Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2023, 09:45 PM   #16961
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lindholm sure isn’t taking a discount to Horvat
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bonded For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2023, 09:52 PM   #16962
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

wrong thread.
Old 06-13-2023, 09:58 PM   #16963
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you're Lindholm I'm not sure you're asking for anything under $9.5M

He clearly isn't super happy here based on the rumors, maybe that all goes away with Sutter being fired but there is likely more to it than that.

He just saw Kadri get $7 and Huberdeau get $10.5M. Gaudreau and Tkachuk both around $9.5M.

My gut is his ask is going to be $9.5M x 8 years and he's probably not that motivated to move off of it.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2023, 10:00 PM   #16964
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post

He clearly isn't super happy here based on the rumors, maybe that all goes away with Sutter being fired but there is likely more to it than that.

He just saw Kadri get $7 and Huberdeau get $10.5M. Gaudreau and Tkachuk both around $9.5M.

My gut is his ask is going to be $9.5M x 8 years and he's probably not that motivated to move off of it.
Perfect situation Imo. It's not you, it's me Elias. Sure, we can still be friends. Click
Major Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 10:36 PM   #16965
iloveicedhockey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

He's just been underpaid pretty much for the duration of his existing contract (which he signed) so he's not going to make that error again. He wants his payday.
iloveicedhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 10:38 PM   #16966
InternationalVillager
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Lindholm at $9.5M is a solid no go for me. He's not elite.
InternationalVillager is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to InternationalVillager For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2023, 11:08 PM   #16967
NewFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I still think the Blue Jackets is perfect fit for Lindholm. They have enough cap space, and they should be already sick missing playoffs few years. Can they wait until 3rd OA make impact soon? Does their GM have a time to wait?
Johnny-Lindholm-Laine line should be one of the best 1st line next 4-5 years. And they have few prospects to help them.
I hope Leo Carlsson had a bad interview with Blue Jackets and they decide to trade
Lindholm & Vladar for 3OA.
NewFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 11:40 PM   #16968
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternationalVillager View Post
Same. I think we should retain him if we can but anything over 9 and I am in favour of trading him instead.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2023, 11:41 PM   #16969
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewFan View Post
I still think the Blue Jackets is perfect fit for Lindholm. They have enough cap space, and they should be already sick missing playoffs few years. Can they wait until 3rd OA make impact soon? Does their GM have a time to wait?
Johnny-Lindholm-Laine line should be one of the best 1st line next 4-5 years. And they have few prospects to help them.
I hope Leo Carlsson had a bad interview with Blue Jackets and they decide to trade
Lindholm & Vladar for 3OA.
I think the Jackets will trade for Johnny's buddy Kevin Hayes. They will get him for pennies on the dollar, much cheaper than Lindholm. They can probably get the Flyers to retain salary as well.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 12:39 AM   #16970
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

At this point, it feels like the moment Lindholm signs a deal with the flames, he will become the new whipping boy so I hope he is traded… not because I don’t like him as a player but because the appetite to keep him seems to have really turned. Unless he comes in at a really low AAV (say $7.5 million), he will be picked on by fans as over paid and too old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stemit14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 04:20 AM   #16971
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post

Lindholm had 64 points last year, tied for 80th with Killorn, Trochek, Dunn, etc.... He's had one ppg season in his career, and that was riding shotgun to gaudreau and Tkachuk. Lindholm gets a boost for being a defensively solid center, but that kind of money is absurd for Lindholm.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2023, 04:58 AM   #16972
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Lindholm had 64 points last year, tied for 80th with Killorn, Trochek, Dunn, etc.... He's had one ppg season in his career, and that was riding shotgun to gaudreau and Tkachuk. Lindholm gets a boost for being a defensively solid center, but that kind of money is absurd for Lindholm.
Most UFA cap are insane value. Someone likely pays it.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 05:44 AM   #16973
jaydub74
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:

When Kadri is getting 7, Lindholm is certainly worth more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jaydub74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 05:55 AM   #16974
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just don’t like the way Lindholm’s exit interview went.

You know you’re not the only one that dislikes Sutter
You know you’re not the only one with an off year
You know you’re not the only one frustrated

And yet you come out unprofessional, sulking and telling the media you have one more year left on your deal, and that’s it?

Loved having you here, but take that attitude elsewhere. I don’t care if that just came from the Sutter era, but that rubbed me the wrong way and imo was a slap to the face of the organization that gave you the chance of becoming a top 6 center. He grew so much here, could still remain a fan favorite if he extends. But for the sake of the franchise I want new blood, new faces, younger players.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ForeverFlameFan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2023, 06:49 AM   #16975
robertsfanatic
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Same. I think we should retain him if we can but anything over 9 and I am in favour of trading him instead.
agreed on this and in an ideal world he comes in around $8.5
Old 06-14-2023, 07:59 AM   #16976
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don't disagree.

But Horvat got $8.5M and Lindholm is more prolific offensively and better defensively.

Barzal is $9.1M and Lindholm has put up more points and is better defensively for sure.

Over the last 3 seasons Lindholm is 0.89 Points per game, Barzal is 0.83 PPG, and Horvat was 0.78 points per game.

I'm not saying I'd pay him $9.5M but I don't see why he wouldn't ask for it and why he'd have much incentive to budge off that number if he isn't 100% certain he wants to re-sign here anyways.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 06-14-2023 at 08:07 AM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2023, 08:19 AM   #16977
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternationalVillager View Post
I love Lindholm. But he has scored more than 64 points only twice in his career, and once in the last four seasons. Both times playing with Gaudreau, and once playing with Tkachuk and Gaudreau. GMs are going to be skeptical he can be that productive playing with non-elite passers, or centering a 2nd line (which is where he’ll slot in on almost every team that would trade for him).
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 08:27 AM   #16978
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
8 X $8.9M?

I…wouldn’t do it. It’d be tripling down on a roster structure that is old and won’t win in eyes.
When signing Kadri, how did Treliving not contemplate and factor in this type of contract for Lindholm coming down the pike?

It basically was a choice between Kadri or Lindholm at these prices.

He chose paying a 32 year 2nd line center $7mm a year vs paying a 29 year old 1st line center $8.5mm a year.
Old 06-14-2023, 08:35 AM   #16979
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustygoon View Post
When signing Kadri, how did Treliving not contemplate and factor in this type of contract for Lindholm coming down the pike?

He chose paying a 32 year 2nd line center $7mm a year vs paying a 29 year old 1st line center $8.5mm a year.
You don't know how much pressure/direction from ownership he was under to win at all costs?

Perhaps he already knew that Lindholm had no intention of extending?

Calgary can afford Lindholm, they just need to manage other assets to accommodate him.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 08:47 AM   #16980
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustygoon View Post

A few possibly non-mutually exclusive reasons: A. They were obviously going all in after winning the division but falling short in the POs. B. Lindholm is likely gone anyway. C. While Lindholm’s production looked to be worth that in his previous season, maybe the team thinks he’s mainly a product of his linemates. This year sure indicates that.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote