Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2024, 12:38 PM   #1461
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Major View Post
He also likes Demidov better than Michkov which I thought was interesting.
I have no personal knowledge, but just for comparisons..

As of a month ago, Demidov had 2.04 ppg in the MHL. In their draft eligible years, Kucherov had 1.41, Panararin had 1.16, and Kaprizov had 0.64.

Michkov didn't play in the MHL in his draft year, but in his D-1 year, he had 1.82 ppg while Demidov had 1.51 PPG.

Demidov is a an inch taller, but like 40 pounds heavier than Michkov.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 03-28-2024 at 05:11 PM.
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesAddiction For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2024, 12:41 PM   #1462
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
I would also put Buium ahead of Parekh but that's all a personal choice, Parekh's numbers probably have him ahead reasonably.
Buium being an American playing NCAA would make me lean heavily toward Parekh, personally.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 12:54 PM   #1463
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Buium has a better NHLe than Parekh. In other words, his offensive stats are more impressive.

I also think Buium is quite a bit better defensively. His high hockey IQ helps him on both ends of the ice.

Therefore, I would personally have Buium ahead of Parekh, though I still like Parekh.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 12:54 PM   #1464
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I doubt Flames with the lottery to get Celebrini...

but kind of agree with Button's take here. Walking away with any of Demidov, Parekh, Buium, Levshunov, Dickinson, Helenius, Eiserman, Lindstrom, Catton or Iginla would be a big win as it's hard pressed to separate those guys.

And really Yakemchuk and Silayev are probably in that group too.

Lots of depth in the first round IMO.
I would pass on Helenius. He's Finnish and some of them don't translate well to North America and the NHL. Then there's the fact that the Flames haven't fared well drafting European forwards. Also he's more of a 2-way player and I think the Flames need players that have elite offensive potential.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2024, 12:59 PM   #1465
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Forget Catton for a second, but if we had the choice between Buium, Parekh and Iginla at 8, for example, who would everyone pick?

This is the type of scenario I struggle most with. I have Iginla over every forward except Celebrini, Demidov, and i'm waffling on Lindstrom. But if one of the top d men is still available, I would struggle hard on the choice.

Iginla is probably a winger but outside possibility he's a centre. Buium is american and could potentially screw us one day. Parekh has questions about D focus. But all have tantalizing talent.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 01:00 PM   #1466
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Button not as big on Hage as some of you
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 01:01 PM   #1467
HighLifeMan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
Buium has a better NHLe than Parekh. In other words, his offensive stats are more impressive..
Parekh leads his team in goals by 4, and points by 21. What he's doing offensively is more impressive. With that said, I too prefer Buium.
HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 01:17 PM   #1468
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Craig Button's updated list is out... Always looks a little little different. He has Catton at 15, Parekh and Buium as 3/4 and Silayev outside the top 10. Lowest I've seen M B-N ranked.

Would anyone be surprised if the flames stepped up to draft with Iggy jr and Catton on the board and took Helenius?

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/craig-s-list-...rini-1.2096418
Link is broken, here is the correct link:
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 01:38 PM   #1469
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Forget Catton for a second, but if we had the choice between Buium, Parekh and Iginla at 8, for example, who would everyone pick?

This is the type of scenario I struggle most with. I have Iginla over every forward except Celebrini, Demidov, and i'm waffling on Lindstrom. But if one of the top d men is still available, I would struggle hard on the choice.

Iginla is probably a winger but outside possibility he's a centre. Buium is american and could potentially screw us one day. Parekh has questions about D focus. But all have tantalizing talent.
It would be a difficult choice for me. I really like Buium and Parekh. My brain says one of those two, but my heart says Iggy.

FWIW, the poster known as Tacoman has had interactions with Buium and figures he is pro that wouldn't be a risk to draft.
Old 03-28-2024, 01:56 PM   #1470
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Very hard question, I think this team desperately needs a Buium/Parekh today as the most important need so they take the slight lead imo.
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 02:07 PM   #1471
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Someone else altogether most likely, but if it HAD to be one of those three... hmmm... probably Buium.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 02:18 PM   #1472
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Button sure has Helenius high on his ranking. I'll be pretty disappointed if we take Helenius at #8-10.
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Fonz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2024, 02:21 PM   #1473
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
Button sure has Helenius high on his ranking. I'll be pretty disappointed if we take Helenius at #8-10.
Well it's a possibility for sure given the lack of center depth in the organization. If Honzek doesn't pan out they have nobody in the pipeline to take over from Backlund and Kadri.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 02:32 PM   #1474
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Well it's a possibility for sure given the lack of center depth in the organization. If Honzek doesn't pan out they have nobody in the pipeline to take over from Backlund and Kadri.
It's just my hope that we can snag one of Catton or Lindstrom there. And if those 2 are gone, then I hope they'll go with 1 of the dmen.
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 02:36 PM   #1475
Tbull8
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just grab Iggy and then McQueen Hagens or Misa next year. There’s our #1 center
Tbull8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 03:06 PM   #1476
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbull8 View Post
Just grab Iggy and then McQueen Hagens or Misa next year. There’s our #1 center
And where is our #1 D
or #2 D for that matter.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2024, 03:22 PM   #1477
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Craig Button's updated list is out... Always looks a little little different. He has Catton at 15, Parekh and Buium as 3/4 and Silayev outside the top 10. Lowest I've seen M B-N ranked.

Would anyone be surprised if the flames stepped up to draft with Iggy jr and Catton on the board and took Helenius?

I would be pissed! Seriously, Helenius is the safe pick in this draft. He is going to be an NHL player for sure but he still screams 3rd line C to me. I don't see any high upside in Helenius. If the Flames drafted Helenius over either of those two guys, especially Catton I am probably breaking something.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2024, 03:26 PM   #1478
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbull8 View Post
I always love Craigs list because it shows who the flames may have higher than others. Wouldnt be surprised to see Buium Helenius and Iginla a bit higher than other teams
His brother doesn't share anything with him. They see things very differently imo, one is a head scout who has done a terrific job, one thought Ruslan Zainullin was better than Marc Savard, bought out a future HOF player, and gave away JS Giguere.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2024, 03:26 PM   #1479
Tbull8
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
And where is our #1 D
or #2 D for that matter.
Jiricek
Kiviharju
Hutson

With the Canucks pick. We need talent across the board, I just personally believe in Tijs upside and don’t want to miss out on that because of his position. By the time most of these guys are in their prime, the team will be completely different anyways
Tbull8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 03:30 PM   #1480
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
He also likes Demidov better than Michkov which I thought was interesting.
Which to me is insanity. Demidov is a good playmaking talent, no doubt but to me this would be like last year saying Adam Fantilli would be better than Connor Bedard. Michkov to me has future Art Ross potential, a superstar in the making. Demidov is good but I don't see that ceiling for him.
The Following User Says Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:

Tags
2024 nhl draft , nhl draft