Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2024, 10:50 AM   #14681
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
No I think timun is right as it does mention when approaching the circle. The guide is a bit of a mess though as god knows why it mentions that under the Exit section rather than the Entering section.

However as I mentioned in the previous post, there appears to be no obligation to signal when entering a single lane circle unless taking the first right.
Can you point out where because I'm completely missing it?
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 10:57 AM   #14682
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D as in David View Post
Unless I'm misunderstanding your answer,
At the risk of having a bunch of people whine about how ol' "timun is such a condescending ###hole, we should vote him off the island": you are misunderstanding.

Quote:
The quotes from the guide you selected are about signaling when approaching the exit of the roundabout.
No, no they're not. They're about entering the roundabout. Go re-read.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 10:57 AM   #14683
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D as in David View Post
Can you point out where because I'm completely missing it?
For 2 lane traffic circles:

When you intend to leave at any other exit:
• Approach the circle using the left lane.
• Activate your left signal to communicate that you do not plan to use the first exit.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 11:01 AM   #14684
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
Yes, I was going to get confirmation that was the sign in question before mentioning "don't worry, they took it down".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
I could have sworn I saw a similar sign there yesterday but was even worse. Now I think I'm going crazy I may just go for a drive to confirm it haha.
So I was not going crazy haha, I drove by yesterday and the sign was definitely there and even more confusing than the one there in that image.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zary's-Mustache For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2024, 12:53 PM   #14685
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post

• Activate your left signal to communicate that you do not plan to use the first exit.
This must be why it seems most people just turn off the left signal when they want to exit, instead of properly signaling right.

Just seems odd to me. Since you are expected to signal right when wanting to leave, what's the purpose of keeping the left signal on in the circle?

There should be 2 signal defaults. None when wanting to stay in circle, right signal when exiting. Now I see more left signals than I do right signals, and that really pisses people off when wanting to enter.
Old 04-21-2024, 01:16 PM   #14686
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackArcher101 View Post
This must be why it seems most people just turn off the left signal when they want to exit, instead of properly signaling right.

Just seems odd to me. Since you are expected to signal right when wanting to leave, what's the purpose of keeping the left signal on in the circle?

There should be 2 signal defaults. None when wanting to stay in circle, right signal when exiting. Now I see more left signals than I do right signals, and that really pisses people off when wanting to enter.
Fight back. Put the hazards on every time you approach one. The circle will be yours.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2024, 01:27 PM   #14687
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Fight back. Put the hazards on every time you approach one. The circle will be yours.
Actually, saw someone do just that with hazards on yesterday. No idea why, driving normally.
Old 04-21-2024, 01:30 PM   #14688
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Holy fk, could cub scouts, guides, hockey teams, etc. fk right off with bottle drives? We throw ours in the blue bin, but even if we didn't, the last group of Saturday morning goofballs would have already grabbed the bottles, so what's the point of coming a week later to disturb our Saturday morning?

Parents: pay for your own kids' stupid-ass activities. Or sell me something...50/50 tickets, popcorn, whatever. Just don't come bothering me with your hand out for your priveleged activity on a weekend. Such a piss off.
???

I love bottle drives. Clears out the garage with no work in my end. Seriously, how much of a hassle is it to open your garage door for 2 minutes.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2024, 01:36 PM   #14689
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just had some couches delivered and opted for delivery and setup.

Guy just came and said "I'll help you bring them down"......had to politely tell him sorry I can't carry anything heavy as I have a bad back. My back isnt bad but ill never carry couches thats literally your job. Who shows up for delivery with one person? What a weird interaction.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zary's-Mustache For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2024, 01:41 PM   #14690
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post

That paragraph you quoted is beneath the heading Exiting circular intersections: and not the paragraph above it called Entering circular intersections: meaning the "approach" refers to approaching the Exit.

Edited: Okay, I'm seeing it now.

Last edited by D as in David; 04-21-2024 at 01:53 PM.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 02:18 PM   #14691
Whynotnow
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Guy just came and said "I'll help you bring them down"......had to politely tell him sorry I can't carry anything heavy as I have a bad back. My back isnt bad but ill never carry couches thats literally your job. Who shows up for delivery with one person? What a weird interaction.
I got moved to start a job when I was young and didn’t have much stuff. I was at my new place in a new town and the guy shows up by himself and no helper. Asks me if I wanted to help and says when it’s small like this and between 2 towns they send him by himself, give him cash and tell him to go to a gas station and find someone who wants to earn some bucks. I ended up doing it, I’m sure he pocketed some of the cash too.
Whynotnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 02:39 PM   #14692
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
???

I love bottle drives. Clears out the garage with no work in my end. Seriously, how much of a hassle is it to open your garage door for 2 minutes.
I don't hoard garbage so I don't have a garage full of trash for them to take. It goes in the blue bin weekly.

The larger gear grinder is having them annoyingly come around begging two weeks in a row. If I was a hoarder, the first group would have already grabbed the bottles, which makes the second crowd an absolute annoyance.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 02:47 PM   #14693
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe if you drank more, there’d be bottles for everybody.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Barnet Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2024, 03:48 PM   #14694
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

That’s dumb for a setup service. What if you were a 90 year old person with a walker.

I once had Lowe’s try and deliver a fridge to the sidewalk. I was like uh, what are you thinking here. Just dropping a $2500 fridge on the sidewalk and taking off. F no. Dude, you have a dolly and it’s another 15 feet plus four steps up to a porch. You’re taking this thing inside. “I’m not hired to take it inside, I’m only allowed to bring it to the curb.”

Then I explained to him about a little thing called property lines and that if he thinks he can deliver my fridge to city property and not my residence then there’d be some hell coming.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 03:53 PM   #14695
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bottle drives don’t bother me

I take the time to chat with the young athletes about their sport before giving them bottles if we have some.

In fact if the athlete is really engaging and I don’t have bottles I’ve actually given them cash before.

Expect soccer, #### that #### sport and those that play it

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2024, 03:53 PM   #14696
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
#thisistheway

Quote:
Old 04-21-2024, 03:54 PM   #14697
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Bottle drives don’t bother me

I take the time to chat with the young athletes about their sport before giving them bottles if we have some.

In fact if the athlete is really engaging and I don’t have bottles I’ve actually given them cash before.

Expect soccer, #### that #### sport and those that play it
Who hurt you? Was it Ronaldo? I bet it was Ronaldo.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 03:56 PM   #14698
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Who hurt you? Was it Ronaldo? I bet it was Ronaldo.
I evolved to a better sport

Quote:
Old 04-21-2024, 03:56 PM   #14699
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
*Starship Troopers Voice*

"I'm doing my part...are you?"

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 04:02 PM   #14700
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
That’s dumb for a setup service. What if you were a 90 year old person with a walker.

I once had Lowe’s try and deliver a fridge to the sidewalk. I was like uh, what are you thinking here. Just dropping a $2500 fridge on the sidewalk and taking off. F no. Dude, you have a dolly and it’s another 15 feet plus four steps up to a porch. You’re taking this thing inside. “I’m not hired to take it inside, I’m only allowed to bring it to the curb.”

Then I explained to him about a little thing called property lines and that if he thinks he can deliver my fridge to city property and not my residence then there’d be some hell coming.
He did bring them himself so I think hes used to it but probably thought he could get me to help him out. These are the type of couches that come in boxes and need to be set up not the bigger bulky ones. Theyre still heavy but that's not my problem when you advertise delivery and setup included. They even offer taking old sofas as well in same free service. I had already got rid of mine but what if I didn't? There was no way he could take them out himself.