Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2015, 10:35 AM   #261
moncton golden flames
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
you're a better man then me. I'd have said to my son if I had one "Junior this is how you take out the trash". Then I'd walk up and quip something clever at the first one like "###### this zit face" and then ram my forehead into his nose. Then I'd grab another jerk, with a teenage pimply face and grind his face into the sand while yelling "This will help clear those blackheads sunshine". then the third one I'd grab in a rear naked joke while gleefully yelling "This one's yours son, now punch him in the $$$$". to which my son would coolly say "Austa La Vista Testicles" and then smack him in the jublies.

Then we'd go and have ice cream and I'd say "I love you son" and he'd say "I love you dad"

At least that's how it would go in my head.
And this is what those snot nosed kids grow up to be.

moncton golden flames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to moncton golden flames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2015, 10:49 AM   #262
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Hardly. Considering I was joking and don't advocate violence as a real solution to your problems with verbal bullying.

side effects might cause excessive knife wounds, bruising around the facial area, loss of short term memory and conciousness and death.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:49 AM   #263
loob job
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Fire View Post
I brought my 3 y/o son to the park the other day while my wife had an appointment. It was a nice day out so we went for a walk on the beach, played on the rocks near the river, threw some rocks into the rapids, then went to the playground. After sliding on the slides and being told not to eat sand half a hundred times, he decided he wanted to go on the swings. He still hasn't mastered the art of balance, so using the big boy swing is out of the question unless I want to send him sailing into the noon day sky. So into the toddler swing he goes. I love to play around with my kid, so as he is swinging I pretend he kicks me and fall over, only to get up quickly before he swings back. He's loving every minute of it. Laughing and giggling like crazy.

Anyways, as we were laughing and carrying on and having a time, a group (6 or 7 maybe?) of teenagers moved in to use the big boy swings next to us. Now, I'm 26 years old, and I've always been a little socially anxious, but I didn't give a crap that day, because my little guy was having a blast. I just carried on being ridiculous, pretending they weren't there. After a few minutes, I overheard on of the snot nosed punks ask a few of the other snot nosed punks "Do you think that kid is ######ed? What's wrong with him?" and one of the other kids replied "Look at the guy. He's ######ed too. It's probably ######s in the Park day or something." I was livid. I started to formulate a response without screaming at these kids, or without physically assaulting them. Before I could say or do anything, one of the pretty girls the snot nosed punk was putting the moves on stepped up and chewed the kid out. She said he is a normal little boy having fun with his daddy who is trying to make his little boy giggle. She turned around, grabber her purse, and walked over to me and my son. She apologized for the behavior of her comrades and said my little guy was the cutest little boy she has seen in a long time and to just ignore them because I was being a great dad and that's all that matters.

Is that what youths these days do? They see a father and son having fun and laughing in public and they call them names within earshot? I don't care if they wanted to insult me. I've been called worse by better, but to a 3 y/o? Really? God bless the young lass for saying and doing what she did. If not for her I may have made the news that day, and not for my horrendous playoff "beard".

TL;DR
Curse these street youths these days.
It would have been hard not to go "step brothers" on them. Just watched the movie again and its great at the end when they fly in on the helicopter and kick the crap out of all those kids that were bothering them before.
loob job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:48 AM   #264
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
you're a better man then me. I'd have said to my son if I had one "Junior this is how you take out the trash". Then I'd walk up and quip something clever at the first one like "###### this zit face" and then ram my forehead into his nose. Then I'd grab another jerk, with a teenage pimply face and grind his face into the sand while yelling "This will help clear those blackheads sunshine". then the third one I'd grab in a rear naked joke while gleefully yelling "This one's yours son, now punch him in the $$$$". to which my son would coolly say "Austa La Vista Testicles" and then smack him in the jublies.

Then we'd go and have ice cream and I'd say "I love you son" and he'd say "I love you dad"

More like he'd say "Where did all these cops come from, Dad?"
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2015, 04:59 PM   #265
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
, one of the pretty girls the snot nosed punk was putting the moves on stepped up and chewed the kid out. She said he is a normal little boy having fun with his daddy who is trying to make his little boy giggle. She turned around, grabber her purse, and walked over to me and my son. She apologized for the behavior of her comrades and said my little guy was the cutest little boy she has seen in a long time and to just ignore them because I was being a great dad and that's all that matters.
I don't think it can be understated how impressive this is. That girl 100% has her head screwed on straight. Good for her.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2015, 06:46 PM   #266
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
TL;DR
Curse these street youths these days.

Ahhh testosterone filled youth, truly the scum of the earth since humanity first climbed out of the primordial soup. It only gets worse when you meet those that never reach the age of enlightenment.

What I think maybe funny is that some of them were likely trying to act all "Alpha" to impress the girl. I like to think they failed horribly due to your description.

Remember kids don't take red pills.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:56 AM   #267
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
I don't think it can be understated how impressive this is. That girl 100% has her head screwed on straight. Good for her.
Thought the same thing. All I could think while reading it was:

This should be in the What Makes Me Happy Thread. Teenage boys acting like idiots and saying stupid offensive things isn't surprising. That girl is a gem.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:02 AM   #268
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:

This is what we all fantasize doing lol

Old 04-27-2015, 04:21 AM   #269
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

A lady ran a red light and hit me on my bike today, then she slowed down just long enough to think about what to do and decided to just keep going.

Fortunately I wasn't really hurt and I was able sprint and catch up to her so that I could force her to pull over when someone pulled in front of her on the other side of the intersection. People like her suck

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:38 AM   #270
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Glad you're ok, usually in the battle between bikes and cars, bikes lose.

So you caught up to her . . . and?!?

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2015, 10:56 AM   #271
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Glad you're ok, usually in the battle between bikes and cars, bikes lose.

So you caught up to her . . . and?!?

I hope the story ends with her being led away in handcuffs for the attempted hit and run.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:30 PM   #272
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

####ty beer, ####tier marketing department

Quote:
"The perfect beer for removing 'no' from your vocabulary for the night #UpForWhatever" That's the tagline printed on a Bud Light bottle and photographed by a sharp-eyed Reddit user late last night. Since then it's ignited a flurry of criticism on social media, where people are saying that a slogan like that promotes rape culture.
Quote:
"The perfect beer for removing 'no' from your vocabulary for the night." It sounds worse and worse the more you think about it. But somebody at Budweiser thought about it an awful lot, and decided to stick it on a bottle anyway.

In an emailed statement Alexander Lambrecht, Vice-President for Bud Light of Anheuser-Busch, said, "It’s clear that this message missed the mark, and we regret it. We would never condone disrespectful or irresponsible behavior."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-light-slogan/
Old 04-28-2015, 03:05 PM   #273
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
A lady ran a red light and hit me on my bike today, then she slowed down just long enough to think about what to do and decided to just keep going.

Fortunately I wasn't really hurt and I was able sprint and catch up to her so that I could force her to pull over when someone pulled in front of her on the other side of the intersection. People like her suck
"Press Charges"
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 05:42 AM   #274
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
####ty beer, ####tier marketing department

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-light-slogan/
Goddamn, people are over-sensitive.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2015, 05:41 PM   #275
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-05-12/t...g-lost-mother/
Infuriating doesn't begin to describe this.

Quote:
A Cambodian TV show has been forced to issue a public apology after a cruel "prank" where they tricked a 13-year-old girl into thinking she was about to meet her mother for the first time in seven years - but instead presented her with a comedian in drag.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:15 PM   #276
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
http://www.itv.com/news/2015-05-12/t...g-lost-mother/
Infuriating doesn't begin to describe this.
Holy Christ that is distasteful and harsh.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:02 AM   #277
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://reason.com/blog/2015/05/12/tr...ning-mythology

Quote:
Ovid’s "Metamorphoses" is a fixture of Lit Hum, but like so many texts in the Western canon, it contains triggering and offensive material that marginalizes student identities in the classroom. These texts, wrought with histories and narratives of exclusion and oppression, can be difficult to read and discuss as a survivor, a person of color, or a student from a low-income background.
Alright, it's over, pack it up PC crowd, we've been infiltrated by what I can only assume is a group of people who work for The Onion.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2015, 10:18 AM   #278
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post

Alright, it's over, pack it up PC crowd, we've been infiltrated by what I can only assume is a group of people who work for The Onion.
I love how the students say "like so many texts in the Western canon..." As if depictions of gods forcing themselves on mortal women are peculiar to Western mythology and literature.

Last edited by CliffFletcher; 05-13-2015 at 10:31 AM.
CliffFletcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:23 AM   #279
llwhiteoutll
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

No way that isn't 100% satire.
llwhiteoutll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:17 PM   #280
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Quote:
During the week spent on Ovid’s "Metamorphoses," the class was instructed to read the myths of Persephone and Daphne, both of which include vivid depictions of rape and sexual assault. As a survivor of sexual assault, the student described being triggered while reading such detailed accounts of rape throughout the work.
I mean, yeah, I get that this could happen, but why would you take a mythology course if you have that kind of history and are triggered by these things? And if you think Greek and Roman mythology is bad for this stuff, try Norse.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote