Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 04:49 PM   #5521
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, whomever he is he must have a lot of trouble buying pants to fit over what must be a massive quads.....can't believe that you can't drill down in Strava to find out who this beast is
Old 08-06-2017, 05:23 PM   #5522
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by worth View Post
Who is the guy in our Strava club that has done 6,500m climbing this week? I don't even do that much climbing in a month.
Looks like BurningYears
Old 08-06-2017, 11:43 PM   #5523
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
CP Group Ride August 19 if anyone is interested, details to follow:

https://www.strava.com/clubs/189060/discussion
Sweet, just joined the CP cycling club but I'm not sure I could keep up with any of you. I mainly just do commuting around the city and the_only_turek_fan easily out-rode me at the Ride to Conquer Cancer three years ago

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 08-06-2017 at 11:52 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:50 PM   #5524
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Sounds like a bottom bracket to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
Stand up and pedal if the noise doesn't happen. Tighten up your seat.
Seems to have gone away after a week and after I sandwiched two layers of chain into my front de-railleur during a shift. The idiots at the factory who put it together mounted the front de-railleur with an 8mm+ gap between it and the big chainset.

I had the rear cassette and chain swapped to 11-32t at Cycle Path McLeod and I'm slightly disappointed they didn't catch or test this during the swap. I was on 52nd and Memorial and fortunately I was able to cruise into a parking lot while the pedals were seized and disassembled the front mech myself and then got going again. Seems to have fixed all the other phantom problems somehow and shifting is buttery smooth with the proper 2mm gap now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2017, 09:03 AM   #5525
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

As long as you have a road bike and are comfortable doing 40 or 50 km in one ride I think you should be fine Hack. It's not a race, just a friendly get together ride.
The Following User Says Thank You to worth For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2017, 10:35 AM   #5526
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Darn, can't make that date.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:34 PM   #5527
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Who is the guy in our Strava club that has done 6,500m climbing this week? I don't even do that much climbing in a month.
It says he did something called the Woodridge Ripper Climb recently?
Old 08-07-2017, 03:35 PM   #5528
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I joined the CP strava group. I'm hoping it will help me be a bit more committed to getting out and riding. It seems like a pretty cool app. Logging the first ride was fun, new personal record on every section!
The Following User Says Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2017, 03:47 PM   #5529
tete
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Took our daughter out on the cycle track/pathways to St. Patrick's island today. She's still on training wheels and nearly bit it into the river a couple times at the underpasses, but man, she did well. Poor thing broke down in tears 3 blocks from home, but in total, we did 10 K. She's enrolled in Pedalheads at the end of the month, hopefully that'll improve her turning and stopping skills (and get her off the training wheels)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tete For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2017, 03:53 PM   #5530
the_only_turek_fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Yup. Friendly ride on the 19th followed by beverages.

You should come Jeremy.

PS, PM your number.
The Following User Says Thank You to the_only_turek_fan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2017, 03:55 PM   #5531
the_only_turek_fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The stretch on 1A between Exshaw and Morley is some of the best riding I have ever seen.

Pretty flat and unbelievable scenery.
The Following User Says Thank You to the_only_turek_fan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2017, 05:11 PM   #5532
flamesfan1297
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan1297 View Post
Anyone else have issues with Strava sometimes? My last ride it said my time was 12 minutes long, but it was more like an hour, which made me average speed be 78 MPH. The distance was correct though.
Figured it out. It was because I had my phone on a battery saving mode which wouldn't let strava run in the background, but only when I looked at it. My times and speeds will be accurate again! No more ridiculous fast times

Halloween candy is horrifying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
"Putting nets on puck."

- Ferland 2016
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flamesfan1297 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2017, 08:24 PM   #5533
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fished up my weekend in revelstoke today by riding keystone standard basin. What's test. This trail is very hard. Unbelievable views in places. Trail is dry and dusty except for places where it is wet, and snow in one section.

Also had my first catastrophic mechanical as we were leaving the cabin, my rear cassette melted down and pedalling would not move my bike toward, so I pushed and rode down some of the downhills - 11k of fun times. I'd have to imagine I have the slowest time on Strava....big thanks to Matt Yaki at wandering wheels for taking me around for the weekend.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:43 PM   #5534
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
Also had my first catastrophic mechanical as we were leaving the cabin, my rear cassette melted down and pedalling would not move my bike toward, so I pushed and rode down some of the downhills - 11k of fun times.
Ahhhh saw that on the FB mountain bike group. Sorry about your luck this weekend!
Old 08-08-2017, 09:13 AM   #5535
BurningYears
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
Looks like BurningYears

Lol while I did ride a lot I wasn't sure my Garmin was working so I ran Strava straight up on my iPhone as well as got to ride top of the world at whistler so there are some chair/gondola rides in there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2017, 09:16 AM   #5536
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Almost got nailed by a minivan on the way in to work... I'm only actually riding on the street for twelve blocks, and even that's enough for near death experiences apparently.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 08-08-2017, 04:40 PM   #5537
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I should note that all of my climbing was legit as I was riding, or pushing my bike in revy.....on my way home this morning I dropped my rig off at Cyclepath. I am assuming it will be at last $400 to fix this as I am assuming the rear hub is pooched.....hopefully I can have it back in a day or two as I on vacation for two more weeks and I want to get out to ride some more.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:07 PM   #5538
Flacker
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I should note that all of my climbing was legit as I was riding, or pushing my bike in revy.....on my way home this morning I dropped my rig off at Cyclepath. I am assuming it will be at last $400 to fix this as I am assuming the rear hub is pooched.....hopefully I can have it back in a day or two as I on vacation for two more weeks and I want to get out to ride some more.
Is this on the Thunderbolt?
Old 08-08-2017, 08:27 PM   #5539
macker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

If you got the bike within the last year this should be covered. I have had freehubs go on two bikes within the first year and both covered, otherwise $300 to $400 easily.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:17 PM   #5540
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ yes, this was s my thunderbolt - I love this bike, but it tests my patience. Be is a little more than a year old. I feel I have a very good relations with Cyclepath, and I am optimistic that they can do something to ease my pain