Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
Cactus Jack
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Ryan Wilson

I was pleasantly surprised to hear Darryl Sutter say in the pre-game last night that Ryan Wilson has been the team defenceman on the farm this year. He said that he's still ironing out bad junior habits but that he thinks he could be called up and play TODAY in the NHL. I was quite shocked to hear that considering how many teams passed on Wilson and his lack of foot speed.

Can anyone who watch the QC games comment on that?
________
350gt

Last edited by Cactus Jack; 05-15-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:49 PM   #2
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

wilson has looked good. its been tough evaluating dmen because of all the different players back there. wilson has been chipping in points which helps, he is decently physical, and doesn't make boneheaded plays in his own zone. is he the best on the team? thats a tough call. but with pelech playin like crap (maybe almost making the team messed with his head?) its an open race. i always like palin, but he doesn't contribute offensively as much so that can work against him.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:44 AM   #3
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Wilson seldom stops. He skates, he hits, he can handle the puck. The effort is there every game, which is more than I could say of 80% of our guys.

He and Armstrong have been my two favorite players to watch of late....Armstrong's puck handling skills are kinda a show of their own once he gets going.
SparkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote