PDA

View Full Version : Homeland

Pages : 1 2 [3]

nik-
03-18-2018, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I'm full blown loving this season. Pseudo Cold War cloak and dagger ####? Yes please.

Also, bonus Oleg from The Americans!

Manhattanboy
03-28-2018, 01:22 PM
Ok so the last two episodes have been pretty good - will be interesting to see what Saul does now.

Still tired of the constant Carrie crashes/Carrie goes to war with her sister nonsense.

Manhattanboy
03-28-2018, 01:25 PM
I just found out that the actor who plays Saul was Montoya in The Princess Bride, and my mind is forever blown.

He was awesome as the narcissistic heart surgeon on Chicago Hope.

Yamer
03-29-2018, 01:28 PM
Was ill yesterday and decided to binge watch and catch up on season 7.

Really, really good so far. Except now I'm another schmuck that has to wait each week.

Manhattanboy
04-09-2018, 12:48 PM
Getting bored with this show. Another Carrie meltdown. Big whoop.

nik-
04-09-2018, 12:50 PM
Yes. Please get rid of Carrie and continue the series.

Every scene she's in is an anchor on the show.

Strange Brew
04-20-2018, 05:50 PM
Yes. Please get rid of Carrie and continue the series.

Every scene she's in is an anchor on the show.

Yes the Carrie go round is getting quite tiresome. But she told her daughter in the last episode that “I always come back”. Maybe that’s a little ominous foreshadowing going on.

csnarpy
04-26-2018, 01:44 PM
It’s getting quite ramped up now, coincidently after Carrie gets rehabbed and kidless. I’m enjoying the Russia episode.

Strange Brew
04-30-2018, 11:28 PM
Thoughts on the season finale? Apparently they are signed up for one more season.

I enjoyed this season in total but that ending seriously dampened my enthusiasm for next season. Seems like Carrie’s mental state will be front and center.

White Out 403
12-14-2018, 03:56 PM
the last episode of homeland season 7 was so good when the plane was taking off from Moscow I literally got up and cheered

good gravy, season 7 was just great. just great.

cant wait for season 8. I love Mandy Pitinkin

d_phaneuf
12-16-2018, 10:18 AM
Ugh i saw this thread at the top and thought it may be a trailer or news on premiere!

Season 7 was great, it got back to the spy stuff from earlier seasons, probably my favorite season since 1

Cant wait for this year, expect they go out on a big high

White Out 403
12-16-2018, 12:38 PM
Ugh i saw this thread at the top and thought it may be a trailer or news on premiere!

Season 7 was great, it got back to the spy stuff from earlier seasons, probably my favorite season since 1

Cant wait for this year, expect they go out on a big high

Sorry, I'm just catching up! I stopped watching 2 episodes into season 6. Should have given it a better chance, as season 6 was pretty good. Season 7 was ####ing great tho, like you said, classic homeland.

Cecil Terwilliger
07-23-2019, 10:03 PM
I’m watching S7 after bailing after season 4 and I’m loving it so far. Just finished episode 6. Fantastic.

Strange Brew
07-23-2019, 10:29 PM
I remember liking the last season too but it has been a while. At what episode# does Carrie go off her meds in that season?

activeStick
03-08-2020, 09:52 PM
Anyone still watching? Last week's episode and tonight's episode were amazing.

csnarpy
03-09-2020, 12:59 AM
Havn't missed one. It's been a really great season. It will be interesting to see how they wrap everything up.

Also, does Sol have to fast walk everywhere, cause it cracks me up everytime he does!

cam_wmh
03-09-2020, 01:02 AM
I love this show. In the middle of S08E05 right now.

Fire
03-09-2020, 11:00 AM
I didn't realize they were still making new episodes of this show. I have to find where I left off previously

activeStick
03-09-2020, 11:06 AM
Havn't missed one. It's been a really great season. It will be interesting to see how they wrap everything up.

Also, does Sol have to fast walk everywhere, cause it cracks me up everytime he does!He's a very important man!!

d_phaneuf
03-10-2020, 02:50 AM
Anyone still watching? Last week's episode and tonight's episode were amazing.

Was a slow burn to start the season but the last few have really picked up the action

White Out 403
03-31-2020, 05:55 AM
Season 8! Finally started watching

nik-
03-31-2020, 12:48 PM
This is a very good season story wise. Claire Danes/Carrie is still the worst part of the show, so at least it's consistent. Everything else I'd put up with the first seasons, and of course Costa Ronin is awesome.

csnarpy
03-31-2020, 09:25 PM
Only 2 episodes left, this should get pretty interesting.

getbak
03-31-2020, 09:47 PM
Only 2 episodes left, this should get pretty interesting.
4 more. There are 12 episodes per season.

csnarpy
04-01-2020, 11:39 AM
4 more. There are 12 episodes per season.

Ugh, my error. For some reason I thought I heard they had a shortened final season.

Thanks for the edit.

Hockey
04-26-2020, 02:24 PM
Series finale tonight. Been a good season so far I thought.

csnarpy
04-26-2020, 06:38 PM
ya, its going to be interesting how they wrap this up. Too me this season could go much longer.

Ends with a bullet to Carrie's head? ;)

nik-
04-26-2020, 09:36 PM
meh

Coys1882
04-27-2020, 08:25 AM
I liked it.

Carrie is gonna Carrie and Saul will always use it. Nothing changes.

Yamer
04-27-2020, 04:27 PM
They stuck the landing. Great ride.

I'm game for a Saul prequel spinoff.

csnarpy
04-27-2020, 04:44 PM
That last grin from Saul was a great end to this series.

as for a spinoff....

mandypatinkin (https://www.instagram.com/mandypatinkin/)
Verified

Homeland finale tomorrow night ending? Or has it just begun?
See you tomorrow night
Mandy and Homelandhttps://www.instagram.com/p/B_aWchPlLpR/?utm_source=ig_embed

d_phaneuf
04-27-2020, 07:42 PM
That last grin from Saul was a great end to this series.

as for a spinoff....

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_aWchPlLpR/?utm_source=ig_embed

I'd love it, hes said in a bunch of interviews he would do the show forever, he loves the character

It was claire danes who didnt wanna travel away from young family for 4-5 months a year

Saul spinoff would be so easy too, could make it an anthology type series where theres a new event every type of season with a new cast of characters, saul is high up in the government, hes just always the secondary guy being in charge of the 'team's

Could let them change it up every year, different types of spy stuff, different locations etc.

getbak
04-27-2020, 07:59 PM
Since young Saul was played by Ben Savage in the flashback last week, I think the obvious spin-off is a prequel series called Spy Meets World.

White Out 403
05-02-2020, 06:22 PM
Finally watched it. They Nailed it.

What a series. 9 out of 10.

Huntingwhale
05-28-2020, 09:13 AM
Late to the party, but started watching S8 this week. My expectation were low (even though the series has been consistently good), but halfway through and it's some of the best TV right now. The scene with the team hiking out to the chopper and watching for movement on the hills through the scopes while Max did his thing was Band of Brothers-worthy. Incredible tension that episode.

Looking forward to finishing this off!

Edit - Just finished it last now. Wow! Great ending.

Just when I thought it was gonna turn super cheesy when she's out on the town with Yevgeny and the wrap up would suck, classic Carry pulls through FTW. Totally reminded me of The Americans ending. Ends up in Russia. Abandoned child. Yet done for the greater good. I could actually live with a S9, given that ending. But also good to wrap it up on a high note. Great season, great series.

Strange Brew
06-27-2020, 07:48 PM
Just finished this. Not their best season but still very entertaining, it just got a little too much 24ish there for a while which is not what this show should be.

They really nailed the finish. That was just excellent even if predictable.

All in all, that show could never live up to the first year but it has been a run of very good television. I’d be intrigued about a spinoff without Carrie.

Acey
06-28-2020, 09:04 AM
I'm binging it from the pilot right now and it's crazy how good the first season was. Really throws me back to 2011-12 with just some unreal shows at that time - peak Homeland, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Boardwalk, GoT... I was so heavily invested in TV that year.

Coys1882
06-28-2020, 09:31 AM
I'm binging it from the pilot right now and it's crazy how good the first season was. Really throws me back to 2011-12 with just some unreal shows at that time - peak Homeland, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Boardwalk, GoT... I was so heavily invested in TV that year.

There will be some blips - please tough it out. In my opinion this series really shines in the later seasons.

Acey
06-28-2020, 09:48 AM
There will be some blips - please tough it out. In my opinion this series really shines in the later seasons.

I fully intend to... 1-3 were so good for me that I just really didn't want to keep going. On an extended vacation now so I might as well binge it from the start. The last episode of 3 remains maybe in my top 3 favourite episodes of TV ever and that's a high bar for me cause I watch an absurd amount of TV. I still listen to the music from that episode from time to time, six years later.

qQQjgDzOWRM

sa226
06-28-2020, 02:25 PM
We've been binging hard for a couple months now. Just 2 episodes left in S7.

Where can you watch S8? Is it on prime or do I have to sail the high seas?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

MoneyGuy
06-28-2020, 02:41 PM
We've been binging hard for a couple months now. Just 2 episodes left in S7.

Where can you watch S8? Is it on prime or do I have to sail the high seas?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Netflix

Strange Brew
06-28-2020, 08:13 PM
The show was at its best with multiple main characters (like Brody and family) to balance out the focus on Carrie. Season 1 up there with True Detective first run, and the best of Mad Men for some of the best TV ever IMO.

Machiavelli
06-28-2020, 08:59 PM
Carrie's relationship with Saul was always a major strength of the series, and the way the show resolved their complicated tension towards the end was brilliant.

sa226
07-12-2020, 12:21 PM
Finally finished it a couple of days ago.

God damn, what a great series. Even thought there was a quality dip mid series, I still enjoyed it. For an 8 season run it pretty impressive that they can pull off a story like that and not go all Game of Thrones\Lost or whatever other show that had overstayed its welcome. Its up there with some of the best television i've watched.

People always seem to think a show lacks some credibility when they don't kill off main characters. I think sometimes it cheapens the story. Ie:They don't know what else to do so they just kill off someone. I thought that was a pretty close to perfect end to the series. As stated above the best and most complicated relationship in the show was between Saul and Carrie. Just a great way to end it.

Strange Brew
07-12-2020, 06:33 PM
It was a solid ending. The show could never match season 1, which is some of the best TV ever made IMO. That shouldn’t be a negative really.

I also feel like I’m the only person in the world that likes how Lost wrapped up.

Acey
07-13-2020, 11:21 AM
Finally finished. Strong end of the last season, though I too preferred season 1.