Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2019, 01:07 PM   #161
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just a bad person all around. She felt the need to rage on Kelley so that she could feel better, not giving a #### how it would make Kelley feel. Hey, guess what Reem? It's a game. The goal of the game is to get people voted off. Kelley played the game. You have no right to rage on her for that. The more Reem talks the worse she looks as a human.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2019, 01:35 PM   #162
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
The more Reem talks the worse she looks as a human.
She doesn't even need to talk. That constant scowl she has on her face is enough.

Just a bitter, bitter person.

And frankly, someone her age shouldn't be using the word "dood" as much as she does.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:44 PM   #163
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
However I think he overplayed his hand in bringing everyone together for an easy vote and then suddenly switching to Wentworth. Everyone knows exactly what happened and he'll be the biggest threat now.
Yep, overplayed. Wardog got everyone together for the easy vote, but then flipped everything at the last second. Everyone saw him as the one to get out next and to not listen to or conspire with in camp. He ****ed every angle for himself.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 09:20 PM   #164
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Wardog was an idiot, and a terrible competitor, he wasn't playing a game that would convince the jury that he should win. In the end it says a lot when not only the players but the jury celebrated his ouster.

Right now Rick has to be the favorite even though I dare say he's on the bottom. I like Aurora because she's a challenge beast.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:29 PM   #165
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wardog is a reminder that big moves doesn't always mean good moves. Probably wouldn't have won anyways but I think he had a good chance of making the final 3 if he kept his alliance.

based on the edit
Best chances to win: Rick, Julie, Aurora, Lauren

Also wouldn't be surprised to see the winner be someone from extinction, especially Joe. Getting to spend all that time sympathizing with the jury is gonna be a huge advantage for whoever comes back.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:32 PM   #166
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

not only that but you're watching every tribal and you're coming back into the game knowing the fault lines.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2019, 10:06 PM   #167
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, that was a well played Tribal by Devons. I wondered if he'd fall for it, and he smartly didn't.

It'll be an interesting conversation between Aurora and Gavin with him using her advantage like he did.

The longer it goes, the more I think I dislike this Exile Island wrinkle. We're 31 days in, and only 2 players actually out of the game. I know that it's likely that only one is getting back from Exile Island, but I still just don't like it. It really kinda feels like it robs the big moves of the votes of their impact, since someone stands a chance of getting back in.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2019, 11:29 PM   #168
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

That was a fun episode it really was and shows how much luck plays into the game. I loved that Rick did a good job of sending Rob to hell and poisoning the jury. That was a just overall a game winning move though Rick is a huge target.

I really like Lauren, she's smart and tough as is Aurora. I have a feeling that we're ending up with an all girl finale.

Old 05-02-2019, 12:11 AM   #169
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Awesome stuff from Rick, and a great move by the ladies + Gavin. I hope they get the credit they deserve for that move, right now it looks like the jury is overlooking them and are only looking at what Rick did.

So fitting that Ron gets blindsided at the family visit after all that stuff he was saying about making it to the visit.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:13 AM   #170
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Well, that was a well played Tribal by Devons. I wondered if he'd fall for it, and he smartly didn't.

It'll be an interesting conversation between Aurora and Gavin with him using her advantage like he did.

The longer it goes, the more I think I dislike this Exile Island wrinkle. We're 31 days in, and only 2 players actually out of the game. I know that it's likely that only one is getting back from Exile Island, but I still just don't like it. It really kinda feels like it robs the big moves of the votes of their impact, since someone stands a chance of getting back in.
That was the last tribal that it was able to be used so that is why he used it. She gave it to him because if there was a tie she wouldn't get to vote as she suspected she would be the one tied with.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 09:02 AM   #171
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
That was the last tribal that it was able to be used so that is why he used it. She gave it to him because if there was a tie she wouldn't get to vote as she suspected she would be the one tied with.
Ah, I didn't realize that was the last time it could be used. I understood why she gave it to him, but thought that she'd be upset that he used it when there wasn't a tie. I thought that she'd instructed him to hold it for/as a tie breaker so that she wouldn't have to go to rocks, and he used it anyhow.

But if it had to be used, then she likely won't care one way or another.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 02:10 PM   #172
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Someone explain to me what the point of exile island is. It's not really affecting the game other than players sending the odd advantage, and it's not interesting. I enjoy watching players squirm and strategize and lie, cheat and steal, and exile island is a bunch of players that got punted laying around all day.

If they were running them through challenge gauntlets all day for the right to an extra vote or something maybe it would be interesting, but at this point who cares. Reem was the first out (deservedly so) and I'm annoyed she might make it back in.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2019, 02:19 PM   #173
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't imagine exile makes it in future seasons. Maybe they thought it was a neat idea, but it just isn't worknig out.
Old 05-02-2019, 02:33 PM   #174
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The "next time on survivor" sort of alluded to some advantage to Rick from exile island..

Just get it over with bring the person back already.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:08 PM   #175
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

They should make them the farm team for reward challenges where you could vote out a teammate and then bench them for Joe. Create a little drama.

I mean there's plenty of mean things you can do to make them quit. Watching them hang around all day is boring as hell
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:09 AM   #176
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It'll be interesting to see if an Exiler gets back and makes it to final 3, do they get any votes? Will all the Exilers vote for them or will they all realize it's a silly sideshow and someone who may have sat on Exile for the majority of the game shouldn't win the whole thing.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:02 PM   #177
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flipping on Aurora is a bad move for Vic/Gavin/Lauren, they did everything Rick and Julie wanted them to do. Rick didn't even need to take out his idol, seemed like Aurora was the target going into tribal anyways.

I'm guessing Rick probably wins. Everyone else has been in the background so much lately (even the extinction people) that it's hard to imagine him not pulling it off.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:35 PM   #178
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

If he can get to the final three. Nobody is going to want him in front of the jury, if he gets there its game over.

Right now really, its Rick, Lauren and Gavin as the favorites. Victoria might be seen as a hanger on, Julia as a hanger on.

Rick completely bluffed them off of the plan by showing the idol early and saying he was going to put it on Julia. It was a nice bit of poker playing.

Old 05-09-2019, 07:57 AM   #179
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

IMO Its going to be:

Julie + Returner from Extinction + One of Rick, Lauren, or Gavin in the final 3.

Julie is a goat and can't win, no way the edge of extinction person will win if the jury has any sort of backbone... So that leaves whoever can get there with them.

This season also sucks. And I am certain the producers lead the people to idols. That whole Rick talking and finding it was lame.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:01 AM   #180
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

That idol was meant to be found. It was just sitting at waist level. More and more I'm suspecting this show is driving narratives rather than letting them happen. I'm not going to say it is all scripted, but it is to convenient for the underdog or whoever they chose to go on a run.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: