Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2022, 01:35 AM   #1821
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
I'd have to re-watch bad batch, because I can't remember if directly said. But you'd think a part of the empire is afraid of how easy it was for them to have the Clones turn on the Republic and Jedi, and fear that someone could do that to them.

Obviously the droid armies had reliability issues, and were probably exposed to the same weakness of programable betrayal.

Brainwash some humans, that's gonna take time to undo, can't just turn a whole army against their current leadership all at once.
The Clones didn't betray the republic, and their loyalty was to the seated Commander and Chief of the Grand Army of the Republic who was Palpatine.

The chips were there to ensure that when the time came for Order 66 to be enacted that there would be no betrayal of the Republic, or the government by Clones who might refuse to follow the lawful order of the Chancellor, which we saw was a possibility.

When the chip was activated it basically lobotomized the Soldiers and made them like living droids who would only obey the commands of the Republic turned to Empire's lawful orders.

That's why you saw the clones as changed in the bad batch. They lost their ability to question orders, and they became more vicious and single minded.

The only reason why Palpatine had to worry was because the rest of the orders that were programmed into them.

So for example there was order 65

Quote:
In the event of either (i) a majority in the Senate declaring the Supreme Commander (Chancellor) to be unfit to issue orders, or (ii) the Security Council declaring him to be unfit to issue orders, and an authenticated order being received by the GAR, commanders shall be authorized to detain the Supreme Commander, with lethal force if necessary, and command of the GAR shall fall to the acting Chancellor until a successor is appointed or alternative authority identified as outlined in Section 6 (iv).
However after the events of Order 66, the Senate could no longer declare Palpatine as unfit and issue the command for the detainment of the Supreme Chancellor, because the Senate after the rise of the Empire could no longer submit decrees or laws. They could somewhat debate and rubber stamp decrees and laws submitted by Palpatine but had no other authority beyond enacting Palpatine's laws and orders in their home sectors.

But Palpatine didn't neccessarily trust the clones, he felt that there was a chance that they were contaminated by the Jedi and might hold some loyalty to their former Jedi Generals.

But the interesting thing is that the chip probably wasn't needed by the time the war wound down. The Clones saw themselves as being commanded by inexperienced Generals who got a lot of them killed. Jedi like Krell and others saw the Clones as slaves and robots good for only fighting and dying. I'm pretty sure that if a story came down from Palpatine about the betrayal of the Jedi and enacted Order 66 that a lot of the clones would have no problem executing their Jedi Generals.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 08:26 AM   #1822
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
The Clones didn't betray the republic, and their loyalty was to the seated Commander and Chief of the Grand Army of the Republic who was Palpatine.

The chips were there to ensure that when the time came for Order 66 to be enacted that there would be no betrayal of the Republic, or the government by Clones who might refuse to follow the lawful order of the Chancellor, which we saw was a possibility.

When the chip was activated it basically lobotomized the Soldiers and made them like living droids who would only obey the commands of the Republic turned to Empire's lawful orders.

That's why you saw the clones as changed in the bad batch. They lost their ability to question orders, and they became more vicious and single minded.

The only reason why Palpatine had to worry was because the rest of the orders that were programmed into them.

So for example there was order 65

However after the events of Order 66, the Senate could no longer declare Palpatine as unfit and issue the command for the detainment of the Supreme Chancellor, because the Senate after the rise of the Empire could no longer submit decrees or laws. They could somewhat debate and rubber stamp decrees and laws submitted by Palpatine but had no other authority beyond enacting Palpatine's laws and orders in their home sectors.

But Palpatine didn't neccessarily trust the clones, he felt that there was a chance that they were contaminated by the Jedi and might hold some loyalty to their former Jedi Generals.

But the interesting thing is that the chip probably wasn't needed by the time the war wound down. The Clones saw themselves as being commanded by inexperienced Generals who got a lot of them killed. Jedi like Krell and others saw the Clones as slaves and robots good for only fighting and dying. I'm pretty sure that if a story came down from Palpatine about the betrayal of the Jedi and enacted Order 66 that a lot of the clones would have no problem executing their Jedi Generals.
I think we just said the same think, but you added a bunch of unwanted details. You should probably try your hand a writing a 21st century Star Wars movie.

The Emperor feared the clones being used on him the way he used them on others, because they were programable.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 08:15 PM   #1823
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
I think we just said the same think, but you added a bunch of unwanted details. You should probably try your hand a writing a 21st century Star Wars movie.

The Emperor feared the clones being used on him the way he used them on others, because they were programable.
I for one enjoy the elaborate detail and explanations of the SW universe that CaptainCrunch does, as it's very detailed and knowledgable.

Agreed he could probably be working in the field.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to calgarywinning For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2022, 10:28 PM   #1824
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

give me new andor
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 03:17 PM   #1825
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yet another solid episode this week.

Just one episode left in this season unfortunately.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 10:45 AM   #1826
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

The space sequence:

Spoiler!
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2022, 11:51 AM   #1827
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really good episode again.

One nitpick - interesting lightsaber-style weapon on his ship, but I feel like this was unnecessary though and kind of a cheat. It ruins things by making you question why it hasn’t been utilized before in space battles. Much like using the hyperdrive as a weapon against star destroyers. Like, oh this was possible all along?
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 12:18 PM   #1828
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post

One nitpick - interesting lightsaber-style weapon on his ship, but I feel like this was unnecessary though and kind of a cheat. It ruins things by making you question why it hasn’t been utilized before in space battles. Much like using the hyperdrive as a weapon against star destroyers. Like, oh this was possible all along?
I feel like they are trying to give us the impression that Luthen has some serious SPACEBUX. The blinged out ship, running the antiques shop as a front, giving Andor that Kyber crystal earlier in the show. So perhaps that laser/beam weapon is ridiculously expensive versus the laser cannons/blasters we see in the universe mainly. But he spared no expense for his sweet ride.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2022, 01:18 PM   #1829
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, which is why I don't think Luthen is a Jedi, among other things, too much money behind him.
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 02:15 PM   #1830
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
Yeah, which is why I don't think Luthen is a Jedi, among other things, too much money behind him.

Speaking of which, was that a lightsaber that nearly got confiscated when he went to Saw?
Old 11-17-2022, 02:30 PM   #1831
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Speaking of which, was that a lightsaber that nearly got confiscated when he went to Saw?
Yeah, I was wondering about that too. First hint that theory could have legs. But I think it's totally possible that if it was Luthen is using it as part of a disguise or a ruse.
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 02:32 PM   #1832
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Star Wars

Quote:
Yeah, I was wondering about that too. First hint that theory could have legs. But I think it's totally possible that if it was Luthen is using it as part of a disguise or a ruse.

I suppose technically there is no reason why he couldn’t possess one and use it even as a non-Jedi. Weird that he’d carry it with him.
Old 11-17-2022, 02:38 PM   #1833
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nah, he was carrying a red herring.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2022, 02:40 PM   #1834
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Nah, he was carrying a red herring.
Its what was inside Jules' briefcase.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 02:41 PM   #1835
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

It looked more like a telescope or something like that to me, but it could certainly have a lightsaber hiding inside (just like his ship).
Old 11-17-2022, 02:42 PM   #1836
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Its what was inside Jules' briefcase.
No, that was a MacGuffin. Similar but different.
Old 11-17-2022, 02:46 PM   #1837
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I thought that space sequence was really cool, even the silly lightsaber part. Luthen really is an interesting character.
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 03:28 PM   #1838
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

but maybe that's how he got his money.... jedi mind tricks + sabacc = $$$$
Old 11-17-2022, 05:43 PM   #1839
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Life Day already!

https://twitter.com/user/status/1593395507358879744
Old 11-18-2022, 11:14 AM   #1840
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

If it's basically like a giant lightsabre it seems reasonable to me you'd need a couple of giant khyber crystals to make it, and even the little ones are super rare/expensive (as previously discussed in this show). So it seems plausible that while that weapon was "known" it isn't generally practical.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote