Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2023, 03:41 PM   #661
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Our neighbour tells us of six people who went to the U.S. Because of timing (not a preference) one was vaccinated and five were not. The vaccinated person got COVID and none of the others did.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2023, 03:48 PM   #662
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I totally believe your neighbour’s story and think we should draw conclusions based on their make believe anecdote.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 03:48 PM   #663
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Our neighbour tells us of six people who went to the U.S. Because of timing (not a preference) one was vaccinated and five were not. The vaccinated person got COVID and none of the others did.
Thus concludes that double blind randomized controlled trial.
Bill Bumface is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2023, 04:02 PM   #664
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan! View Post
Me and my family have been sick for at least a month now.. just sinus discomfort/flemmy cough. It can piss off any day now.

Kid in preschool doesn't help
Do you actually live in Arizona? Because thats pretty common with very dry air. We get that kind of thing commonly here too.

As for kids in Preschool.

Preschools might as well have animal wet-markets in them so we can just consolidate diseases into one concentrated area.

"Have little Timmy bring home a Pangolin for dinner...considering all the filth he's been basting in all day it shouldnt make a difference."

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 04:03 PM   #665
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If this story is true (questionable at best) it is very likely that the other five had Covid recently but didn’t test for it and had remaining immunity.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 05:45 AM   #666
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Were the five from one anti-vax family?, the odds of having five out of a group of six people not vaccinated are slim to none, and in case you forgot, vaccinated people can still get COVID...on average they just don't get very sick compared to the non vaccinated.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 09:12 AM   #667
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Were the five from one anti-vax family?, the odds of having five out of a group of six people not vaccinated are slim to none, and in case you forgot, vaccinated people can still get COVID...on average they just don't get very sick compared to the non vaccinated.
No, they traveled just before the new vaccine was available so weren’t able to get the shot yet. They’re pro-vax. I’m aware vaccinated people can get COVID and the purpose is to reduce the illness if you do get sick; I’ve had this argument with my idiot, vaccine-nervous brother.
Old 12-27-2023, 09:25 AM   #668
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

This thread reminded me to book my vaccines. Going in tomorrow morning.

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2023, 09:47 AM   #669
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has anyone else completely stopped getting sick after having very strong reactions to COVID shots. With the second COVID shots and boosters, I had a 104+ fever for over twelve hours, while my muscles were contracting, and teeth chattering and it was a bit scary the first time, and then I knew what to expect. I haven't even had a single minor cold since that second shot in mid 2021 and have been around plenty of sick people during that time. I'm usually good for at least a couple cold or whatever a year. Is it possible for these mRNA vaccines to supercharge your immune system to fight off more than just covid, or just weird coincidence?
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 09:53 AM   #670
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not just you, I haven't been sick in a LONG time. Got my COVID booster a month ago, this time there was absolutely no reaction to it - all the previous times I've had insane chills and muscle aches. Feels like it's been forever since I was actually sick; never had COVID either. I do get around eight hours a sleep a night as well and supplement daily with vitamin C and other things, so maybe that has something to do with it too.
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2023, 10:22 AM   #671
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I generally stopped getting sick when I stopped going to clubs and bars. Didn't really think about germ transfer back then going out, but now its very obvious. I haven't gotten sick in years with a cold or flu, the COVID vaccines made minced meat out of any symptoms for me (I just lost my taste for a couple of days), and the regular vaccines have been protecting me all along with no issues (thanks, DTAP and friends!)

The miracle of science mixed with getting older and staying home more, fountain of health
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 12:22 PM   #672
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

^ I think also correlated with that is getting more sleep. I find if I keep up on sleep I'm way less susceptible to get everything the kids bring in the door.
Bill Bumface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 12:26 PM   #673
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
I love how people complain about access and wait times, yet don't do the system any favors when it comes to keeping their own butts out of hospitals and clinics.

Not getting vaccinated does not help that situation. Yet people still refuse because they feel like they're 'a step ahead' of evil big pharma. And yet big business takes advantage of consumers in all nooks and crannies of a capitalist system.

And the premier isn't making matters easier by muddying the messaging because her conspiratorial beliefs must be coded into her governance even if she doesn't verbalize her crappy takes directly.

It's a perpetuating mess.
The UCP doesn't seem to understand that reducing overall vaccine rates is more likely to kill off a larger proportion of their supporters than their opponents.
D as in David is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to D as in David For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2023, 12:33 PM   #674
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D as in David View Post
The UCP doesn't seem to understand that reducing overall vaccine rates is more likely to kill off a larger proportion of their supporters than their opponents.
Like what has happened in the States with Republicans.
Old 12-27-2023, 02:56 PM   #675
pylon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I totally believe your neighbour’s story and think we should draw conclusions based on their make believe anecdote.

Hey, I bought in and got my first 3 shots... and got a totally awesome case of A-fib for the rest of my frickin life. Not one doctor would sign off on the vaccine injury program... yet one actually 'quietly' advised against me taking future MrNA vaccines as in "I'm not saying get them, and I'm also not saying don't..." wink, wink. As she has seen an alarming uptick in A-fib and Myocarditis amongst her patients. But it's totally unrelated, right?

All the while, every single person I know that died of Covid (6 people) was double, triple+++ vaxxed. Not a single un-vaxxed person I know died. Not one. And I know quite a few people that aren't. And I berated and belittled those people for not following the mob that was jerking off to Stephen Colbert dancing around with people in needle costumes like some sort of Nazi propaganda newsreel.

I caught Covid a couple months ago, was sicker than I've ever been in my life, and I was down for 2 weeks. I'm in good health, exercise regularly and eat right. My wife's hard drinking, no-sleeping, pack-a-day party hardy 42 year old friend who has never seen the inside of a gym her entire life and likely caught it from me... got over it in 2 days with no more than the sniffles.

My parents who are on shot 67 or 68 (sorry, I've lost count), have it now, and I'm waiting for the call I am going to have to take them to the ER. My mother should be in the hospital now after she waited 21 hours on Christmas day to see a doctor at the South Health Campus... instead they sent a 77 year old woman with asthma and a blood oxygen level of 73% home with an oxygen tank and medicine because "We're out of beds, you live close and your 83 year old husband can drive if you get in real trouble, ie start suffocating to death..." Now he has it and is panicking because he doesn't want to not be able to take care of his wife. The system is fully broken. Private/Two tier health care can't come soon enough. I'd rather overpay out of pocket for quality care, than settle for this garbage care.

There is a reason a lot of people have jumped sides on this. Anecdotal evidence, is still someone's reality. Almost everything thing I personally have seen, adds up to taking the shot was at minimum useless, and at worst more harmful to my heath than just letting nature take its course. I would likely be far better off had I avoided the shots altogether. But I'll never know for sure, as the majority of doctors you even suggest you got injured by the vaccine to, looks at you like a tinfoil hat lunatic at worst, or outright gaslights you at best.

I bought in, and I regret my purchase, as do a lot of people. Does it mean I want to blockade the Nations capital, and have Theresa Tam tried for crimes against humanity.... no. But If I had the 88 MPH DeLorean, I'd go back to 2021, and politely decline.

I buckled into the peer pressure against my instincts and to my own detriment. Never again.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2023, 03:12 PM   #676
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
Hey, I bought in and got my first 3 shots... and got a totally awesome case of A-fib for the rest of my frickin life. Not one doctor would sign off on the vaccine injury program... yet one actually 'quietly' advised against me taking future MrNA vaccines as in "I'm not saying get them, and I'm also not saying don't..." wink, wink. As she has seen an alarming uptick in A-fib and Myocarditis amongst her patients. But it's totally unrelated, right?

All the while, every single person I know that died of Covid (6 people) was double, triple+++ vaxxed. Not a single un-vaxxed person I know died. Not one. And I know quite a few people that aren't. And I berated and belittled those people for not following the mob that was jerking off to Stephen Colbert dancing around with people in needle costumes like some sort of Nazi propaganda newsreel.

I caught Covid a couple months ago, was sicker than I've ever been in my life, and I was down for 2 weeks. I'm in good health, exercise regularly and eat right. My wife's hard drinking, no-sleeping, pack-a-day party hardy 42 year old friend who has never seen the inside of a gym her entire life and likely caught it from me... got over it in 2 days with no more than the sniffles.

My parents who are on shot 67 or 68 (sorry, I've lost count), have it now, and I'm waiting for the call I am going to have to take them to the ER. My mother should be in the hospital now after she waited 21 hours on Christmas day to see a doctor at the South Health Campus... instead they sent a 77 year old woman with asthma and a blood oxygen level of 73% home with an oxygen tank and medicine because "We're out of beds, you live close and your 83 year old husband can drive if you get in real trouble, ie start suffocating to death..." Now he has it and is panicking because he doesn't want to not be able to take care of his wife. The system is fully broken. Private/Two tier health care can't come soon enough. I'd rather overpay out of pocket for quality care, than settle for this garbage care.

There is a reason a lot of people have jumped sides on this. Anecdotal evidence, is still someone's reality. Almost everything thing I personally have seen, adds up to taking the shot was at minimum useless, and at worst more harmful to my heath than just letting nature take its course. I would likely be far better off had I avoided the shots altogether. But I'll never know for sure, as the majority of doctors you even suggest you got injured by the vaccine to, looks at you like a tinfoil hat lunatic at worst, or outright gaslights you at best.

I bought in, and I regret my purchase, as do a lot of people. Does it mean I want to blockade the Nations capital, and have Theresa Tam tried for crimes against humanity.... no. But If I had the 88 MPH DeLorean, I'd go back to 2021, and politely decline.

I buckled into the peer pressure against my instincts and to my own detriment. Never again.
Seems you have convinced yourself of a lot of stuff, but the bolded bit has to be the worst of it. Really a FYGM attitude. How about if you do so well in life you advocate for higher taxes so we can pay for high quality public services? Maybe vote for governments that want that? Or are those of us who aren't as fortunate just supposed to suffer more, so you can buy your way to good healthcare?
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2023, 03:37 PM   #677
pylon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Seems you have convinced yourself of a lot of stuff, but the bolded bit has to be the worst of it. Really a FYGM attitude. How about if you do so well in life you advocate for higher taxes so we can pay for high quality public services? Maybe vote for governments that want that? Or are those of us who aren't as fortunate just supposed to suffer more, so you can buy your way to good healthcare?
I have quite a few relatives south of the border and they don't run into the same issues we see here... ever.

Example, my dad's brother in Seattle went in for a routine checkup, doctor heard something off in his heart. He had a couple block arteries was in for a double bypass in 48 hours.

My dad had an aneurysm on his aorta, should have had surgery immediately, and waited 4 months. They only 'miraculously' got him in 2 days after my mother asked for all his charts and info as they were getting on an airplane and heading to Arizona to pay out of pocket to save his life.... as he was running out of time and hope. That is not sustainable.

With what most people would save in taxes, they would be able to more than afford insurance for care. For everyone else below that thresh hold, we need to figure it out, yes, I agree. But as it sits, higher taxes is not the answer.

I believe universal health care should be a right, but I also believe if you have the money to pay, there should be a system in place to accommodate you that doesn't involve getting on an airplane and going to another country. At least it keeps those 'greedy' doctors in Canada (if you don't know any personally, I can assure you, the majority aren't in it for the altruism.) and have the space available for people willing to jump to the second tier, and free up space in the public tier.

I don't even care about the taxes, keep them the same, and let me pay for luxury care should I wish to. Millions of people would do the same. And that will clear log jams in the public system and improve wait times for those that don't want to pay above and beyond. The caveat would be, you can't jump systems. You are in one, or the other with the exception of true emergency care.(Car accidents/heart attacks/my arm got chopped off etc, etc....)

If you are happy with the current cruddy system, great. If you aren't you should have options IMHO.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2023, 03:51 PM   #678
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

I caught covid twice a few months after taking boosters. The first time messed me up that it still impacts me today. Second time wasn't as bad but I had some issues a few weeks later.

I don't buy the vaccine injury story unless someone posts a video of them shaking uncontrollably.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paulie Walnuts For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2023, 05:11 PM   #679
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
I have quite a few relatives south of the border and they don't run into the same issues we see here... ever.

Example, my dad's brother in Seattle went in for a routine checkup, doctor heard something off in his heart. He had a couple block arteries was in for a double bypass in 48 hours.

My dad had an aneurysm on his aorta, should have had surgery immediately, and waited 4 months. They only 'miraculously' got him in 2 days after my mother asked for all his charts and info as they were getting on an airplane and heading to Arizona to pay out of pocket to save his life.... as he was running out of time and hope. That is not sustainable.

With what most people would save in taxes, they would be able to more than afford insurance for care. For everyone else below that thresh hold, we need to figure it out, yes, I agree. But as it sits, higher taxes is not the answer.

I believe universal health care should be a right, but I also believe if you have the money to pay, there should be a system in place to accommodate you that doesn't involve getting on an airplane and going to another country. At least it keeps those 'greedy' doctors in Canada (if you don't know any personally, I can assure you, the majority aren't in it for the altruism.) and have the space available for people willing to jump to the second tier, and free up space in the public tier.

I don't even care about the taxes, keep them the same, and let me pay for luxury care should I wish to. Millions of people would do the same. And that will clear log jams in the public system and improve wait times for those that don't want to pay above and beyond. The caveat would be, you can't jump systems. You are in one, or the other with the exception of true emergency care.(Car accidents/heart attacks/my arm got chopped off etc, etc....)

If you are happy with the current cruddy system, great. If you aren't you should have options IMHO.
Of course I'm not happy, which is why I try to convince anyone with ears to stop voting for the same #### over and over and over. Oh look, it's getting worse! Better put the muppets back in charge to finally fix what they say they will for decades. How's that working out?

Also, your last paragraph is fantasy that has been dispelled thousands of times. I'm not going to repeat why if you somehow still think it would work.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 05:52 PM   #680
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
I generally stopped getting sick when I stopped going to clubs and bars. Didn't really think about germ transfer back then going out, but now its very obvious. I haven't gotten sick in years with a cold or flu, the COVID vaccines made minced meat out of any symptoms for me (I just lost my taste for a couple of days), and the regular vaccines have been protecting me all along with no issues (thanks, DTAP and friends!)

The miracle of science mixed with getting older and staying home more, fountain of health
Just think of all the money you saved by not going to clubs and bars