Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2019, 01:16 PM   #4181
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
Do you find it looks like garbage on a larger screen, or do you think it would look ok on a laptop? We're going to have to stream the finale on a laptop via Crave as we're on vacation. I'm wondering if I should look for another option.

We did the laptop viewing for the last episode since we were out of town. Resolution on the smaller screen was more than adequate and never took me out of the moment.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2019, 01:22 PM   #4182
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

I came to this show sooooo late, as in didn't start watching it until around Christmas. Binged it all, then got Crave so I could watch the 7th season. Didn't have as long to wait for this 8th season as most.

I'm so attached to characters now, that I will probably end up watching Sunday's episodes through my hands cupped over my eyes, nervous about who we'll lose. I regret that I didn't start watching this early on. I'm so sad it's ending.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 01:59 PM   #4183
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

My prediction: the night king will confront Bran in the Godswood and Theon and co will attack him. He’ll brush them off and declare “No man kill me!” whereupon Bran will respond “I am no man!”, warg into a nearby direwolf and kill him.
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 02:05 PM   #4184
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Reposting this because we might be saying goodbye to one or the other, or both characters on Sunday. I'll need this to make me smile after it happens.

Some of the greatest one liners (and the odd story) in recent tv have come from these two, who are easily my favorite characters on the show, and at or near the top all time.
Here's hoping they are not quite done yet
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2019, 02:11 PM   #4185
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I just can't see them putting anything else out there besides the Hound putting his brother out of his misery.
The Mountain mortally wounds the Hound, Arya kills the Mountain.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 02:18 PM   #4186
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

I feel like Arya is going to do the Faceless thing again at some point.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2019, 02:27 PM   #4187
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
The Tormund memes out there are pretty good.
NSFW!
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 02:52 PM   #4188
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Episode 3 is going to be the biggest on-screen battle in the history of everything, ever.

You know what's coming. Do you expect there not to be some set up for it? Did you not feel the emotional build up for what's coming through the interactions, callbacks and speeches? It's making the next episode loom that much larger and have that much more impact. This is excellent storytelling IMO.

I mean... Were you hoping for every episode to be people fighting and hacking and stabbing?

I'd like to respect your opinion here, but the jumping the shark thing is way off base and untrue I think. If you're that invested, then that should've been more than watchable. They're setting up the bleak atmosphere amazingly.

I mean dude, you got a GIANT TITTY MILKING story from Tormund. In what world was that boring? What other show would provide such outlandish and unexpected dialogue?

Sorry but no. Boo this man.
Haha wow you couldn’t of missed the mark on what I enjoy out of this show more.

I generally am not a huge fan of the battle scenes. As a book reader (sorry) and a show watcher I want to see the plot pushed. We spent 2 episodes and I have not learned anything I already did not know before. In my mind that’s two wasted episodes. I could care less for lame gratifications of reunions of characters etc. I wanna see this tied up and get the story going. Two hour long episodes of fan boys and girls stroking it to seeing all their favourite characters finally meet and have their ha-ha’s just doesn’t do it for me sorry.

Last edited by Patek23; 04-26-2019 at 02:54 PM.
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 02:56 PM   #4189
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
I feel like Arya is going to do the Faceless thing again at some point.
Putting on Jaime's face to kill Cersei?

And on the subject of Jaime, one of the weird things about rewatching SE1 is seeing Jaime as a blonde again. When did they stop dying Coster-Waldau's hair?

Last edited by CliffFletcher; 04-26-2019 at 02:58 PM.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 02:58 PM   #4190
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Homer View Post
Haha wow you couldn’t of missed the mark on what I enjoy out of this show more.

I generally am not a huge fan of the battle scenes. As a book reader (sorry) and a show watcher I want to see the plot pushed. We spent 2 episodes and I have not learned anything I already did not know before. In my mind that’s two wasted episodes. I could care less for lame gratifications of reunions of characters etc. I wanna see this tied up and get the story going. Two hour long episodes of fan boys and girls stroking it to seeing all their favourite characters finally meet and have their ha-ha’s just doesn’t do it for me sorry.
Weird. So you just really want them to hurry up and get to the battle you don't enjoy watching, just so they can probably go to Kings Landing to another battle you won't enjoy watching?

Just curious how you thought the plot might go this season or how you'd like to have seen those first two episodes go?
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 03:21 PM   #4191
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Weird. So you just really want them to hurry up and get to the battle you don't enjoy watching, just so they can probably go to Kings Landing to another battle you won't enjoy watching?

Just curious how you thought the plot might go this season or how you'd like to have seen those first two episodes go?
I don’t get what’s weird? If I wanted action I’d watch an action series. This is more of a drama then anything. I understand the need for an episode of showing everyone together and getting ready for the impeding battle. And also that there are some long awaited reunions. But literally zero plot progression has occurred. They could of done all of what they’ve done in one episode. The battle Coming up will be enjoyable for me because we find out who dies and potentially a resolution to the night king. I’m hoping for a twist though to be honest.

What made this series both in book and show great was that every episode kind of left you with something to ponder. Maybe you found out things weren’t what they seemed or new information was brought to light. Zero of this has occurred through 2 hours of show so far. For some of us who (again sorry) read the books our wait has been over a decade now. I want some answers! I don’t care about Tormunds giant story or that whole waste of drunken talking in front of the fire. At the end of both episode 1 and 2 both times I’ve been disappointed that nothing has kept me on edge for the episode. No “oh wow” moments I guess you could say.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:25 PM   #4192
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Yeah, I'm thinking something along those lines. Seems like a good plot device that could be used to throw the bad guys a curveball.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 03:38 PM   #4193
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

My theory is that White Walker Jamie kills Cersei.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 03:59 PM   #4194
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:

And on the subject of Jaime, one of the weird things about rewatching SE1 is seeing Jaime as a blonde again. When did they stop dying Coster-Waldau's hair?
Not sure if intentional but it seems his hair has slowly been getting less blonde over the seasons.

While it could be a coincidence and more of an aesthetic decision, lots of people think it represents him getting further and further from his family.

The less he lives up to being a Lannister, the darker his hair gets.

May or not be intentional but neat either way.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 04:11 PM   #4195
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Homer View Post
I don’t get what’s weird? If I wanted action I’d watch an action series. This is more of a drama then anything. I understand the need for an episode of showing everyone together and getting ready for the impeding battle. And also that there are some long awaited reunions. But literally zero plot progression has occurred. They could of done all of what they’ve done in one episode. The battle Coming up will be enjoyable for me because we find out who dies and potentially a resolution to the night king. I’m hoping for a twist though to be honest.

What made this series both in book and show great was that every episode kind of left you with something to ponder. Maybe you found out things weren’t what they seemed or new information was brought to light. Zero of this has occurred through 2 hours of show so far. For some of us who (again sorry) read the books our wait has been over a decade now. I want some answers! I don’t care about Tormunds giant story or that whole waste of drunken talking in front of the fire. At the end of both episode 1 and 2 both times I’ve been disappointed that nothing has kept me on edge for the episode. No “oh wow” moments I guess you could say.

That’s interesting because for me the last episode might have been the best one in the entire show. Entire character arcs paid off. Brienne and Jaime has been developed season 3 and wrapped up in a very satisfying way. To me those are the answers that are being given.

To me what makes the show great is that you have a roster of perhaps 100 characters whose relationships have been detailed based on their and their families relationships with the world. Each character given thought to have real development and watching these characters complete their personal journeys is the satisfying part of this show.

What answers are you looking for that you feel haven’t been delivered?
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2019, 04:50 PM   #4196
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

He wants them to advance the plot somehow without action sequences, and without the characters wasting any time making clever small talk or quips.

Would be good to see what he has in mind for what would make a good final season.

Last edited by djsFlames; 04-27-2019 at 03:32 AM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:15 PM   #4197
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I just can't see them putting anything else out there besides the Hound putting his brother out of his misery.
Last season when they met at Kings Landing the Hound says to the mountain "Thats not how it ends for you brother. You know who's coming for you, you've always known.

There seems to be more in the works here than just a fight between those 2.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2019, 07:28 PM   #4198
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
That’s interesting because for me the last episode might have been the best one in the entire show. Entire character arcs paid off. Brienne and Jaime has been developed season 3 and wrapped up in a very satisfying way. To me those are the answers that are being given.

To me what makes the show great is that you have a roster of perhaps 100 characters whose relationships have been detailed based on their and their families relationships with the world. Each character given thought to have real development and watching these characters complete their personal journeys is the satisfying part of this show.

What answers are you looking for that you feel haven’t been delivered?
Tough for me to explain because everyone enjoys the show in different ways. As a book reader who’s accepted my only way of figuring out the end is through the show I’ve been waiting forever to see how things get tied up. There’s always been twists and unexpected turns and being the final season I’d hope after a quarter a way of the season we’d have at least ONE “oh wow” moments. Two episodes of idly sitting in a castle and banter wasn’t what I expected through two episodes. At least end the second episode with the beginning of the attack so it leaves a bit of a cliff hangar.

Last edited by Patek23; 04-26-2019 at 07:56 PM.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:05 PM   #4199
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
My theory is that White Walker Jamie kills Cersei.
I wish it would be a white walker elephant
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:57 PM   #4200
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Besides the kids he has aged the most over the series, in keeping with what he has been through
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote