Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2004, 09:05 PM   #1
jam26
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have always had an interest in coaching kids hockey. I had my share of good and bad coaches growing up and I would like to give back to the sport.
I have found it difficult to get information on how to go about getting the proper credentials and finding a team to work with, at first as an assitant.
Does anyone here coach kids hockey? How does one get started? Is there a real need for coaches within Calgary or is it hard to find a team to help out?
I have had a hard time finding the time as I have season tix to the Flames but with an 04/05 season looking more and more like a wash, this may be a good year to give it a shot.
I think it would be very rewarding to work with kids in the Atom-Bantom range where they are starting to develop a real understanding of the game but any age group would be a lot of fun.