Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2017, 04:14 PM   #81
RW99
First Line Centre

Location: 103 104END 106 109 111 117 122 202 203 207 208 216 217 219 221 222 224 225 313 317 HC G
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
^How dare you.
Yeah I have no desire to watch his movies anymore. Except for maybe the first 1/3 of Executive Decision.
RW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RW99 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2017, 04:50 PM   #82
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Heard a lot of good, I guess really bad stories about Segal over the years. He filmed a lot of movies here in his fat bloated state.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:13 PM   #83
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, the Segal rumours aren't really news. Hasn't been accused of kidnap and rape in the past as well?
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:35 PM   #84
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Any of the stories I have heard there's never been anything illegal. More sad and pathetic with gross groupies and hookers.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:39 PM   #85
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Haha the Louis CK one is kind of hilarious. He just starts jacking it around chicks? Wtf.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:36 PM   #86
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Haha the Louis CK one is kind of hilarious. He just starts jacking it around chicks? Wtf.
Not really funny for the women.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2017, 06:28 AM   #87
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't say I'm terribly surprised be these latest rounds of accusations. Louis CK has long struck me as kind of creepy, Martin Sheen is generally a trainwreck, and Seagal is one of those really well-known predators in the business.

This is just from his Wikipedia page.

Quote:
In May, 1991 (during the filming of Out for Justice), Warner Brothers' employees Raenne Malone, Nicole Selinger, and Christine Keeve accused Seagal of sexual harassment.

Around the same time, at least four actresses claimed that Seagal had made sexual advances, typically during late-night "casting sessions."

In another incident, Jenny McCarthy claimed that Seagal asked her to undress during an audition for Under Siege 2.

In 1995, Seagal was charged with employment discrimination, sexual harassment and breach of contract. Cheryl Shuman filed a case against Seagal, accusing him of threatening and beating her during the filming of On Deadly Ground.

On April 12, 2010, 23-year-old Kayden Nguyen filed a lawsuit against Seagal in a Los Angeles County Superior Court, specifying damages in excess of one million dollars. In her suit, Nguyen made a number of allegations against Seagal, including sexual harassment, the illegal trafficking of females for sex, failure to prevent sexual harassment, and wrongful termination.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:18 AM   #88
gargamel
First Line Centre

Exp:

I must be missing something with the Louis CK story. So 1 woman says he sounded like he was masturbating on the phone and he asked 4 other women if he could take his penis out? 3 of them said yes, so he did, and 1 of them said no, so he didn’t? Embarrassing fetish, but I don’t see the scandle.
gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gargamel For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2017, 07:44 AM   #89
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
there's one that's no shock. rumors have been circulating about him for years, too.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:46 AM   #90
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
Can't say I'm terribly surprised be these latest rounds of accusations. Louis CK has long struck me as kind of creepy, Martin Sheen is generally a trainwreck, and Seagal is one of those really well-known predators in the business.
Hey, don't lump Charlie's Dad into this. Charlie is the scumbag. Martin Sheen is the President.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2017, 07:50 AM   #91
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargamel View Post
I must be missing something with the Louis CK story. So 1 woman says he sounded like he was masturbating on the phone and he asked 4 other women if he could take his penis out? 3 of them said yes, so he did, and 1 of them said no, so he didn’t? Embarrassing fetish, but I don’t see the scandle.
No kidding. And as far as sexual abuse goes, that has to be the least abusive. That's again why we need some better terminology here. All sexual abuse isn't the same so we need better descriptors to describe specific abuses or a scale or something. Like this is level one sexual abuse and back alley knife to the throat kind of rape is a level 10.

And as for the larger sexual abuse problems, these men are brutal and need to be held accountable. But there is another thing that shouldn't be dismissed as victim blaming and that is women need to be better educated on warning signs or something, too. Seems super insanely obvious to me, but business meetings don't take place in hotel rooms. That's putting yourself in a vulnerable position. Maybe there needs to be a unit in CALM or something in high school that educates people on sexual predation and offers strategies to remove yourself from a position you may inadvertently end up in.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:53 AM   #92
Nsd1
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargamel View Post
I don't know if it can be considered sexual assault but I think the main issue was that Louis, being a successful male comedian, had power/leverage over these women. Some of the women were comedians trying to make it in the industry. If some like Louis CK said something bad about them, that could be the end of their careers.
Nsd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:00 AM   #93
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's definately sexual harassment. Person in position of power makes inappropriate or unwanted sexual advance. Asking the question Can I masterbate in front of you is harassment.

Is a flasher at a playground a child predator? I would say yes, so is doing it to other adults different?
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2017, 08:30 AM   #94
BananaPancakes
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I don't see how you can compare him to someone flashing children at a playground. He didn't flash anyone. He asked if he could masturbate in front of them and if they said yes, he did. If they said no, he didn't.

Also, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that he was in a position of power. Yes, he's was one of the more popular comedians at the time, but these were women were adults and fellow comedians. It's not like it was director/actor or boss/employee relationship.

I agree with gargamel that it's a creepy, embarrassing fetish, but I don't think he should be lumped in with what Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein did.

Last edited by BananaPancakes; 11-10-2017 at 08:33 AM.
BananaPancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BananaPancakes For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2017, 08:37 AM   #95
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

In the kind of online mob hysteria we're witnessing, those kinds of distinctions are not welcome. The more emotional people get, the simpler they want the world to be.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2017, 08:46 AM   #96
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think you need to read the article again, those women did not all say yes he could masturbate in front of them, I believe it said one of them said she went along because she didn't know how else to handle it, others declined, or the incident started before they knew what was happening.

Some pretty flippant comments about this type of harassment. Hilarious?
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigtmac19 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2017, 08:47 AM   #97
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

I think it’s fairly concerning and indicative of the near-systemic issue men have in relation to their sexuality and ability to understand appropriate conduct.

I’m not saying anyone who defends Louie CK or dismissed him is a bad person, but that their views are shaped by the distorted way society built the male/female relationship. Louie CK is inexcusable. It’s not only sexual harassment to ask women (who are near strangers) to masturbate in front of them, but it’s downright disgusting to proceed with it in the event they don’t explicitly say no (as with the first two comedians mentioned, they never said yes, but Louie still took out his penis and did it anyway). Nor is it appropriate to masturbate while you’re on the phone with someone and start dirty talk.

These are not funny or innocent suggestions of interest. This is absolutely abusive sexual conduct.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2017, 08:48 AM   #98
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaPancakes View Post
I don't see how you can compare him to someone flashing children at a playground. He didn't flash anyone. He asked if he could masturbate in front of them and if they said yes, he did. If they said no, he didn't.

Also, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that he was in a position of power. Yes, he's was one of the more popular comedians at the time, but these were women were adults and fellow comedians. It's not like it was director/actor or boss/employee relationship.

I agree with gargamel that it's a creepy, embarrassing fetish, but I don't think he should be lumped in with what Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein did.
He Masterbated on the phone with someone without consent - more than harassment similar to the flasher
He asked to masterbate in front of someone on a show he was working on, person declined - textbook harasssment
He asked to Mastebate in front of someone on the pilot he was working on, person declined
He asked to masterbate in front of a women in the production group while he was head of production on the Cris Rock show, person accepted - textbook harassment

It's a clear pattern of Harassment within the workplace. Some of these incidents occurred on set. It isn't a guy with a sexual kink.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/mobile.n...nduct.amp.html
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:51 AM   #99
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

What CK did was harassment. But like all crimes, there are degrees of sexual misconduct or harassment. The problem is, in this atmosphere if you simply point out there are degrees of crime, you're accused of being a defender or apologist.

Stealing cars is bad. Breaking into peoples' homes and robbing them at gunpoint is worse. To point out it's worse isn't to defend or apologize for people stealing cars.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2017, 08:53 AM   #100
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

So then some of you would be fine if I approached your mother, wife, or daughter and just started cranking on my hog? I mean it IS the least abusive kind of sexual abuse right? Yeah totally cool and ok.

“Excuse me miss, do you mind if I jack off right now?” Definitely acceptable.

Last edited by ResAlien; 11-10-2017 at 08:55 AM.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post: