Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2019, 08:35 AM   #181
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
That idol was meant to be found. It was just sitting at waist level. More and more I'm suspecting this show is driving narratives rather than letting them happen. I'm not going to say it is all scripted, but it is to convenient for the underdog or whoever they chose to go on a run.
Yah, I mean Rick is really the only person left who has done anything and deserves to win. He would have been gone without that idol if he lost the immunity challenge. I could easily see them sort of 'guiding' him to the idol.

Also, whats with players continually not looking for idols? Happens every season.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:15 PM   #182
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Maybe the Exilers form a pact and say whoever gets back in, vote for them?
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:32 PM   #183
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Victoria might be seen as a hanger on,
I think Victoria has shown these flashes of being a top tier strategic player, she seems to have instincts about when things need to change to keep her safe, and know how to get others to think her ideas are theirs. But she is just playing such a conservative game that I don't think it will come through to anyone in the game.

She would be a good returning player if she loses out in the finals due a lack of resume. Probably come back with a more aggressive game.
#-3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:20 AM   #184
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Crazy it is the finale already, feels weird with all the people still kinda in the game. Not sure I'll have time tonight to watch the whole thing.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2019, 07:55 AM   #185
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Crazy it is the finale already, feels weird with all the people still kinda in the game. Not sure I'll have time tonight to watch the whole thing.
Yeah, the whole season feels 'wrong' with only 2 people actually out of the game at this point.

I also can't watch it. This is one of the few nights in my schedule when I can't stay up to midnight watching, as I'm up at 430am.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:35 PM   #186
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Interesting ending and final two tribals

Quote:
Chris deserved the win based on that final three, but I think that was a weak final three. The move to go head to head with Rick was a game winner

Speaking of Rick, he played an amazing game with a huge resume. He would have beat anyone in front of a jury.

God spare me Sandra on my TV again. I don't mind Rob, his win was really a dominant win, I'm amazed that they didn't make it Rob and Ambuh

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:40 PM   #187
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was a really gutsy move by Chris and it made for a great finale, but I don't think anyone who has been voted out as long as he has deserves to win. I don't think 95% of the audience even remembered his name before tonight.

Gavin and Julie aren't convincing winners either, but I probably would have voted for Gavin to win.

I didn't like Rick early in the episode because of his whining/fake crying about not getting picked for reward and laughing at the girls finding the fake idols (even though he was the victim of an expired idol earlier too), but at least he would have been a clear winner if he made the final 3.

And a big fail by Joe. This season was designed for him to win, he was supposed to be in Chris' spot.

Last edited by mile; 05-15-2019 at 11:45 PM.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2019, 11:45 PM   #188
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I don't know, I loved the fake idols, It really screwed over Lauren who I thought had played a very good game. I laughed at the over the shoulder camera shot when she voted because a million dudes watching the series instantly forgot their names

Julia really didn't play much of a game and her BS didn't pass muster with the jury.

Old 05-15-2019, 11:57 PM   #189
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just saw the two statue heads of Boston Rob and Sandra... LMAO

What am I even watching

What a weird season
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2019, 08:11 AM   #190
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Big meh overall. Poor finalists, way way to many idols...like, why did Chris get back in the game, and get a free idol? Aren't you supposed to work for these things? I'd like to see them have a set number for the season, and not have them return immediately after a tribal. It's like old video games, where you could hack them to get all the good stuff, then the game turned out to not be that fun when you have all the toys. That's what this season felt like.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2019, 11:47 AM   #191
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

What a terrible season “Edge of Extinction” was a complete waste of time.

Looks like next season you have to actually compete for idols instead of just running through the jungle looking at every weird tree.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarybornnraised For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2019, 08:36 PM   #192
flamesrule14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Did anyone else’s recording screw them over like mine did? It recorded the first two hours and then nothing. Looks like global had 11-12 as global news instead of survivor. Stupid Telus and stupid global. And of course watching it on demand you can’t fast forward so I don’t feel like watching two hours again just to see the final tribal and voting. Super lame.

Anyways read who won and it was who I figured. I assume giving up immunity and taking on Rick in fire won him the game. Deserved it in that respect, but I definitely didn’t like this edge of extinction twist. No way he should have won when he was one of the first people voted out. Lame season and hopefully they don’t do it again. And yeah completely agree with way to many idols this season.
flamesrule14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:32 PM   #193
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I’m ok with Chris winning as he did what he needed to do within the context of what this season was.

That being said, I am yearning for a more classic season. New players, set amount of idols, no advantages/nullifiers, and just classic survivor outwit/outlast/outplay.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:47 PM   #194
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm also craving a real true villain.

I remember the Black Widows, Jerry Manthey, Johnny Fairplay. Richard

Old 05-17-2019, 12:14 AM   #195
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Finally got around to watching the finale.....wooooooooooooooo!

To be honest I kinda forgot about Chris until he came back into the game, and even then I didn't think he had a chance. But that last move to give up the final immunity was pretty awesome. Didn't hurt that Gavin and Julie were both pretty weak final 3 players. I wish Jeff had asked Rick why he voted for Gavin, that surprised me.

The preview for next season looks pretty 'meh', I agree with others that want to see less idols and such. They should be harder to find and more valuable. Like to see the show scale that aspect of the game back.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:12 AM   #196
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

so KFF and transplant take home the winnings...meh season and poor ending. Hope they toss that format into the garbage heap.
Cheese is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:35 AM   #197
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'd only be willing to see Edge of Extinction again is if they made it more like Lord of the Flies. Only have enough food and water for half of the people there and provide sticks with pillow ends and they can fight for the food. To get back in the game there's a pier six brawl last man standing battle.

But since that's not going to happen no more edge of extinction.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2019, 10:01 AM   #198
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Loved the "dood" jabs Jeff kept firing at Reem.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2019, 12:52 PM   #199
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

This season got the winner it deserved.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:51 PM   #200
NuclearFart
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I'd only be willing to see Edge of Extinction again is if they made it more like Lord of the Flies. Only have enough food and water for half of the people there and provide sticks with pillow ends and they can fight for the food. To get back in the game there's a pier six brawl last man standing battle.
Great minds think alike - post 94. Even better if its like The Hunger Games and replace Jeff Probst with Donald Sutherland sporting a ##### eating grin.

I'm wholly in agreement with everyone's thoughts that Extinction Island was a terrible idea and poorly executed. How hard was it to lose the real game early, proceed to sit on the sidelines for 80% of the contest currying favor with the Jury the entire time, and then come into the game during the countdown buzzer gifted with an idol? I really didn't see the final few steps Chris had to take as that insurmountable relative to actually surviving the entire game.

I also think the preview for next seasons survivor looks even lamer. I cringed and felt embarrassed for Rob when he yells "Survivah schoul is in sah-ssion". We are witnessing this show jump the shark.
NuclearFart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NuclearFart For This Useful Post: