Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2020, 01:20 PM   #1081
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's personal preference. However, the two popular "standards" are the Razer Death Adder and the Logitech G502. The new Razer Basilisk Ultimate is a clone of the G502. The Naga that DoubleK is offering - which I own a wireless version of - has a similar feel in some ways to the G502 but doesn't have the thumbrest - it has a bunch of buttons on the side that I find useful for things like Divinity Original Sin (and eventually the new Baldur's Gate).

I think if i were recommending a mouse to someone and they didn't care about the price, it'd be the Basilisk Ultimate, because I think it's likely to be most comfortable for most people for most gaming situations (hence why the G502 is so popular), but it just feels a bit more premium to use than the Logitech.

However, Logitech mice are generally more burly and can be found for cheaper. So if money is an object, just get a G502 wired, which is $50 on Amazon. If you're bargain hunting and need a wireless mouse, get a G602 Wireless. The G602 is often on sale for peanuts, is a good mouse for any non-competitive gamer, is quite comfortable and really burly. I use mine a lot. It doesn't have a high max DPI but few people really use that anyway.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2020, 02:34 PM   #1082
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I busted out the old logitech G3 and I actually kind of dig the size. It seems to work ok but I want to be a whore and have Chrome effects. Yep, I'm that guy right now.,
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 09:31 AM   #1083
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
ok so I'm slightly allowing myself to get back into PC gaming. I want to get a gaming mouse that isn't saturated with buttons, and has a scroll wheel. Is this just something I'll have to get right with trial and error? I can't just go into stores like memory express now or BB to see how they feel in hand. Any Razer mice anyone here would suggest? Going to have to stick with Razer here.
FYI I was a Best Buy on Friday and you can't go into the store. They bring you what you want and you pay in the vestibule. So there is no trying things out at Best Buy right now.

This page some some reviews.
https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-gaming-mouse/
https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/be...-gaming-mouse/

I have the Logitech G502 and really like it. The Razer Death Adder is nice and simple. I have used both and prefer the G502. Both are good if you have large hands.
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 12:05 PM   #1084
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

I've had the Logitech G502 for several years now and it's the best mouse I've ever owned. I went through several Razers before getting this one, when it eventually dies I'm just gonna grab another G502
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 01:51 PM   #1085
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another vote for the Logitech G502, huge fan of being able to adjust the weights in the mouse base.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 08:46 PM   #1086
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a Corsair Ironclaw and I love it, one of the only mice that fits my hand well
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:55 PM   #1087
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are all mechanical keyboards really sensitive and not geared well for day to day typing? Or just this huntsman te?
Old 04-14-2020, 06:23 AM   #1088
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Depends on the switches but my Corsair with Cherry MX Red switches is fine. I googled your keyboard and it auto filled “too sensitive” so I’m guessing it’s a common problem.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2020, 09:58 AM   #1089
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

It depends on your typing style too. I have a Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 equipped with Cherry MX Silent Red switches. I can touch type, so having switches with tactile feedback isn't necessary for me to type on it properly.
Old 04-14-2020, 11:29 AM   #1090
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
It depends on your typing style too. I have a Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 equipped with Cherry MX Silent Red switches. I can touch type, so having switches with tactile feedback isn't necessary for me to type on it properly.
i dont necessarily need the tactile response of a click, but, the sensitivity is on this TE is insane.

I love the mechanical keys tho, after using them I don't want membrane. I know it's hard to make a recommendation but what would you recommend, or anyone, for a mechanical keyboard that isn't ultra sensitive and can be ok for typing, but also doesnt have too many any side buttons. And has pretty RGB lol.

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX71787

Saw that... I was trying to reverse search by switch type.

Last edited by White Out 403; 04-14-2020 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-14-2020, 12:14 PM   #1091
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Blues and browns are generally popular for typing on. But at the end of the day it's entirely personal preference. I type great on my Razer Blackwidow.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 12:39 PM   #1092
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love the feel and the build of this huntsman but its like I've had a couple drinks before I type with all the errors. Totally get it about personal preference though, hard to recommend.
Old 04-14-2020, 01:16 PM   #1093
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

I think the Logitech G203 is a great gaming mouse - and I like how small it is. Only $30. Reviews always place it higher than many much more expensive ones.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 05:46 PM   #1094
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I love the feel and the build of this huntsman but its like I've had a couple drinks before I type with all the errors.
"Are you day-drunk?"
"No, my keyboard is really sensitive."

Spoiler: He's also day-drunk. WFH for the win.
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2020, 08:48 PM   #1095
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Logitech g pro keyboard with click keys. Typing is a bit easier but what a racket. I'll deal with the typos on the huntsman. Taking back the Logitech.

edit it seems im actually kind of getting used to it and this may become my new normal. oops. work typing will seem like dragging boulders now.

Last edited by White Out 403; 04-14-2020 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-14-2020, 11:53 PM   #1096
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Logitech g pro keyboard with click keys. Typing is a bit easier but what a racket. I'll deal with the typos on the huntsman. Taking back the Logitech.

edit it seems im actually kind of getting used to it and this may become my new normal. oops. work typing will seem like dragging boulders now.
It also makes everything you're typing seem super important.

...I'm currently working on a spec'ing a new custom build for myself, and the Logitech G915 looks like the keyboard of choice for me alongside the Logitech Pro Wireless mouse.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 02:54 PM   #1097
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Settled on the Razer Lancehead wireless as my mouse

It seems like Razer gets a lot of hate online but I think this huntsman keyboard is about as quality a board as ive ever used in my life. THe mouse is ok, its the size I like. Not too tall//high
Old 04-19-2020, 12:09 PM   #1098
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

This may be the wrong place to ask this, but it probably doesn't need its own thread.
In my line of work, I use the delete key a lot. I'm right handed, so the mouse is in my hand; it's incredibly taxing to constantly have to reach over my keyboard with my left arm to hit delete.
I'm wondering if there's some kind of programmable switch or key that can plug in via usb that I can use as a delete key.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 12:23 PM   #1099
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
This may be the wrong place to ask this, but it probably doesn't need its own thread.
In my line of work, I use the delete key a lot. I'm right handed, so the mouse is in my hand; it's incredibly taxing to constantly have to reach over my keyboard with my left arm to hit delete.
I'm wondering if there's some kind of programmable switch or key that can plug in via usb that I can use as a delete key.

Sure, just Google "USB Single Key" to find them, but first I would try hitting Ctrl-X instead. Or download a macro program to designate a function key or something as a secondary delete key.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2020, 12:35 PM   #1100
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

You could just use a key remapper:

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-remap-your-keyboard

Pick something on the left side that you don't use much.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: