Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2024, 08:42 AM   #3181
serratedmuffin
Backup Goalie

Exp:

At this point, I'd wager money at least 1 team in the top 10 is going to make a pick that's going to shock most people. I wouldn't be surprised if it was MTL, ARI, or UTAH. I wouldn't even be opposed to it if it was the Flames if they went for Hage, but I'll admit I'm bullish on him.
Old 05-15-2024, 08:52 AM   #3182
Rick M.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
Not a fan generally of trading any first round pick of the Flames, but would at doing so for Dawson.

I expect it would cost more than that, as many teams likely would jump at that.
Aren’t we trading Markstrom for Mercer?
Rick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 08:58 AM   #3183
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Sennecke had an arm or shoulder injury early in the season and missed some time, some think he came back to soon(happens in draft years) as it took him time to get his game on track, he is a nice talent although at 5 would be a large reach.
Thanks for the info! You’re right, with the kind of game-changing talent in the top of the draft, he would be a reach at that spot, I just love the kid.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 09:10 AM   #3184
Tibnadian_tpd
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
He had 55 points in 61 games in 2022-23, which is uncommonly good for a draft-minus-1 season. If anything, I'm asking why he didn't get more points this season. He's showing who he really is in the playoffs. 29 points in his last 21 regular season games too.

Plus, there's plenty of star players who hovered around a ppg in their draft season.
Was able to catch a few games in the North Bay/Oshawa playoff series, and Beckett Sennecke reminds me of a poor man's Mark Scheifele of similar size, with a worse shot and somewhat inferior skating, but with similar stickhandling style and some playmaking ability without wowing with any of his passes. From what I can glean from my limited viewings in those playoff games, he doesn't appear to be an uberly talented creator, shooter or play driver. He seems like a complementary player that doesn't utilize his size very well either. I would be surprised if he has the ability to become a point per game type player at the next level, however he has a chance to become a nice secondary offensive complementary piece. I think 5th overall will be too high to take a chance on him, although he is a draft riser.
Tibnadian_tpd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tibnadian_tpd For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2024, 09:10 AM   #3185
cral12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobasew19 View Post
Do you have a full blown scouting report on him Sandman? I saw him playing in the playoffs against the 67s and he was so good, I didn’t know who he was but kept catching my eye. Finally realized he was a potential first rounder after looking him up.
Sandman's profile at Upside Hockey:
https://bit.ly/BeckettSennecke

All profiles here:
https://bit.ly/2024nhldraftprofiles
Old 05-15-2024, 09:17 AM   #3186
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobasew19 View Post
Do you have a full blown scouting report on him Sandman? I saw him playing in the playoffs against the 67s and he was so good, I didn’t know who he was but kept catching my eye. Finally realized he was a potential first rounder after looking him up.
If I did it the write-up today, I would add that Sennecke finished top-5 in 4 skating categories in the on-ice testing leading up to the Top Prospects Game, and was 4th-overall. That write-up is from January, and Sennecke went on a bit of a tear to end the season. From January 19th (when I did the profile) until the end of the regular season, he put up 36 points in 26 games, which is prorated to 87 in 63 games (Sennecke missed 5 games), or 94 points in 68 games if he played all year at that pace.

Last edited by Sandman; 05-15-2024 at 09:43 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2024, 09:46 AM   #3187
cral12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
If I did it the write-up today, I would add that Sennecke finished top-5 in 4 skating categories in the on-ice testing leading up to the Top Prospects Game, and was 4th-overall. That write-up is from January, and Sennecke went on a bit of a tear to end the season. From January 19th (when I did the profile) until the end of the regular season, he put up 36 points in 26 games, which is prorated to 87 in 63 games (Sennecke missed 5 games), or 94 points in 68 games if he played all year at that pace.
I'll try and remember to add these points to his profile on next Upside update!
Old 05-15-2024, 09:48 AM   #3188
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cral12 View Post
I'll try and remember to add these points to his profile on next Upside update!
Awesome, thanks cral!!!
Old 05-15-2024, 03:33 PM   #3189
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Latourneau definitely gives off Hunter Smith vibes, in almost all scenarios outside of Tage Thompson (and he was trending poorly for years) big guys just don’t end up impact NHL offensive threats.

There’s far more skill around where he’s ranked, I’d sooner let someone like Brad waste their pick.
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 03:44 PM   #3190
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick M. View Post
Aren’t we trading Markstrom for Mercer?
I don’t believe Dawson is available for a Markstrom or a late round pick.
The Cobra is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
2024 nhl draft , nhl draft