Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2022, 10:16 AM   #1201
StickMan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
This is the correct role for him in opposition - attack dog. It's also the reason he was routinely dismissed as a possible leader. He's quite unlikable.
I think at this point a lot of Canadians would vote for a bag of rocks just to get rid of Trudeau

With Trudeau we hired an uneducated unqualified somewhat mentally unstable person to run Canada based on a familiar last name and great hair (as long as it isn't cut too short). Then Trudeau hires a group of unqualified uneducated and somewhat mentally unstable people, largely based on what their private parts look like, to do his job for him while we pay for him to fly endlessly on a private jet around the world taking selfies and vacationing.
StickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StickMan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2022, 10:19 AM   #1202
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickMan View Post
I don't see anything wrong with either of those statements. "doing more" to "normalize" crypto is pretty vague, using that clip to say that he is planning to "Turning our country's financial systme over to unregulated crypto-currencies" is pretty conspiracy theory type thinking.
Your claim that he is going to stop the central banks from issuing digital currency is unethical giving the fact that he’s invested in crypto currency. It’s hypocritical of you to support that while complaining about the ethics of another party.

Quote:
If you ignore that the majority of the trucker protest was peaceful and you don't think that PP means that he stands by those peaceful protesters, I guess you could draw the conclusion that he is saying that he supports illegal blockades... Except he also specifically says he doesn't support the illegal blockades.
Here’s the thing, it wasn’t a protest. It was an occupation, an illegal one at that. So if he was in support of that regardless of what you or he want to call it, he’s supporting illegal activity.

Quote:
I personally like 90% of what he says as it will reverse everything that Trudeau has done to destroy this country.
The vagueness of that statement aside this is more of an indictment on your sense of judgement than anything else, as is labeling our country as having been destroyed.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2022, 10:23 AM   #1203
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think at this point a lot of Canadians would vote for a bag of rocks just to get rid of Trudeau

With Trudeau we hired an uneducated unqualified somewhat mentally unstable person to run Canada based on a familiar last name and great hair (as long as it isn't cut too short). Then Trudeau hires a group of unqualified uneducated and somewhat mentally unstable people, largely based on what their private parts look like, to do his job for him while we pay for him to fly endlessly on a private jet around the world taking selfies and vacationing.
What makes Pierre poilievre qualified to run anything? Serious question, the guy is a career politician who has barely any other work experience.
Old 08-10-2022, 10:25 AM   #1204
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
The Sun is the most right wing mainstream (print) media in Canada. No idea if they have received government funding or not.
Yes, they are one of the most right-wing media in Canada. The Sun is just one of the properties owned by Postmedia, which owns almost every English-language newspaper in the country other than the Toronto Star and The Globe & Mail.

And yes, absolutely they receive government funding. Millions every year in subsidies.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to timun For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2022, 10:30 AM   #1205
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:

I mean, you are wrong. People out east do not hate him as much as you think. And unfortunately, they are the majority.

Also, mentally unstable? What even are you talking about?

I can't believe I am defending him to anyone. But your comments are pretty silly and I felt the need to call them out for their ridiculousness.

Edit: I am getting caught up now on the rest of the thread. Now I see where this is coming from.

Last edited by Wastedyouth; 08-10-2022 at 10:38 AM.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2022, 10:37 AM   #1206
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
I can't believe I am defending him to anyone. But your comments are pretty silly and I felt the need to call them out for their ridiculousness.

And this is why us who generally vote or support the Conservative are consistently f'd.

We are fighting with our own party because we have so many crazies - going out of our way to defend Justin
Mull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 10:41 AM   #1207
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I would suggest that a lot more people would vote for a bag of radioactive rocks to avoid PP as Prime Minister. He's a truly awful candidate. Any election with him as leader of the CPC basically means your best case scenario is a Liberal minority.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2022, 10:42 AM   #1208
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

PP isn't educated or qualified based on your criteria then either. He has a BA in international relations.

Trudeau has a BA in literature and a BA in education.

Dislike Trudeau for whatever reasons you like but these are just silly statements.

As for who Trudeau hired/chose for positions, just because you don't like their policies doesn't make them uneducated. Most politicians across all parties are unqualified for a lot of things, don't pretend this liberal party is any different from any other party.

As for the part in bold, you're telling on yourself.

This all reads like a bunch of facebook nonsense to be honest.
AFireInside is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AFireInside For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2022, 10:43 AM   #1209
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Replace JT with any other figurehead. The Liberal party is going to be doing the same things it is right now.

He's a figurehead. One vote. One representative. A face.

The issue is the Liberal party and their agendas, not JT.

That's the real issue here. Everyone is so fixated on him, they are losing site of the battle.

