Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2023, 04:32 PM   #381
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLevi View Post
uh...the sharks.
So he couldn't warm up? What is the punishment?

Was he not paid? What happened?

Was his punishment having to sit the locker and thump his favourite fiction book?
Old 03-19-2023, 04:34 PM   #382
FlatLandFlamesFan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

He was backing up anyway didn't need to warm up did he?
The Following User Says Thank You to FlatLandFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2023, 04:35 PM   #383
BoLevi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post

Was his punishment having to sit the locker and thump his favourite fiction book?
Most athletes would consider not being able to warm up as punishment.

At the very least it is symbolic.
Old 03-19-2023, 04:37 PM   #384
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatLandFlamesFan View Post
He was backing up anyway didn't need to warm up did he?
.895 in 35 games.

He's one thr worst rated goalies in the league.

He sucks on and off the ice.
Old 03-19-2023, 04:38 PM   #385
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Most athletes would consider not being able to warm up as punishment.

At the very least it is symbolic.
But two months ago you did not feel that was a punishment. Now you are more strident I guess in your defence of those who express bigotry under the ruse of religion, have expanded your definition of punishment and have deemed that indeed a punishment.
Old 03-19-2023, 04:50 PM   #386
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post

I think his punishment was death by internet lynch mob.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goriders For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2023, 05:04 PM   #387
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckSlap View Post
I agree with the meaning. But it's more corporate virtue signalling than anything. You think any of these corporations actually care about these things?

I'm old enough to remember when every human hated banks, government and pharmacy companies. Now it seems like they throw a rainbow flag, BLM fist on their twitter, and everyone forgets

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Dude… it isn’t though. It’s driven by real people who work there. Because it matters. Even when I was in highschool there’s no way anyone was coming out on a hockey team. They certainly weren’t going to be welcomed easily. Let alone choosing to come out in an environment where derogatory remarks against you are common slang.

Also I don’t understand how your response is a valid reason to not call out Reimer for being a dummy here. Because it’s just corporate virtue signalling? The hoop jumping continues.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2023, 05:12 PM   #388
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goriders View Post
I think his punishment was death by internet lynch mob.
So… nothing then.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2023, 05:54 PM   #389
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
"Personally, I gotta hand it to Kanye for sticking to his beliefs knowing he was going to face a lot of criticism and scrutiny"

Does that work too?
In some ways Kanye is even more bold as his stance cost him a huge hit personally and financially
Old 03-19-2023, 06:08 PM   #390
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
So… nothing then.
Um, sorry, but I’ve learned a lot from the bigot with the made-up trans kid and the “I’M A LIBERAL!!!” alt-right buzzword generator that filled this thread to the brim with some of the dumbest really smart and respected takes i’ve ever seen and I would like to inform you that it’s actually intolerant not to validate every thought that comes someone’s mind.

After all, criticizing someone’s belief on the internet has been compared to lynching, prison, beating, and otherwise physically torturing and murdering an individual in this thread (by people who believe in freedom of speech, obviously!), so by telling them different, you’re basically as intolerant as Hitler.

Thank you for understanding.
Old 03-19-2023, 06:16 PM   #391
butterfly
First Line Centre

Exp:

Why did this clown bring up Kadri? He has absolutely nothing to do with this. He can't support Muslims or LGBT people now?

The more he talks, the less sense any of this makes.
Old 03-19-2023, 06:44 PM   #392
BoLevi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
Why did this clown bring up Kadri? He has absolutely nothing to do with this. He can't support Muslims or LGBT people now?

The irony is that Kadri has supported far more intolerance to queer people than Reimer has.
Old 03-19-2023, 06:45 PM   #393
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post

Maybe he’ll bring up abortion for the trifecta.
The Following User Says Thank You to Goriders For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2023, 07:46 PM   #394
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
The irony is that Kadri has supported far more intolerance to queer people than Reimer has.
Do you have a source or a link to back up that ridiculous claim you've made?
Old 03-19-2023, 07:59 PM   #395
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
There's been a lot of stupidity in this thread but there's been a few times now where someone has insinuated that Kadri is homophobic just because he's Muslim, and try to steer the conversation that direction to deflect from Christianity.

#### all the way off with that garbage. You have zero reason to believe that's true, you're just spreading rumours about someone.
Old 03-19-2023, 08:02 PM   #396
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don't be throwing out names without some kind of proof to back it with.

Hunches based on a guy's cultural/religious associations do not qualify whatsoever.

Also someone being a divisive personality within the game does not equate to "likely bigot" whatsoever either. That's horsekyit logic

Last edited by TrentCrimmIndependent; 03-19-2023 at 08:05 PM.
Old 03-19-2023, 08:12 PM   #397
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah gonna need a source here. The worst thing I've known Kadri for is being a dbag on the ice to opponents a la Tkachuk. If you're inferring his mosque has elements of bigotry, you'll have to point where Kadri has been part of and supported those elements. Source please.

If Kadri has supported ####ty causes like homophobia, ill be right there in line to say he needs some education on what has caused issues
Quote:
Yeah gonna need a source here. The worst thing I've known Kadri for is being a dbag on the ice to opponents a la Tkachuk. If you're inferring his mosque has elements of bigotry, you'll have to point where Kadri has been part of and supported those elements. Source please.

If Kadri has supported ####ty causes like homophobia, ill be right there in line to say he needs some education on what has harmed the gay community

Edit: how the balls did it double my post? Weird

Last edited by PaperBagger'14; 03-19-2023 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-19-2023, 08:26 PM   #398
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
uh...the sharks.
Did they say that, or are players required to wear team approved uniforms when they're on the ice for warm-up? I haven't read the rule book, but I suspect something like that is in there.

If this is the team approved jersey for the warm-up, and he chooses not to wear it leaving him ineligible to be on the ice, that's him choosing to sit out, not the Sharks organization punishing him.
Old 03-19-2023, 08:33 PM   #399
BoLevi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post

If Kadri has supported ####ty causes like homophobia, ill be right there in line to say he needs some education on what has caused issues

If Kadri has supported ####ty causes like homophobia, ill be right there in line to say he needs some education on what has harmed the gay community

Edit: how the balls did it double my post? Weird

Sources?

Sure.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nazem-kadri...io/c-335402662

LONDON, Ontario -- When Nazem Kadri stepped to the stage with the Stanley Cup in front of the London Muslim Mosque before a crowd of thousands Saturday, he said what many in the crowd surely were thinking:

"This is a big deal."

And then this:

https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/...unity-backlash

A Western University social media post supporting the fight against homophobia included an illustration of two women in hijabs about to kiss – sparking a backlash from London’s Muslim community that forced school officials to delete it. The image, posted on the school’s Instagram account Tuesday to mark the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia, was met with a firestorm of criticism from people who were offended by the imagery.

They said the post was “inappropriate” and “disrespectful” because the hijab, an Islamic veil, has religious and spiritual connotations. Wrote one person: “Shame on you Western for such an insulting mockery post to my religion.”...One Muslim community leader, Iman Abd Alfatah Twakkal, said the London Muslim community was drafting a response to the images, which he called “inappropriate.”

One guess where Abd Alfatah Twakkal is the Imam...
Old 03-19-2023, 08:44 PM   #400
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, so you're just gonna double down with a giant leap. Interesting approach.
Closed Thread