Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2015, 11:01 AM   #1261
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjRhythmic View Post
As long as the sword bearer is a level 32 you should be fine. And make sure you have a helmet that gives you health when you pick up an orb.
I WISH.

It's an awkward hump that I'm on. Too strong for normal, which I can now clear in 45 minutes but I am not quite good enough to get pugged for hm.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:15 AM   #1262
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sometimes the RNG in this game really makes you cry inside a little bit even if it's not for yourself. Only have Necrochasm and Hawkmoon left to get, friend who I typically play with has had a ridiculous run the past 2 weeks. 5th Thunderlord, 2 more Hawkmoons (4) and 2 more Gjallahorns (3).

Also the littering of all the new currency like commedations and exotic shards...such a clear message of Bungie's attempt at extending playtime for the short term.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:22 PM   #1263
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
You can access light level 31 armor from the vanguard using vanguard marks from completing strikes, and bounties. They have changed it a little bit, in that you now need a commendation to purchase anything from the vanguard as well though. You get a commendation every time you level up to the next vanguard rank.
You'll need the dlc to reach level 32.
Thanks. It seems like there's more drops than when I played in the fall but maybe that's just my memory. Does the DLC introduce any new enemies or locations? I don't recall seeing any raids available when I was in the map is there something I need to do to access available raids?
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:39 PM   #1264
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

You don't get access to even the original raid, Vault of Glass, until level 24 I believe. The actual raid level is 26 though, so a level 24 player would have a very hard time.
Essentially, the best parts of the game don't start until you hit level 26.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:48 PM   #1265
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also, there are some new missions, and a new raid, but there really aren't any new locations to explore. All the new content is accessed and launched through the same 4 locations.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:31 AM   #1266
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
Sometimes the RNG in this game really makes you cry inside a little bit even if it's not for yourself. Only have Necrochasm and Hawkmoon left to get, friend who I typically play with has had a ridiculous run the past 2 weeks. 5th Thunderlord, 2 more Hawkmoons (4) and 2 more Gjallahorns (3).

Also the littering of all the new currency like commedations and exotic shards...such a clear message of Bungie's attempt at extending playtime for the short term.
Oh I feel you... I still don't have full raid gear for any of my guys. Been running Crota consistently for 4+ weeks now. Good times

Only need boots for my Titan. Boots for my Warlock. And a helmet for my hunter.

Did get Red Death after downing Crota this week, so was still a good run.
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:31 AM   #1267
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally got my hunter's raid helmet today.
in the rewards listed in the bottom screen, I saw a last word pop up, and someone else called that they saw a ghorn, but didn't say who.
When I went to orbit, a yellow drop popped up to reveal...
the last word.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:28 AM   #1268
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Woe is me, the best pvp gun in the game dropped for you Mass Nerder.

I would love to replace my blue pulse rifle......can`t wait until I get Bad Juju or Red Death.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:23 AM   #1269
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ah, I just already have one. I thought, for a second, that I might have been lucky enough to get the gjallarhorn.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:45 AM   #1270
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fair enough.

I`m stalling on my leveling progression right now, stuck at 25. Haven`t got a new piece of gear all week.

Been grinding away at FWC rep to get their Intellect + Discipline gear. Wish I had figured out at the start of my crucible playing that FWC was the way to go for blade dancer.

Hopefully once I get my FWC gear I can start to raid a bit to pick up some of the better weapons.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:49 AM   #1271
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

HELM OF SAINT-14!!!!!

Level 32 here I come!

Is what I would say if I had Radiant Shards. ####

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver

Last edited by Blaster86; 03-06-2015 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:32 AM   #1272
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone who's a titan or has a passing thought about creating a titan sometime down the line needs to pick up the Saint-14. It's the most important exotic item in any titan's repertoire. I've had one since maybe a week or two after launch, and still use it on a regular basis.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:42 AM   #1273
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
Anyone who's a titan or has a passing thought about creating a titan sometime down the line needs to pick up the Saint-14. It's the most important exotic item in any titan's repertoire. I've had one since maybe a week or two after launch, and still use it on a regular basis.
I like the armamentarium as it gives you an extra gernade but the helmet is nice as it blinds the enemy.

Mccree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:45 AM   #1274
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

My kids has 22 strange coins and in on the fence between buying the titan helmet or the ice breaker? Thoughts? I don't think his level 22 hunter is strong enough to a weekly for more coins. His titan is level 27 with only a legendary helmet. The rest of his Armour is blue.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:50 AM   #1275
johnnyrocket03
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Icebreaker for sure.
johnnyrocket03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnnyrocket03 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2015, 11:51 AM   #1276
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccree View Post
I like the armamentarium as it gives you an extra gernade but the helmet is nice as it blinds the enemy.
Armamentarium is nice in PvP, but Saint is good in pretty much all situations, including PvP. I think the only place where the blinding bubble doesn't help is Atheon, Templar and Crota. It's great for all other parts of the raid, and all strikes.

Quote:
My kids has 22 strange coins and in on the fence between buying the titan helmet or the ice breaker? Thoughts? I don't think his level 22 hunter is strong enough to a weekly for more coins. His titan is level 27 with only a legendary helmet. The rest of his Armour is blue.
That's tough. If I had to pick, I'd probably actually go with IB if he doesn't have one, but that helm is still the best for titans.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:27 PM   #1277
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Yep.

When I read that this was on the docket for this week last week I got giddy and didn't spend a coin.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 03-06-2015, 12:56 PM   #1278
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Has he done the Lv30 weekly on his 27 titan? I wouldn't mind trying to run either character if he could get his hunter up a little more. If he can get Lv25 then that's 6 strange coins for Lv28 weekly.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Anduril For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2015, 01:02 PM   #1279
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
Has he done the Lv30 weekly on his 27 titan? I wouldn't mind trying to run either character if he could get his hunter up a little more. If he can get Lv25 then that's 6 strange coins for Lv28 weekly.
We did lvl 28 weekly on his titan last night. I am pretty certain he will pick the ice breaker. As for getting his hunter to level 25, I will let him know to try but sadly this thing called bedtime gets in his way

Old 03-06-2015, 02:11 PM   #1280
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I've got a insurmountable skullfort (my only exotic other than my Icebreaker).

Should I get a Helm of Saint-14 as well? I do prefer to run as a defender over a striker....
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote