Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2017, 06:34 PM   #21
Kipper_3434
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I done spelled bad. Not fixing it
Kipper_3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:36 PM   #22
TheFlamesVan
Retired

Exp:

Throw Johnny in for Hall while you're at it. I want a Flame who is a finisher and has a deep hatred of the Oilers for the next 10 years.
TheFlamesVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:38 PM   #23
Kipper_3434
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamesVan View Post
Throw Johnny in for Hall while you're at it. I want a Flame who is a finisher and has a deep hatred of the Oilers for the next 10 years.
Dude. No. Never. No. Nope. No. Not happening.
Kipper_3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:38 PM   #24
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Given that the original trade proposal appears to be premised on Treliving having compromising photos of Ray Shero and a prostitute, why give up Johnny? Stajan for Hall ought to do it.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 06:47 PM   #25
ToewsFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I would trade my 17th for Schneider. The guy is one of the most underrated goalies in the NHL. Definitely a keeper.
ToewsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:56 PM   #26
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper_3434 View Post
Dude. No. Never. No. Nope. No. Not happening.
I would trade Jonny for hall without much hesitation.

First of all, if Jonny isn't creating scoring chances, he's not doing anything. He literally brings one thing to the table & that's it. Offence. He's not going to win puck battles, he's not good on the wall, he can't hit, can't fight, can't take face offs. He's the Phil housley of our era.

Hall is a much more complete player and only one year older. Both players would probably welcome a trade closer to home anyway. Plus a motivated Taylor hall going against the Oilers 4-5 times a year would be amazing.

It's not like I don't like Jonny, it's because at some point I think it's highly likely he ends up back is the NE states. Might as well get on with it.
TOfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TOfan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 06:59 PM   #27
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Taylor Hall is not, and never will be, the kind of player you build championship teams around. He'd be useful as a supplement to an already high calibre core, but we aren't that team. Acquiring him would be a waste of time.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 07:03 PM   #28
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agulati View Post
I dont see the devils trading Schneider for a mid first round pick in a weak draft. The flames will definitely have to add.

It will be cheaper to trade for a goalie who is part of a tandem and expansion eligible.
The great myth of this draft is that it is weak. It's not. It just doesn't have as good as the top end as some of the recent drafts. Meaning there is no Eichel, Mathews, Liane, McDavid but there's not much separation between the mid range this year vs others.

There is no discernible difference between 17th last year vs this year.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:05 PM   #29
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

17th overall in a WEAK draft is going to get you one of the best goalies in the league.

Yeesh. Must be nice to live in your world.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:06 PM   #30
getoverit
Scoring Winger

Exp:

No brainer but in no world would that happen lol
getoverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:09 PM   #31
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Prett sure the OP means as part of a package.
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CalgaryFan1988 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 07:11 PM   #32
TheFlamesVan
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Taylor Hall is not, and never will be, the kind of player you build championship teams around. He'd be useful as a supplement to an already high calibre core, but we aren't that team. Acquiring him would be a waste of time.
Flames have exactly that core. I absolutely see him as a complementary piece.
TheFlamesVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:12 PM   #33
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Pure speculation. First sentence is total nonsense.

Isn't hall the third highest scoring LW behind only ovechkin & Benn over the last 3-4 years? Seems pretty elite to me.

If Jonny is not a offensive force, I'm not sure if you can even put him on he ice. The ducks have shown he can be nullified, and he has looked intimidated. He's not reacting, he's thinking too much & the ducks have gotten to him.

If I were Flames management I would be questioning if this what to expect moving forward.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:18 PM   #34
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

Long term goalie contracts are the riskiest. They can go from zero to hero and back again multiple times in their careers.

For a 17th overall and given the length and price of the contract, I'd probably do it but would be very reluctant just because of the term. A shorter term would make his contract more enticing IMHO.
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:24 PM   #35
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is Schneider seriously 31?
I still have this idea that he's a young goalie
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mass_nerder For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 07:24 PM   #36
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Yeah, I'd also trade it for Sidney Crosby. Treliving should get on that.
Forgot to laugh.
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:25 PM   #37
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOfan View Post
Let me put it this way: If the Oilers don't trade Hall, they aren't in the playoffs now. Trading Gaudreau for him would leave us a weaker team.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
V
Old 04-18-2017, 07:29 PM   #38
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Flames have exactly that core. I absolutely see him as a complementary piece.
Not at the expense of Gaudreau that would be an awful trade.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:39 PM   #39
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Let me put it this way: If the Oilers don't trade Hall, they aren't in the playoffs now. Trading Gaudreau for him would leave us a weaker team.
Again, you're first sentence is based on nothing. What else does your crystal ball have to say?

At least your second sentence provides an opinion.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:41 PM   #40
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOfan View Post

Isn't hall the third highest scoring LW behind only ovechkin & Benn over the last 3-4 years? Seems pretty elite to me.

If Jonny is not a offensive force, I'm not sure if you can even put him on he ice. The ducks have shown he can be nullified, and he has looked intimidated. He's not reacting, he's thinking too much & the ducks have gotten to him.

If I were Flames management I would be questioning if this what to expect moving forward.
This is the same Gaudreau who put up 9 Pts in 11 games his first go around... he has 2 through 3 this year which matches his first playoff pace. He had a step back year apparently but was on pace for his same totals from two years ago where he was a Calder finalist. Can't wait to see when Marner struggles for the first time just how leafs nation and their irrational media handle it; it will be hilarious no doubt. I love when fans of other teams come into this forum all high and mighty when their respective teams finally have something to gloat about cough Oilers cough Leafs. Pretty much every leafs fan rooted themselves out of it and are now saying they are 'shocking' the hockey world... it's Washington, this has happened before and getting down to it we lost all 3 1 goal games, could have easily gone the other way just like T.O. Being up 2-1 could easily have been a 3-0 deficit or lead for them. Perspective is something that is increasingly lacking in the sport from the fan and media bases sometimes, Calgary has played good - has in fact dominated at points of this series but when you look at the goals that lead to the demise.. it's just been u fortunate luck at the worst times.

Gaudreau is going no where and has proven to be a major piece to Calgarys already young but impressive core, to trade him would be to take a step back and there is no point to that.

I'm not counting us out yet, right now I know how the Kings felt before storming back against the sharks.

Boom goes the duckomite.
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote