiths family of Vancouver owned the majority of. In the late 90s, the Griffiths decided to sell off their stake in WIC, which led to a showdown between Global and Shaw, which saw each company owning half of WIC.

Global and Shaw split the WIC properties, with Global taking over the over the air tv stations and Shaw taking over their radio stations and most of their cable tv stations, including Super Channel. Shortly after the split, Shaw split into two separate companies, Shaw and Corus. Super Channel became a Corus property and was rebranded as Movie Central sometime in early 2001.

A few years ago, the CRTC decided to grant a licence for a nationwide premium cable channel. The Allard family of Edmonton won the licence and resurrected their old Super Channel brand name, launching the new Super Channel in 2007 (or so).

VANFLAMESFAN
01-30-2012, 11:49 PM

Definitely. I have Movie Central year round and then Superchannel only when Sons of Anarchy is on. I ordered it for the Homeland marathon and the justified Season 2 marathon. Gonna cancel it when the minimum one month is up.

darklord700
02-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Just finished watching Homeland and I have a sneaking suspicion that Homeland might turn into another "Prision Break" that will wear out its welcome after season 1. S1 is great because of the wife and Brody's best friend while he's out, Brody and Carries' brief hook-up and whether Brody is or isn't a terrorist angles.

I'm afriad that S2 will just be about how Brody and Nazir hatch a new plan to blow up the whitehouse that's sort of thing.

MrMastodonFarm
02-22-2012, 10:19 PM
Superchannel has been replaying the first season weekly so I started to PVR them all. I was going to wait until the end to watch them but I decided to watch the first one tonight.

I'm now done the third episode.. wow, what a show. I can't add anything that I'm sure people haven't already said but what a fantastic program this is. Just another great show currently on TV.

Inarra has great tits.

ranchlandsselling
03-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Wow, how did I never hear of this show before? Randomly fell onto it this week, pretty sad it's over already. It was like going to see a really good movie but said movie lasted 5 times longer than a usual movie. What a great season!!! I can only think that I'll be dissapointed come season 2.

MrMastodonFarm
04-18-2012, 09:30 PM
Just finished the season finale of the first season, and wow, what a show.

Brody not offing himself was obvious, but the fact he was willing to go through with it was great.

Too many things already said I'm sure, but a fantastic show.

Mike F
04-18-2012, 10:47 PM
I think both Brody and Quarels should have grown a triangle soul patch to cement themselves a Band of Brothers evil twins.

VANFLAMESFAN
04-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Just finished the season finale of the first season, and wow, what a show.

Brody not offing himself was obvious, but the fact he was willing to go through with it was great.

Too many things already said I'm sure, but a fantastic show.

What was the last thing you saw? I PVR'd a marathon off of Super Channel and I watched what I thought was the finale, but it turns out that was only part 1 of the finale and for some messed up reason, Super Channel didn't air the second part and I had to download it.

Based on your post here, I'm thinking the last thing you saw was the end of Part one of the finale.

MrMastodonFarm
04-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Brody starting to get anxious, hits the trigger, doesn't go off, nervously tried to blend back into the crowd in the bunker.

That's not the end?

Oooooo my

Coys1882
04-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Brody starting to get anxious, hits the trigger, doesn't go off, nervously tried to blend back into the crowd in the bunker.

That's not the end?

Oooooo myhehe - yah, there's another episode or is it just 15 minutes or so?

Mike F
04-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Just another 15 or so, but some very, very crucial plot points setting up season 2.

VANFLAMESFAN
04-19-2012, 06:10 PM
You got half hour left. When I downloaded it, it was part of Episode 12 which was 1 hour and 20 mins or so. But when it aired on Super Channel, it was 47mins or so and ended with the trigger scene. i have no idea why Super Channel did what they did. Pretty bush league.

MrMastodonFarm
04-19-2012, 06:49 PM
That's messed up.

Coys1882
04-19-2012, 08:47 PM
When does season 2 start?

MrMastodonFarm
04-19-2012, 08:49 PM
When does season 2 start?

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00049815.html

When it premieres on September 30, the second season will pick up six months after the events of the season 1 finale. It will deal with such questions as, "How's Carrie's rehabilitation? What's up with Saul? What's up with Brody and his wife, his political career?"

MrMastodonFarm
04-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Now that's a final!

Thanks for the heads up Vanflamesfan, what an odd move by Superchannel again.

VANFLAMESFAN
04-20-2012, 08:18 PM
^^what I found really weird was the fact there was credits and everything on Super Channel's version of the finale. If my friend hadn't told me about it, I would have gone into Season 2 with Brody and the trigger being the cliffhanger.

getbak
08-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Season 2 is coming...

Xh_TPjZJCRc

3 Justin 3
08-18-2012, 03:03 AM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Kermit_3b29b2_117424.gif

This show.

Flames Draft Watcher
09-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Bumpity bump. One of the best shows on TV is starting up again this week.

Can't wait!

MrMastodonFarm
09-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Bumpity bump. One of the best shows on TV is starting up again this week.

Well, it won the Emmy for best drama a couple days ago, beating out Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire and Downton Abbey so you're definitely right there. That's some stiff arse competition and after watching Homeland I think it's deserves.

Really excited to see where they go next in season 2.

Reanimate
09-25-2012, 01:45 PM
What the heck is Dowton Abbey?

Mike F
09-25-2012, 04:30 PM
What the heck is Dowton Abbey?

Downton Abbey (http://bit.ly/vJhdkB)

d_phaneuf
09-30-2012, 11:44 PM
"I don't follow Hockey"

"If you're from Calgary you do"

great episode

the smile by Carrie at the end was great

Young-Sneezy
10-01-2012, 01:10 AM
THAT is how you open a season up! GREAT episode!

i would be lying if i said i wasnt giddy when they mentioned the flames hahaha

3 Justin 3
10-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Watching the premiere now, so far so good.

Just a heads up on how awesome this show is. The title for episode 11 of season is called The Motherf--ker with a Turban.

YES!

Mike F
10-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Amazing job of making Brody a complex character. On many levels he's the bad guy of the show - he's a terrorist (whether he wants to admit it or not) who killed his ex-partner, strapped on a suicide vest, and just stole sensitive info to give to another terrorist - and yet we (or at least I) sympathize with and feel affronted for him when he's attacked by his wife for his faith.

As solid a start to the season as they could script without Morena Baccarin nudity.

Rerun
10-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Holy crap... went from a sergeant in the Marines who failed grade 10 to being a possible candidate for congressman in the last show to an elected congressman and now in the lead to be the Presidential running mate when the VP runs for President? Doesn't anybody find this a bit unbelievable?

And wow... did they ever skip over a lot of stuff... ie the whole campaign for Congressman, etc etc.?

Boblobla
10-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Holy crap... went from a sergeant in the Marines who failed grade 10 to being a possible candidate for congressman in the last show to an elected congressman and now in the lead to be the Presidential running mate when the VP runs for President? Doesn't anybody find this a bit unbelievable?

And wow... did they ever skip over a lot of stuff... ie the whole campaign for Congressman, etc etc.?

I don't mind that they skipped that stuff. They brought you up to speed quick enough and I don't really feel like I missed anything not seeing campaign speeches and footage from the mental hospital.

BlackRedGold25
10-02-2012, 03:24 PM

I also find it unbelievable that he's a congressman but he's still living the same dumpy house that everyone knows where he lives.

oilyfan
10-02-2012, 04:14 PM
I don't have a problem with the congressman part, even with him living in the same house. I do find the jump to VP candidate pretty shocking, also don't the VP candidates get vetted when the campaign for the nomination is in full swing?

Coys1882
10-02-2012, 10:46 PM
What I find the most shocking was that his wife was having rad nude scenes in episodes 1-3 and now NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF Showtime??

JonDuke
10-02-2012, 11:23 PM
I had heard of this show a few times but knew nothing about it at all.

2 days ago, a friend on FB suggested that anyone who liked 24, should watch Homeland. I was a huge 24 fan, so I jumped all over it and watched the entire 13 episodes since yesterday afternoon.

I mistakingly assumed it would be a format similar to 24, with each season being a different scenario. For that reason, I was upset when I watched the finale (I thought things would turn out much differently) but still absolutely love this show!

I knew nothing of the cast, and at first thought Jess was Alyssa Milano. Wasn't disappointed to find out it wasn't her. She is incredibly easy on the eyes. I love a chick that can pull off short hair, and just wish she wore it like this in the show.

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss112/jondutkiewicz/MorenaBaccarinTVGuideMagazine2010HotJMTd47JjadNl.j pg

Love what I've seen so far, and am excited about the rest of this season, but honestly can't see it having much staying power for more than another season or 2. They can only drag on the current plot for so long. Hope I'm wrong.

MrMastodonFarm
10-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Love what I've seen so far, and am excited about the rest of this season, but honestly can't see it having much staying power for more than another season or 2. They can only drag on the current plot for so long. Hope I'm wrong.

It's Showtime, so have no fear, they will drag it on as long as possible. Showtime let Weeds and Dexter drag on when both should have been 3-5 seasons.

BlackRedGold25
10-03-2012, 08:24 AM
I knew nothing of the cast, and at first thought Jess was Alyssa Milano. Wasn't disappointed to find out it wasn't her. She is incredibly easy on the eyes. I love a chick that can pull off short hair, and just wish she wore it like this in the show.

Disagree completely. She looks MUCH better with dark hair. That blond hair does not flatter her at all.

Who knows where they take the plot and what turns they take to get there. I predict Brody (why does his wife call him by his last name? It sounds bizarre) will become VP next season and that season will be about an assassination attempt on that President which will be successful in the season finale. Then the fourth season will be about what happens when Brody is President.

Flames Draft Watcher
10-03-2012, 04:10 PM
why does his wife call him by his last name? It sounds bizarre

Hah. I forget his first name was different.

HPLovecraft
10-05-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm only on episode 4, but, man, is Jessica a bitch or what? He's been back a total of, what, 2 months at this point, after being tortured in a Middle-Eastern dungeon for eight freakin' years, and you're upset he can't #### you, and use that as one of the reasons to threaten to divorce the man?! You'd think she'd have gotten her fill of that from his best friend while he was away and could hold out a little while longer.

rabenson000
10-05-2012, 07:32 PM
This is a spoiler Don't press play if you haven't seen the first season:)

-xtJ5lLkW70

MrMastodonFarm
10-07-2012, 11:31 PM
Oooooo snap

Flames0910
10-08-2012, 12:55 AM
Loved the ending. 2x03 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyf2Y7KEahM) looks to be pretty intense.

MrMastodonFarm
10-08-2012, 07:13 AM
Really like how they haven't #####-footed around Brody being discovered for 6+ seasons (see, Dexter).

theinfinitejar
10-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Ho Lee ####! Can't believe they went there in episode 2! The writers of this show must write standing up, otherwise they'd sit on their colossal balls.

3 Justin 3
10-08-2012, 06:18 PM
What an ending! Seems like something they would leave for a season cliffhanger, but no it is the episode 2 cliffhanger!

This season is going to be gooooooood.

Also, the whole sequence of Carrie on the run getting those documents was shot really well with no music (which made it even better).

This show deserves all the praise it gets, its a shame almost no one knows about it that I talk to, because in my opinion it is THE best show on television now (even better than Game of Thrones).

MrMastodonFarm
10-08-2012, 08:14 PM
This show deserves all the praise it gets, its a shame almost no one knows about it that I talk to, because in my opinion it is THE best show on television now (even better than Game of Thrones).

No one really knew about Breaking Bad and Mad Men until recently either. These shows seem to need 3-4 seasons to really build a big audience.

As for best show on TV, it's certainly in the discussion no doubt.

Rerun
10-09-2012, 08:24 AM
I like the show but there are definitely some things that stretch into the unbelievable.

Doesn't anybody find it a little bit unbelievable that Abu Nazir would have the combination to the private office safe of David Estes, the Director of the CIA's Counterterrorism Center?

YYC in LAX
10-10-2012, 04:00 PM
So uhhh the Flames got a shout out. That was pretty cool.

Regarding the cliffhanger ending of the last episode; so that puts eyes back on Brody and gives Claire more respect, but is that video enough to arrest Brody or is that essentially circumstantial evidence?

Kind of like when the FBI knows Tony Soprano is a mob boss but doesn't have any hard evidence against him.

Really excited to see how it picks up this Sunday.

zamler
10-10-2012, 06:10 PM
I have a feeling the video will not be the smoking gun, it will only raise suspicion of Brody and won't be enough to validate Carrie and get her reinstated. The Calgary Flames shout out was cool.

boosterjuice
10-14-2012, 08:22 PM
looking forward to episode tonight. hopefully a torrent comes available.

3 Justin 3
10-14-2012, 08:28 PM
looking forward to episode tonight. hopefully a torrent comes available.

Tis a shame it is only on SuperChannel in Canada.

I love this show, but I'm not forking over $15+ a month to get the channel for it.

nfotiu
10-14-2012, 09:17 PM

I love this show, but I'm not forking over $15+ a month to get the channel for it.

So just let everyone else pay for it so you can steal it. Nice.

If everyone thought like that, there'd be no pay tv, and all we'd get is the crap on network tv.

3 Justin 3
10-14-2012, 10:30 PM
So just let everyone else pay for it so you can steal it. Nice.

If everyone thought like that, there'd be no pay tv, and all we'd get is the crap on network tv.

Yes good for me.

VANFLAMESFAN
10-14-2012, 10:45 PM

Superchannel also has Sons of Anarchy and Boss. Outside of those three shows, I rarely use those channels.

VANFLAMESFAN
10-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Claire Danes was great in tonight's episode.

Solid episode tonight.

I also now know how to jack a car without a jack, thank you Damian Lewis.

zamler
10-14-2012, 11:33 PM
I think I was wrong. Great episode, awesome!

nik-
10-15-2012, 12:29 AM
I started the episode pretty mad because I thought they were pulling some Deus Ex Machina bull#### with that smart card. I should know to trust these writers by now.

Pretty good episode, needed some Morena Baccarin love scene action though :(

Mike F
10-15-2012, 07:07 PM
My favorite line in a while (from a reviewer):

Things quality cable dramas have taught us: ladies, if you think your husband is concealing an affair, relax. He’s probably just a meth dealer or a terrorist.

theinfinitejar
10-15-2012, 07:09 PM
I started the episode pretty mad because I thought they were pulling some Deus Ex Machina bull#### with that smart card. :(

Almost any other show and I would have lost it there, but I trust these writers enough that I waited to see what would happen. I wonder if the other SD card had a copy on it to make the guy think they had the video?

Also, I think Claire Daines may have locked up another Emmy tonight. The scene where she goes home is freaking amazing

VANFLAMESFAN
10-16-2012, 01:20 AM
Can I ask what "Deus Ex Machina bull###" is?

oilyfan
10-16-2012, 06:28 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_ex_machina

A deus ex machina Latin: "god from the machine"; plural: dei ex machina) is a plot device whereby a seemingly unsolvable problem is suddenly and abruptly solved with the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability, or object. It can be roughly translated as "God made it happen," with no further explanation, and, depending on usage, is primarily used to move the story forward when the writer has "painted himself into a corner" and sees no other way out.

nik-
10-16-2012, 07:25 AM

specifically the airport security going straight for the flash card like a heat seeking missile.

Meelapo
10-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Just watched the first episode of season 2. How awesome was it that they mentioned Calgary and the Flames?!

theinfinitejar
10-17-2012, 12:12 AM
specifically the airport security going straight for the flash card like a heat seeking missile.

More so if Saul hadn't made a copy of it. They knew the CIA took it, and they knew Saul was CIA, so it would make sense that they would come looking for it.

skudr248
10-17-2012, 04:05 PM
"you live in Calgary... you follow the flames" lol

Thor
10-18-2012, 08:17 AM
I also just started watching this 2 weeks ago under constant pushing from a friend, boy am I glad she did, this series is outstanding!

megatron
10-18-2012, 12:00 PM
After hearing it won best drama at the Emmy's and Claire Danes won, I started watching as well.

I just finished season 1 and it was really good. Have to get caught up on season 2 now.

LGA
10-21-2012, 10:42 PM
The ending of this last episode and the preview for the next one...damn you Homeland, you keep doing this to me. Why is it not next week right now!?

3 Justin 3
10-21-2012, 11:12 PM
The ending of this last episode and the preview for the next one...damn you Homeland, you keep doing this to me. Why is it not next week right now!?

It's like that every week though.

A part of me wants to wait the 8 weeks until all the episodes have aired so I can watch them all back-to-back on a Sunday.

I don't think one human can possess that much self-control though.

zamler
10-22-2012, 12:12 AM
Only a comma will prevent me from watching Homeland.

nik-
10-22-2012, 01:16 AM
Holy ####tttttttttttt

Young-Sneezy
10-22-2012, 01:50 AM
i thought she was just going to go bang him. BAZINGA!!!

I wonder how saul will react to her going off the script

i would have to rank this one probably the best of the season so far.

rabenson000
10-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Homeland has been renewed for a third season

Mike F
10-22-2012, 08:56 PM
You have to hand it to the writers. Any show content on cliche or resting on its laural would have made "Will Brody be Discovered?" or "The Surveillance of Brody" season long arcs; here, they're single episodes.

Meelapo
10-22-2012, 09:28 PM
With the way things are going I hope the can sustain the pace they're going at with 8 or so episodes to go. Every show ends in a season finale like way. What an awesome show!

Coys1882
10-23-2012, 10:13 AM
Anyone else enjoying the Dana Brody storyline or character? She's a great young actress and I'm going to be feel real bad for her when her world gets crushed.

nik-
10-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Anyone else enjoying the Dana Brody storyline or character? She's a great young actress and I'm going to be feel real bad for her when her world gets crushed.

Yeah, usually I hate the kids in these shows, but she's not bad because she's quiet, intelligent and not all emotional and full of angst live kids in shows usually are.

MrMastodonFarm
10-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Thought that was going to last the entire season... Great episode. Kerry going off script and going for it was amazing.

scotty2hotty
10-23-2012, 02:52 PM

Haha, funny you should say that. My wife and I roll our eyes every time she's on screen because we find her so annoying.

Acey
10-23-2012, 06:07 PM
She'd be fine in any show that wasn't as brilliant as Homeland. The whole teen love triangles is horribly weak compared to the main goings-on.

skudr248
10-23-2012, 06:33 PM
dana is hot as hell, your wife's just jealous haha

3 Justin 3
10-23-2012, 06:58 PM
You have to hand it to the writers. Any show content on cliche or resting on its laural would have made "Will Brody be Discovered?" or "The Surveillance of Brody" season long arcs; here, they're single episodes.

With the way things are going I hope the can sustain the pace they're going at with 8 or so episodes to go. Every show ends in a season finale like way. What an awesome show!

This is why I loved the first season so much. It wasn't quite like is has been for season 2, but they follow almost no cliches and that is why the show is so great.

When season 1 ended I had no idea how they could bring it back for a second season, now it is coming back for a 3rd season (which I'm super happy about) and I have no idea how they can even get to a third season. We're 4 episodes in and all hell has broken lose for Brody.

If this season continues to keep the same pace I think this season will go down as one of the best seasons of television ever.

nik-
10-24-2012, 01:25 AM
When season 1 ended I had no idea how they could bring it back for a second season,

Really?

KTrain
10-24-2012, 07:40 AM
Really?

I felt the same way. It wasn't a "they shouldn't bring it back" feeling, it's a how the hell are going to bring these characters back after everything they've been through the first season and make it just as good.

They've done a great job so far.

Reanimate
10-24-2012, 11:10 AM
I felt an honest feeling of redemption for Claire Dane's character when she found out the truth about Brody this season. That is how strong the writing is.

YYC in LAX
10-24-2012, 01:17 PM
dana is hot as hell, your wife's just jealous haha

You realize that Dana is the daughter, yes? And she's probably 18 years old in real life AT BEST.

Hey if you're under 18, my bad.

MrMastodonFarm
10-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Just checked, 18 in two days. Happy Birthday Morgan Saylor.

boosterjuice
10-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Homeland is quickly becoming they best show on television.

Displaced Flames fan
10-24-2012, 07:23 PM
What series has the balls to bring its main focus to a "final" conclusion in the first three episodes of the second season? Watching this last episode I was thinking....now what are they going to do? Then I was thinking, I can't wait to find out.

The only other show that has done something like this is Twin Peaks. I have a feeling this is going to turn out much better.

VANFLAMESFAN
10-28-2012, 10:26 PM
Another awesome episode.

Some powerful stuff in the interrogation room.

nik-
10-29-2012, 01:38 AM
I actually thought the show took a pretty major turn towards the cliche'd tonight and it worries me a bit. The whole double agent and Dana event is a little sketchy.

VANFLAMESFAN
10-29-2012, 10:20 AM
I actually thought the show took a pretty major turn towards the cliche'd tonight and it worries me a bit. The whole double agent and Dana event is a little sketchy.

Dana event was a bit much and unnecessary, but I liked the Brody turn last night. Interested to see how it plays out.

3 Justin 3
10-29-2012, 05:58 PM
While I agree the Brody turn is a bit cliche'd, I'm sure the writers have some good stuff planned to end the season and going into season 3.

MrMastodonFarm
10-29-2012, 06:59 PM

The Dana event was totally obvious. It was obvious to me, a guy who usually is pretty stupid when predicting where tv shows will go.

Good episode though, a bit too obvious a turn at this point but I doubt they've shot their wad in 1 1/2 seasons.

Mike F
10-29-2012, 08:51 PM
By the Dana incident, are we thinking it's just a twist to add a side plot with Dana and Finn in trouble, or are we thinking the victim was Brody's handler Roya Hammad?

http://www.sho.com/site/image-bin/images/804_2_3361460/804_2_3361460_eps02_444x250.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/KaptinGimpy/HitnRunVictim.jpg

nik-
10-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Hard to tell, I'm not sure what it does making her the victim though.

JonDuke
10-29-2012, 09:19 PM
By the Dana incident, are we thinking it's just a twist to add a side plot with Dana and Finn in trouble, or are we thinking the victim was Brody's handler Roya Hammad?

From the looks of next weeks preview, I don't think the girl they hit was Roya.

I liked the episode but felt cheated by how obvious the Dana/Finn moment was in an otherwise twisting show that usually does the opposite of what you think it will.

Nonetheless, I'm still excited to see where they take it, but hope they don't spend too much time with the "we hit someone and have to keep it secret" story.

Meelapo
10-29-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm also not too impressed with the generic/cliche'd approach the show has now taken. I liked it because it was a twist on terrorist themed TV shows. Now it's the same as all the rest.

MrMastodonFarm
10-29-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm also not too impressed with the generic/cliche'd approach the show has now taken. I liked it because it was a twist on terrorist themed TV shows. Now it's the same as all the rest.

They basically turned the entire genre on it's head last week and now this week it's back to normal?

Nah, don't buy it.

Mike F
10-29-2012, 10:12 PM
They basically turned the entire genre on it's head last week and now this week it's back to normal?

Nah, don't buy it.
I do worry that they boxed themselves into a cliche as they now have to try to find a way to keep Brody around long term, but the writers have earned themselves a tonne of slack with the story thus far. I'm not writing them off after half an episode seeming to have taken a wrong turn.

sergei_makarov
11-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Another awesome episode with the scene in the tailor shop completely unexpected for me at least.

My favorite show on TV right now by far.

zamler
11-04-2012, 10:47 PM
wow

Displaced Flames fan
11-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Another awesome episode with the scene in the tailor shop completely unexpected for me at least.

My favorite show on TV right now by far.
NSFW

0cmqwbZa6_w&feature=fvwrel

nik-
11-05-2012, 09:43 PM
NSFW

0cmqwbZa6_w&feature=fvwrel

Nuke/Dirty Bomb would be what they're hinting at I would guess.

zamler
11-05-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm probably more forgiving than most when it comes to suspending disbelief, and letting plot holes and inconsistencies slide. But the more I think about the last episode, the more stupid the CIA looks. They bungled everything, and Carrie sobbing and running to Brody was just too much. Plus lately Saul Berenson doesn't do much of anything.

Still can't wait for the next episode, damn you Homeland.

Hells Bells
11-05-2012, 10:53 PM
I'm probably more forgiving than most when it comes to suspending disbelief, and letting plot holes and inconsistencies slide. But the more I think about the last episode, the more stupid the CIA looks. They bungled everything, and Carrie sobbing and running to Brody was just too much. Plus lately Saul Berenson doesn't do much of anything.

Still can't wait for the next episode, damn you Homeland.

That is Carrie.

I would've found it unbelievable if she hadn't run to him crying.

Mike F
11-05-2012, 10:57 PM
The show was so refreshing through the first season and first couple of episodes of season 2, but is starting to have an overly familiar feel.

Claire Danes sobbing is overly familiar for this series, seemingly happening every other episode.

The terrorist swat team gunning down a squad of CIA agents and stealing away with an ominous case is overly familiar for 24 watchers, as is the "Kids in Trouble" sub-plot and I'm half expecting to see a scene with Dana fleeing a cougar.

But like Zamler, I still can't wait for next Sunday.

Bunk
11-05-2012, 11:10 PM
The last episode did have the feel of 24 to me for some reason. Nevertheless, the show is excellent.

zamler
11-05-2012, 11:19 PM
That is Carrie.

I would've found it unbelievable if she hadn't run to him crying.
The fact that she is allowed to is what bothers me. It is highly unlikely that they would have let Brody walk free again, covert op or not. This is a man that tried to blow up a room full of politicians, the suspicious meter should be off the scale for everything involving him. They go to the tailor shop horribly unprepared, their best lead and they don't even take anything beyond basic safety steps. Talk about a convenient plot point. There is simply no way the agency would take any chances and allow themselves to be so easily gunned down in cold blood.

But still opened minded about the show, I will watch it for the acting alone it is brilliant. BTW, the events again point to there being a mole in the CIA.

sergei_makarov
11-05-2012, 11:23 PM
EDIT - wrong thread

scotty2hotty
11-12-2012, 03:46 PM
After a couple of let downs, I thought last night's episode was the worst of the series so far.

I'm worried that this show's best days are behind it. Hope I'm overreacting.

nik-
11-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Yeah ... I'm a little concerned too. Hopefully they're going to start to minimize this Car accident thing and not have Dana be all angsty. The repeated showing of Quinn popping pills had me rolling my eyes too. Oh man ... he came back too soon and now he's hooked on Oxys ... he's a liability now!

I personally think the double agent thing is weak and cliched, I'm curious as to how they're going to resolve it. Other than those complaints, Lewis and Danes are still killing it ... I think I'd watch them in anything, so I'm sticking around for sure.

Mike F
11-12-2012, 05:28 PM
This whole season seems to be about putting Brody in personal conflict - they pull him away from Abu Nazir but have him still having to act as a conspirator. At the same time, they're creating tensions in his relationship with the CIA, with Brody feeling played and now pissed because they've stepped into his family life and created strife with his daughter.

From a classic terrorists vs. CIA show perspective, it's a bit convoluted, but as a show about characters, it's still top notch in my book.

zamler
11-13-2012, 08:55 PM
I hate to say it, but this show has turned to crap. We got absolutely no explanation for the colossal failures involving the tailor shop search. And Saul continues to be a complete moron, worse is they didn't bother to even do a name check, just bust down the door only to find out the guy is not who they had hoped? Really? Is the CIA and FBI living in the dark ages, no computers? They could have Googled the guys name for cripes sake.

nik-
11-19-2012, 10:18 PM
That might have been a jump the shark moment at the end of the episode.

I mean really? The Osama figure of the show can suddenly sneak into the country by shaving his beard off?

Me is worried.

zamler
11-19-2012, 10:31 PM
The last two episodes have been bad, really bad. I can't get over how stupid they make the various agencies and their agents look. Everyone is either damaged, stupid, out of control, or a combination. Really the show has turned into a twisted love story.

And apparently flying a helicopter can be done completely undetected and untraceable.

East Coast Flame
11-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Man, looks like I caught up at the wrong time. Cruised through all the episodes in about a week to find out the show sucks now. Bummer.

Caged Great
11-20-2012, 04:00 PM
We'll see where it's going. Does seem a little weak writing wise.

VANFLAMESFAN
11-20-2012, 06:34 PM
That might have been a jump the shark moment at the end of the episode.

I mean really? The Osama figure of the show can suddenly sneak into the country by shaving his beard off?

Me is worried.

At least give them a chance to explain how it was possible next episode. But yeah, it did scream out as pretty silly when I saw it.

"Hello Nicholas."

1stLand
11-20-2012, 10:19 PM
I hope the CIA isnt as sloppy as this in Real Life.

The CIA would have reigned in Carrie a long time ago.
She just always disobeys orders.

zamler
11-20-2012, 11:21 PM
She does, but at least she tries. David Estes doesn't seem to do anything, except look stern and always wear the exact same suit. If Brody is going to have to endure another round of painful interrogations, I may actually start to feel sorry for the guy.

3 Justin 3
11-22-2012, 12:15 PM
You guys are crazy, this show is amazing.

You guys are complaining about the CIA being too stupid in this show; in real life the head of the CIA is having an affair.

zamler
11-22-2012, 01:47 PM
And that affair is with a terrorist turned informant double agent?

J epworth
11-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Finally watching Band of Brothers for the first time, discovered that Brody is a main character, automatically assume this Winters guys is plotting to kill Eisenhower or something... Seriously though, he sure has the soldier persona down well, great acting by him in both series.

JonDuke
11-25-2012, 10:39 PM
I was afraid of where the show was going after watching the past couple of episodes but tonights definitely makes up for it. Pretty fantastic with another one of those endings that leaves you dying for next week to come quicker. Can't believe there's only 3 episodes left.

Side note: I really missed seeing more of Jess.
Love this show.

nik-
11-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Yup, pulled it out of the fire for me too. I'm glad pretty much everyone in the show reacted with the same repugnance I did to the thought of Nasir getting into the country. And topless Morena Baccarin f yeah.

zamler
11-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Great episode for sure, was nice to see Estes was not as useless as I thought he was!

d_phaneuf
11-26-2012, 02:08 AM
something is going to come up with the 'mole' from last season and this I think

it was asked two or three times tonight "how did Nazir get in the country"

it seems unlikely that one of the most wanted men in the world would sneak in the country, the show drawing attention to it so much makes me think he had help getting in and we will find out

really good episode

moon
11-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Perhaps I am not watching these shows with enough critical attention and instead am trying to enjoy them but I am always surprised at the overreactions and shock that not every little detail is explained.

Show has been great all season and don't get any of the let down that many here seemed to be feeling.

Dana is annoying and her plot line was boring but it was so small it doesn't really effect the show.

3 Justin 3
11-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Perhaps I am not watching these shows with enough critical attention and instead am trying to enjoy them but I am always surprised at the overreactions and shock that not every little detail is explained.

Show has been great all season and don't get any of the let down that many here seemed to be feeling.

Dana is annoying and her plot line was boring but it was so small it doesn't really effect the show.

You know people are going crazy when Moon is the only one in this thread making sense.

Flames Draft Watcher
11-29-2012, 05:46 PM
You know people are going crazy when Moon is the only one in this thread making sense.

It did have a lull for a couple episodes IMO but last episode was very exciting and has us back in the action.

MrMastodonFarm
11-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Saul Berenson might be my favourite character currently on tv.

VANFLAMESFAN
12-02-2012, 11:20 PM
Holy short episode Batman!!

After the opening credits and episode recap, the actual episode was only like 43 minutes long.

Thought some of the Damian Lewis scenes were poorly acted tonight. His worried look wasn't all that convincing.

Thought it was a good episode tonight. Not at all timer or anything, but the story continues to move at a good pace and this Estes/Quinn side plot is intriguing.

nik-
12-03-2012, 12:54 AM
While I enjoyed the episode, that was some seriously cartoony ####. Interesting to see where this goes assuming that Walden is in fact dead.

zamler
12-03-2012, 06:12 AM
So is Estes a mole? He is either going to end up helping Nazir, or has simply decided he's had enough of Saul and Carrie and is doing things his way. But that really doesn't explain why he has put up with Saul for all this time, then blows a gasket and tells Saul to go eff himself.

I also thought the acting was bad in a few places, but still, highly entertaining, damn they just had to end it right when Carrie walks through that door.

JonDuke
12-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Thought it was a decent episode. The part with Carrie and Nassir was intense. His speech was solid.

I missed something in the Estes thing. I get that he's probably a mole, but feel like I missed something there with his relation to both Quinn and Walden.

Also, Brody's sole motivation for killing the VP was to revenge the death of Isa (sic?), so now that he has taken care of that, what further motivation does he have to go forward? I can't believe there's only 2 episodes left

nickerjones
12-06-2012, 01:20 AM
Im halfway through season 2.. Show is awesome. Is it me or the face Carrie makes when she is frustrated or upset ( for example when she was mad and started to cry in Brodys office after gettysburg) really creep you out. She just doesnt look normal? Sort of like this..
http://d.pr/i/D2RC

Maybe its just me... Gives me the heebies. There has been plenty of other times.

MrMastodonFarm
12-06-2012, 07:08 AM
Im halfway through season 2.. Show is awesome. Is it me or the face Carrie makes when she is frustrated or upset ( for example when she was mad and started to cry in Brodys office after gettysburg) really creep you out. She just doesnt look normal? Sort of like this..
http://d.pr/i/D2RC

Maybe its just me... Gives me the heebies. There has been plenty of other times.

She has one of the ugliest cry faces I've ever seen.

Coys1882
12-06-2012, 08:47 AM
I think it's brilliant that she let's herself get filmed looking so natural all the time.

3 Justin 3
12-06-2012, 04:49 PM
My and friend and I always talk about Carrie's crying/mad face.

Quite possibly the most disturbing thing every seen.

East Coast Flame
12-08-2012, 03:14 PM
That was an awful episode. The acting was atrocious and the whole "do you swear"? "I super-duper swear" thing was ridiculous.

The Claire Danes Cry Face Project:

http://clairedanescryface.tumblr.com/

zamler
12-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Well that ended with a whimper.

VANFLAMESFAN
12-09-2012, 10:18 PM
^^Still one more to go. There's a couple more twists to come.

d_phaneuf
12-10-2012, 01:02 AM
"do people call you the bear"

"I ******* hope not"

is the best line on television this year

moon
12-10-2012, 11:32 PM
I can only remember Mandy Patkin from Criminal Minds and Homeland but he does play that smarter than you/don't give an f about you character well. It got annoying in Criminal Minds but is great here. That line as awesome and his story line seems almost more interesting/believable for a season 3.

I just don't see (or maybe dont want to see) how they carry a Brody/Cary plotline into another season.

3 Justin 3
12-10-2012, 11:38 PM
I haven't seen episode 11 yet, going to wait so I can watch it with episode 12 next week, but I agree with Moon on the Brody/Carrie plot line.

It seems played out already, I like the dynamic between the characters, but there is nothing really new they are doing. It's always "Brody hates her, then they make up and f*** like monkeys".

Also, Mandy Patkin does an amazing job in this show, he has easily started to steal the show away from the other plot lines.

nik-
12-11-2012, 12:02 AM
I can only remember Mandy Patkin from Criminal Minds and Homeland

Uhhh

http://timscogitorium.com/tinblog/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Inigo-Montoya-Sword.png

moon
12-11-2012, 12:08 AM
Good call.

Long time since I have watched that movie.

LOL

nik-
12-11-2012, 12:15 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/31667538.jpg

getbak
12-11-2012, 12:50 AM
Patinkin doesn't tend to go beyond two seasons on tv series.

This is his fourth tv series, and he has never been a series regular beyond the second season. It will be interesting to see if he continues that trend here.

Coys1882
12-11-2012, 08:27 AM
The only way I can see this show progressing now is that Brody had agreed to take the reigns from Nazir. The time they spent together could have all been a plan to get the CIA to relax - including letting them 'foil' their attempt at blowing up the people welcoming the troops back.

TopChed
12-11-2012, 05:37 PM
This show is becoming like Lost to me. I don't particularly like it, I don't really like any of the characters, and all of the logical gaps bother me while I watch it. But I've come too far to quit now.

getbak
12-12-2012, 01:21 AM
Well, this is discouraging: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/12/09/homeland-death-season-finale-exclusive/

It's the kind of smell-your-own-farts interview you hate to read from a show runner.

But the reason we wanted Walden and Nazir both dead is we wanted to open the possibility that Brody and Carrie could have a happy ending, that their doomed romance was not doomed after all. The only way to make that happen was to off these two antagonists.

Ugh. The Carrie-Brody "romance" is the worst part of the show.

VANFLAMESFAN
12-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Last 20 minutes were pretty damn awesome. PVR cut off at the hour mark. Gonna have to record the replay and see the final couple minutes.

TurnedTheCorner
12-16-2012, 09:29 PM
I haven't watched any of the episodes this season - I made it through season one on a weekend, I imagine I will do the same here. Hope it's good.

nik-
12-17-2012, 12:41 AM
This season has had a lot of duds, but that episode was fantastic. Great Carrie and Brodie scenes, great Saul scenes. There were a couple of unrealistic things done to serve the story, but that was entertaining.

So ...

Has Brodie remained loyal to Nazir this whole time or what? It's the rumour out there, and it has a lot more validity after today.

zamler
12-17-2012, 12:53 AM
Just when I thought the show could not get any worse, they go and totally redeem themselves.

Has Brodie remained loyal to Nazir this whole time or what? It's the rumour out there, and it has a lot more validity after today.
It would make sense. But Brody seems so genuine, and different. If he is still loyal to Nazir, the man has icewater in his veins, and is truly a monster. That would mean he played Carrie with incredibly mastery, even getting her to help Brody get out of the country.

VANFLAMESFAN
12-17-2012, 01:18 AM
Alright, I'm an idiot and forgot to actually hit record on the replay, so I ended up missing the last few minutes on the PVR.

The last thing I saw was

was Brody and Carrie getting out of the car and Brody saying "you're not coming with me, are you?"

the next replay isn't until Tuesday night and I don't wanna wait that long. Did I miss anything big after?

d_phaneuf
12-17-2012, 01:18 AM
Great finale

I think it was smart the way they dealt with the Brody issue, he can't stay in the forefront of the show but he's always going to be an option down the road

Saul 'The Bear' Berensen was fantastic this episode

d_phaneuf
12-17-2012, 01:21 AM
Alright, I'm an idiot and forgot to actually hit record on the replay, so I ended up missing the last few minutes on the PVR.

The last thing I saw was

was Brody and Carrie getting out of the car and Brody saying "you're not coming with me, are you?"

the next replay isn't until Tuesday night and I don't wanna wait that long. Did I miss anything big after?

They talk for a minute, she says she is going to clear his name and basically this is goodbye for now, not goodbye forever

he walks in to the forest

cut to Saul standing in a room with all of the victims of the explosion covered in sheets, he mentions to someone to check that the C4 matches the C4 they recovered when they arrested Roya and her crew

then Saul starts a Jewish prayer to himself, Carrie walks in and says "Saul" a few times (lighter and then louder, making it seem like Saul thinks he might just be imagining it), then he turns around, sees her and smiles

d_phaneuf
12-17-2012, 01:26 AM
Leaves open the option that Brody was in on it and this was the plan all along

tons of things in the episode pointing to it

Young-Sneezy
12-17-2012, 02:13 AM
i was really hoping for one of two endings to this:

1. Just as Carrie and Brody were saying goodbye, he looks at her and says something to the tune of "you're a ####ing idiot, haha, look at how you bought into my ####" cracks her over the head with the butt end of a gun, and runs off.

2. Carrie and Brody say goodbye, he walks away, and as she stands there Quinn comes out of the bushes (as he is a stalking master) and caps Brody like a baws.

neither of these happened... thats ok, I thought it was a solid ending to this season, and leaves lots of room open, which is nice.

Flames0910
12-17-2012, 08:32 PM
IDK, I think we followed Brody's character too closely when he went to the memorial. We watched him park, saw him walk the wife in, take a seat, and then sneak away with Carrie.

Remember when he had the suicide vest, the guy was a complete nervous wreck and Dana knew something was wrong.

When was he supposed to move his car?

And then the leak of his video? Seems like he was set up to me.

moon
12-17-2012, 08:47 PM
I know the US intelligence community has had some issues in real life but in this show they seem to be the dumbest folks around.

They basically are at the mercy of a schziophrenic analyst and even then had the VP killed as well as the CIA director and a ton of VIPs.

The black OP guy sees Brody praying as a Muslim and still thinks that he is a good guy and good to stay alive just because some girl is in love with him?

I like the show but it was much better in the first season when Brody was an unknown and under suspicision but not enough to act on him. Now that it is clear what he was and they let him stroll around like nothing and still have insane access to important people it gets frustrating.

I will stick with the show to see where it goes because they have done so much good with the show but they are getting mighty close to the unbelievable.

nik-
12-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Well Quinn knew he was involved in a terrorist plot with a vest bomb, so I'm not sure how seeing him praying is any worse. The only thing that really bothered me is that there's no way they'd let a car be moved that close to so many VIP's.

corporatejay
12-17-2012, 09:28 PM
Just when I thought the show could not get any worse, they go and totally redeem themselves.

It would make sense. But Brody seems so genuine, and different. If he is still loyal to Nazir, the man has icewater in his veins, and is truly a monster. That would mean he played Carrie with incredibly mastery, even getting her to help Brody get out of the country.

If this is true the creators are lazy and cheap. You can't withhold information from the audience and then have a "gotcha" moment. That's garbage.

moon
12-17-2012, 11:06 PM
Well Quinn knew he was involved in a terrorist plot with a vest bomb, so I'm not sure how seeing him praying is any worse. The only thing that really bothered me is that there's no way they'd let a car be moved that close to so many VIP's.

The seeing him pray to me would indicate that he still was under the brainwashing he experienced while captive.

But I do wonder who would have access to the CIA to move the car and how security wouldn't have wondered what the hell a car was doing parked there.I may be mistaken but this wasn't at some random funeral home with no security monitoring the going ons.

VladtheImpaler
12-18-2012, 12:16 AM
... Not to mention, there would be video surveillance all over the place...

Flames Draft Watcher
12-19-2012, 05:50 PM
The seeing him pray to me would indicate that he still was under the brainwashing he experienced while captive.

He has never wavered in his Islam faith in the entirety of the show.

He has however wavered in helping Abu Nasir kill innocents to revenge the death of children by US drones.

You have to be able to separate the two. Assuming that he's "brainwashed" because he is still follows Islam isn't particularly fair. His religion and his terrorist potential are not the same thing.

Table 5
12-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Anyone else notice the Tim Hortons product placement in the last few episodes? Every time they are having coffee, it's Tims.

smoothpops
12-23-2012, 04:10 PM
If this is true the creators are lazy and cheap. You can't withhold information from the audience and then have a "gotcha" moment. That's garbage.

Never watch the show, "Damages". That show did that pretty much for every season finale. It was brutal.

The thing i like about "homeland" despite it's plot holes and the mistakes the CIA makes, I never know what's going to happen next. The show is trying things that no other show has attempted, so we have to realize its not always going to be a smooth ride.

LGA
12-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Just got caught up. I would absolutely love it if it turned out Brody was loyal to Nazir and he had just completely played everyone.

VANFLAMESFAN
07-29-2013, 07:13 PM
Teaser trailer for Season 3. Key word here is teaser as they give us nothing.

ArjvJeI8NgU

fundmark19
07-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Wow we marathoned first two seasons this weekend. Good show it will be quite interesting how the go forward though and if it will be any good since everyone is killed off

d_phaneuf
08-09-2013, 11:59 AM
iXOUIsu-E0Q

Coys1882
08-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Good to see Quinn is back - next to Saul was easily my favourite character on the show.

getbak
08-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Still frame of the notebook:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18wib8f88bfbfpng/ku-bigpic.png

"You killed my son - prepare to die."

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n527/The44thHour/InigoMontoya.gif

nik-
08-10-2013, 01:09 AM
I'm really excited ... but also a little scared. Homeland came precariously close to going off the rails last season, but that trailer makes it look like there's a lot of awesome next year.

Acey
08-12-2013, 01:23 PM
It's not Homeland unless Claire is making hilarious faces. That trailer is no exception. Looks solid though, hopefully they can bring back some of the season 1 magic.

Mike F
09-02-2013, 05:58 PM
The first episode of Season 3 is out in the wild.

It doesn't start with much of a bang in terms of the main plot, but Claire Danes wastes no time getting back into character, with the first lower-lip-tremble showing up 10 minutes in, and both an irate fit and a weeping episode showing up before the credits roll.

As much as I like this show, her character really drags the enjoyment down for me.

JonDuke
09-03-2013, 12:41 PM

It doesn't start with much of a bang in terms of the main plot, but Claire Danes wastes no time getting back into character, with the first lower-lip-tremble showing up 10 minutes in, and both an irate fit and a weeping episode showing up before the credits roll.

As much as I like this show, her character really drags the enjoyment down for me.

I didn't think much of your post when I first saw it. I thought it was just vague generalization. "Out in the wild" I thought meant in the woods where she dropped him off.
Today, a buddy texted me to say Episode 1 was leaked and available online.

Now the above all makes sense to me:)
I feel dumb

oilyfan
09-03-2013, 08:45 PM

Looks to be an unfinished cut of the episode, the visual effects are missing.

Mike F
09-03-2013, 09:40 PM
I'm pretty sure they decided to try to save money by going without visual effects and just giving us written cues for when we should use our imagination.

Brannigans Law
09-03-2013, 10:58 PM
I loved season 1. Season 2, like someone else said, really came close to ruining the whole show but managed to stay someone what on track.

Crossing my fingers season 3 is better... the problem is, as my Dad said after watching the 1st season on netflix... what else is there? I don't know what the lifespan of a show like this can be.

Acey
09-03-2013, 11:02 PM
Depends on how long they're signed on for, more than anything else. Didn't think Dexter would stretch out of for 8 seasons after seeing the first (fantastic) 2 seasons. They do what they gotta do.

To Be Quite Honest
09-04-2013, 02:08 AM
I'm pretty sure they decided to try to save money by going without visual effects and just giving us written cues for when we should use our imagination.

They are trying a new approach to rebuild television viewers brains. Instead of showing you everything, you'll have to imagine some of it. Thus rebuilding neural pathways and creating more folds in the brain... Miraculous! By the end of 2021 USA will be back on the top of the smart world!

Mike F
09-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Lots of focus on Breaking Bad tonight, but don't forget that the new season of Homeland starts as well.

Brannigans Law
09-29-2013, 06:13 PM
tonight is quite the night of TV.

getbak
09-29-2013, 06:17 PM
tonight is quite the night of TV.
Yeah, two hours of Once Upon a Time. Can you believe it?

Acey
09-29-2013, 06:39 PM
I wonder if Showtime leaked the premiere a month ago on purpose to create buzz, knowing the premiere had to go up against the Breaking Bad finale.

VANFLAMESFAN
09-29-2013, 10:52 PM
Did I miss something? Did Dana attempt suicide last season or are we just being led to believe it happened in between events of S2 and S3?

I don't remember that last season but I could be wrong.

rohara66
09-30-2013, 11:51 AM
Marathon watched season 1 and 2 over the last couple weeks, really enjoy this show. Definitely one of my favorites.

Did I miss something? Did Dana attempt suicide last season or are we just being led to believe it happened in between events of S2 and S3?

I don't remember that last season but I could be wrong.

It happened in-between season 2 and 3. They mentioned the timeline skip a couple times last night regarding how long she was in treatment and how long the bomb scene was just left as is (several weeks?).

VANFLAMESFAN
09-30-2013, 09:54 PM
Marathon watched season 1 and 2 over the last couple weeks, really enjoy this show. Definitely one of my favorites.

It happened in-between season 2 and 3. They mentioned the timeline skip a couple times last night regarding how long she was in treatment and how long the bomb scene was just left as is (several weeks?).

That's what I figured. Just making sure. Thanks.

MoneyGuy
10-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Why is this show not showing up when I search on my PVR, except for channels I don't get like in the 200s? I missed the season opener. Maybe there isn't a new episode this next week? When is it on?

RogerWilco
10-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Why is this show not showing up when I search on my PVR, except for channels I don't get like in the 200s? I missed the season opener. Maybe there isn't a new episode this next week? When is it on?
Do you have SuperChannel? If so then maybe you had the same problem as me. Only last season showed up the day after the season 3 Ep1. So I used Shaw Video On Demand Online to order the episode and it showed up in the MY ORDERS section of the DVR right after that.

Had to do the same with the 3rd season of Game of Thrones because it disappeared from the HBO section on my DVR.

rohara66
10-02-2013, 03:26 PM
Didn't show up when I searched on my shaw box either, had to manually go and find it on superchannel (which I had to add for $9/month or something stupid). Gotta remember to cancel it after this season is done.

Sainters7
10-02-2013, 03:59 PM
Been meaning to watch this show for awhile, because I hear its awesome and because I have a man-crush on Lt. Winters from Band of Brothers. Finally saw the first 2 episodes, seemed really good, but just have a question about something (in spoilers):

Is that love triangle between Brody, his buddy and his wife a constant theme going forward? Gotta admit I was a little disappointed with that whole angle, just not a fan of that element in dramas. Maybe I was expecting too much 24-style shoot-em-ups

Acey
10-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Yeah it sticks around for a bit. Not massively distracting from the overall narrative... the plot holes are the bigger issue.

MoneyGuy
10-02-2013, 10:23 PM
Do you have SuperChannel? If so then maybe you had the same problem as me. Only last season showed up the day after the season 3 Ep1. So I used Shaw Video On Demand Online to order the episode and it showed up in the MY ORDERS section of the DVR right after that.

Had to do the same with the 3rd season of Game of Thrones because it disappeared from the HBO section on my DVR.

I have Movie Central. Can I order it Homeland the same way on MC?

getbak
10-03-2013, 12:28 AM
I have Movie Central. Can I order it Homeland the same way on MC?
Movie Central and SuperChannel are two different packages. You need to subscribe to SuperChannel separately.

Shaw will usually give you a promotional price that's half the regular price for the first six months, so you could subscribe for October, November, and December and cancel after the season finale. Or, you could just subscribe for one month after the finale airs and watch them all on demand.

MoneyGuy
10-03-2013, 07:58 AM
Movie Central and SuperChannel are two different packages. You need to subscribe to SuperChannel separately.

Shaw will usually give you a promotional price that's half the regular price for the first six months, so you could subscribe for October, November, and December and cancel after the season finale. Or, you could just subscribe for one month after the finale airs and watch them all on demand.

So I'm screwed? A show is aired then is withdrawn from my cable package so I have to subscribe to a different package if I'm to continue watching. Where is that gear-grinder thread?

Table 5
10-03-2013, 08:13 AM
A solid first episode. Glad to see the poopy-diaper face is still going strong.