Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Calgarypuck Hockey League
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 02:36 PM   #1
Angelino
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Kings Hire New Coach

Kings Hire Local Coach from Inglewood

Mike Keenan introduces newest Kings Coach - Jules Winnfield

Inglewood, CA - In a surprise move today, the Los Angeles Kings announced the hiring of Jules Winnfield as assistant coach. The move comes amid the Kings longest stretch of games and is a bit of surprise as Winnfield's highest level of hockey experience is in youth hockey. A press conference was announced by GM Sra at Staples Center in order to introduce the latest addition to the Kings coaching staff.

"Jules reputation speaks for itself. His work has been widely recognized throughout the hockey world for many years. We were just one of a number of teams to inquire into his availability. He was actually offered head coaching positions from many top teams in the CPHL and we are proud to have him in the fold." said GM Sra when asked about the hiring of a virtual unknown. "Jules is someone who is already well familiar with the area and has deep ties within the community." said GM Sra on Winnfield's affinity with Los Angeles. "He has been coaching Youth Hockey in Inglewood for years and is also a local preacher at Inglewood First Baptist. He has endeared himself to the area".

With that the focus of the press conference shifted to Coach Keenan who addressed the media. "Well we added a new member to the Kings family. Jules is someone who already has had great success at all levels both on and off the ice. We heard rumors of his amazing coaching techniques but did not really have an idea until we witnessed them firsthand. His focus is on every aspect of the game...mental, physical and spiritual. With the third youngest team in the league, Jules will bring greater accountability and instill the players with a bit of an edge to their game."

Keenan was asked about any conflicts there might be between himself and the newest Kings coach and commented by saying. "There is zero conflict between our coaching philosophies. We believe in discipline and focus on and off the ice. We also wanted to add some toughness in our mentality and play on the ice. Jules has a variety of new ideas and strategies that we will be adopting. Jules signature move, the Inglewood Jack, is a strategy we will be employing as soon as possible."

And with that the newest member of the coaching staff took the podium to answer questions from the media. Dressed in a clean and simple black suit Jules Winnfield took the podium. Staring out at the media with a menacing and piercing glare he broke the silence. "Do you b*tches have a question for me?". The room was silent and aghast. Minutes passed without a question, whereupon Jules broke the silence once more. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee...".

And with that he left as he had entered, with his head held high and a quiet dignity about him. The silence was broken once more as Royale's with Cheese were distributed to the media courtesy of the newest Kings coach.

Chris Chelios discusses Jules Winnfield

Notes: Winnfield will join Jonathan Girard behind the bench as an Assistant Coach to Mike Keenan. Kings family night will be different this year. All attendees will receive a Kings Patch, Kings Hat and a soda and a Royale with Cheese for free with every ticket purchased. Winnfield's hiring will not make a large dent in the Kings payroll as his only demand was payment in the form of cheeseburgers. It was rumored Jules was in heavy talks with the Penguins on Chris Chelios' recommendation. Great thanks to HalifaxDrunk for the picture!

Angelino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:38 PM   #2
Goffie
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Pens know all too well about Jules as they had him hired for a brief stint back in 05. But after he beat up 4 players and led the Pens to a last place finish he was let go.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...jules+winfield

Goffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:44 PM   #3
Angelino
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffie View Post
The Pens know all too well about Jules as they had him hired for a brief stint back in 05. But after he beat up 4 players and led the Pens to a last place finish he was let go.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...jules+winfield
Jules didnt feel like he had a fair shot last time and is looking forward to laying his vengence upon Chelios and the Pens!

Angelino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:54 PM   #4
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

What, What ain't no country I've ever heard of. Do they speak English in What? Say what one more time muthafugger, I dare you, I double dog fuggin dare you!

Best dialect ever is in that movie.
Sylvanfan is offline   Reply With Quote