Replace him? What's the point?

Last edited by Wastedyouth; 08-10-2022 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-10-2022, 10:44 AM   #1210
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I would suggest that a lot more people would vote for a bag of radioactive rocks to avoid PP as Prime Minister. He's a truly awful candidate. Any election with him as leader of the CPC basically means your best case scenario is a Liberal minority.

Here is your zero evidence forecast- if PP wins he beats Justin.

I know, the left hates him, half the conservatives hate him (myself included), and its not a rational view.

I just have a vibe about this. I can't explain it.

Sound data science I know.
Old 08-10-2022, 10:45 AM   #1211
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Replace JT with any other figurehead. The Liberal party is going to be doing the same things it is right now.

He's a figurehead. One vote. One representative. A face.

The issue is the Liberal party and their agendas, not JT.

That's the real issue here. Everyone is so fixated on him, they are losing site of the battle.

Replace him? What's the point?

I honestly don't quite get why you replied to me.

Are you saying the liberal infighting and differences is on the same scale that is occurring within the conservatives?

If so, I don't agree with that at all. The conservatives are fractured on key moral issues.
Old 08-10-2022, 10:46 AM   #1212
TherapyforGlencross
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:

And with PP, he received a BA in international relations, and has been working in politics for his entire life. What’s the difference?
TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TherapyforGlencross For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2022, 10:49 AM   #1213
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mull View Post
I honestly don't quite get why you replied to me.

Are you saying the liberal infighting and differences is on the same scale that is occurring within the conservatives?

If so, I don't agree with that at all. The conservatives are fractured on key moral issues.
Misquoted.

Anyways, that's just it. The Liberals aren't fractured. They aren't infighting or eating their own. They are doing exactly what they want to. And they are appealing to the majority.

Until the Conservatives figure out a way to appeal to the centrist swing voters, we will be led by the Liberals for a long time.

Pierre and other clowns trying to rile up the socially conservative minority thinking it will swing enough votes for them, are a lost cause.

The CPC is a lost cause, at this point.
Old 08-10-2022, 11:05 AM   #1214
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Just out of curiosity, which sticker does your car have on it, a ##### Trudeau, or a Calvin peeing on Trudeau?
Old 08-10-2022, 11:10 AM   #1215
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Shantz View Post
Just out of curiosity, which sticker does your car have on it, a ##### Trudeau, or a Calvin peeing on Trudeau?
Why not both?
Old 08-10-2022, 11:12 AM   #1216
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Car? Joke's on you, he clearly drives a truck.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 11:12 AM   #1217
StickMan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Misquoted.

Anyways, that's just it. The Liberals aren't fractured. They aren't infighting or eating their own. They are doing exactly what they want to. And they are appealing to the majority.

Until the Conservatives figure out a way to appeal to the centrist swing voters, we will be led by the Liberals for a long time.

Pierre and other clowns trying to rile up the socially conservative minority thinking it will swing enough votes for them, are a lost cause.

The CPC is a lost cause, at this point.
The majority being 32% of Canadians located in the correct places in the country to maximize seat count. And even most of those people just vote Trudeau because of some last minute wedge issue. I don't think the majority of Canadians like Trudeau or anything he does, because why would anyone? The man is a disaster, everything he touches he destroys.
StickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 11:17 AM   #1218
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You'd think that, but then again he beat Harper, Scheer and O'Toole. At some point you can't blame the electorate and have to look inward as a party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mull View Post
Here is your zero evidence forecast- if PP wins he beats Justin.

I know, the left hates him, half the conservatives hate him (myself included), and its not a rational view.

I just have a vibe about this. I can't explain it.

Sound data science I know.
I think Pierre is going to look more foolish than you realise. It's one thing to sit in opposition and take shots at Trudeau. He's an easy target, being corrupt and with no real competence. But it's another to move from that to looking "Prime Ministerial". There's a cap on the number of people who want a PM who basically just shoots his mouth off without much in the way of facts, and it's very unappealing to a lot of voters.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 11:18 AM   #1219
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
The majority being 32% of Canadians located in the correct places in the country to maximize seat count. And even most of those people just vote Trudeau because of some last minute wedge issue. I don't think the majority of Canadians like Trudeau or anything he does, because why would anyone? The man is a disaster, everything he touches he destroys.
This level of dramatics isn’t convincing to anyone who isn’t already Conservative/NDP supporter completely blinded by bias, so it’s little wonder why you would find yourself out of touch with the majority of Canadians.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 11:18 AM   #1220
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ya, Trudeau is not great, which is why it's baffling the Conservatives can't find a way to beat him. Maybe PP will be different! probably not, though.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: