Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2008, 08:48 PM   #1
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:
Default Pelech at forward

Just wanted to let all you Calgarians know that Matt Pelech played forward tonight. Not sure why, but he did really well. At first we noticed him out there on the PP. He was being a big body in front of the net. That seemed to at least make sense. But then he was takin regular shifts at I think left wing. He played with an edge! Not sure if there is any plans to do this regularly, but seemed to work well for him.

(the Flames managed to beat the always tough Chicago Wolves 2-1!)
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:11 PM   #2
Dorkmaster
First Line Centre

Exp:

Does Pelech have any offensive abilities? I guess if he can succeed there it can only bode well for the Flames since they have prospects that can play a similar game on the back end while not having much in the way of wingers for prospects.
Dorkmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:14 PM   #3
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

i think he played pretty decent. he is good at battling along the wall since he has always done that as a dman. he seemed to enjoy battling in and around the net in general. he hustled up and down the ice and played well in the neutral zone. didn't get many opportunities to make nice passes or take pretty shots. so not a good chance for a full evaluation. he certainly didn't look worse than most forwards we have out there.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:18 PM   #4
flamesrule14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

What is with Ryder? Noticed he hasn't played the last couple of games.

Good win for the baby flames tonight. Chucko gets back in the goal column with the game winner and Irving gets his 4th(or is it 5th) win in a row.
flamesrule14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:27 PM   #5
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Well that got my attention.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:29 PM   #6
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Caught the tail end on streaming audio. Irving wasn't tested a lot, but played well enough to garner first star honors. Sounds like he's settling into the pro game.

Pelech is still going to be a defenseman -- and a pretty darn decent one at that, McGill's experiment notwithstanding.

Good win against the Wolves -- usually a handful in AHL circles.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:32 PM   #7
Jetsfan
Account Removed @ User's Request

Exp:

Thanks for the update!
Jetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:34 PM   #8
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pelech hit everyone on the ice while playing foward it was cool. The wolves were scared to hold onto the puck.

I have no clue whats with ryder. But pelech did a decent job and was playing very well tonigh along with peters.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:42 PM   #9
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
Pelech hit everyone on the ice while playing foward it was cool. The wolves were scared to hold onto the puck.
McGill changes things up and lobs a curveball at a team they traditionally don't do well against, and it paid off. That's what it sounds like.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:49 AM   #10
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The Flames so dominated that game....and I think Pelech at forward was a big part of it.

It was good to see both Eriksson and Brown out there on D last night....they seem to have a calming effect. Bubba actually had a couple of great plays.

We've got a lot of centermen, so maybe that's why Ryder is sitting. The "youngsters line" (Armstrong and Wilson) did very well....I love to watch Armstrong with the puck!
SparkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote