Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2015, 10:16 AM   #1521
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Really glad I kept mine.

VoC was sexy as it was, so this is going to be awesome.

In other news, I got my hunter into CE normal last night. Got shards and energies until Ir Yut. I got my second Patience and Time (=|) and a third Hunger of Crota.

Three gjallahorns now. Two Light of the Abysses. All I want is a hammer or a shield breaker.

#### RNGesus.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:03 PM   #1522
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

House of Wolves reveal. 12pm MST Just started

www.twitch.tv/bungie
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:57 PM   #1523
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty excited to re-roll legendary weapons, and upgrade the light level on all legendary gear!
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:38 PM   #1524
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
Really wishing I didn't delete my VOG gear now
Whoopsie doodle! Well it shouldn't be too hard to collect it again. But yeah confirmed that you can upgrade all of it, and all weapons (incl. non-DLC)

Old 04-22-2015, 02:19 PM   #1525
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm really only annoyed I got rid of my helms. Those were so hard to come by!
Old 04-22-2015, 02:57 PM   #1526
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Better start running VoG every week again. Like what they've done with the currency system. Being able to make use of the mass of materials works nicely. Can't say no to more sources of glimmer and while VoG might not be a glimmer farm, it'll be nice to still get things of worth regardless.

Huge QoL announcements. Looks like Commendations will be mentioned in an update later this week.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:03 AM   #1527
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

RNG is a funny thing.

Had another reasonable night - ran Crota Norm, but couldn't down him because it was with a group of friends who haven't done the fight very much. Managed to get the boots from the bridge encounter, so now it's just a question of leveling them up to hit 32.

Decided to do the daily story quickly before bed, and Thunderlord drops in a legendary engram....haha.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:59 AM   #1528
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been trying for the last two days to finish crota hard, but every fire team I get with is terrible.
It's been painful. Last night people were dying in the Crystal room from knights and acolytes regularly! Seriously?
Old 04-23-2015, 09:17 AM   #1529
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I've been trying for the last two days to finish crota hard, but every fire team I get with is terrible.
It's been painful. Last night people were dying in the Crystal room from knights and acolytes regularly! Seriously?
You take it for granted when your team skips through it easily - there is certainly a substantial skill gap in the game.

If you want to run it tonight after the Flames game, I can probably put together a couple guys that are solid.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
Old 04-23-2015, 12:30 PM   #1530
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
You take it for granted when your team skips through it easily - there is certainly a substantial skill gap in the game.

If you want to run it tonight after the Flames game, I can probably put together a couple guys that are solid.

I might be up for a CE Hard after the game tonight.

GamerTag: GrimScorpion024
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:44 PM   #1531
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've finally earned enough rank with the Vangaurd to start buying legendary equipment. I only have one legendary piece of armour at this time, so I think it would be a benefit to increase my light by buying one or two legendary pieces of armour.

It just took me while to earn all these marks and levels - want to make sure I'm not wasting them away.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:48 PM   #1532
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
I've finally earned enough rank with the Vangaurd to start buying legendary equipment. I only have one legendary piece of armour at this time, so I think it would be a benefit to increase my light by buying one or two legendary pieces of armour.

It just took me while to earn all these marks and levels - want to make sure I'm not wasting them away.
Try to get an exotic or legendary helmet first. You can't get raid helmets in the normal VoG raid. Have to get in hard. As such, it's the hardest piece to get. I would think one more piece beyond that will get you to lv 26 so you can run VoG for more legendary gear.

Quote:
Is there no one dropping bubbles with Blessings of Light for you in the room?
Old 04-23-2015, 03:25 PM   #1533
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

I find that when you drop a bubble, the knights come further into the room, and do it more often.
I try to get everyone to jump up off the floor once the acolytes are all dead, but no one seems to bother.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:27 PM   #1534
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post

Definitely add a helmet first!
They're the hardest to come by.
Also, save your strange coins and grab an exotic armor piece from Xur tomorrow...they only cost 13 coins usually, so it should be affordable.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:28 PM   #1535
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post

Thanks for the offer, but I'm going to a bar for the game, so I don't know if I'll get back until midnight.
Would be nice to crush a run with some people who are more than just randoms though.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:37 PM   #1536
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I find that when you drop a bubble, the knights come further into the room, and do it more often.
I try to get everyone to jump up off the floor once the acolytes are all dead, but no one seems to bother.
Yeah they do. Usually one of us just yells knight and everyone knows to jump, but that's because I'm in a dedicated group and we're pretty well-coordinated lol.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:41 PM   #1537
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think the helmets need a commendation though? I'm not 100% sure on that though. If so, I'll buy something else now and should have plenty of time to earn enough marks by the time I get my first commendation. Thanks for the tip on the helmet though, sometimes I feel lost with all the gear and guns.

Good call on Xur, but I only have 9 strange coins right now. Trying my best to get more, but the Flames are playing too well right now! Not enough free evenings to play a lot.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:42 PM   #1538
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Thanks for the offer, but I'm going to a bar for the game, so I don't know if I'll get back until midnight.
Would be nice to crush a run with some people who are more than just randoms though.
Yea no sweat. I will probably finish norm tonight and try to do either VOG hard or CE hard depending on the groups I can find.

Really want a Mythoclast + a good rocket launcher.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:44 PM   #1539
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I could give you one of my many mythoclasts, I would!
I don't ever use them, but maybe when I bump it up to 365 I will. It's hard to justify using an exotic primary in PvE when Icebreaker and Gjallarhorn exist.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:17 PM   #1540
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'm actually getting pretty excited

Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote