Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 01:00 AM   #13521
UKflames
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
Are you high? Lol. He was a mediocre player as a D+2 in the OHL, played in the swedish third league and wasn't even a ppg, and not even a top 5 player in the english league. Total waste of a contract spot.
To say he was not a top 5 player in the English league, which is chock full of imports who get a lot of the ice time, is a bad take. The kid has wheels and a great shot, plus he held his own in the OHL. Certainly not a waste of a contract spot, but hey I might be biased
Old 06-16-2021, 07:38 AM   #13522
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

LeBrun from The Athletic this morning (re: Eichel):

"Nobody said the Stanley Cup playoffs had to be over before Jack Eichel potentially gets moved.

And while I’m not saying the star center will get traded before the end of the playoffs, what I’m hearing is that conversations between the Buffalo Sabres and other interested teams are getting more intense and serious.

Teams I believe make sense: Los Angeles, Minnesota, Anaheim, Columbus, Philadelphia and the Rangers, among others.

The Kings want to make a splashy move for a top-6 forward, the Wild could use another top center, and the Jackets (who have three first-round picks this year) of course really, really need a No. 1 center."

https://theathletic.com/2655206/2021...carousel-news/

Kings out? Don't think so.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2021, 08:26 AM   #13523
Rick M.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I wonder if the Flames are part of the “among others”?
Old 06-16-2021, 08:27 AM   #13524
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

No mention of Flames. Lebrun usually has some inside info on them.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:30 AM   #13525
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

We’re gonna run it back, aren’t we.

Zary and Pelletier are gonna be the big additions.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:30 AM   #13526
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Minnesota is gonna push hard for Eichel.

When you can have the success they had without a top notch center, gotta think you’re going for someone like Eichel. I think they go for Eichel first, and if they can’t work something out, they can acquire Kuznetsov for cheap based on his cap hit and other factors.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:36 AM   #13527
the_only_turek_fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post

"Nobody said the Stanley Cup playoffs had to be over before Jack Eichel potentially gets moved.

And while I’m not saying the star center will get traded before the end of the playoffs, what I’m hearing is that conversations between the Buffalo Sabres and other interested teams are getting more intense and serious.

Teams I believe make sense: Los Angeles, Minnesota, Anaheim, Columbus, Philadelphia and the Rangers, among others.

The Kings want to make a splashy move for a top-6 forward, the Wild could use another top center, and the Jackets (who have three first-round picks this year) of course really, really need a No. 1 center."

My bet is Anaheim with Trevor Zegras + going back.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:41 AM   #13528
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Interesting waffle though - “teams I think make sense”. The earlier reporting was “Kings are out”. The two can actually live together. Kings may be out notwithstanding LeBrun thinks they make sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2021, 08:41 AM   #13529
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_only_turek_fan View Post
My bet is Anaheim with Trevor Zegras + going back.
I would do everything in my will power to not trade Drysdale or Zegras if I was Anaheim.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:43 AM   #13530
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Interesting waffle though - “teams I think make sense”. The earlier reporting was “Kings are out”. The two can actually live together. Kings may be out notwithstanding LeBrun thinks they make sense.
I guess, but if it were public knowledge that the Kings were out, why even bother mentioning them? Even if he thinks they make sense.

Again, I don't think they're out. I think they move Byfield.
The Following User Says Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2021, 08:46 AM   #13531
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I was in charge of the Sabres, I would target Anaheim for sure. Imagine if they could get Drysdale, Zergas and a first rounder. I would LOVE for the ducks to give up that and more for Eichel only to have him retire or something.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:51 AM   #13532
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

At this point I think Byfield would have to be 1 for 1, and even then I'm not sure I love it for the Kings.

I still think CBJ makes the most sense. They are one of a few teams in the league that could justify squandering a year while he recovers.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:54 AM   #13533
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I guess, but if it were public knowledge that the Kings were out, why even bother mentioning them? Even if he thinks they make sense.

Why mention them? Pundits do this all the time. Causes clicks, and sometimes even helps a player or his agent.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:01 AM   #13534
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
At this point I think Byfield would have to be 1 for 1, and even then I'm not sure I love it for the Kings.

I still think CBJ makes the most sense. They are one of a few teams in the league that could justify squandering a year while he recovers.
I agree with teams like LA or Anaheim not willing to give up their top prospects for Eichel. Anaheim at this point of their rebuild can’t be trading zegras or drysdale for Eichel

LA probably could trade byfield but IMO teams might hestitate to trade these guys. Kings do have kaliyev turcotte fagemo Faber. Seems like la could load up Buffalo and not trade both turcotte and byfield. They could include their first too

I do think other teams that are more desperate like columbus who has 3 firsts over paying then LA though. LA is set up to be very good very quickly if they wait 1 more year
Old 06-16-2021, 09:15 AM   #13535
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just don’t think Buffalo wants prospects. I think they want a name player.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:29 AM   #13536
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:

Because they do make sense and he has to write things to pay bills?
Old 06-16-2021, 09:38 AM   #13537
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can’t see Anaheim moving Zegras or Drysdale. And I agree the Sabres want at least one established veteran, ideally a centre or RD, coming back - they’re desperate to make the playoffs next season.

The Ducks could offer something like:

Manson (RD)
Dostal (top goalie prospect)
#3 OA pick
Old 06-16-2021, 09:51 AM   #13538
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
I can’t see Anaheim moving Zegras or Drysdale. And I agree the Sabres want at least one established veteran, ideally a centre or RD, coming back - they’re desperate to make the playoffs next season.

The Ducks could offer something like:

Manson (RD)
Dostal (top goalie prospect)
#3 OA pick
I know Buffalo is handcuffed on the trade now that Eichel has said hes not going back and Buffalo basically confirmed it.

But the offer above is terrible imo, I think there'd be way better offers out there for a Franchise/#1 Center in his prime.

I'm sure the Duck's would love to only give that up but I cant foresee Buffalo accepting it.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:55 AM   #13539
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post

I just can’t see LA moving Byfield. No way. He’s younger, no health issues, will be on his ELC, and has a very, very high ceiling. He’s a core piece for everything they’re building in LA, and I can’t imagine a well managed team making that trade (and I think the Kings are well managed).

CBJ is also on the ground floor of a rebuild, and Eichel has made it pretty clear he doesn’t want to keep missing the playoffs. So while they may do it, I just can’t see Jack being happy there - especially with Jones already not staying.

I think Calgary, Anaheim, New York (Rangers), and Minnesota all make an awful lot of sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2021, 10:00 AM   #13540
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
I know Buffalo is handcuffed on the trade now that Eichel has said hes not going back and Buffalo basically confirmed it.

But the offer above is terrible imo, I think there'd be way better offers out there for a Franchise/#1 Center in his prime.

I'm sure the Duck's would love to only give that up but I cant foresee Buffalo accepting it.
I just don’t see other teams giving up a top-six OA pick and an elite blue chip prospect.

And you might be underestimating Dostal. One site has him as the Duck’s #2 ranked prospect (ahead of Drysdale). The only reason he would even be available is because the Ducks already have a young elite goalie.
Closed Thread