Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2024, 01:40 PM   #3141
Knut

Exp:

Calgary - “Not Edmonton”
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 03:12 PM   #3142
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Being in a creative field professionally, I've undertaken several of these types of branding/slogan projects...so I understand that these slogans are meant to go beyond the literal. But sometimes you get so lost in the smart metaphors and catchy secondary meanings, that you gloss over the obvious stuff. There can be a thousand clever reasons to use that word, but in a city where everything official has always been red, having "blue" in a slogan for Calgary just feels off.
Maybe council doesn't like so much red anymore. Bring back the blue Calgary Transit scheme next!

Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ironhorse For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2024, 05:06 PM   #3143
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I'm not mistaken this winter Calgary Transit/City of Calgary contracted out snow removal around the bus stops and now that all the snow has melted I've noticed that whoever the contractor is has tore up a lot of grass adjacent to the sidewalks. I don't know if it is from using snowblowers or using plows but there are huge clumps of sod around all the bus stops in my area.

Is anyone else noticing this in their area?
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 05:54 PM   #3144
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
If I'm not mistaken this winter Calgary Transit/City of Calgary contracted out snow removal around the bus stops and now that all the snow has melted I've noticed that whoever the contractor is has tore up a lot of grass adjacent to the sidewalks. I don't know if it is from using snowblowers or using plows but there are huge clumps of sod around all the bus stops in my area.

Is anyone else noticing this in their area?
Hmmm...I wonder if the same contractor also won the bid for repairing the damaged grass adjacent to sidewalks contract.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 06:15 PM   #3145
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Freeeeeedom!

https://twitter.com/user/status/1780676435289739391
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 06:26 PM   #3146
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Liberation and freedom for all!
Old 04-18-2024, 06:29 PM   #3147
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Updates on how big the public hearing is getting starting Monday:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1780983748894597404
I browsed through 250 of the 480 pages of comments and randomly found some "excellent" ones.

Quote:
There is no housing crisis, there is an [removed] crisis. How can there be no thought or planning inregards to the number of [removed] allowed to enter Canada? Again, no thought or planning about how this increased density will disrupt traffic in an area.
Quote:
How do you prevent a new 3-storey house from overshadowing an existing bungalow?
Quote:
I did live in West Hillhurst and specifically moved because you densified it and turned it into a cesspool. Now there is gun shooting in alleys. You ruined Kilnarny. You ruined the Currie Barricks. City Council has a 30% approval rating. Council are on the wrong path. How dumb can you be? STOP STOP STOP.
Quote:
Walkable communities? NO ONE is walking to a grocery store in Calgary. People need a vehicle to get their groceries home
Quote:
You are pushing the UN Climate Agenda while taking away all of the green spaces scattered throughout the city that make this city liveable. Shame on you city of Calgary! You should protect every green space.
Quote:
I spent a ton of money on my house in a "single" family neighborhood and I want to keep it that way. Our neighborhood is already over run with cars and the parking and roads can't handle double the amount if you numbskulls get your way
Quote:
Are you kidding me? Row houses in Diamond Cove and other similar communities??? Has anyone been to Diamond Cove to see what kind of impact that will make?
Quote:
And I absolutely do not buy into City Hall con job of the reasons why rezoning is required. It is purely 2030 propaganda and if you really want to address the housing crisis make it less costly for new community builds (ie lower taxes) and put a limit on the amount of immigration into Canada - it's that simple!
Hi Slava!
Quote:
The City sought input on the Glenmore landing redevelopment. The City chose to do what the developer wants instead of what over 99% of citizens want. Aside from trying to create the illusion that this City listens to citizens, there is no point to the City requesting input from citizens.
Quote:
no it should not happen. i do not want apartment towers
Quote:
How about building a housing in Nose Hill Park? This is some ugly empty area, can't really enjoy it as a park.
Quote:
I am shocked you would even think of distroying that area in the city of Calgary terrible decession I grew up in Lakeview these decession you are all making are not making happy times for a lot of us we need space and room to breath and enjoy please do not rezone in this area it is conjested enough...
Quote:
Listen up!!! Ive worked and paid my outrageous property taxes ( since before Nenshi anyways) and bought and paid for a house in a quiet neighbourhood with single homes. I pray a fourplex is right beside your mayors house first!!! Then beside the council next. We dont need more houses, we need more brains.
Quote:
Thank heavens my wife passed away recently before you do this to all our communities! I hate the idea of RCG everywhere, and she would too. We grow tomatoes in our little greenhouse and vegetables in our beds. These monster houses would block all of our light.
Quote:
This is WOKE LIBERAL CRAP!
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2024, 06:36 PM   #3148
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Things don't sound too great at the Barron building:

https://globalnews.ca/news/10429953/...rsion-stalled/
Old 04-18-2024, 06:43 PM   #3149
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
I browsed through 250 of the 480 pages of comments and randomly found some "excellent" ones.

Hi Slava!
lol that’s Slava for sure. Our little NIMBY buddy.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 07:00 PM   #3150
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like Sliver wanting to build housing in Nose Hill park
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2024, 07:06 PM   #3151
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Walkable communities? NO ONE is walking to a grocery store in Calgary. People need a vehicle to get their groceries home
"NO ONE" indeed. Every home in which I've ever lived in my adult life has always been within a ~5-minute walk to a grocery store. Not even once have I ever "needed" a vehicle to get groceries. Such a suburban boomer yop goobler attitude.
MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MarchHare For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2024, 08:51 PM   #3152
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
lol that’s Slava for sure. Our little NIMBY buddy.
Sorry to burst your bubble fellas, but that’s not me. I happen to agree with the sentiment that it’s going through the motions of asking for input when a decision has already been made, but I’m not wasting any time or energy on battling against this. I know it’s going through regardless.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 09:08 PM   #3153
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post

Not everybody really gives af about owning a home, and once you can get past that and realize that it’s very little more than just something people believe they need to check off their list in adulting requirements, the happier people would be.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2024, 09:08 PM   #3154
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble fellas, but that’s not me. I happen to agree with the sentiment that it’s going through the motions of asking for input when a decision has already been made, but I’m not wasting any time or energy on battling against this. I know it’s going through regardless.
But it's definitely Sliver with the comment about Nose Hill.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:55 AM   #3155
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1781225597601202569
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 08:03 AM   #3156
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

That comment is why I’m glad I’m not on Twitter. Imagine using that sort of stuff as your primary source of news.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2024, 10:29 AM   #3157
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
That comment is why I’m glad I’m not on Twitter. Imagine using that sort of stuff as your primary source of news.
There’s been a few of your posts lately that have been a welcome reminder (to me anyways) that just because you strongly disagree with someone on a number of issues doesn’t mean you won’t strongly agree on other issues. Lately it would appear as though a lot of people are in desperate need of being reminded of that.
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2024, 12:46 PM   #3158
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

I saw a decent comment to the parking issue:

If you park on your own property, then parking shouldn't be an issue. If you need to park on the street, then your house is equally contributing to the problem.
Cappy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cappy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2024, 12:50 PM   #3159
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Parking on your lawn? Paving lawns again?
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 12:57 PM   #3160
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
There’s been a few of your posts lately that have been a welcome reminder (to me anyways) that just because you strongly disagree with someone on a number of issues doesn’t mean you won’t strongly agree on other issues. Lately it would appear as though a lot of people are in desperate need of being reminded of that.

The the comments look like the longest Rick Bell column ever.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote