Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-25-2020, 12:47 PM   #2201
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Realistically Orton and HHH should be a bit worried right now. Some of the things that they did to woman back stage was pretty gross.

Paul was never a big deal. And then Shawn and Randy have both been super forward about the awful stuff they've done. Unless they've out and out raped somebody that no one's come forward about yet, I don't think there is anything that will come forward that won't have the response of, "yeah, we know."

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:29 PM   #2202
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Tessa Blanchard was terminated by TNA and stripped of the World Championship. There had been accusations of racism and bullying in her past.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:40 PM   #2203
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

AEW's go home show this week garnered the lowest numbers in Dynamites history

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...ership-671808/

They garnered 663,000 viewers down from 772,000 votes last year.

NXT had 786,000 viewers this week, up from 746,000 viewers last week.

This weeks Raw drew 1.93 million viewers which was about the same as last week. The problem is that Raw dropped through the floor in the third hour going from 2 million in hour 1 down to 1.73 in hour 3

Smackdown drew 2.08 million viewers, but again they dropped like a stone in the second hour. losing 100,000 viewers.

Old 06-26-2020, 12:36 AM   #2204
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Tessa Blanchard was terminated by TNA and stripped of the World Championship. There had been accusations of racism and bullying in her past.

And they put the title on her. Then she ####ed off and they fired her for no-showing

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 06-26-2020, 12:55 AM   #2205
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Regarding AEW. I watch every week as much as I can, and all I pine for is more Evil Uno. That guy is so underrated - great character, solid mic work, and fantastic in-ring psychology. Plus the fact that he's built like a pear makes him all the more hilarious.

Par down The Dark Order to Lee, Uno, and #10, and you've got a solid three-man stable.
I really wished they didn’t introduce Brodie Lee or even an Exalted one. How you described Evil Uno is why I think he should’ve just stayed as the main guy for the Dark Order. Now his role is diminished in favour for Brodie Lee and now it’s just a stupid mess with AEW bookers rushing the Mox vs Lee feud and they’re doing a lame Colt Cobana recruiting storyline
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 06:08 AM   #2206
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Whenever I watch AEW, I think they need better agents or something even outside the bookers. They push tag team wrestling but you have these weird matches where for half of it there are no rules and you can double team endlessly, and then the other half you need to be out of the ring at 5.

During the young bucks match last week that ended in the brawl with a bunch of teams, it looked like a high school skit where someone forgot their line and the other person was telling them to run in.

Complaining about this may mean I'm an old man I realize.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 09:18 AM   #2207
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMoss View Post
Whenever I watch AEW, I think they need better agents or something even outside the bookers. They push tag team wrestling but you have these weird matches where for half of it there are no rules and you can double team endlessly, and then the other half you need to be out of the ring at 5.

During the young bucks match last week that ended in the brawl with a bunch of teams, it looked like a high school skit where someone forgot their line and the other person was telling them to run in.

Complaining about this may mean I'm an old man I realize.

You and I are on the same page on that, it is an issue to me because old guy or not you have to remember WCW and sometimes it feels like the whole booking on a fly throw stuff at the wall to see if it sticks moments.

They have a talented roster, its bloated but talented, the woman's division is progressing, but I want them to sign Conti, just because I think she's awesome. But I expect that Blanchard will be on the way.

I think the writing and booking and the broadcast crew is really letting what could be a great product down.

We're seeing declining numbers across the board for wrestling, none of the organizations are getting it right.

Old 06-26-2020, 09:26 AM   #2208
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
AEW's go home show this week garnered the lowest numbers in Dynamites history

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...ership-671808/

They garnered 663,000 viewers down from 772,000 votes last year.

NXT had 786,000 viewers this week, up from 746,000 viewers last week.

This weeks Raw drew 1.93 million viewers which was about the same as last week. The problem is that Raw dropped through the floor in the third hour going from 2 million in hour 1 down to 1.73 in hour 3

Smackdown drew 2.08 million viewers, but again they dropped like a stone in the second hour. losing 100,000 viewers.
Dynamite's card was super weak on paper. The most enjoyable match of the show was the hoss fight between Wardlow and Luchasaurus. And to be fair, that match was effing awesome.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 10:23 AM   #2209
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, Wardlow doing that hurricarana surprised that #### out of me. Same with Luchasaurus' Shooting Star Press from the stage. That match was effing awesome for sure.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 10:37 AM   #2210
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:

You're sure it was a Young Bucks match? That was a spot fest that made no sense? The Young Bucks? You're positive?

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2020, 09:12 PM   #2211
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Sounds like Velveteen Dream is about to be released.

I doubt even AEW would pick him up.

Old 06-27-2020, 06:24 AM   #2212
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
You're sure it was a Young Bucks match? That was a spot fest that made no sense? The Young Bucks? You're positive?
The first time I saw a Youn Bucks match my buddy and I had the following conversation:

Friend: Do you know who the Young Bucks are?

MQS: I know of them, I know they're successful outside of WWE but I haven't actually seen them wrestle.

Friend: Oh, OK, let me catch you up. You know how some wrestlers and tag teams are great technicians, can really tell a story, and put on 5 star match after 5 star match?

Me: Yeah

Friend: Yeah, not that. They just run around, do a bunch of super kicks.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2020, 11:36 AM   #2213
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Honestly they remind me of the Hardy's when they first broke in to the business, in that they were high spotters who couldn't tell a story to save their lives.

The Young Bucks just do spots, and half the time, there's just no flow to their matches at all.

Someone at some point grabbed the Hardy's and set them straight. Though I'm not a fan of Jeff because he's still a spin machine. Matt at some points told some good stories.

Old 06-27-2020, 12:11 PM   #2214
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post

I was more talking about the run ins and everyone standing around waiting for the next thing to happen. The matches are what they are, although the everyone stand in position so I can do a dive spots are terrible.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 12:15 PM   #2215
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
I was more talking about the run ins and everyone standing around waiting for the next thing to happen. The matches are what they are, although the everyone stand in position so I can do a dive spots are terrible.

Its one thing that's actually irked me lately and its happening in a lot of matches and maybe we're being picky because of the lack of crowds to distract us.

But there are too many times that people are standing around waiting for the spot and it looks as phony as hell.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:47 PM   #2216
Freeway
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like the Bucks just fine, but it's very telling that the best matches they've ever had involved Kenny Omega.

"Does a great job covering the Flames" - Elliotte Friedman
Freeway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 12:11 AM   #2217
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

WWE is looking into shutting down NXT UK.

Old 06-28-2020, 08:50 AM   #2218
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

If they're looking to save some bucks that's probably the best place to start. The UK wrestling scene is sort of falling into shambles at the moment. I stopped watching it at least a year ago now and don't even care one iota about it.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:12 PM   #2219
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Time of death . . .

https://twitter.com/user/status/1277806200042729472

Old 07-01-2020, 08:41 PM   #2220
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was a great move by Royce, Riot sold the hell out it too.

AEW was okay tonight. They really need to work on their spot management in tag team matches though.

Again tonight they had moments in the tag matches where people are waiting for a spot and makes the whole thing look awkward and just poorly planned.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote