Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2004, 10:30 AM   #1
sbailey924
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Big implications for the SEC East early on in the season. Tennessee is trying to make a decision on two young, talented freshmen quarterbacks while riding behind a rejuvenated power running game (REAL TN football). Florida's Chris Leak (brother of UT's CJ; Chris is also infamous here in TN because he publicly dissed our coach Phil Fulmer on an ESPN.com recruiting diary over whether or not his brother should be played) is bringing Florida's passing attack back to where it was before Steve Spurrier (Johnson City, TN native...a fellow Science Hill High School alumnus with me) left for the NFL.

Basically, during the 90's this game was IT for a Tennessean. After a short dropoff in the significance of it, the game has taken on its 90's form this year. Think the Battle of Alberta during the 80s for you Calgarians.

Also, today very well could be the highest attendance ever at Neyland Stadium (for sure over 108,000).

Watch for me (CBS 8ET), about 45 yd line, 6 rows up in the "Orange Nation" (easily recognizeable chunk of orange) part of the student section. I'm pumped (and hungover).
sbailey924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 03:17 PM   #2
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

My sis dated a huge Vols fan a few years back, he took her to the championship game in 98 (I think it was 98....) and brought me back a nice pennant. Tee Martin was the QB back then I believe. Gotta love the passion for the college game in the states.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 03:37 PM   #3
moon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

It'll be interesting to see how this game plays out. I would prefer that Tennessee would win but don't wuite trust their freshmen QB's to get it done. Although I am sure the atmosphere at the stadium will be unreal and give Tennessee a boost I think that Florida will pull it out in a close 21-17 game.
moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 04:50 PM   #4
HighFlyingDonkey
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Auburn won today, shockingly, so now the SEC begins to open up.
HighFlyingDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 09:31 PM   #5
zarrell
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ouch. Costly missed single point. Tennesse just scored with 3 1/2 minutes to go, but the extra point was wide: 28-27 Gators.

zarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 12:52 AM   #6
sbailey924
Scoring Winger

Exp:

OH MY GOD! BEST GAME I HAVE EVER BEEN TOO!

I really can't say anything else about it, it's that unbelievable to me right now.
sbailey924 is offline   Reply With Quote